***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Naismiths replacement is already here, if you dont know who that is, you werent paying attention the last few games

you will be swimming upstream with some people with that statement

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Naismiths replacement is already here, if you dont know who that is, you werent paying attention the last few games

GMS?

10 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Comments are hilarious. Last year naisy was being touted as the player/manager and we’d be stupid not to do this. Now, as development manager, some are moaning. Only on JKB! 

The majority of comments here and other platforms are praising it, I think it's a minority that have a problem with it

12 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Comments are hilarious. Last year naisy was being touted as the player/manager and we’d be stupid not to do this. Now, as development manager, some are moaning. Only on JKB! 

I know! It's almost like different people have different opinions. Nuts. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm guessing you mean McEneff?

lost in space
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Sturgeon? Salmond? - oh no, not Connor Salmon.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

2 minutes ago, CAR said:

GMS?

CAR knows

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

GMS?

That was down to the 3 at the back model that allowed GMS to come inside and impact on play from the middle.

By all accounts we are back to 4 in defence next season and i expect GMS to be back on the wing first and foremost.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think folk have forgotten Naismith took a cut early days of COVID, his decision is to become a member of staff, rather than a contractor in every day life; this provides job security, probably other perks (he wont really need) but will come with a significant drop in salary.

Steven Naismith is a wealthy man, this is now about his future career development, realising his legs have probably just about gone, he has made the bright forward thinking move, to take 1 back to take 2 forward.

Boab, pressure is on, your successor is in waiting!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

GMS?

That was down to the 3 at the back model that allowed GMS to come inside and impact on play from the middle.

By all accounts we are back to 4 in defence next season and i expect GMS to be back on the wing first and foremost.

Nah, Neilson told us all, thats where he saw him at his best and as a threat. Wasted on the wing.

Neilson is obviously not Bielsa and we are not Leeds but would expect a front 3 or 4 to be very interchangeable when the season begins, need another piece though or we would require to rely on Hendo. Hendo improved dramatically towards the end for the system, Boyce as the pinnacle, Ginnelly, GMS and Hendo/AN other buzzing round Boyce, that could be quite exciting.

Problem we still have is winning the ball back, hopefully Pete stays fit, McEneff improves, 2 rock solid midfield options still lacking, as good a passer and striker of the ball as Irving is/was, he had significant holes in his game. Halliday needs to play left, if he reappears in the middle think I will end Neilson myself :lol:

Sub4TiddlerMurray
  • Naismith could have sat on the remaining lucrative (by our standards rather than his) contract. He didn't.
  • He did the honourable thing, hung up his boots and freed money in the club's playing budget. Let's take a moment and applaud that.
  • He has now moved to a salaried position with the cub. That's a great thing for him and for Hearts. I'm sure smart young players would see him as an attractive option for developing their careers and as such he will help us to sign better young talent.
  • Moving from a playing contract to a salaried employee means the former has ceased and the latter will be consistent with other salaried employees remuneration and conditions (i.e. it is absurd to assume he's on anything close to what he earned before)

Upshot: brilliant for the club and brilliant for him. Reading anything else into this is pant-wetting of the highest order.

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:
  • Naismith could have sat on the remaining lucrative (by our standards rather than his) contract. He didn't.
  • He did the honourable thing, hung up his boots and freed money in the club's playing budget. Let's take a moment and applaud that.
  • He has now moved to a salaried position with the cub. That's a great thing for him and for Hearts. I'm sure smart young players would see him as an attractive option for developing their careers and as such he will help us to sign better young talent.
  • Moving from a playing contract to a salaried employee means the former has ceased and the latter will be consistent with other salaried employees remuneration and conditions (i.e. it is absurd to assume he's on anything close to what he earned before)

Upshot: brilliant for the club and brilliant for him. Reading anything else into this is pant-wetting of the highest order.

Agreed

heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

This

Let's not forget Naismith will be getting other income outside football. He's got a restaurant (or certainly has a share in one) and he does occasional media work also.

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This

Let's not forget Naismith will be getting other income outside football. He's got a restaurant (or certainly has a share in one) and he does occasional media work also.

He has a pizza restaurant in Stewarton. 

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

best post on the thread

46 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I know it has been muted that he encourages players on and off the park which is obviously a good thing.

Having said that have we advertised the job on the open market to see if there were any better options out there? Don't think we did.

I honestly don't see any better options out there for us as a club. He has the most footballing experience at the club, played at the exceptional high level and is been a proven mentor and leader for the last few years.

Granted he doesn't have the "experience" or had a similar role before, but I think this is a very good move by the club to help out young players transition and develop further towards the first team. I have high hopes for him and this role, hopefully this will provide our youngsters with the mentality needed in order to succeed, and the likes of Hickey and Patterson will become more frequent!

Ainsley Harriott
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

GMS will play more centrally next season as a 10

gorgieheart

Is there not a thread for Naismith's new role chat  ?    

Just Sayin....

:greggy:

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

Is there not a thread for Naismith's new role chat  ?    

Just Sayin....

:greggy:

... Is there not a thread for everything else mentioned on this "transfer news" thread 😂

Nobody really cares now, let's be honest. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

Howdy Doody Jambo
41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ewan Henderson must be looking to establish himself in the team looks to me as Naismiths replacement, so hopefully he will be offered a long term contract pronto 

Stendelnator
10 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

I might have a go. 

We are going to announce a new signing tomorrow (technically later today) You heard it here first. Or probably didn’t. 

But that’s what I was told. 

2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

There will DEFINITELY be a new signing today. 

👀 

57 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Why would we agree to that? We'd be better off keeping him as a player on that basis.

Like Damour.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

STOP IT

TELL US SO WE CAN DESTROY THIS THREAD

I'd imagine he's hinting at Gino, given the goal of the day.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

I'd imagine he's hinting at Gino, given the goal of the day.

this thread needs a signing even though this one is a given

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

this thread needs a signing even though this one is a given

Maybe we'll get one before page 300....

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Kai Kennedy linked with a loan move and premiership clubs interested 

Not sure, maybe. Reminded me a bit of Templeton. Don't think we could give Rangers any guarantee of game time tho. 

BackOfTheNet
15 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right, so if goal of the day is early - we’ll be signing someone and that’ll be the hint. Might be a month from now, but that’ll be what happens.

Goal of the day early

Goal from Ginnelly

If he’s announced today then the Goal of the day will be watched VERY closely from now on 👀 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Goal of the day early

Goal from Ginnelly

If he’s announced today then the Goal of the day will be watched VERY closely from now on 👀 

The goal of the day means nothing to me any more. Too many false dawns

:seething: 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Keep your hope up. One day, one day…

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be fair the 3rd strip and (IF) Ginnelly signs then that’s the only ones that would have been clues. The others have just been keeping us on our toes. If Ginnelly doesn’t get announced today then the social media team are well and truly trolling us i’d say.

August Landmesser

Music on the teaser is Geno by Dexy's midnight Runners btw

Back ot Net first!

Edited by August Landmesser
Back of the Net beat me to it

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***