"Delighted to ram it down their throats."

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Two moments for me; when the first goal went in , it was like him & Elbaes went out of their way to NOT celebrate and when he just walked off the pitch at the end, as if this is all beneath him.

Something's not right at the club and Boyce's comments/demeanour post match confirm it IMO.

What did Boyce say?

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• graygo

• kingantti1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

At the fourth time of asking we get a decent performance and result against the worst team by some margin in the second division.  And Robbie thinks he is ramming something down the throats of someone or other... not an image I want to pursue really.

God knows I have seen a lot of bad managers in the last 60 years - the 60s and 70s had a particularly rich seam of them. But almost all maintained the sort of dignity that should apply to a manager of Heart of Midlothian FC.

Well said 👍

Glamorgan Jambo

He's entitled to say whatever he wants. And if folks who have been criticising him endlessly feel targeted by his comments then if you can't take it don't dish it out when it's going badly for him.

PS I'm not saying anybody is in the slightest bit redeemed by last night's result

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Two moments for me; when the first goal went in , it was like him & Elbaes went out of their way to NOT celebrate and when he just walked off the pitch at the end, as if this is all beneath him.

Something's not right at the club and Boyce's comments/demeanour post match confirm it IMO.

23 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

That first part is just not true, in fact the opposite is what happened. RN and LM actually over celebrated the first goal if anything.

As usual I don't expect a retraction from you, simply ignore and pretend you were right.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1380656773732909059?s=19

Edited by Awbdy Oot

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

“Small rabble”

Wait til we are allowed back in and see how small it is. Blow this nonsense right out of the water. 

What if we are playing well and winning ? 

I don't really care who the manager is I just want to I just want us to win matches and play attacking football. 

The evidence so far indicates RN is not that man. 

There is no need for the personal abuse of the man it shows Hearts fans in a poor light. 

Some real cowards on this forum, can't take it when they get a bit of it back. 

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said they were. 

For most, even myself the Brora result could easily have been a sacking. 

However, if results improve and we get promoted most will look forward and get behind the team whoever the manager is. 

If Robbie is replaced I'll back the new man. If he's not I'll back him. 

Most won't get behind the manager if neilson is still here.   The vast majority want him gone so what makes you think that? 

Auldbenches
25 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

That first part is just not true, in fact the opposite is what happened. RN and LM actually over celebrated the first goal if anything.

One of the first things shown after the goal was those two celebrating together.  McCullough and him were all smiles.  He must've missed that.  Pretty obvious though.  

4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

One of the first things shown after the goal was those two celebrating together.  McCullough and him were all smiles.  He must've missed that.  Pretty obvious though.  

I know, not sure why he would lie about that. Maybe he looked away and missed it. Anyway I've posted a link to it above if he wants to double check.

35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Entitled to bite back? He has barely accepted responsibility for Brora and all the other mess and now thinks he can bite back after beating Alloa?

Still waiting for the apology promised after Brora if I am not mistaken, but quick to give it out.

16 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

He's entitled to say whatever he wants. And if folks who have been criticising him endlessly feel targeted by his comments then if you can't take it don't dish it out when it's going badly for him.

PS I'm not saying anybody is in the slightest bit redeemed by last night's result

He is. But if hes hearts manager, tallkng about ramming it down folks throats cause we won a match against alloa at home, then hes making a complete fool of himself, and more importantly hes embarrasing the football club.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Maroon Sailor
52 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Last night was an opportunity for him to show some dignity, to acknowledge that over the last few months we  have looked anything and everything but convincing and at the very least admit to his own mistakes. It was a chance to at least partiallly redeem himself but unlike his football he went on the attack, deflecting blame towards/at others.

Show some dignity ?

He picked the club up in the Championship, got within a baw hair of winning the cup, is taking the club back to the Premiership at the first time of asking (again), something Rangers, Hibs and Dundee United didn't achieve and has been being subjected to disgusting abuse.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Show some dignity ?

He picked the club up in the Championship, got within a baw hair of winning the cup, is taking the club back to the Premiership at the first time of asking (again), something Rangers, Hibs and Dundee United didn't achieve and has been being subjected to disgusting abuse.

Its almost like we didnt get knocked out of leageue cup and scottish cup by part time teams, one of whom hadnt played a game in months.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Its almost like we didnt get knocked out of leageue cup and scottish cup by part time teams, one of whom hadnt played a game in months.

No it's not

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

No it's not

So he gets a free pass from being responsible for the worst result in our history?

Mars plastic
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah. 

As I have said I could understand if he was sacked. I still do. 

However, I can also see why, on promotion he won't be. 

Most fans will also think like that, the small rabble making the noise will continue, hopefully as they promise not inside Tynecastle. 

Most will - on promotion look forward to next season, whoever the manager is and back them and the team. 

Small rabble you say? Can’t be ersed looking for the poll but I’m quite sure of the 1000 odd folk who voted over 90% want him jettisoned. I’d also say that poll is reflective of the wider support. 

Credit where it’s due though, your consistency for dribbling utter dug shite has to be acknowledged. 40 odd thousand posts and you’d be hard pressed to pick out half a dozen with a modicum of decent content. 

27 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So he gets a free pass from being responsible for the worst result in our history?

No and he wouldn't expect to.

It's not the worse result in our history, the most embarrassing yes.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

What’s the worst??

Geoff Kilpatrick

I beg to differ. He should have been sacked on the spot for it. Too many of our fans have been conditioned to accept cluster****s it seems.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What result is worse?

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Our budget was a lot bigger than most teams in the prem over the last few years.  If you're comparing to the OF, rangers took 2 years to get out of the championship, and were on an upward trajectory after liquidation.  A better comparison though would be with Sunderland, Southampton, etc - big teams who've gone down, then down again, due to being unable to sort out a big mess.  In terms of budget, we've done what we were expected to do this season, the first time we've done that for 4 years.

I've noticed a lot of folk moaning on jkb, which has come to a crescendo after brora and qots.  I've seen it before.  Suso was the spanish waiter.  Rudi coming back over Harley was a terrible decision.  Fans are fickle and, if we do well next year, most will be happy whoever the manager is.

This guy is taking us nowhere,fast.

We absolutely cannot afford to fund his "ambitions' then spend an eternity offloading dross.He already is in this predicament ,some Levein's more importantly his. I'm afraid you're Cherry picking,but I admire your optimism.

Glamorgan Jambo
18 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

He is. But if hes hearts manager, tallkng about ramming it down folks throats cause we won a match against alloa at home, then hes making a complete fool of himself, and more importantly hes embarrasing the football club.

He's absolutely entitled to make a fool of himself. He is under enormous pressure and last night's result eased the pressure a tiny notch given that it all but wrapped up the title. But he's still under huge pressure. 

Let's agree to disagree that his comments embarrass the football club though. The context of the whole situation explains it not the joy at beating a bunch of part timers.

13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He is also responsible for our worst ever European result...

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Show some dignity ?

led the club to two of the most embarrassing results in the history of the club, churned out garbage week after week, never takes responsibility- always blames something or someone other than himself

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

What result is worse?

I assume you weren't at Dens Park in 1986.

8 minutes from being Champions of Scotland or a defeat by Brora ?

Now let me think which result I think was worst

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

led the club to two of the most embarrassing results in the history of the club, churned out garbage week after week, never takes responsibility- always blames something or someone other than himself

He's not the only manager that does that.

He had to deliver this season and the only way of doing that was to get the club back up.

He's had nowhere to hide all season as every person in the country thought it was just a formality. The consequences of the club not getting promoted would be devastating and pretty disastrous.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

By that standard, losing to bayern was a bigger game so goes down as worst result in our history 😂

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

By that standard, losing to bayern was a bigger game so goes down as worst result in our history 😂

We weren't expected to beat Bayern, we were expected to beat or at least draw against Dundee.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

So to sum up the case for robbies defence.

1. Brora result was only third worst result in the history of the club ( im assuming you were there against kilmarnock?)

2.  There are other shite managers

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

So to sum up the case for robbies defence.

1. Brora result was only third worst result in the history of the club ( im assuming you were there against kilmarnock?)

2.  There are other shite managers

So to sum up - try look at things from a different perspective. Some times it helps to make things not as bad as they seem 👍

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Nookie Bear
32 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Show some dignity ?

Steady on. Next thing you’ll be asking us to clap for him on Thursday evening 😂

Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

We weren't expected to beat Bayern, we were expected to beat or at least draw against Dundee.

As I recall, Dundee had been a bit of a bogey team all season ahead of that final match, we'd struggled against them. We were expected to get a draw, but it was never a gimme, sadly. 

The Brora result was undoubtedly the worst in our history, and was, and still should be, a sacking offence. That was rock bottom, meaning the only way is up, but that shouldn't save Robbie's job.

pettigrewsstylist
50 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Hes not entitled. Hes an employee/ambassador.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well some of the abuse he gets is over the top

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Fair point, can't remember calls for Doddie to be sacked.

It is a silly point. 3.5.86 and 24.4.65 (and 1.1.73)  were huge disappointments but far from the worst results in our history.

85/86 in particular was a monumental achievement by a team that worked hard and played attractive football.

Doddie sacked after taking us to within a goal of the real title and to the cup final?

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤣😅🤣😂

Well some of the abuse he gets is over the top

Personally, no abusen just think hes not done a good job and needs replaced.  As do rest of coaching staff and most of the players. Weve been shite for about 4 years.  Other than youngsters, Id keep Gordon, Smith, Souttar and Boyce. The rest ill be glad to see the back of.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He had to deliver this season and the only way of doing that was to get the club back up.

He's had nowhere to hide all season as every person in the country thought it was just a formality. The consequences of the club not getting promoted would be devastating and pretty disastrous.

We would have won the league without a manager. He isn’t competent,  he is at a club beyond his skillset with expectations he cannot meet.

The season has been crap and he’s responsible for it, he’s cost us hundreds or thousands by getting is knocked out of the league cup by part time Alloa, and Brora Rangers - an absolute disgrace and not once has he taken any responsibility for it.

to add to that he has the cheek to dismiss the fans as external noise. 

Whether it’s today, next week or or in 6 months when he has ruined next season Robbie Neilson will leave hearts and that will be that.  

He will end up managing Alloa or Brora Rangers. That’s his level

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Fair point, can't remember calls for Doddie to be sacked.

desperate stuff there - getting worse :(

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Another one. 

Been having digs at fans all week. 

Lost the plot completely. 

Needs removed ASAP for his own good as well as ours. 😒

He needs to zip it the now.

His post-match comments throughout this season and last have frankly been a bit wtf!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Iain jardine  scored late on to scrape us a draw the previous visit to dens park

liverpool Celtic rangers amongst others who have lost a title on the last or second last day so we’re in good company 

anyone who thought a draw or win was a given that day must have got caught up in the atmosphere 

Mars plastic
15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Dundee definitely the worst. Brora definitely the most embarrassing. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
26 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

whys that worse than losing the league at home to kilmarnock?

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Dundee definitely the worst. Brora definitely the most embarrassing. 

Yip

That's the way I see it

Maroon Sailor
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

whys that worse than losing the league at home to kilmarnock?

Kilmarnock won the league

Dundee didn't even qualify for Europe

Maroon Sailor
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Who do you guys think you are kidding trying to argue away a defeat to Brora Rangers. ****ing stupid 

Nobody is doing that

Watch the game and interviews at the end. Heard the get it up em comment, knew he was most likely meaning the fans, went to bed and never thought about it till I seen this thread had hit 7 pages. 

My opinion on this, for all that it is worth or matters, is he has taken plenty stick recently (quite rightly so) and felt he was entitled to fire back. Now, the rights and wrongs of him doing that aside, it's always my thought with football (and other things in life) that if you dish it out, you have to take it back, regardless. Personally, I felt what he said and how he said it was ill-advised, he could have used it as a chance to build bridges, to say that was for the fans, that the team and him were sorry about the Brora result and standards dropping, etc. But he didn't, he took a perfectly normal human response and came across as petty and childish as a my wife in one of our arguments, which is his right. Now he has to constantly back it up or it will come back at him two fold.