• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

pettigrewsstylist

young and hungry pse

No more oldies looking fort a last pay day at mid table mediocrity cruising speed

Max 1 yr contracts to anyone made of glass

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Do they keep cutting to these plebs throughout the game? 

Might have been ok if anyone had something worthwhile to say. Leanne actually went up in my estimations 

Rogue Daddy

Hang on…. So, we’ve signed possibly 2 players and no scarf, no announcement, no nuffin? What’s going on this window?

11 hours ago, Barack said:

I'd be pretty confident there are at least ten players down South irrespective of their nationalities, that are cheaper & of the same standard as Campbell. Many people only cast their nets into the wee Scottish goldfish bowl (and no, I'm not inferring yourself). 

Savage can scout the lost tribes of the Amazon for all I care. He lives & dies by what he brings in, along with Neilson. It's a huge window for them. Savage in particular, with the fanfare and pretty much broad agreement in his appointment as a good, forward thinking one.

As I've said, I'm really not bothered if he signs or not. But unless Anderson pays for it, or we punt Irving, Damour, & Roberts off the bill, then Hearts won't be paying the type of development fee Motherwell will ask. They've got all the cards. Hearts aren't the big fish these days, despite what some would like to believe.*

*Cretins on Facebook & Twitter usually.

So when did we last sign someone of significance playing in any of the Scottish Leagues other than Halkett.

Our signings for the last number of years have been mainly form England and hardly mindblowing.

The problem with this is that many of these players think that playing in Scotland is easy but most are soon given a reality check that it is not as easy I they maybe thought.

Hiopefully Savage has enough insight into our game to realise the type of player that will make some sort of impact in our League assuming any new signings are not going to be from Scotland.

Rogue Daddy
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

We signed a player on pre contract in January.  Not sure what the hold up is with it being announced now the SPFL has been completed. 1st June is contract expiry date so maybe then. 

🧐… I remember back in January, Gorgie Boot Boy hinted that Killie signing, Eamon Brophy, wouldn’t be with them at the end of the season… I think the insinuation was that he would be joining us (after a 6 month stint). I notice on Transfermarkt, his contract is up at the end of this month. 

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

🧐… I remember back in January, Gorgie Boot Boy hinted that Killie signing, Eamon Brophy, wouldn’t be with them at the end of the season… I think the insinuation was that he would be joining us (after a 6 month stint). I notice on Transfermarkt, his contract is up at the end of this month. 

He joined St Mirren already 

Rogue Daddy
Just now, Robbo51 said:

He joined St Mirren already 

Ahh👍… just remembered when Daza mentioned January signing!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
33 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Hang on…. So, we’ve signed possibly 2 players and no scarf, no announcement, no nuffin? What’s going on this window?

3 I think.

pre contract boy in Jan

Holiday boy

Ginnelly

31 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The actual window isn't even open yet. Players 'out of contract' are actually still under contract with their clubs, generally until either Tuesday (Scotland) or for another month (England), not to mention the fact that most of them will currently be on whatever form of holiday they can get just now. 

We'll announce them when we/they are ready what matters is that they've signed. 

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

3 I think.

pre contract boy in Jan

Holiday boy

Ginnelly

… but not WOW boy 😩

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

3 I think.

pre contract boy in Jan

Holiday boy

Ginnelly

Maybe although I think that's combining the rumours as no single poster claiming to be ITK has said we have more than 2 confirmed unless I missed something.

3 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

She caused quite a stir back in the day.

Just now, martoon said:

Often the way when you appear naked on a record cover when you’re underage. 

Guess The Crowd
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

I’d forgotten how good she was. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Often the way when you appear naked on a record cover when you’re underage. 

Aye.

I think I was the same age as her at the time. 14/15.

Never seen it to this day.

46 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I hope it’s Keren

Someone I used to work with, had a one night stand with her. I have no other info. 

Famous 1874

Pars mate of mine recently said that he’d be shocked if Turner signed for Hearts, said it would be too big a step up.

41 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Someone I used to work with, had a one night stand with her. I have no other info. 

I don’t even know the guy and I hate him. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I hope it’s Keren

Preferred Sara myself.

My mother used to work at a nightclub (no, not as a bouncer) and Bananarama were on. Said they were 3 of the skankiest women she'd ever seen. 😁🥰

6 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Apols but I dip in and out of this thread...but...

wow signing for me = ginelly

no wow signing = Jimmy dunne

based on

ginelly - game changer

dunne - solid

A player who was here last year and hardly played WOW?

Not for me. I even think he’s a bit of a risky punt.

I know he’s not been injury prone in the past and looked decent (No more than that) when he DID play but not Wow 

Dunne isn’t coming here

9 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Not this player. Still a good signing I'd say. Not sure Dunne is even a target,  even less so a realistic one. Even if he did sign I'd be hesitant to describe it as a WOW signing. Potential to be a WOW if he continues to develop but not a wow signing for the moment. In my eyes.

Kyle Turner 

BackOfTheNet

So what we thinking? Nothing over the bank holiday weekend as football operations don’t work that way for some reason. So 1st June? Maybe confirmation of releases? (Like Irving) Between 2nd-4th are we expecting anything? Maybe the shirt sponsor and strip announcements? So maybe signings not announced until week commencing 7th (if any)?

Batistuta87
7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Tom McIntyre is in Portugal at the moment. 🤔

He'd be a great signing but think we would need to pay a decent amount of compo since he's only 22 and is regarded as a decent prospect. Also in talks with Reading about a new deal so we'd need to beat whatever they're offering (and could we??) 

Italian Lambretta

Im heading up to Gorgie later for a few beers If I see any unusual activity; agents and players going into Tynecastle, be rest assured none of you lot on KB will hear about it.

lost in space
10 hours ago, Pagey said:

I THINK THIS IS QUITE DISGUSTING -

that you have no other info.

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He'd be a great signing but think we would need to pay a decent amount of compo since he's only 22 and is regarded as a decent prospect. Also in talks with Reading about a new deal so we'd need to beat whatever they're offering (and could we??) 

Tam McIntyre would be the perfect signing. Fits the LCB criteria.

He's as good as, if not  better than Soapy, that's why I can't see it happening. I'm sure he'll have plenty suitors. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Tam McIntyre would be the perfect signing. Fits the LCB criteria.

He's as good as, if not  better than Soapy, that's why I can't see it happening. I'm sure he'll have plenty suitors. 

Soapy suitors?

Sorry folks..

16 hours ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Billy Sharp....

Isn't his wifes family all jambos?

I'd take him tbh. Provided it was a 1 year kind of deal. Would be really good for Hendersons development having someone else who has played in top flight in England. 

Reckon he'll be very settled in Sheffield though so doubtful although IMO would be a wow signing. Also contracted to 2022...

Edited by OTT

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, OTT said:

Isn't his wifes family all jambos?

I'd take him tbh. Provided it was a 1 year kind of deal. Would be really good for Hendersons development having someone else who has played in top flight in England. 

Reckon he'll be very settled in Sheffield though so doubtful although IMO would be a wow signing. Also contracted to 2022...

I thought everyone wanted rid of Naismith because he's too old!? He's even older!! 

23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I thought everyone wanted rid of Naismith because he's too old!? He's even older!! 

I think we're using Naisy wrong tbh. He's not got the legs to play in midfield anymore. His experience would be far more useful in the box. Hopefully that is the plan next year. Play him as an out and out striker.

Batistuta87
38 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think we're using Naisy wrong tbh. He's not got the legs to play in midfield anymore. His experience would be far more useful in the box. Hopefully that is the plan next year. Play him as an out and out striker.

Totally agree mate. We'll miss him when he does decide to hang his boots up. 

17 hours ago, Barack said:

I assume we've gotten over the "Only Hearts" stuff now?

We're all happy to give Motherwell, or Dundee United...any other Scottish team that voted us out, cash, in order for a speculative punt on their players?

Bygones, etc? Or just reality. 

It's not about that. We have to look at what we can get and if we need to pay for one of an opponents better players, it benefits Hearts and weakens them. Win-win. 

Right now i'd be going all out to sign Jamie McGrath from St Mirren. Seventeen goals from midfield, we'd be crazy not to try and sort out some deal. They were reportedly looking at £300k and if that's true then offer them £200k plus Popescu. Even throw in a future 15-20% sell-on fee. That way they get two lumps of cash overall. St Mirren asked for Popescu on loan so they must like what he offers them. Gets him away from Hearts as well. Again, win-win.

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It's not about that. We have to look at what we can get and if we need to pay for one of an opponents better players, it benefits Hearts and weakens them. Win-win. 

Right now i'd be going all out to sign Jamie McGrath from St Mirren. Seventeen goals from midfield, we'd be crazy not to try and sort out some deal. They were reportedly looking at £300k and if that's true then offer them £200k plus Popescu. Even throw in a future 15-20% sell-on fee. That way they get two lumps of cash overall. St Mirren asked for Popescu on loan so they must like what he offers them. Gets him away from Hearts as well. Again, win-win.

Agree about McGrath. Might even be worth offering to waive any development fee for Cochrane if they were to sign him too. Chuck them a few different offers for cash + player. 17 goals from midfield is an incredible return. 

Just now, OTT said:

Agree about McGrath. Might even be worth offering to waive any development fee for Cochrane if they were to sign him too. Chuck them a few different offers for cash + player. 17 goals from midfield is an incredible return. 

We're talking Hartley/Skacel goals here. To be honest i would quite happily go into next season with McGrath and Dunne as two quality signings. Anyone else on top of that is a bonus. Both these players could get us some big transfer fees a couple of years down the line. It's all about speculate to accumulate for me and it would possibly encourage a lot more folk to re-new or buy a season ticket. Sales could stay a lot lower if they don't. Fans need an incentive and what more incentive do you need if you're signing quality defender who appeared to love it at Hearts and a high scoring midfielder. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We're talking Hartley/Skacel goals here. To be honest i would quite happily go into next season with McGrath and Dunne as two quality signings. Anyone else on top of that is a bonus. Both these players could get us some big transfer fees a couple of years down the line. It's all about speculate to accumulate for me and it would possibly encourage a lot more folk to re-new or buy a season ticket. Sales could stay a lot lower if they don't. Fans need an incentive and what more incentive do you need if you're signing quality defender who appeared to love it at Hearts and a high scoring midfielder. 

Pretty sure more than half of his goals were pens

merseyjambo

Matt Pennington, centre half has just been released by Everton. 

Has some first team experience with the and also loan spells elsewhere.

Mid 20s so right sort of age

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Signed for Shrewsbury on a permanent deal two days ago

Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Signed for Shrewsbury on a permanent deal two days ago

Was rotten at Leeds, about level of Connor O'Shaughnessy 

heartmussel
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Was rotten at Leeds, about level of Connor O'Shaughnessy 

Just noticed Luke Leahy has also signed for Shrewsbury,a name mentioned a few times on here

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***