• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Absolute Scenes

strange if its Gino considering Neilson today said we were still some time away. 

Top trolling Boabster

Gino signing on has basically been expected for months. He’s still on the squad list. Welcome news, to be sure, but after the long wait and the club teasing the signing, it’s a bit underwhelming.

Stendelnator
Just now, Doc Rob said:

Gino signing on has basically been expected for months. He’s still on the squad list. Welcome news, to be sure, but after the long wait and the club teasing the signing, it’s a bit underwhelming.

Whelm alert

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Doc Rob said:

aw come on Doc 😅

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Stendelnator said:

This makes me ITK right?

Take your seat at the top of the ITK table

Well done sir

The others need to work on their game. Mulgrew one was a shocker

jamboinglasgow

I know it has been expected, but still good to have it confirmed as it dragged on there was a worry it could fall apart.

Lets hope he has as much impact as his games last season brought.

Wonder if it may be more than 1 signing today?

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Well done sir

Definitely wasn’t a complete stab in the dark and guess, nope 

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

This makes me ITK right?

You're in the big league now mate 💪

OmiyaHearts

Count me in as one of the whelmed. Happy this is confirmed.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Really pleased at that signing. We know what we're getting. Pace, energy and determination. Three qualities that have been severely lacking. 

BackOfTheNet

Wouldn’t say it’s one that elevates to over status, but I consider myself sufficiently whelmed with this one.

Batistuta87

Nice. 

I've had a look at the old Whelm-ometer. Charged it up last night just in case something happened today:

image.png.efb9436927c658f00b6c4f2814726d8f.png

I don't know what the whelm scale is, but the Whelm-ometer says 5.18 whelms. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Gino signs ( updated ) ***
Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wouldn’t say it’s one that elevates to over status, but I consider myself sufficiently whelmed with this one.

I'd say around 7 whelms for me, out of 10. Not that he isnt worthy of 10 whelms, but considering that we knew he would sign, it does detract a few whelms in the sense that we knew the deal was happening. 

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I know it has been expected, but still good to have it confirmed as it dragged on there was a worry it could fall apart.

Lets hope he has as much impact as his games last season brought.

Wonder if it may be more than 1 signing today?

Did we not delay Gino for the same reason Naismith delayed in that he was due an extra months salary if he didnt sign for another club on expiry of his previous contract? If thats the case, whats changed?

Wonder if we have agreed to pay any money he would be due just to get a signing done??

Onwards and upwards.....hopefully.

Jamboscanbevicius

Excellent to get this confirmed.

Lots more work to do, but Naismith retiring and Gino signing on for 2 years is a good start to reshaping the squad.

Hope we continue this theme of replacing tired, older legs with players like Gino - good age, with lots of pace and drive!

2 hours ago, martoon said:

He's not. He's just a very naughty boy.

🤣🤣

2 hours ago, brux said:

How do you know all this?

How do I know what? That we wont be paying about 80% more a year to a player development manager than we did to Craig Levein. Naismiths wage was roughly 240k as a player and the average of a CEO at a Scottish Club is significantly less. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I don't know exactly what we were paying Levein nor do I know what we are paying Naismith. I would hazard a gues that you don't know either.

A salary shown on HMFC accounts does not mean that was his only income from the club.

I forget that we fake accounts (not a dig at you) as has been mentioned on here before in order to hide wages for Levein and for AB and others who are bleeding the club dry. 

Seymour M Hersh

He gives us things we desperately need. Pace and another goal threat. Just hope to **** he can stay fit. 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nice. 

I've had a look at the old Whelm-ometer. Charged it up last night just in case something happened today:

That’s actually counting whelmajingles. You get 1000 whelms to a whelmajingle.

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I'd say around 7 whelms for me, out of 10. Not that he isnt worthy of 10 whelms, but considering that we knew he would sign, it does detract a few whelms in the sense that we knew the deal was happening. 

:spoton:

Whelms must also be classified by surprise element

Lord Beni of Gorgie

That's the worst kept secret out of the way. 

Would have feared for the lads sanity having purchased property in the area 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

That's the worst kept secret out of the way. 

Would have feared for the lads sanity having purchased property in the area 

What , how do you know this , you are guessing , no one can possibly know anything about anything mate🤬

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Good stuff, he looked great last season, I look forward to seeing him destroy hibs

The Martin Boyle upgrade , faster and doesnt fall over every game….

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Did we not delay Gino for the same reason Naismith delayed in that he was due an extra months salary if he didnt sign for another club on expiry of his previous contract? If thats the case, whats changed?

Wonder if we have agreed to pay any money he would be due just to get a signing done??

Onwards and upwards.....hopefully.

Nobody really knows, that was just guesswork. 

I reckon the club just basically always had the plan to announce this on the 17th June, probably so they could do it in between Scotland Euro fixtures and get the photos of Gino at Tynecastle in the new Inter kit. 

Just now, sadj said:

The Martin Boyle upgrade , faster and doesnt fall over every game….

And not a hobo ****ing wankstain

27 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

strange if its Gino considering Neilson today said we were still some time away. 

Top trolling Boabster

Amazing after a combined what nearing 30months in charge that people haven’t realised RN gives the press **** all of his real thoughts or info.

25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Well done sir

Mulgrew was from Um Bongo wasnt it🤣

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nice. 

5.18 seems low on the potential aspect of the Gino signing. 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Nobody really knows, that was just guesswork. 

I reckon the club just basically always had the plan to announce this on the 17th June, probably so they could do it in between Scotland Euro fixtures and get the photos of Gino at Tynecastle in the new Inter kit. 

Naismith is different ball game tbf. The paycut to come to us would have been night and day from Gino at Preston to us. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve got three notifications from you but 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

And not a hobo ****ing wankstain

That's my brother's mate  :lol:, knew him prior to Hobo 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:
  • Naismith could have sat on the remaining lucrative (by our standards rather than his) contract. He didn't.
  • He did the honourable thing, hung up his boots and freed money in the club's playing budget. Let's take a moment and applaud that.
  • He has now moved to a salaried position with the cub. That's a great thing for him and for Hearts. I'm sure smart young players would see him as an attractive option for developing their careers and as such he will help us to sign better young talent.
  • Moving from a playing contract to a salaried employee means the former has ceased and the latter will be consistent with other salaried employees remuneration and conditions (i.e. it is absurd to assume he's on anything close to what he earned before)

Upshot: brilliant for the club and brilliant for him. Reading anything else into this is pant-wetting of the highest order.

Well said. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***