***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Neilson loves shankland, however United will be demanding a a hefty fee especially to a club in Scotland which is unlikely we will be matching. All would depend on if the player decided to force it 

Yup, Dundee United signed Shankland expecting that he would earn them a big pay day so I cant see them selling him cheaply.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Shankland is a boyhood Jambo I'm sure. There were rumours he was after him last season as well tbf, how long is left on his contract? If it's only a year I can see it happening

He has a year left. Scored 8 last season, not the worst, but players like Cole, Callachan, Burke and McGrath scored more. 3 assists so contributed to 11 goals in total over 32 games. So 1 in 4 actually scoring and 1 in 3 contributed goals if including assists. Said before would take him, not as first choice and not breaking the bank.

Unless he puts a transfer request in no chance. 

mcgrath at st mirren and Campbell should be priority plus a central left sided defender

Leveins Battalion

No chance Utd are getting top dollar for Shankland,from anybody.

Buy the Dip.😁

Rogue Daddy
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think we should bud for shankland. He will score goals with the right service. And it would really really piss off utd fans which is always great

The fans can do a walk to pay for a new striker! 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No chance Utd are getting top dollar for Shankland,from anybody.

Buy the Dip.😁

Well worded. They can cash in now or potentially lose him for nothing at the end of his contract. I’d think Dundee United, possibly more than any other top flight club, need to tighten their belt. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think we should bud for shankland. He will score goals with the right service. And it would really really piss off utd fans which is always great

The strikers we have will score goals with the right service too, that’s the important bit that Neilson will

need to fix. 

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, Dundee United signed Shankland expecting that he would earn them a big pay day so I cant see them selling him cheaply.

Hard to see them getting that big pay day with only a year left on his deal and 8 goals last season, unless he has a shit-hot start to the season and goes at the end of August.

Rumoured to be on a relatively huge wage as well, so perhaps they wouldn't mind getting that off their books with a bit of cash.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The strikers we have will score goals with the right service too, that’s the important bit that Neilson will

need to fix. 

I agree, but we need one more imo. Naismith I don’t think will feature much if at all 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Hey, we owned our own bank doncha remember!

:wow:

How could I forget 

Shankland has a clause in his contract about being able to move on. This was always the intention of DU signing him. His value has reduced due to poor form but with United in real financial worries we may get a good deal. Although the boy Ashgar is unlikely to want to help Robbie out. 

Just because we want a striker doesn't mean Boyce is leaving. If anything it will be a positive for Boyce.

sandylejambo
37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And roads?

I got that, maybe because my family are from Dundee, others may be too young or too Edinburgh.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
53 minutes ago, ericb said:

We could field a cracking team with only TWO new players. Campbell and Dunne, OK three if you include gino, but he was here last year

Gordon 

Smith

Dunne

Souttar

Kingsley 

Haring 

Campbell 

Mceneff 

Gino 

GMS

Boyce 

That would still leave a solid bench of gnando, stewart, brandon, Halkett, Henderson, halliday, Naismith and walker supplemented by a few youths 

Surely that's doable if you lose the wages of Damour, Lee, Wighton, Cochrane, white, Robert's, Frear, Kastaneer, Berra, popescu, Zlamal, Doyle 

Quite remarkable, said something similar early in the thread without realising how many should be moving on. 

3 quality and 3 cover I would aim for, 2 in each area, defence, midfield and attack 

43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And roads?

Where we're going,  we don't need roads.

We are going back, to the future.

Loan offer in for someone. 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Halliday was quite possibly our best player towards the end of the season.  He’s also very be of the few who works his ass off. 

Yip. Halliday was excellent, especially at LWB. 

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Cpatz 😍

3 hours ago, jambo_74 said:

Arithmetic is wee bit out there mate, you have a squad of 27 based on those numbers. No you don't, just noticed you put 12 instead of 10.

What happened I had 2 more Midlielders originally and I never changed the total.   😔

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

CP.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Return of Paterson?

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Yip. Halliday was excellent, especially at LWB. 

Oh no he wasn’t.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Oh no he wasn’t.

Halliday done well at LB,was excellent against Raith and chipped in with an important goal against Dundee.👍

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Roman Bednar. Lovely.

Don't even know if he's even still playing. 

Funny I was watching Bednars goals for us for on YouTube today,what a player.

Big Marvin Andrew’s took the wind out his sails as he was heading to the stratosphere before he got that injury.

I’m sure Burley said he was the best youngster he has ever seen.

21 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

image.jpeg.6e6628cc571e05b64a5628ea097a634b.jpeg

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hadn’t heard of Rudi - clearly had pedigree above our usual standard/price bracket...

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree, but we need one more imo. Naismith I don’t think will feature much if at all 

Yeah but I’m not sure if it’s Shankland to be honest. A wee quick guy to go in behind would compliment the other ones. 

Mr Brightside

Sam Nicholson might be more likely than CPatz if we have put in a loan offer.

Can’t think of anyone else who we would be keen to bring back.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but I’m not sure if it’s Shankland to be honest. A wee quick guy to go in behind would compliment the other ones. 

not many of them kicking about. I think Shanklands movement is excellent. Dundee Utd were massively defensive last season so I remain convinced he’d be a good player in tight games when we are on top . One of our own as well.

that said - I don’t think Dundee Utd would be keen to sell to us 

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Loan offer could be Paterson. He is supposedly homesick, as some people suggested on here. 

Homesick? He’s been away 4 years. Seemed perfectly alright at Cardiff, so not sure why Sheffield would make him homesick only now.

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Loan offer could be Paterson. He is supposedly homesick, as some people suggested on here. 

31 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

CP.

if we are resigning cp then you wonder for what position as never sure if he is best as a right winger, attacking mid or up front

His name is

Can't see CP coming back. He's a pretty steady, tried and tested English Championship player. Someone will pick him up and pay more wages than we can.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He has a year left. Scored 8 last season, not the worst, but players like Cole, Callachan, Burke and McGrath scored more. 3 assists so contributed to 11 goals in total over 32 games. So 1 in 4 actually scoring and 1 in 3 contributed goals if including assists. Said before would take him, not as first choice and not breaking the bank.

He was all the rage the season we went down. I wonder if it's a 'shankland' problem or a team problem he hasn't been finding the net as much. Maybe his level was the championship but he did show a lot of promise.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Homesick? He’s been away 4 years. Seemed perfectly alright at Cardiff, so not sure why Sheffield would make him homesick only now.

Might be more regarding this

Famous 1874
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No clue mate. Pretty sure a number of people have mentioned that he is on his own thread and this one. Maybe not homesick but wants back up the road now 

Paterson and Boyce causing carnage with Shankland waiting in the box to pounce would be an unstoppable force imo

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

No clue mate. Pretty sure a number of people have mentioned that he is on his own thread and this one. Maybe not homesick but wants back up the road now 

Can’t see it. Said before he’ll be at a Reading, or Blackburn or a Bristol City or something. Will be a journeyman in the Championship until his 30’s and then come back up the road. Maybe to us, maybe to someone else. It’s the way of most half decent Scottish player who looks like they’ve outgrown the Scottish Premiership. High hopes eventually descend into Championship mediocrity. 

13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That would be too good 😍

Don’t even care where we play him would just love to have him in the team again. Those headers at Easter Road 🙌

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Don’t even care where we play him would just love to have him in the team again. Those headers at Easter Road 🙌

unstoppable in this league. If I could only sign one player this season it would be dr funk

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So that’s  8 x defenders plus 3 Goalkeepers = 11.

4 x Wing Backs, 6 xMidfielders =12. 

4 x Strikers = 4

that gives you a squad of 25 First Team players and that 25 need to be good enough to shine in the Premiership.

Now if a youngster can break into the team and perform all the better.

To get this spot on  I’d recon having 25 players of a squad who you can count on to cover form, injuries, suspensions etc.

3 x Keepers : Gordon, Stewart, Stone

2 x Right Backs : Smith, Brandon

2 x Left Backs : A.N Other, A.N.Other

2 x Right Centre Backs : Souttar, A.N.Other

2 x Left Centre Backs : A.N.Other, A.N.Other

2 x Right Wing Backs :      ?       ,       ?.

2 x Left Wing Backs :        ?       ,       ?.

6 x Midfielders : McEneff, Walker,  Haring,    ?      ,      ?        ,       ?.

4 x Strikers : Boyce, Gnanduillet, Ginnelly,        ?.

I’m thinking that Stone should maybe given the chance to challenge Gordon and get a few games in the League Cup especially with the big man in the Scotland squad. Halkett would not be my first choice and if he wanted a move that could be for the best. Mackay-Steven I recon is in the same bracket as Halkett as well as Henderson. Irving might have to stay at Hearts, who knows, and Naismith might retire or he might not.

Youngsters like McGill need to push as hard as they can to force their way into the squad. The players I haven’t mentioned need to be sold or freed.

TyphoonJambo
20 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Paterson and Boyce causing carnage with Shankland waiting in the box to pounce would be an unstoppable force imo

With Turner and Harring battering them up the middle. 

jamboinglasgow

Thats the only thing about signing Paterson again, I am not sure which position we would use him in. Is he best up front or right back or right wing or in the centre of midfield (like he was used at Cardiff.) He is a good player but would only want him if we had one position in mind rather than signing as a utility player.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats the only thing about signing Paterson again, I am not sure which position we would use him in. Is he best up front or right back or right wing or in the centre of midfield (like he was used at Cardiff.) He is a good player but would only want him if we had one position in mind rather than signing as a utility player.

I always wanted us to use him in centre midfield he’s got the power to get about and do box to box . Would stroll this league don’t think there’s many built like him .

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

He's the perfect partner for Boyce at centre forward but we could also play him RB, RWB, RW and centre mid. Very well built laddie who will get on the end of set pieces and hoofs as well as being good with the ball at his feet. Would be some signing. 

Edited by Batistuta87

39 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Might not be CP himself that is suffering from homesickness. 

38 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

if we are resigning cp then you wonder for what position as never sure if he is best as a right winger, attacking mid or up front

All positions. Utility player for most clubs. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***