***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Good shout. He caught my eye this season also! Caused us problems. 

Would take him, he ripped halkett a new one, I think it was the game when he was at inverness vs us at tynecastle? he has stood out quite a few times this season.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

35 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Pretty sure Savage brought Jayden Stockley to Preston, would you take him?  He's only 27 - not old.  
Big powerful guy, 6'2, a unit in the mold of a Sam Cosgrove.   
I get that he didn't score many when at Aberdeen years ago.   But, he went on loan to Charlton and scored about ten in 20 games.  
And when at Exeter he scored 41 goals in 66 games.  Good going by any standard tbf.   

I think he would be a decent option, looks a bit of a handful, maybe too similar to gnando though? He didn't have the best time at aberdeen but has went on to score a lot of goals since leaving.

SidewaysFitba
3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I think he would be a decent option, looks a bit of a handful, maybe too similar to gnando though? He didn't have the best time at aberdeen but has went on to score a lot of goals since leaving.

Hmm, maybe somewhat similar to Nando, aye.  Possibly better, its hard to be sure.   

SidewaysFitba
21 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Agree. Definitely rather him than a random punt from overseas or even down south.

Imagine him running out for the first Edin derby.  Scenes.

BackOfTheNet
48 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Pretty sure Savage brought Jayden Stockley to Preston, would you take him?  He's only 27 - not old.  
Big powerful guy, 6'2, a unit in the mold of a Sam Cosgrove.   
I get that he didn't score many when at Aberdeen years ago.   But, he went on loan to Charlton and scored about ten in 20 games.  
And when at Exeter he scored 41 goals in 66 games.  Good going by any standard tbf.   

Better ratio than Conor Washington had at the same club, and he’s about 1 in 3 which isn’t bad in itself.

SidewaysFitba

Hearts have earned a rep for signing boring/bland players and playing boring/bland football.   
I think Hearts need to try to do something that will get fans talking about football again in a positive way.   
We need to sign a couple of players who would get tongues wagging.   
Players that opposition fans will hate.   
We need a couple of players with a bit of personality about them.   
Would it be such a bad World if the competition to Boyce and Nando next season was Cummings and Lafferty?    
Bringing in the pair of them would tick most of the boxes laid out, without it costing a fortune.   
Fans would go into the season speaking about KL and JC and NOT Robbie, Budge etc.👍

SidewaysFitba
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Car crash stuff now.

imagine Stuart Findlay and Declan Gallagher may have been 2 early targets. 

I'd be working overtime on midfielders myself, by far and away our biggest problem 

Yes, probably, and I'm not just saying this but I'm quite glad we didn't get either of them.  DG is regarded as a poor signing by most Well fans.   
He will be 32 on his next birthday.   
SF is younger, but just a bog standard Scottish defender like Halkett imo.

7 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Hearts have earned a rep for signing boring/bland players and playing boring/bland football.   
I think Hearts need to try to do something that will get fans talking about football again in a positive way.   
We need to sign a couple of players who would get tongues wagging.   
Players that opposition fans will hate.   
We need a couple of players with a bit of personality about them.   
Would it be such a bad World if the competition to Boyce and Nando next season was Cummings and Lafferty?    
Bringing in the pair of them would tick most of the boxes laid out, without it costing a fortune.   
Fans would go into the season speaking about KL and JC and NOT Robbie, Budge etc.👍

Yip and let's all hope that St Johnstone show they are the better team next week

Travesty if they lose

SidewaysFitba
3 minutes ago, geomac said:

Yip and let's all hope that St Johnstone show they are the better team next week

Travesty if they lose

Its grim times when we are all sat here begging wee St Johnstone to stop Hibs from making our pain even worse.😒

1 minute ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Its grim times when we are all sat here begging wee St Johnstone to stop Hibs from making our pain even worse.😒

No begging mate , just hoping as I said, and wee St J have won the cup as often as the Hobos in the last hundred years so it wouldn't be a shock , would it?

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, geomac said:

No begging mate , just hoping as I said, and wee St J have won the cup as often as the Hobos in the last hundred years so it wouldn't be a shock , would it?

St John have put Hearts to shame tbh.  Potential double cup winners and 5th in the league.  Several players worth a mill plus.  And a manager whose stock is high.   All done with hardly any fans, let alone a Foundation of St Johnstone.

4 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

St John have put Hearts to shame tbh.  Potential double cup winners and 5th in the league.  Several players worth a mill plus.  And a manager whose stock is high.   All done with hardly any fans, let alone a Foundation of St Johnstone.

Or a dodgy Peruvian millionaire owner like some shitty clubs have 

Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

Indeed they have, no denying they have put a few to shame, not even the feeble HSL contributions, or what's it called again, to help them out. 

Maybe you're a Saints admirer, overplaying their million pound players, surely not a patch on the Cabbages?

9 minutes ago, geomac said:

Indeed they have, no denying they have put a few to shame, not even the feeble HSL contributions, or what's it called again, to help them out. 

Maybe you're a Saints admirer, overplaying their million pound players, surely not a patch on the Cabbages?

Ludicrous that they decide manager of the season before the second biggest prize is decided. Davidson possible two trophies with a player budget that is maybe 1/20th of Gerrard's. I bet Davidson on a £50m player budget sweeps the board unlike Gerrard and his two fails. 

SidewaysFitba

Regan Hendry could be a shout, some of these players can make the cut in a higher league.  As much chance of him making an impact as some random from League 2 in England.   Jay Emmanuel-Thomas would be an interesting add, didn't realise he was 30 tho.   Depends on what style of striker folks think we need. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Are we just naming people we’ve signed on Football Manager now?

I always played it without out real names. You know, to add an air of mystery to life.

Reckon we should be looking to sign Gary McGary on that basis. 

6 hours ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Yes, probably, and I'm not just saying this but I'm quite glad we didn't get either of them.  DG is regarded as a poor signing by most Well fans.   
He will be 32 on his next birthday.   
SF is younger, but just a bog standard Scottish defender like Halkett imo.

Hard to argue with that, would much rather have J.Dunne (I wish)

7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Jackson Irvine would be a fantastic signing out of contract over there and their best midfielder:  why not try make it happen? 

Now we,re talking, need a player like him

Leveins Battalion

This thread is more depressing by the day,JET,Daniel Mackay and Jackson Irvine:bolt:

Thankfully Joe does not come on here and listen to this pish.:gok:

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I dunno if Salford City is a MUCH lower level than what we will play most weeks tbh.   
Esp the bottom six.  
But yeah, he was a lad well rated that didn't shine during his loan spell at Aberdeen.    
Not heard of the player you've rustled up tbh.   
I used to like Greg Stewart as a player, good technical footballer.   Getting on a bit now and not really a striker as such.   

We need to a bit more confident about our league sometimes. I watched parts of the Barnsley v Swansea game last night and the quality was absolutely appalling. 

Difference is they have one or two players on each side who are a class above and that makes the difference. 

I suppose we need to be looking at those players in the lower leagues, not just the run of the mill ones. 

Leveins Battalion
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We need to a bit more confident about our league sometimes. I watched parts of the Barnsley v Swansea game last night and the quality was absolutely appalling. 

Difference is they have one or two players on each side who are a class above and that makes the difference. 

I suppose we need to be looking at those players in the lower leagues, not just the run of the mill ones. 

We have employed Joe Savage purely for his contacts and knowledge of the British/Irish leagues.

Joe will know every player from Tamworth to Tipperary.

Bit patience is needed (i know its murder)

I know its the current bun reporting it but Ross Callachan 😒 surely our scouting system extends further than that he was hardly a roaring success the last time

Never Let Them Forget
4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I know its the current bun reporting it but Ross Callachan 😒 surely our scouting system extends further than that he was hardly a roaring success the last time

Not saying he’s the answer but we have missed his energy in midfield. Wouldn’t be against resigning him a good player to have about the squad.

5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

What a statement of intent that would be

10 hours ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I can get the call to bring KL back, but at 34, he is too old for Hearts now imo.  Ship sailed etc.   

tenor.gif

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Not saying he’s the answer but we have missed his energy in midfield. Wouldn’t be against resigning him a good player to have about the squad.

Better than Halliday?

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, rory78 said:

A signing to launch ST sales that one! 😳

Callachan has maybe matured a bit as a player. Not against this, but I want Regan Hendry signed first. Especially if Campbell is unlikely. 

Batistuta87
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

He’s an obscure 21 year old in the Netherlands without a club, why would the club have looked at him? They can’t check out every player in Europe and a lot of your suggestions have been more than a little left, field to be kind. 

Why not? The current free agent list isn't very big and the European free agent list is even smaller. It's a market we are looking into. There's lots of players about to become free agents but he's the only striker of a reasonable market value and under the age of 25 without a club. The club will be using Wyscout and Transfermrkt to find players just like I am. 

Remember the last Dutch striker we signed out of obscurity........ 

image.jpeg.7de92c6f7f72e1f768427627dad20cf9.jpeg

Sometimes the left field is well worth ploughing. 

Edited by Batistuta87

11 hours ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Bud, calm down eh?  Its a game of opinions.  👍

Very true, but you have posted an insane amount of nonsense in your debut 24 hours on here, obviously a lot of time on your hands, and the only opinion to even remotely suggest Dunne wasn't a success and some, in his spell with us...

Defo going on mute, the quickest muting of all time I think 😂🤣😅😆😁

32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Why not? The current free agent list isn't very big and the European free agent list is even smaller. It's a market we are looking into. There's lots of players about to become free agents but he's the only striker of a reasonable market value and under the age of 25 without a club. The club will be using Wyscout and Transfermrkt to find players just like I am. 

Remember the last Dutch striker we signed out of obscurity........ 

image.jpeg.7de92c6f7f72e1f768427627dad20cf9.jpeg

Sometimes the left field is well worth ploughing. 

oooft what a player and what a man nice big chap to speak to spoke very highly of us and Edinburgh. 

Rogue Daddy

Brought to PNE by Savage.  Just been released. 

Looks decent (as most of these YT clips do)... but what I liked is he was good, and scored, with both feet - from outside and inside the box. Great 1st touch also. Not a bad shout on the face of it.

Ibrahim Tall

While Callachan isn’t exactly brilliant I’d still probably go as far as to say we wouldn’t have went down if he’d still been here, unlike most of those that followed he actually gave a toss about Hearts and wasn’t a complete shitebag. I’d have far more confidence with him being thrown into CM if Haring gets injured again than I would a Langer or a Whelan etc. 

Bazzas right boot

Callachan is no where near good enough. 

Real shame as the guy has that natural timing of arriving in the box at the right time and is a Hearts fan. 

But he's not a good midfielder, 1st touch, passing, awareness all very poor and unfortunately his knack for a goal does not make up for his poor areas as they are so poor. 

Real shame Tbh. 

A poor man's John Millar and a really poor man's Colin Cameron. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Rogue Daddy

You have to take your hat off to Callum Davidson. He's done fantastic with St J this season. Just shows what can be achieved with a good young manager at the helm (and next to no funds).. of course, he has to follow that up next season. Great job so far though, that can't be denied.

Rogue Daddy
6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Are we just naming people we’ve signed on Football Manager now?

I played FM16 in lockdown until I was 98 years old (FM age). Took Stenhousemuir to 7 league titles, numerous cup wins and a Champion league & World Club titles 🤣🤣🤣... by then all my players were re-re-gens. So I cant add anything to this thread. 😳

Nookie Bear

I assume we have first option on Josh, considering we are continuing to treat him and just making sure he recovers fully before finalising the contract. 

1 hour ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Imagine us singing Ross Callachan and Hibs singing Jackson Irvine :jj_facepalm:

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I assume we have first option on Josh, considering we are continuing to treat him and just making sure he recovers fully before finalising the contract. 

I would doubt we have any more option on him than anyone else now his contract is up. Would like to see him sign for us though. 

johnthomas
26 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Imagine us singing Ross Callachan and Hibs singing Jackson Irvine :jj_facepalm:

How does it go ?

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Yeah, strange on. The only thing i can think of is that we are waiting to make sure he will recover fully

Might be like Naismith from Norwich and he is on a bigger salary at PNE and waiting for his final payment before signing?

37 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Aberdeen interested in Jackson Irvine.

As we should have been and should be...Good player at this level, tried and tested here and good standard dan' South to boot...

Played a lot of mins for the Hobos, considering he had suffered a long term injury before.....

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

As we should have been and should be...Good player at this level, tried and tested here and good standard dan' South to boot...

Played a lot of mins for the Hobos, considering he had suffered a long term injury before.....

I like him he's done well wherever he has went the interview with Si Ferry was a good one too. I'd like him at Hearts. If we approached him and offered him the money we spunk on Berra , Damour , Naismith wages then he would be our player we can offer more in wages than Hibs and Aberdeen. But we will opt to buying 3 crap players instead of 1 really good player on the same wage. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***