***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

17 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Pars mate of mine recently said that he’d be shocked if Turner signed for Hearts, said it would be too big a step up.

Correct. He has potential but he's nowhere near top 4 SPL level which is what I'd expect Hearts to be signing. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Correct. He has potential but he's nowhere near top 4 SPL level which is what I'd expect Hearts to be signing. 

Don't think anyone is saying he is. People need to remember that we need more than just first team payers at the moment and needs some future first teamers too. 

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't think anyone is saying he is. People need to remember that we need more than just first team payers at the moment and needs some future first teamers too. 

I think people should go back in this thread when they were complaining that Hibs and others are signing young Scottish talent from championship and it's the sort of thing we should be doing.....

26 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye, that's all fine and well so long as we are signing quality first and foremost. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, that's all fine and well so long as we are signing quality first and foremost. 

As I said before it’s potential with room to develop or it’s quality at the tail end of career. It isn’t quality in the prime of their career. Well outside our wage bracket and every other Scottish teams wage bracket outside of Glasgow 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

As I said before it’s potential with room to develop or it’s quality at the tail end of career. It isn’t quality in the prime of their career. Well outside our wage bracket and every other Scottish teams wage bracket outside of Glasgow 

You mean first team quality in their prime like Smith, Kingsley, Boyce, GMS etc? 🤔 

Batistuta87
43 minutes ago, bazman said:

I think people should go back in this thread when they were complaining that Hibs and others are signing young Scottish talent from championship and it's the sort of thing we should be doing.....

Imagine they signed Turner! Place would burn doon! He was leaps and bounds ahead of the laddie they've signed from Inverness and loads on here were pishing their frillies at us not signing him 🤯

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Absolutely, but Turner is a must for the future IMO. Not even that far in the future either - probably a season or two playing against some tougher opponents and I reckon he'll be there. He's got something. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Absolutely, but Turner is a must for the future IMO. Not even that far in the future either - probably a season or two playing against some tougher opponents and I reckon he'll be there. He's got something. 

Perhaps but at the moment we have Irving, Haring and McEneff. The question is - Is Turner better than them? He isn't. He's not an improvement. 

We also have McGill and C. Smith who are potentially a first XI player in two years. They could be better than Turner. 

The first priority is surely signing players that are better than what we have already. 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

People forget that he is 23, 24 this year. Not even that young. 
Wouldn’t improve the first eleven and I’d hazard a guess that Scott McGill could be better, and is 5 years younger than him. 

7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

People forget that he is 23, 24 this year. Not even that young. 
Wouldn’t improve the first eleven and I’d hazard a guess that Scott McGill could be better, and is 5 years younger than him. 

Yep. Christ he only started 54% of games at Dunfermline this season before being punted to Airdrie and folk think that type of player is going to get us into the top 4. ****ing hell man. 

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Perhaps but at the moment we have Irving, Haring and McEneff. The question is - Is Turner better than them? He isn't. He's not an improvement. 

We also have McGill and C. Smith who are potentially a first XI player in two years. They could be better than Turner. 

The first priority is surely signing players that are better than what we have already. 

Irving is away. We're kidding ourselves if we think he's staying. Turner is better than McGill and C.Smith. And he certainly played better than Irving did this season until Dunfermline dropped him for not signing a new contract. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. Christ he only started 54% of games at Dunfermline this season before being punted to Airdrie and folk think that type of player is going to get us into the top 4. ****ing hell man. 

Absolutely sick of explaining myself with this one. He's not an immediate first 11 player but is one for the future. He was dropped and punted to Airdrie because of a fall out, not because he was pish. He doesn't immediately improve our first team but does improve the overall strength of it and gives us another McEneff type player. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Famous 1874
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Would rather Regan Hendry if we are taking punts on championship central midfielders. 
Sincerely hope that we will not be signing Turner, need first eleven quality. 

Absolutely sick of explaining myself with this one. He's not an immediate first 11 player but is one for the future. He was dropped and punted to Airdrie because of a fall out, not because he was pish. 

The only player at that level we should be looking at is Robert. 

Irving is away. We're kidding ourselves if we think he's staying. Turner is better than McGill and C.Smith. And he certainly played better than Irving did this season until Dunfermline dropped him for not signing a new contract. 

:laugh2: Don't talk mince. Turner is nowhere near Irvings level nevermind Hearts. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

The only player at that level we should be looking at is Robert. 

He’s a complete myth of a player. The longer he spends at Airdrie the better he seems to get, yet nobody signs him.

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Absolutely sick of explaining myself with this one. He's not an immediate first 11 player but is one for the future. He was dropped and punted to Airdrie because of a fall out, not because he was pish. He doesn't immediately improve our first team but does improve the overall strength of it and gives us another McEneff type player. 

One for the future, he's about 24 ffs? Maybe he can partner Aaron Pishbola  in CM when we're back in the Championship after signing these sort of players. 

31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Of course you are right. We must bare in mind how long they’re going to be an upgrade for and how much it costs for short termism, which the club have been guilty of. It’s not players like Haring McEneff, McGill or Smith that have been the issue. It’s not signings like (potentialy) Turner either, it’s the amount of cash we’ve spunked on ageing players who wouldn’t have even considered us 3 years earlier in their careers. We have to be braver and realise risk averse signings are only a crowd pleasing, expensive and quick fix to long standing issues. 

Edited by GinRummy

Leveins Battalion

Worth noting our Joe Savage spotted both James Maddison and Ben Godfrey.....both now England internationals.

Clerry Jambo
21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We are apparently in for Kabongo Tshimanga.🤷‍♂️

Nixt Jamie vardy apparently 

BackOfTheNet
22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Was at MK Dons when Neilson was there. And Neilson papped him out on loan.

Anyway, as always the obligatory...

22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Borehamwood eh? Fantastically random. Would sign him just to hear Willie Miller and Billy Dodds try to pronounce his name

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’s a complete myth of a player. The longer he spends at Airdrie the better he seems to get, yet nobody signs him.

He’s only been there a year? 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Borehamwood eh? Fantastically random. Would sign him just to hear Willie Miller and Billy Dodds try to pronounce his name

"And it's Kabango Chimichanga with the header..." 

Just now, Barack said:

Seems to be en vogue recently. Signing African "prospects."

Rangers going down that route. 

He’s been capped by England. Admittedly at C level. 

Just now, Barack said:

"His name is Kabongo...he plays for the Congo..."

About as far as I'm willing to take that. Factual or not.

His full name works well for the Vladimir Romanov song (Donna è Mobile) and that’s good enough for me. Get him signed. 

jamboinglasgow
39 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Could be someone Savage has had an eye on for a while as saw a report from last summer that Preston were interested in him (as well as Huddersfield.)

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Could be someone Savage has had an eye on for a while as saw a report from last summer that Preston were interested in him (as well as Huddersfield.)

As I mentioned before, will be curious what Neilson thinks of him if true, as he was at MK Dons when Neilson was there but was sent out on loan.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As I mentioned before, will be curious what Neilson thinks of him if true, as he was at MK Dons when Neilson was there but was sent out on loan.

Must’ve only been about 21? then. Things change.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He was not even 20 when he left MK Dons (he turned 20 in the summer) and Robbie came to club when he had six months left of his time there. So I imagine Robbie probably went on the word of others, as a month later Kabongo went on loan to Yeovil. Sounds like a player who had to go down the leagues to get established and build his way up.

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He might’ve liked him but thought he was too young. Not sure how much of him he would’ve actually seen with him being away on loan so much though.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He was not even 20 when he left MK Dons (he turned 20 in the summer) and Robbie came to club when he had six months left of his time there. So I imagine Robbie probably went on the word of others, as a month later Kabongo went on loan to Yeovil. Sounds like a player who had to go down the leagues to get established and build his way up.

👍 thanks

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

He might’ve liked him but thought he was too young. Not sure how much of him he would’ve actually seen with him being away on loan so much though.

Yep. Despite RN being familiar with him it could well be Savage who wants him. That Is if there is any interest at all.

We need players that are going to hit the ground running. 1x Right Back, 1 x right sided Centre Back, 2 x Left Centre Backs, 2 x Left Backs, Midfielders and Pacey Strikers that can rip Rangers and Celtics defences apart at Ibrox and Parkhead. 

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We need players that are going to hit the ground running. 1x Right Back, 1 x right sided Centre Back, 2 x Left Centre Backs, 2 x Left Backs, Midfielders and Pacey Strikers that can rip Rangers and Celtics defences apart at Ibrox and Parkhead. 

Maybe In a few years.....maybe.

Mr Brightside
10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

That’s far too many players in the wrong positions. Left centre back is a must plus a real quality midfielder with energy.

Right back is a maybe depending on whether Cammy Logan can step in.

Left back is suitably covered by Kingsley and Halliday, possibly Leo Watson too.

Bringing in 3 centre backs is at least 1 too many depending on whether Halkett stays or not.

BackOfTheNet

Boreham Wood played their last game of the season only yesterday (heavily beaten 4-1 it seems), so IF Tshimanga is to be a player signing would make sense it hadn’t been announced until before now.

Still no idea where the name came from mind you. Last player we got from that level I think was Stockton, but Tshimanga’s scoring rate is far superior and seems more consistent over last two seasons. Only 23. Certainly comes in the ‘worth a punt’ category I would imagine. And with Boyce and Gnanduillet already here, I’m happy for him to come in and add some strength in depth. IF there’s any truth to it.

johnking123

We need 1xCB 1xRWB 1xCM 1xAM 1xST. 10 to leave and 5-6 to come in.

Edited by johnking123

johnking123

Jordan Gibson is a player we fancy greatly. Ex Rangers youth that plays in Ireland  and is doing well. Could have to wait till the winter for him though. Other clubs are watching with interest. 

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Jordan Gibson is a player we fancy greatly. Ex Rangers youth that plays in Ireland  and is doing well. Could have to wait till the winter for him though. Other clubs are watching with interest. 

BackOfTheNet

This is why we love a transfer thread, legitimate targets being discussed (at least they seem so, rather than names being plucked out of thin air) and obligatory YouTube videos...

AllyjamboDerbyshire
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

In the fullness of time I may be proved woefully wrong, but we often comment on these videos that the defending was poor and 'he' had plenty of time take his shot. In this short example, though, the defending isn't bad, at all (4 between him and the goal) but his feet are very quick giving them no time to get a block in. It might be nothing to get excited about but those quick feet, and his balance, should work at any level. Unfortunately, this might be his one and only, or one of very few, such moments in his career and those quick feet might be all he has going for his game. I mean, he might not be able to beat two defenders then pass the ball back to the half-way line 9 times out of 10.

PS Just realised he looked a bit like GMS, as in I could well imagine him scoring a goal like that, so do we need another one?

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Boreham Wood played their last game of the season only yesterday (heavily beaten 4-1 it seems), so IF Tshimanga is to be a player signing would make sense it hadn’t been announced until before now.

Still no idea where the name came from mind you. Last player we got from that level I think was Stockton, but Tshimanga’s scoring rate is far superior and seems more consistent over last two seasons. Only 23. Certainly comes in the ‘worth a punt’ category I would imagine. And with Boyce and Gnanduillet already here, I’m happy for him to come in and add some strength in depth. IF there’s any truth to it.

He certainly sounds like less of a “project” than others we have taken a punt on. 

BackOfTheNet
36 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

In the fullness of time I may be proved woefully wrong, but we often comment on these videos that the defending was poor and 'he' had plenty of time take his shot. In this short example, though, the defending isn't bad, at all (4 between him and the goal) but his feet are very quick giving them no time to get a block in. It might be nothing to get excited about but those quick feet, and his balance, should work at any level. Unfortunately, this might be his one and only, or one of very few, such moments in his career and those quick feet might be all he has going for his game. I mean, he might not be able to beat two defenders then pass the ball back to the half-way line 9 times out of 10.

PS Just realised he looked a bit like GMS, as in I could well imagine him scoring a goal like that, so do we need another one?

I’m guessing 2 for each position is the desire. And if we’re getting Ginnelly they may be wondering if his injury may flare up. So Gibson, Ginnelly and GMS. Maybe another unless they think Henderson will make it.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***