Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

100% this!

Don't get the annoyance about us keeping our cards close to our chests. Of course we would all love to know what the club has at their disposal, but if AB came out saying "aye we've got a million to spend on new players" then that £200k fee for player X suddenly becomes a £300k fee when the seller learns we've got money. That then has a knock-on effect on other transfers because that additional £100k its cost us for player X means we can no longer pay player Y a competitive enough wage and we lose out. 

39 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I think it’ll revitalise him a bit to be honest. Much like when Gordon returned to us.

If they get a couple of million for Nisbet and sign Griffiths then that’ll be an outstanding piece of business for them unfortunately.

Getting £2million for Nisbet would be a great turnaround, but taking Griffiths and hoping you can turn him round would be daft now. He’s way overweight, mentally unwell, hardly played for 4 years and rumoured to be failing drug tests internally. He’s done as a player unless he has an epiphany over the summer. I think he’ll go to Dundee.

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If Griffiths mental health issues are sorted it would be a great move for them in the short term. No idea how he is nowadays though. 

Exactly and it could really go either way.  He's a massive talent so I'd lean toward worth the risk, but it's whether Ross is a good enough manager to get him feeling good and fit and focused.  I'd have my doubts there.

Ross happy enough to sell Porteous, Doig and Nisbett, by the way.  Told Ron the Con to grab the cash back in Jan as they're all "very replaceable".  He's not wrong.  If they get big cash for those three, it's amazing business.  Good news is while they're all replaceable, they'll still need to do it and frankly the rest of their team needs work so it's essentially a full team rebuild.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

A fit and mentally tuned in Griffiths would be a great signing for Hibs.  Not so sure they are going to get that.  

Tend to agree, if Celtic couldn't get him right or motivate him to get himself going, heading back there is not going to help. There will be spells where he does well, but consistently before he departed, just cant see it.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Exactly and it could really go either way.  He's a massive talent so I'd lean toward worth the risk, but it's whether Ross is a good enough manager to get him feeling good and fit and focused.  I'd have my doubts there.

Ross happy enough to sell Porteous, Doig and Nisbett, by the way.  Told Ron the Con to grab the cash back in Jan as they're all "very replaceable".  He's not wrong.  If they get big cash for those three, it's amazing business.  Good news is while they're all replaceable, they'll still need to do it and frankly the rest of their team needs work so it's essentially a full team rebuild.

Aye, if those three go it will be interesting to see who they bring in. Particularly if we end up after the same players.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He more than made that money back by signing Niemi at the same time and selling him on to Southampton. We also had three amazing years with him in goal. 

Yeah, Neimi was good. 

In other news, water is wet. 

BackOfTheNet

Right, who’s it gonna be? The first signing? We’ve had more than a few names banded about:

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson
Turner

Hendry

...and that’s just in the last week.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, Neimi was good. 

In other news, water is wet. 

And he made us lots of money when we sold him, £2m.  So who cares about Petric as the fee for him was more than doubly covered when signing then selling AN 👍

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right, who’s it gonna be? The first signing? We’ve had more than a few names banded about:

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson
Turner

Hendry

Heard Snodgrass will be at Celtic next season. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Getting £2million for Nisbet would be a great turnaround, but taking Griffiths and hoping you can turn him round would be daft now. He’s way overweight, mentally unwell, hardly played for 4 years and rumoured to be failing drug tests internally. He’s done as a player unless he has an epiphany over the summer. I think he’ll go to Dundee.

They wouldn't need to turn him round. 

Even A half arsed Griffiths would be worth between 40-60 goals to them over the next 3 seasons. 

A signing that was always going to happen, unfortunately. 

Selling Nisbet and getting Griffiths means at least short term they are no worse off on the park. 

I don't rate Nisbet at all, so I'd say they'll be better for it, Griffiths gambling or not is twice the player imo. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson
Turner

Hendry

All at the same time next week. 

We'll run out of scarfs! 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, if those three go it will be interesting to see who they bring in. Particularly if we end up after the same players.

You'd think they'd go for one of the St J CHs and he'd cost less than they get for Porteous (weirdly!).  Griffiths or Shankland seem obvious and who knows at LB - back to Stevenson!

As I say, they have like 30 CMs, but Gogic plays every week and is truly awful.  McGinn at RB is pretty pish, their CHs aren't much cope and Boyle could also go (and is basically only a diver anyway).  They need way more than to replace their outgoings as far as I can see it.

I'll be very very disappointed if we're not right in the mix for 3rd next season - even second if Celtic really make a tit of it (heard some things about just how bad it is there at the weekend, which was fun to hear!!!)

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson
Turner

Hendry

Probably none of the above 😂

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

And he made us lots of money when we sold him, £2m.  So who cares about Petric as the fee for him was more than doubly covered when signing then selling AN 👍

The point was that every manager makes good and bad signings. 

Did you not care about signings like Osh, Damour, Martin, whelan etc because we sold players for money/ profit . ( Lafferty, Sow, Mulreny, Hickey). 

I did, it doesn't excuse signing shite as well. 

No need to be so precious, all managers sign shite and good players. 

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'll be very very disappointed if we're not right in the mix for 3rd next season - even second if Celtic really make a tit of it (heard some things about just how bad it is there at the weekend, which was fun to hear!!!)

Please spill the beans... I love a good 'shellick in turmoil' tale on a Monday morning! 👍

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson
Turner

Hendry

Ginnelly is the obvious one but his contract runs to end June so may have to wait a while. I think there's legs in the Kyle Turner rumour so I'll plump for him.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

They wouldn't need to turn him round. 

Even A half arsed Griffiths would be worth between 40-60 goals to them over the next 3 seasons. 

A signing that was always going to happen, unfortunately. 

Selling Nisbet and getting Griffiths means at least short term they are no worse off on the park. 

I don't rate Nisbet at all, so I'd say they'll be better for it, Griffiths gambling or not is twice the player imo. 

Wouldn’t need to turn him around ? Of course they would. Hardly played for 4 years or more, therefore hardly scored. A stone overweight. Long term Mental health issues he can’t shake off. If Hibs have a manager who can turn Griffiths around and get 20 goals a season out of him for 3 straight years, then I want THAT manager at Hearts.

Nisbet isn’t a world beater but I’d take him over the present day Griffiths all day long.

7 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Celtic don’t even have a manager yet and so hard to say who’ll be there and who won’t next season.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Please spill the beans... I love a good 'shellick in turmoil' tale on a Monday morning! 👍

Well it’s quite obvious they are toiling to attract a manager at the moment for a start 

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I don’t expect he’ll be at Hearts, but it was suggested he could be one of the “WOW” signings - which I personally wouldn’t see as wow.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All at the same time next week. 

We'll run out of scarfs! 

They’ll line them up socially distanced along the entirety of the main stand!

16 minutes ago, pointon said:

Probably none of the above 😂

Every chance you could be right there...

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Ginnelly is the obvious one but his contract runs to end June so may have to wait a while. I think there's legs in the Kyle Turner rumour so I'll plump for him.

I do wonder if they announce signings as they happen in these circumstances or if they sign someone but hold off on the announcement for timing purposes, or even to have it so the first announcement isn’t a let down to some people. (As in maybe they’ve signed Turner, but to some fans that could be underwhelming so they hold off announcing and wait until after Ginnelly is announced as he’ll likely get positive reactions across the fan base)

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Well it’s quite obvious they are toiling to attract a manager at the moment for a start 

Aye, seeing as I don't live on the moon, I get that!... TheBigO said he'd 'heard' some other things!... just hoping there was more misery to follow!👍

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The point was that every manager makes good and bad signings. 

Did you not care about signings like Osh, Damour, Martin, whelan etc because we sold players for money/ profit . ( Lafferty, Sow, Mulreny, Hickey). 

I did, it doesn't excuse signing shite as well. 

No need to be so precious, all managers sign shite and good players. 

The better managers seem to sign more good than shite.  You’re the one trying to bring in negatives to JJs reign and compare it with others who have largely brought in shite to the club thats costs a good money with no success either. 

7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Celtic don’t even have a manager yet and so hard to say who’ll be there and who won’t next season.

There is two guys currently at Celtic who are pulling the strings Howe wasn't getting to bring his backroom staff and Kennedy and Strachan was being forced on him. Like what happened to Lennon he couldn't bring his coaching team in.  They have a list of names who they want and it will be giving to this Ange or whoever takes it because they will be a Yes man to the board at Celtic.  

It's also happened many times before clubs singing players or approaching players without a manager It just shows the board have more power than the manager when it comes to recruitment.  

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Wouldn’t need to turn him around ? Of course they would. Hardly played for 4 years or more, therefore hardly scored. A stone overweight. Long term Mental health issues he can’t shake off. If Hibs have a manager who can turn Griffiths around and get 20 goals a season out of him for 3 straight years, then I want THAT manager at Hearts.

Nisbet isn’t a world beater but I’d take him over the present day Griffiths all day long.

Hopefully your right. 

But imo Griffiths is a cracking signing for any team and will score goals. 

The big difference is that he'll be the main man at hibs or any other team and will play as opposed to being a bit part player at celtic. 

All a manager has to do is play him and even a half arsed Griffiths will score around 15-20 a season if playing regularly. 

There’s a chance He might end up at Aberdeen as well. 

Either way it improves Aberdeen or hibs imo. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

The better managers seem to sign more good than shite.  You’re the one trying to bring in negatives to JJs reign and compare it with others who have largely brought in shite to the club thats costs a good money with no success either. 

It's not negative to say he did sign shite players as well as good ones. 

Just a fact. 

28 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I was just thinking that it wouldn't be long before he was mentioned again. Lafferty hasn't been mentioned for at least 3 pages either. Whats wrong with this thread? 

Nothing wrong with suggesting available players who were previously successful here in my opinion.

Joe Savage points out the difficulties in persuading players to sign for us when there's stiff competition from elsewhere. A player who knows the club already is surely an advantage.

If that player can do a job for us again then it would be a bit silly not to consider them.

As I previously mentioned it's not always the right thing to do but bringing back CP and DM might work well for us.

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I do wonder if they announce signings as they happen in these circumstances or if they sign someone but hold off on the announcement for timing purposes, or even to have it so the first announcement isn’t a let down to some people. (As in maybe they’ve signed Turner, but to some fans that could be underwhelming so they hold off announcing and wait until after Ginnelly is announced as he’ll likely get positive reactions across the fan base)

I wonder why we wouldn't announce pre-contact signings such as Ginnelly or that other player we are supposed to have signed in January? (Assuming they have signed a pre-contract, of course.) ... is it possible to be gazzumped on a pre-contract?

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If that Twitter account is saying we've offered him a deal, stick your house on him signing for Hibs. Nothing but absolute nonsense from them.

20 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

There is two guys currently at Celtic who are pulling the strings Howe wasn't getting to bring his backroom staff and Kennedy and Strachan was being forced on him. Like what happened to Lennon he couldn't bring his coaching team in.  They have a list of names who they want and it will be giving to this Ange or whoever takes it because they will be a Yes man to the board at Celtic.  

It's also happened many times before clubs singing players or approaching players without a manager It just shows the board have more power than the manager when it comes to recruitment.  

Fair enough comment 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Ah nothing too solid, just what a shitshow it has been and still is.  Training amateur, Lennon completely off the rails and netiher getting binned nor helped.  The problems all deep rooted and high up.  Described as "back to the 90s" as far as how tinpot the directorship are.  Broon couldn't wait to get out for example and say what you want but he's a pro.

Basically the blip isn't now, the blip was Rodgers.  They had zero competition under Delia and got away with that one, Rodgers fell in their lap and they've went back to making a tit of things again.

Other point is the thoughts behind this Greek guy.  He's part of the Man City Empire - his Aussie club are the Man City offshoot over there.  So it's like with the DOS they're bringing in or trying to, plus this guy, they're trying to get on that roundabout.  But thing is there's nothing official.  So Celtic, biggest club in the world are basically trying to become a Man CIty feeder but without any of the official benefits!!

it's all quite funny.  They really could be in trouble next season if one of "the rest" has a good season.  And 2 CL places up for grabs.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Ah nothing too solid, just what a shitshow it has been and still is.  Training amateur, Lennon completely off the rails and netiher getting binned nor helped.  The problems all deep rooted and high up.  Described as "back to the 90s" as far as how tinpot the directorship are.  Broon couldn't wait to get out for example and say what you want but he's a pro.

Basically the blip isn't now, the blip was Rodgers.  They had zero competition under Delia and got away with that one, Rodgers fell in their lap and they've went back to making a tit of things again.

Other point is the thoughts behind this Greek guy.  He's part of the Man City Empire - his Aussie club are the Man City offshoot over there.  So it's like with the DOS they're bringing in or trying to, plus this guy, they're trying to get on that roundabout.  But thing is there's nothing official.  So Celtic, biggest club in the world are basically trying to become a Man CIty feeder but without any of the official benefits!!

it's all quite funny.  They really could be in trouble next season if one of "the rest" has a good season.  And 2 CL places up for grabs.

Cheers mate... that will do for now 😁 Interesting that they're trying to be the Man City of Scotland!🤣🤣🤣

Their fall from grace has been spectacular! I mentioned on another thread that they're there for the taking next season, also!... I just hope it's us that pulls away from the pack and are 'best of the rest'! Rangers can wait til the next season!

Can you imaging the mhanky-seethe if they finished 4th or 5th!?

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Very interesting post.

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What a load of crap!

The guy has nothing to do with the Manchester City offshoot over there ? He managed Melbourne Victory. Melbourne Heat became "CITY" 

He then moved onto manage the national team between 2013 and 2017. Melbourne Heat were re branded in 2014 can you elaborate on how Postecoglou fits into the Manchester city family ?

I don't know where you get your information from but its a load of crap hoping no one will check or have the knowledge of Australian football.   

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

What a load of crap!

The guy has nothing to do with the Manchester City offshoot over there ? He managed Melbourne Victory. Melbourne Heat became "CITY" 

He then moved onto manage the national team between 2013 and 2017. Melbourne Heat were re branded in 2014 can you elaborate on how Postecoglou fits into the Manchester city family ?

I don't know where you get your information from but its a load of crap hoping no one will check or have the knowledge of Australian football.   

Big O is a good guy, pretty poor tone to use with him, simply disagree, its easy

BackOfTheNet

No idea about the Celtic goings on, but he currently manages a team in Japan, so no idea where the Aussie Man City thing has come from

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No idea about the Celtic goings on, but he currently manages a team in Japan, so no idea where the Aussie Man City thing has come from

Man City own a few clubs around the world - usual branding pish - and i assume the Japanese club are one of them.

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What a load of crap!

the japanese club he is at now is 20% owned by the city group

Just now, milky_26 said:

Is the Australian club he quoted ? 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Is the Australian club he quoted ? 

i nwas pointing out he is connected to the city group something you denied. so wind your neck in

Sub4TiddlerMurray
9 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What a load of crap!

Cool your jets man

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What a load of crap!

Sorry, didn't mean to make you soil your Celtic jammies.  Of course I should have researched this more thoroughly, what with it being a published journalistic piece in a national broadsheet and all, and will go back to my "source" and admonish him. 

Feeling I was given is this guy is connected to that merry-go-round, is all.  Why else do you go for him?  Anyway, I humbly apologise and will stick to just posting opinions which you can't really fact check, cos they're opinions.  Unless they're to do with Australia, then you'll know better of course.

jamboinglasgow
45 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Interesting, backs up a few things I read and thought about Celtic. Rogers was a moment for Celtic to become the next level club. He took them to another level (apart from Europe but that was Rogers stubborness) and there were many lessons from that where pushing the boat out for a top head coach who can develop players to another level (which they sell for big money then reinvest or promote from academy) you can make a Celtic team that will dominate for years to come and compete in Europe. Basically aim to copy RB Salzburg or Ajax. But signing Lennon showed that there was no thought or plan behind Celtic.

The lack of professionalism at the club also reminds me of a twitter thread a Celtic blogger put up at the beginning of last season showing how shocking it had become.

Worth clicking on and reading it all. Talks about Rogers given too much power (so had poor recruitment) but his good work in modernization of the club was ripped up when Lennon came in. Lennon had what is being talked about on here, that he had to take on existing coaches (Kennedy and Duffy) rather than his own people. players were hiring their on development coaches as they were getting nothing from Lennon or others at the club. The club were forcing Tierney to take injections to keep playing, including getting Scott Brown to call him up to basically say "suck it up and play" by taking injections. In the end it caused him so much damage it took effectively 18 months to recover.

Funny you say about Postecoglu and Man City, there BBC Gossip page has a story from a newspaper which talks about him being well suited to rebuild Celtic as he has used Man City's City group scouting network to sign players for Yokohama. Add in that reports are they tried to sign the Man City U23 coach (who went to Parma.) Mixed with the number of Man City players they have signed over the recent years (Frimpong, Arzani, Ntcham, Roberts, Boyata, Denayer, Guidetti in seven seasons.) 

I think it will be looked back as the hunt for 10 in a row ruined Celtic and set them back for years.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Ah there's my mistake!  Was his Japanese club, not his Aussie one.  Silly me.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

There’s a chance He might end up at Aberdeen as well. 

Either way it improves Aberdeen or hibs imo. 

Story I heard was that Aberdeen were all set to go for Griffiths til Brown arrived and told them in no uncertain terms not to. 

(appreciate it’s not a Hearts story)

Edited by cocobeab

Rogue Daddy
12 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What a load of crap!

Settle down mate. He was just answering a question and passing on info in good faith. If it's wrong, just enlighten us.... nae need to crucify the guy. He's a decent poster (not one of the clowns.)

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Sorry, didn't mean to make you soil your Celtic jammies.  Of course I should have researched this more thoroughly, what with it being a published journalistic piece in a national broadsheet and all, and will go back to my "source" and admonish him. 

Feeling I was given is this guy is connected to that merry-go-round, is all.  Why else do you go for him?  Anyway, I humbly apologise and will stick to just posting opinions which you can't really fact check, cos they're opinions.  Unless they're to do with Australia, then you'll know better of course.

👌

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Big O is a good guy, pretty poor tone to use with him, simply disagree, its easy

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Settle down mate. He was just answering a question and passing on info in good faith. If it's wrong, just enlighten us.... nae need to crucify the guy. He's a decent poster (not one of the clowns.)

Aw cheers lads!  Tear to a gless een!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***