***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Who's 'Campbell' that i've seen mentioned a good few times? Pardon my ignorance.

The boy from Motherwell who will have much better offers than us.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Heard they're close to appointing Tam Coutts (???) - head of youth development or something at the moment. Strange one like. 

Would take Shankland though, if the price is right. Clearly has an eye for goal and I think if he could get some decent service and get the ball at his feet in the box, he'll score goals. 

Tam Courts. Used to manage Kelty Hearts before Barry Ferguson. Left Kelty and took up the position of ‘academy head of tactical performance’ at United. 

Edited by The_razors_edge

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

See merit in both, but for me Shankland just isn't that good. He's useless outside the box.

However, he would be a different option to Boyce and Gnando and the 3 of them are all different so could work in many ways depending on the situation.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, not fussed either way but He's the only one that I thought " he's a bit of a player", looked good, nice touch, awareness, good technically.

No one else has stood out for me tbh, albeit  in the very limited viewing time I've had of other players.

https://www.facebook.com/spflofficial/videos/lawrence-shankland-scored-stunner-at-firhill/2712629015654383/

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'd be pretty confident there are at least ten players down South irrespective of their nationalities, that are cheaper & of the same standard as Campbell. Many people only cast their nets into the wee Scottish goldfish bowl (and no, I'm not inferring yourself). 

Savage can scout the lost tribes of the Amazon for all I care. He lives & dies by what he brings in, along with Neilson. It's a huge window for them. Savage in particular, with the fanfare and pretty much broad agreement in his appointment as a good, forward thinking one.

As I've said, I'm really not bothered if he signs or not. But unless Anderson pays for it, or we punt Irving, Damour, & Roberts off the bill, then Hearts won't be paying the type of development fee Motherwell will ask. They've got all the cards. Hearts aren't the big fish these days, despite what some would like to believe.*

*Cretins on Facebook & Twitter usually.

There might be 10 better, they wont be cheaper though. Nobody outwith the cheeks are big in Scotland these days :sob:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aguero 

We'll beat off Barca nae bother, they are pure shite these days :kirklol:

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The "wow" was apparently playing at the top level in UK

but in all seriousness this is a curious rumour looking at the list:

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/04/15/79-premier-league-free-agents/

Genuinely can’t see many “wows” there other than the fanciful obviously not’s 

James Mcarthur sounds realistic-ish but wouldn’t be a wow for me at age 33 just reminds me of cowie… he is better than Cowie ever was tho Tbf. 344 Premier League games, has to be up there as the most of any Scot other than Darren Fletcher I’d think? 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

seen that, seen him score a good goal v hibs as well from about 25 yards.

I mean in general, his all round play is not good enough.

He could, however be useful in a old fashioned front 2. Not many teams play that now tho.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

?

You said he was shite outside the box :)

Must admit I thought he was too but a couple of stunners there, think he smashed one off the Aberdeen bar this season too from similar range, he might still have some development in him, but I dont see this one happening myself, not to us

Can't say I rate Shankland. No doubt he can finish but his all round game isn't SPL level. He's a Championship striker. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Can't say I rate Shankland. No doubt he can finish but his all round game isn't SPL level. He's a Championship striker. 

:rofl:

Clerry Jambo

Do folk really think we will have a wow signing, not having it myself. Then ofcourse we will all have different thoughts on what a wow signing is.....wow

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Do folk really think we will have a wow signing, not having it myself. Then ofcourse we will all have different thoughts on what a wow signing is.....wow

There’s always........wow he’s really shite. 

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

There will not be a wow signing. 

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

:rofl:

???? 

49 games and 8 goals at SPL level for Mr Shankland. 

As I said, a Championship striker. :👍 

The wow signing is Snodgrass. He wants to come back and would be good for the dressing room. Other teams sniffinb though

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

This is a bizarre viewpoint. 

If a club has a player worth buying should we just not bother and let our rivals sign them up?

The club have already shown they will help other clubs. It doesn’t mean we can’t do it as fans. 
There are a lot of players out there, some we could’ve spoken to in January to be ***** and derail a teams season for instance. 
I would like us to do that but it’s obvious the club won’t.

We should only be spending money on  players we can help progress and sell on.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hood09 said:

The wow signing is Snodgrass. He wants to come back and would be good for the dressing room. Other teams sniffinb though

Please no 🙈

2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

You posted that last week. Thought it sounded the most plausible name mentioned then as well. Exactly the type of retirement age player I’d expect. 

Edited by GinRummy

Rogue Daddy

Listened to the latest Scarves podcast this morning and they had McEneff on the show. He was at Tottenham with Harry Kane when he was coming through... who now wants to leave. Just sayin. Would be a 'wow'. 😃

...😌 maybe not.

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.   :lol:

Is that far enough... Out side the box.   🤔Yes. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Listened to the latest Scarves podcast this morning and they had McEneff on the show. He was at Tottenham with Harry Kane when he was coming through... who now wants to leave. Just sayin. Would be a 'wow'. 😃

...😌 maybe not.

Our 9 figure new sponsorship deal with Tesla should cover the transfer fee 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Our 9 figure new sponsorship deal with Tesla should cover the transfer fee 

Right enough! Get it done!😆

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

So that confirms no wow signing then. 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

???? 

49 games and 8 goals at SPL level for Mr Shankland. 

As I said, a Championship striker. :👍 

In fairness he was playing for a very defensive United team. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

He would be playing in a very defensive hearts team if Bob is still around 

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

I seriously hope your wrong

7 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

34 in September. Can't see it. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Missed a lot of chances this season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Snodgrass may be wow to some, but when we consider the struggle to keep Naismith fit its more like overtime for the medics

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Snodgrass may be wow to some, but when we consider the struggle to keep Naismith fit its more like overtime for the medics

Yeah, I do remember one of the ITK said that the wow signing would be fitter than Naismith was, suggests to me not a player with injuries and a younger player (espically if Snodgrass would be 2 years older than Naismith was when he signed for us.) Of course, it could be that Snodgrass is signing but not the wow signing, as one ITK said there is 3 Naismith type players we are in talks with.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

NO MORE OAP YESTERDAYS MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless they are Don Cowie. 

kingantti1874

So to sum up This thread.  We donn’t want young up and coming talent like hendry or Turner who with a bit of luck could turn into the next McGinn or Ferguson. 

We also don’t want top quality players like Snodgrass towards the back end of career. (Who bet was very very good for West Ham as little as a year ago) 

This place man. It’s one or the other and I have my own preference BUT we aren’t getting top quality / finished article players in the prime of their career.  sooner folk accept that the better 

A_A wehatethehibs

Snodgrass contract has another year to run anyway to 2022 so further doubt it’s him 

Ainsley Harriott
20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

34 in September. Can't see it. 

Missed a lot of chances this season. 

Worrying thing is I can see it. We love an over the hill expensive old guy that's got good experience but cant run the length of themselves anymore.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, I do remember one of the ITK said that the wow signing would be fitter than Naismith was, suggests to me not a player with injuries and a younger player (espically if Snodgrass would be 2 years older than Naismith was when he signed for us.) Of course, it could be that Snodgrass is signing but not the wow signing, as one ITK said there is 3 Naismith type players we are in talks with.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

NO MORE OAP YESTERDAYS MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd cap at 30 or 31. Still 2 to 3 years worth. 

I know my Sheep buddies are rather concerned about their age rising 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So to sum up This thread.  We donn’t want young up and coming talent like hendry or Turner who with a bit of luck could turn into the next McGinn or Ferguson. 

We also don’t want top quality players like Snodgrass towards the back end of career. (Who bet was very very good for West Ham as little as a year ago) 

This place man. It’s one or the other and I have my own preference BUT we aren’t getting top quality / finished article players in the prime of their career.  sooner folk accept that the better 

I think it’s just different people have different ideas on which types we should go for. For me, I’d much rather sign players like Turner (not saying him because I haven’t seen enough of him) who have potential than someone on his way down. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Have the 32 and overs proved vfm?

I'd argue not, not expecting a 23 to 28 year old of note though. Quite sceptical about landing a wow, cards are stacked against 

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree, still say the only player that stood out in each game I watched in the Championship was that Vaughn for Raith.

Obviously we overran them a few times, but he looked quick, good touch, a bit of vision and could go past a player and drive forward. Stood out in the other odd Raith Game i caught as well.

Maybe too light weight or not right mentality for higher level, but he looked like he had good technique and awareness.

I’m pretty sure Vaughn has done his cruciate twice which is why he’s found himself where he is. Very unlucky in that regard. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He can't play the lone striker at the top level.

Imo his s hold up play, movement, first touch, speed, physicality is just not good enough for it.

He is a good finisher.

Looking at who he scored v last season it was the poorer teams as well.

He could be really effective and improve or just be a Keating's type without the injuries. Who knows.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

:fonzie:

Bang on.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’m pretty sure Vaughn has done his cruciate twice which is why he’s found himself where he is. Very unlucky in that regard. 

Makes sense then.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He can't play the lone striker at the top level.

Imo his s hold up play, movement, first touch, speed, physicality is just not good enough for it.

He is a good finisher.

Looking at who he scored v last season it was the poorer teams as well.

He could be really effective and improve or just be a Keating's type without the injuries. Who knows.

Agree, I just don't think his all round game is good enough. He can definitely score goals though. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***