• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nicky Devlin 

Hope there is substance to this, thought we should of signed him a few years ago when he was at Ayr but he went down south

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Liam Lindsay? Left sided centre back, out of contract at Stoke in the summer. 

Take him 100%.

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Was on loan at Preston. Someone who Savage is no doubt aware off but according to some on jkb would be outwith our reach. 

Snodgrass isn’t wow at all. Anyone Scottish and over 30 isn’t wow. 

I mean unless Denis Law or Dalgleish signed but that’s wow for a different reason 

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Looks set for preston unfortunately

Famous 1874
Just now, jamle1874 said:

Looks set for preston unfortunately

Read an article that they are looking at more than one left sided centre back so not guaranteed to be Lindsay

21 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’m pretty sure Vaughn has done his cruciate twice which is why he’s found himself where he is. Very unlucky in that regard. 

Vaughan has had 3 bad injuries but Raith stuck by him with a contract for a season he didn't play. I expect he'll want to repay Raith for that. There is also the risk he gets injured again....

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Have the 32 and overs proved vfm?

I'd argue not, not expecting a 23 to 28 year old of note though. Quite sceptical about landing a wow, cards are stacked against 

Like you I’d rather we sign younger players with potential. But it’s one or the other !! It’s potential or experience.

if we are buying players in the prime of their careers then it’s becuase they aren’t talented enough. 

if we find any exceptions to that we have done very well

Bob Loblaw
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Jason Naismith? Would fit the role of right wing back nicely if we keep the 3 at the back. 26 years old and well experienced in Scotland. 

I guess it's not a priority area for us to look at with Smith and Logan looking to get a chance, but if we were in the market for a RB I'd definitely take Naismith. Very good player IMO.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I guess it's not a priority area for us to look at with Smith and Logan looking to get a chance, but if we were in the market for a RB I'd definitely take Naismith. Very good player IMO.

Naismith is pish,are we on about Hibs Jason Nasimith?😂😂😂

Leveins Battalion
34 minutes ago, Barack said:

Tourettes?

😂😂😂 

We'll prob sign Steve Lawson.

Byyy The Light
21 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Vaughan has had 3 bad injuries but Raith stuck by him with a contract for a season he didn't play. I expect he'll want to repay Raith for that. There is also the risk he gets injured again....

Very true.  I rate the guy, good footballer 

Bob Loblaw
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Naismith is pish,are we on about Hibs Jason Nasimith?😂😂😂

He was at Hibs briefly. He is not pish in the slightest. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Like you I’d rather we sign younger players with potential. But it’s one or the other !! It’s potential or experience.

if we are buying players in the prime of their careers then it’s becuase they aren’t talented enough. 

if we find any exceptions to that we have done very well

Bang on. We havent been as good as St Johnstone or Motherwell in that regard for sourcing young players. Perhaps of course something they do need to concentrate on. McCann v Burns, admittedly this next one is unfair I think, but Cochrane/Irving Turnbull/Campbell. 

Actually hard nigh impossible to buy a 21 year old now, you have to go earlier

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

😂😂😂 

We'll prob sign Steve Lawson.

He actually had a very good game at Tynecastle, think it was the same night the bum fingerer scored :seething:

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Listened to the latest Scarves podcast this morning and they had McEneff on the show. He was at Tottenham with Harry Kane when he was coming through... who now wants to leave. Just sayin. Would be a 'wow'. 😃

...😌 maybe not.

McEneffs bro plays in North London too at Arsenal

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Rods said:

Shankland for me is a Dennis Wyness like signing.

I also fear that Robieola will have him out wide.

😴

image.thumb.png.b1713bcbf159f72c398f2798b01e144a.png

3 minutes ago, andrew said:

Devlin has another 12 months left at Livi.

Just seen the daily mail article, saying the club triggered his extension 

Edited by jamle1874

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Worrying thing is I can see it. We love an over the hill expensive old guy that's got good experience but cant run the length of themselves anymore.

Are you suggesting nothing has changed with the Savage appointment?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pretty sure we could negotiate with Livi even if there were 12 months left, he fills the middle group, neither Star or Squaddie, solid pro.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Rods said:

Shankland for me is a Dennis Wyness like signing.

I also fear that Robieola will have him out wide.

Robieola 😂😆👍🏽👏🏾

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Devlin follows Gino and Campbell follows Soapy on Twitter, done deals eh :lol:

Been a bit of a drag of a day!

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He actually had a very good game at Tynecastle, think it was the same night the bum fingerer scored :seething:

Only the SFA could hire someone who sexually assisted someone live on tv and a criminal conviction for harassing a women to be an Equalities ambassador. 

edit;- the UK govt would. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only the SFA could hire someone who sexually assisted someone live on tv and a criminal conviction for harassing a women to be an Equalities ambassador. 

edit;- the UK govt would. 

Scottish one might too in all fairness not a big govt fan in general  :)

Edited by Sir Gio

20 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Going by the article though they invoked another ear but is yet to be finalised 

Ewww!!! 3 ears? 👂👂👂

Sorry, very bored 😴😴

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm surprised it's you who jumped on a levein joke.   

He never started covid but he did **** our club up.  

We'll leave it at that...

Was that what anyone could call a joke?

Whether he**** our club up or not it just gets a bit boring that he still lives rent free in the skulls of certain posters.  It's supposed to be a Summer 2021 (ie the present/future)transfer thread FFS not discussing Hearts past history.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, theshed said:

I’m in no way ITK but was working in Dundee yesterday and working beside a guy who’s connected at Dundee untied. 

Anyway he was saying that we have put a bid in for shankland as he wants away from United. 

Says the powers that be at United are trying like crazy to put some reserve team coach in as new manager but some people aren't happy so all arguing amongst themselves at the moment

Says most fans aren’t that bothered about Mellon leaving and I won’t even go into what he thinks of Neilson 

Anyway he’s adamant we are after shankland and said he be gutted if he left as he’s the only decent player they have 

Not saying this will happen but I believe what he’s been told to be true 

If we sign Shankland I'll immediately and unashamedly do a 180 flip on my opinion of him and tout him as our first 20 a season striker since Robbo.

Until then he's pish and I'd rather we didn't.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

The "wow" was apparently playing at the top level in UK

Are you implying that doesn't include Dundee Utd?? :shockio:

Auldbenches
38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Was that what anyone could call a joke?

Whether he**** our club up or not it just gets a bit boring that he still lives rent free in the skulls of certain posters.  It's supposed to be a Summer 2021 (ie the present/future)transfer thread FFS not discussing Hearts past history.

Boring for you but some fans are still raging at the mess he left and want to Express it.  Who are you to tell everyone else what they can post?  It only seems to levein posts you get bored with.  

Just ignore them if they bore you rather than become as defensive as him. 

The post would've been ignored if you hasn't done your usual.  

Stop telling people what they can post about.  

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Tourettes?

F£ck off!

...sorry, couldn't help myself

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Lord Beni of Gorgie
47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Are you implying that doesn't include Dundee Utd?? :shockio:

I think you have deduced correctly, sorry to any United fans looking in, actually I'm not you welts :lol:

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Heard they're close to appointing Tam Coutts (???) - head of youth development or something at the moment. Strange one like. 

Would take Shankland though, if the price is right. Clearly has an eye for goal and I think if he could get some decent service and get the ball at his feet in the box, he'll score goals. 

Forest returning as Coutts assistant as well is the rumour. 

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Forest returning as Coutts assistant as well is the rumour. 

It's Tam Courts. He was Kelty manager when they were promoted into the Lowland League and is apparently a highly rated coach.

Whether he can handle the step up to Tier 1 we will see next season.  A cheap option for a club who don't seem to have done much to reduce the 130% wages to turnover they showed in the last filed accounts. Maybe that's an indicator........

On 27/05/2021 at 15:56, Jamboj1 said:

End of next week which means most likely next Friday as we don’t usually do much on weekends for whatever reason. Might get season tickets news tomorrow but don’t hold me to that 👍🏻

Season ticket news done 👍🏻 

51 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Boring for you but some fans are still raging at the mess he left and want to Express it.  Who are you to tell everyone else what they can post?  It only seems to levein posts you get bored with.  

Just ignore them if they bore you rather than become as defensive as him. 

The post would've been ignored if you hasn't done your usual.  

Stop telling people what they can post about.  

They have had many other threads on which to air their thoughts on Levein.

Why do you/they wish to spoil EVERY thread with the same old shite - over and over again.

And who are you to tell me what I can tell people what to post about - a Hibby  mibbie?

12 minutes ago, JTJ said:

It's Tam Courts. He was Kelty manager when they were promoted into the Lowland League and is apparently a highly rated coach.

Whether he can handle the step up to Tier 1 we will see next season.  A cheap option for a club who don't seem to have done much to reduce the 130% wages to turnover they showed in the last filed accounts. Maybe that's an indicator........

Sorry, I’m blaming predictive text. I know exactly who it is. He was very successful as Kelly’s player/manager then manager 

Auldbenches
Just now, JamboAl said:

They have had many other threads on which to air their thoughts on Levein.

Why do you/they wish to spoil EVERY thread with the same old shite - over and over again.

And who are you to tell me what I can tell people what to post about - a Hibby  mibbie?

Your the one that pounced on an anti levein comment and that's what kept it going.

He was terrible for us and just accept that some posters will always ridicule him.

Ignore the levein posts and they go away. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Your the one that pounced on an anti levein comment and that's what kept it going.

He was terrible for us and just accept that some posters will always ridicule him.

Tbf, Many saw CL play and seen his first spell as manager with us and although it ended badly ( which manager from Doddie to JJ through to Stendel hasn't?) just wish folk would shut the **** up and stop slagging a guy who left the season before last and gave us around 20 years of his life which despite certain narratives had good and bad spells.

You shouldn't come on a Hearts forum and ridicule CL or any Hearts player tbh, if you want to do that and ridicule him you should **** of to party planners, you'll have a ball while mashing your keyboard and calling him and any other Hearts players daft we names and saying how shit they are/ were.

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Your the one that pounced on an anti levein comment and that's what kept it going.

Do you mean you're?

You seem to be the one who's getting rattled and showing the weak mentality that stops you from moving on.

I don't mind Levein posts as everyone is entitled to their views but do we need them on every thread?

To get back on topic, have you anything relevant to say on transfers?

BackOfTheNet
21 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Season ticket news done 👍🏻 

Indeed. Wonder what next week will hold. With contracts expiring up here. Probably still only have news about the strip or sponsor though I’d imagine.

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, Many saw CL play and seen his first spell as manager with us and although it ended badly ( which manager from Doddie to JJ through to Stendel hasn't?) just wish folk would shut the **** up and stop slagging a guy who left the season before last and gave us around 20 years of his life which despite certain narratives had good and bad spells.

You shouldn't come on a Hearts forum and ridicule CL or any Hearts player tbh, if you want to do that and ridicule him you should **** of to party planners, you'll have a ball while mashing your keyboard and calling him and any other Hearts players daft we names and saying how shit they are/ were.

I was there for most of the games on his first spell in charge.  His record of not losing at home to non old firm teams for two years is very good.  We in the mess we are in because of him and he deserves the flack.  You can't give him credit for 14 years ago but not give him it for terrible management the last time.

I see it's the two usual suspects that are on the defensive.  I never made the original comment and it would've went unnoticed if simeone on here hadn't taken it personally...

Auldbenches
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you mean you're?

You seem to be the one who's getting rattled and showing the weak mentality that stops you from moving on.

I don't mind Levein posts as everyone is entitled to their views but do we need them on every thread?

I did mean you're, but we all make mistakes, including the club for giving him a free range.

Let it go...

Auldbenches
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you mean you're?

I never made the original comment, I just thought it was funny how it was you that jumped straight in there.  

I was commenting more on you than I was levein. 

You have to admit we were pish because if him. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***