"Delighted to ram it down their throats."

tartofmidlothian

8 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Dundee definitely the worst. Brora definitely the most embarrassing. 

Thats fair I think. Brora will be brought up by hobos the same way Dens is. It will fade over time though as we were Championship  (if that makes sense). Dens will never fade and will never hurt any less. Brora will. 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• graygo

• kingantti1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

Well done Robbie Neilson.

A good performance from the team last night. As bad as we've been, we have strolled to the league title and will probably end up winning it by 15 points- despite only playing 3/4 of a season.

The Brora result was shite but who cares. Back in the big league and pumping Hibs at every opportunity. I'm happy with that.

HHGH

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Nobody is doing that

Comparing it to Dundee or Kilmarnock is a stupid point and absolutely irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats fair I think. Brora will be brought up by hobos the same way Dens is. It will fade over time though as we were Championship  (if that makes sense). Dens will never fade and will never hurt any less. Brora will. 

If people can't think of a decent comeback when the tramps want to talk about Scottish Cups games then there is no hope for them.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Small rabble you say? Can’t be ersed looking for the poll but I’m quite sure of the 1000 odd folk who voted over 90% want him jettisoned. I’d also say that poll is reflective of the wider support. 

Credit where it’s due though, your consistency for dribbling utter dug shite has to be acknowledged. 40 odd thousand posts and you’d be hard pressed to pick out half a dozen with a modicum of decent content. 

I clearly say most fans  are results based, this means their opinion will change.... Depending on results. 

I think I voted to remove him, and if he goes, goes. 

Still not arsed either way, I see merit in removing him and keeping him. 

Do another poll in July once we are promoted, new players and ready to go. 

Be back to a small rabble. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Comparing it to Dundee or Kilmarnock is a stupid point and absolutely irrelevant. 

I was asked which result is the worst in our history.

It differs from others

That's the way it is - no right or wrong, just opinions

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

.*Noisy boys. Really

The people that can see how shite our football has been and believe he’s not the man to take us forward.

The only noise that is coming is the crap that you and Toque spout about how wonderful the world is with Robbie in charge.

Nice to see both of you back and giving it the big one after beating part time team who are bottom of the league 

Nah. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s embarrassing.  It’s a bunch of the same posters who’ve had their heads in the sand for the last 3 years.  Sinking along with the sinking ship, defiant until the end. The water level is about neck height just now.  

Promotion isn't sinking. 

Ironically, We've been sinking since Robbie left first time tho. 

15 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Listen I think Robbie needs to go but what do you expect from him. He’s on the verge of winning the league, whether you loathe him or not he’s purely standing up for himself, get over it

I get that and you could see the relief when we scored. Dancing around like it was a last minute derby winner.

Fact it was it was only Alloa who are bottom of the league and had already leaked 51 goals prior to the game.

33 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

So to sum up the case for robbies defence.

1. Brora result was only third worst result in the history of the club ( im assuming you were there against kilmarnock?)

2.  There are other shite managers

I’m late to the party but I hope your not inferring Doddie was a shite manager? Very few have done as much for Hearts as that man, he took us from a struggling yo-yo club and put us firmly back where we belong. 

AM & JJ are IMO the only two managers in our history who should be given the keys to Tynecastle.

hmfc_liam06
14 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Harsh.  That was the team we were playing, so what more could be expected?

Nothing but the way he acted in his interview you'd think we'd just scudded Rangers.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I was asked which result is the worst in our history.

It differs from others

That's the way it is - no right or wrong, just opinions

I think you know exactly what is meant. Not only was it the most embarrassing result in our history, when you consider the guys who worked at greggs and co hadn’t been able to train or play for months - it was the most embarrassing result in the entire history of Scottish football.. . There has never been a bigger upset and i include Rangers loss to Berwick Rangers in the 70’s.

it was absolutely disgusting. He shouldn’t have been allowed on the bus. 

The Mighty Thor

Aye getting horsed by a team of teachers and plumbers who hadn't played for 3 months, in fact they'd only had 3 training sessions (after their day jobs of course) and a kick about friendly, is definitely not the worst result in our history. 

The worst and most embarrassing. 

He should have been sacked at full time that night. That he wasn't is a measure of how low the standards are at Hearts.

Boyces beard
20 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Well done Robbie Neilson.

A good performance from the team last night. As bad as we've been, we have strolled to the league title and will probably end up winning it by 15 points- despite only playing 3/4 of a season.

The Brora result was shite but who cares. Back in the big league and pumping Hibs at every opportunity. I'm happy with that.

HHGH

Anyone who does not care about that result is not a Hearts fan. End off

Mars plastic
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Disagree. For instance, nobody out with Hearts will recall us getting beat off Dunfermline in the first round of the cup after we won it in 2006. Everyone will remember we were papped off the crofters for decades to come. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye getting horsed by a team of teachers and plumbers who hadn't played for 3 months, in fact they'd only had 3 training sessions (after their day jobs of course) and a kick about friendly, is definitely not the worst result in our history. 

The worst and most embarrassing. 

He should have been sacked at full time that night. That he wasn't is a measure of how low the standards are at Hearts.

No club in Scottish football has ever suffered a bigger humiliation, I’m not even sure there has been a bigger humiliation ever in British or European football.

edit : maybe when we got knocked out of Europe by the Maltese equivalent of Brora 😡

Edited by kingantti1874

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No club in Scottish football has ever suffered a bigger humiliation, I’m not even sure there has been a bigger humiliation ever in British or European football.

edit : maybe when we got knocked out of Europe by the Maltese equivalent of Brora 😡

But, but.....the goat herders drew with West Ham so it’s ok. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Kilmarnock v the Welsh team? 

Aberdeen v a Lithuanian team in the 90's? 

Hamilton 1-4 of annan at home. 

Peterhead beat us a few years ago as well. 

Broro is the worst tho imo. 

Just now, jambo3tevie said:

Anyone who does not care about that result is not a Hearts fan. End off

I'm a Hearts fan and couldn't care less.

Life is too short to get hung up over something that we have no control over. It's also a lot more fun too👍

I understand why people were/are upset but dwelling on football results is pointless.

Boyces beard
2 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Life is too short to get hung up over something that we have no control over. It's also a lot more fun too👍

I understand why people were/are upset but dwelling on football results is pointless.

You would be the only Hearts fan i know who couldn't care less about losing to Brora Rangers in the second round of the Scottish cup.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

we wouldn’t need to dwell

on it if the man responsible for that, Alloa, and 21 other garbage performances had fallen on his sword as he should have

4 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

You would be the only Hearts fan i know who couldn't care less about losing to Brora Rangers in the second round of the Scottish cup.

It was shite for about 2 mins after the final whistle, as all losses are.

If people want to act like Celtic fans and dwell on misery, that's fine too.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we wouldn’t need to dwell

on it if the man responsible for that, Alloa, and 21 other garbage performances had fallen on his sword as he should have

This falling on your sword doesn’t really exist in football there’s not many managers who simply walk away there’s too much money at stake, he should’ve been sacked. 

I’ve no idea what’s going on at Hearts but there’s a massive problem with this playing squad and whatever Neilson is doing is causing it. He said a few months ago players would be leaving and we’ve been on a downward spiral (in context of this season) ever since.

Whatever is going on, Neilson is the man in charge so it falls on his shoulders. I suspect like his mentor he’s convinced Ann Budge he can fix it.

One decent result against the worst team in the league.

Six months of being total pish.

Being dumped out of one of the two domestic cups by the very same team.

Being dumped out of the other domestic cup by a bunch of part timers.

But in Robbieland everything is great.

25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Come on!!

Don't remember Celtic getting horsed 5-0 by that team nobody had heard of (Artmedia, Google tells me) or by the H1b5 getting rolled over 9-0 on aggregate by Malmo?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Musemic said:

Come on!!

Don't remember Celtic getting horsed 5-0 by that team nobody had heard of (Artmedia, Google tells me) or by the H1b5 getting rolled over 9-0 on aggregate by Malmo?

Brora is a town of 1300 people, they have an amateur side who hadn’t played or trained for months. 

no you can’t compare heavy losses to quality sides to losing to an amateur side 

siegementality
58 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Nobody is doing that

It’s semantics.

Worst or most embarrassing?

I’ll go with the worst most embarrassing result in the clubs history given Neilson also managed to embarrass us against Maltese waiters and mechanics.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

:what:

There are now people claiming the Brora result wasn’t the worst in our history. They are suggesting defeats by teams in our own division have been worse.

Any time I feel I might be losing my marbles, I just have to read Kickback for a while. Then I realise all is well.

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Seriously?

Unknown.jpeg

17 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

But which pundits were Neilson referring to in his interview?

Could be a number of them, Tom English, James McFadden has been critical of his formations, Ryan Stevenson has ripped him a new one on a few occasions....and that's just off the top of my head. I assume others have had a dig as well in the press but i wouldn't know. Haven't bought a newspaper for well over a year.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

It is a silly point. 3.5.86 and 24.4.65 (and 1.1.73)  were huge disappointments but far from the worst results in our history.

85/86 in particular was a monumental achievement by a team that worked hard and played attractive football.

Doddie sacked after taking us to within a goal of the real title and to the cup final?

So losing a game that would have seen us win the real title wasn't worse than losing in a game which would have got us into the last 16/32 (can't remember which) of the Scottish cup? Ok then if that's what you think, I disagree.

It could have been "I was delighted to prove my detractors wrong", or perhaps "I was delighted to show that this team can indeed play", or even (take a deep breath) "I was delighted to see that, despite the unwarranted negative publicity this club has been attracting lately, we have shown tonight that we have footballers here who can do the job".

But no, we're ramming things down folks' throats. Sweet.

The club is over the Brora defeat, it's only the supporters now that seem to be wallowing in self pity and embarrassment.

While it's fine to have a local rival to constantly beat and take the piss out of, it's certainly not high on my priority list to start giving a flying rubber duck what those spoon burners think of me. 

My advice to the poor souls who aren't over the defeat yet is to grow a pair of stones and stop feeling sorry for yourself. 

It makes football and life in general much more pleasant.

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Watch the game and interviews at the end. Heard the get it up em comment, knew he was most likely meaning the fans, went to bed and never thought about it till I seen this thread had hit 7 pages. 

My opinion on this, for all that it is worth or matters, is he has taken plenty stick recently (quite rightly so) and felt he was entitled to fire back. Now, the rights and wrongs of him doing that aside, it's always my thought with football (and other things in life) that if you dish it out, you have to take it back, regardless. Personally, I felt what he said and how he said it was ill-advised, he could have used it as a chance to build bridges, to say that was for the fans, that the team and him were sorry about the Brora result and standards dropping, etc. But he didn't, he took a perfectly normal human response and came across as petty and childish as a my wife in one of our arguments, which is his right. Now he has to constantly back it up or it will come back at him two fold. 

Can you imagine the response on here if he had said that was for the fans? :rofl:

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It could have been "I was delighted to prove my detractors wrong", or perhaps "I was delighted to show that this team can indeed play", or even (take a deep breath) "I was delighted to see that, despite the unwarranted negative publicity this club has been attracting lately, we have shown tonight that we have footballers here who can do the job".

We need more ramming things down people's throats

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

What about the Bayern comparison, I'm sure you'll agree that was stupid as well.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

I get that and you could see the relief when we scored. Dancing around like it was a last minute derby winner.

Fact it was it was only Alloa who are bottom of the league and had already leaked 51 goals prior to the game.

Dancing around like it was a last minute derby winner?

I think you'll find it was noticeable that he didn't celebrate the goal at all. © NANOJAMBO

52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Kilmarnock v the Welsh team? 

Aberdeen v a Lithuanian team in the 90's? 

Hamilton 1-4 of annan at home. 

Peterhead beat us a few years ago as well. 

Broro is the worst tho imo. 

Rangers, pre-liquidation, losing to Kaunas. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I know when I experience something embarrassing I just love recalling it and highlighting it constantly, and picking over every tiny detail, instead of doing my best to forget it. Forget the bad results and revel in the good ones is a good football watching philosophy to live by. I can't relate to any Hearts fan who even wants to mention the word Brora. The same way Hibs fans will never willingly bring up 5-1 even amongst themselves.

Edited by ToqueJambo

9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

We need more ramming things down people's throats

Says the sailor. ;)

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers, pre-liquidation, losing to Kaunas. 

Rangers post liquidation losing 2-0 and 3-0 to QoS in 14/15. Beaten by Alloa in the Challenge cup in 14/15.

Rangers haven't won a cup in what 7 years? They can't have been pumped out of every cup in that period by Celtic or us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

14 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Can you imagine the response on here if he had said that was for the fans? :rofl:

Would have loved it if he had said it was for jkb members throats. 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

He just can't win can he.

"Robbie's so dull and boring in interviews. Needs to show more passion."

"Robbie's just so full-on in interviews. Needs to dial it back."

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Cade said:

One decent result against the worst team in the league.

Six months of being total pish.

Being dumped out of one of the two domestic cups by the very same team.

Being dumped out of the other domestic cup by a bunch of part timers.

But in Robbieland everything is great.

6 months of being total pish.... 

That all falls apart when you look at the league table. 

We also knocked hibs out the sc in that time. 

So, the computer says no. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would have loved it if he had said it was for jkb members throats. 

😂😂😂

Then Contract extension announced on promotion. 

merseyjambo
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If you think that losing at Dens was worse than losing to Brora then you’re delusional.

Dens was THE joint most heartbreaking result in our history but by no means the worst.

Dundee were pushing for Europe. They were a bit of a bogey team for us. Had a decent record against us. We’d drawn with them twice that season. Kenny Black missed a penalty up there on a cold December Saturday first time we were there. 

Brora, part time non league team, hadn’t played in weeks before they went there. Some players had done a days graft before we played them.

Wage difference between us and Dundee. Probably not that much in those days. Wage difference between us and part time non league Brora. Astronomical. 

I’d wager losing in cup to Forfar and East Stirling in league back in 80s were worse results than Dens.