***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thankfully, we don’t need anymore old crocks who haven’t played for two years. 

Speaking of crocks… videos 🤬🤬🤬

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet

So have Preston just signed off on something that allows their out of contract players to confirm their signings elsewhere?

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So have Preston just signed off on something that allows their out of contract players to confirm their signings elsewhere?

Wouldn't surprise me if this happened given Savage's connections at Preston.

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yeah... I was thinking that. I wonder if we were holding back to sort the Naismith situation, before announcing or being able to afford (due to SNs salary reduction) Gino? 

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Would explain the constant delays 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Someone had mentioned Snodgrass way back, is there anything in that do you know? Wouldnt make sense as we are trying to get the age of the squad down but just random that it came up

Biffa Bacon
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sounds like he is still under contract with Preston. He cannot be contracted to both at the same time, so the Burton contract will start at an agreed date in the future. They must have both agreed to the  public statement. What if he breaks a leg in the meantime? 

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Wouldn't surprise me if this happened given Savage's connections at Preston.

8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah... I was thinking that. I wonder if we were holding back to sort the Naismith situation, before announcing or being able to afford (due to SNs salary reduction) Gino? 

6 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Just seems that Preston have given the go ahead, given that Moult also announced at a new club, could be coincidence though.

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Sounds like he is still under contract with Preston. He cannot be contracted to both at the same time, so the Burton contract will start at an agreed date in the future. They must have both agreed to the  public statement. What if he breaks a leg in the meantime? 

That’s what makes me think it was a wait on Preston type thing. Maybe they’ve officially agreed to pay up to the terms of the contract. (Maybe pay day for the month falls on the 17th and pays up to the end of the month)

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Someone had mentioned Snodgrass way back, is there anything in that do you know? Wouldnt make sense as we are trying to get the age of the squad down but just random that it came up

Not random at all some eejit mentioned it in January. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just seems that Preston have given the go ahead, given that Moult also announced at a new club, could be coincidence though.

That’s what makes me think it was a wait on Preston type thing. Maybe they’ve officially agreed to pay up to the terms of the contract. (Maybe pay day for the month falls on the 17th and pays up to the end of the month)

Maybe allowed to do it two weeks before the contract ends and still get all the pay, bonuses etc. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Josh knows his stuff striving to be the next Jamie walker, hope he can👍

Let’s hope he’s a lot better, fitter and committed than that. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe allowed to do it two weeks before the contract ends and still get all the pay, bonuses etc. 

Think so, seems that way at least

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Thought Gino would of changed the number from 30 . Could still do before the start of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s hope he’s a lot better, fitter and committed than that. 

If he gets anywhere near the goals walker has we'll do well

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Thought Gino would of changed the number from 30 . Could still do before the start of the season. 

nah he will always be number 30 he said, as a nod to his late friend Christian Mbulu

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He covers it in the Hearts TV interview posted further up this page.

Happy with Ginelly signing on a 2 year deal. He said himself he wasn't an injury prone player, and his record doesn't seem to suggest he is.  He was just unlucky that he got injured when he did, and missed a season that could have been a real confidence booster for him and got him ready for next season. 

Good to see a bit of pace in the team being added, even if it's a player who was technically already here. 

William H. Bonney
17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

What, a lazy injury prone midfielder? 

No thanks. 

19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

nah he will always be number 30 he said, as a nod to his late friend Christian Mbulu

Aww is it . Makes sense then. I thought he would hold off for 7 or 11 but If 30 means something to him as a tribute to his mate then fair play. 

19 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

He covers it in the Hearts TV interview posted further up this page.

👍 Cheers fella.

Biffa Bacon
31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It will be bolted down within each contract, transfer of risk, will be an agreed clause. You can understand why some Clubs don't comment until the player is officially contracted to them.

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

No thanks. 

So you don’t want a lazy injury prone goal scoring midfielder okey dokey then

AllyjamboDerbyshire

No thanks. 

The way Gino spoke about Walker it would appear that the players who know him view him differently from many on here, and hold him in high regard. I'm not saying he's not a lazy injury prone player, just that I've never played with him so I'm unlikely to know better than the players who train and play with him every week. Admittedly the injury prone label is justified as he has missed plenty of games through injury, but 'lazy' should surely be judged best by his teammates alone.

A_A wehatethehibs

No thanks. 

50 goals and over 200 games for Hearts was the achievement Gino complimented Walker on, said he admired that and would love to do as well as that. He'll have been an unbelievable player for us if he does so 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

50 goals and over 200 games for Hearts was the achievement Gino complimented Walker on, said he admired that and would love to do as well as that. He'll have been an unbelievable player for us if he does so 

True. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Very happy to see Gino signed and looking forward to seeing Liam Boyce getting a lot more quality service. I would love to see us now get another striker or a number 10 type player who could sniff chances in an out of the box and make late runs in the Naismith fashion. 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Very happy to see Gino signed and looking forward to seeing Liam Boyce getting a lot more quality service. I would love to see us now get another striker or a number 10 type player who could sniff chances in an out of the box and make late runs in the Naismith fashion. 

Definitely need another striker i would say - on the hearts page we only have 3 forward and Henderson is one of them, and i wouldnt class him as a striker, more of a second striker.

Ford Prentice
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Definitely need another striker i would say - on the hearts page we only have 3 forward and Henderson is one of them, and i wouldnt class him as a striker, more of a second striker.

Respectfully disagree. For me Hendo is an out and out striker.

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, jambocub said:

If he gets anywhere near the goals walker has we'll do well

51 goals in 7-8 years is no great return really. I would hope someone playing in his position would do better, including two years in the championship. 

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

I can't see him out and out in a 4-2-3-1 against Premiership clubs tbh. You never know though. Deserves a chance.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

The way Gino spoke about Walker it would appear that the players who know him view him differently from many on here, and hold him in high regard. I'm not saying he's not a lazy injury prone player, just that I've never played with him so I'm unlikely to know better than the players who train and play with him every week. Admittedly the injury prone label is justified as he has missed plenty of games through injury, but 'lazy' should surely be judged best by his teammates alone.

I don’t think Gino has trained or played with him much either. They did seem to have a good bit of banter in the treatment room though. 
I think anyone can judge whether a player is lazy, and considering how many times Naismith shouted at him away to Morton I reckon they know he needs to be reminded of his duties when we don’t have the ball. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

He is but needs to play with a partner of some description. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Another man linked gone

According to a poster on here he’d already signed back in January 🙈

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He chose number 30 as a tribute to his mate Christian Mbulu who played for Morecambe and died aged 23. One of his reveal photos is him holding the 3rd top with Mbulu 30 on the back. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, theshed said:

Yeah the usual ITK crowd seem to be off

Still waiting to hear who the WOW signing is. If there is one.

Love a good ITK snippet, but when its "aye defo signed" and nothing happens it makes them look dodgy

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Fitzroy Pointon
12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He chose number 30 as a tribute to his mate Christian Mbulu who played for Morecambe and died aged 23. One of his reveal photos is him holding the 3rd top with Mbulu 30 on the back. 

Just seen that and thought we had signed someone else, didn't recognise Gino at first. Has he shaved his hair off? 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Just seen that and thought we had signed someone else, didn't recognise Gino at first. Has he shaved his hair off? 

It’s in braids I think 🤔

Assuming Irving is gone and ignoring Damour

Gordon 

Stewart

Stone

Smith

Kingley

Halliday

Brandon

Souttar

Halkett

Pooescu

Haring

McEneff

Walker

GMS

Roberts

Ginelly

Boyce

Henderson 

Gnando

Not sure which youngsters will see game time Logan, McGill, Smith?

20 minutes ago, theshed said:

Exactly. The next names was Middleton or hastie we were meant to be signing so see if that happens now 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Assuming Irving is gone and ignoring Damour

Gordon 

Stewart

Stone

Smith

Kingley

Halliday

Brandon

Souttar

Halkett

Pooescu

Haring

McEneff

Walker

GMS

Roberts

Ginelly

Boyce

Henderson 

Gnando

Not sure which youngsters will see game time Logan, McGill, Smith?

Stone is likely to go out on loan and Brandon won’t kick a ball this year and might never again for us. Halliday principally an attacking midfielder, allegedly. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Stone is likely to go out on loan and Brandon won’t kick a ball this year and might never again for us. Halliday principally an attacking midfielder, allegedly. 

Halliday should never play midfield for us ever again. Wasn’t sure about Stone but we need a right back fairly urgently if Brandon out the picture. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***