• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• graygo

• kingantti1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Our budget was a lot bigger than most teams in the prem over the last few years.  If you're comparing to the OF, rangers took 2 years to get out of the championship, and were on an upward trajectory after liquidation.  A better comparison though would be with Sunderland, Southampton, etc - big teams who've gone down, then down again, due to being unable to sort out a big mess.  In terms of budget, we've done what we were expected to do this season, the first time we've done that for 4 years.

I've noticed a lot of folk moaning on jkb, which has come to a crescendo after brora and qots.  I've seen it before.  Suso was the spanish waiter.  Rudi coming back over Harley was a terrible decision.  Fans are fickle and, if we do well next year, most will be happy whoever the manager is.

In terms of budget OF is a more accurate comparison. Sunderland etc. Compete in far more competitive leagues with other big clubs with some financial muscle. Hearts are competing with  clubs on a fraction of our resources and in some cases part time. 

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Brora is a town of 1300 people, they have an amateur side who hadn’t played or trained for months. 

no you can’t compare heavy losses to quality sides to losing to an amateur side 

Quite entitled to have a go but at least get the facts right, Brora are not an amateur side, the Highland league is part time senior professional and while Brora has got a small population the players don't need to be part of that population, a 4,000 capacity ground should tell you that.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

6 months of being total pish.... 

That all falls apart when you look at the league table. 

We also knocked hibs out the sc in that time. 

So, the computer says no. 

It's almost as if you don't watch the games......

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Rangers post liquidation losing 2-0 and 3-0 to QoS in 14/15. Beaten by Alloa in the Challenge cup in 14/15.

Rangers haven't won a cup in what 7 years? They can't have been pumped out of every cup in that period by Celtic or us.

Let's add in Hibs getting turned over by Hamilton Accies at home after winning the first leg away 2-0.

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Disagree. For instance, nobody out with Hearts will recall us getting beat off Dunfermline in the first round of the cup after we won it in 2006. Everyone will remember we were papped off the crofters for decades to come. 

That ****ing game was awful 😞 hrrendous performance , Janny (i think) had a few chances to score then they scored really late and I had a migraine going home EEP 😑

Yeah i get what you are saying itll be oh hearts got beat by Brora but same time we were in the Championship so its not dissimilar to Stenny v Aberdeen , Clyde v Celtic in terms of shocks its below Berwick v Rangers.....imo anyway. 

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

That ****ing game was awful 😞 hrrendous performance , Janny (i think) had a few chances to score then they scored really late and I had a migraine going home EEP 😑

Yeah i get what you are saying itll be oh hearts got beat by Brora but same time we were in the Championship so its not dissimilar to Stenny v Aberdeen , Clyde v Celtic in terms of shocks its below Berwick v Rangers.....imo anyway. 

Aye, was a right sore one. We left near the end to get a flyer and were back on the motorway listening to the wireless when they scored. 

Nookie Bear

If you’re having to explain to someone how losing to Brora is a worse defeat than losing to Dundee in 1986 then you have to assume you’re not speaking to a Hearts man. 

Mars plastic
33 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The club is over the Brora defeat, it's only the supporters now that seem to be wallowing in self pity and embarrassment.

While it's fine to have a local rival to constantly beat and take the piss out of, it's certainly not high on my priority list to start giving a flying rubber duck what those spoon burners think of me. 

My advice to the poor souls who aren't over the defeat yet is to grow a pair of stones and stop feeling sorry for yourself. 

It makes football and life in general much more pleasant.

Wee guys like you, the sort who clap like a performing seal when your plane lands at its destination, are perhaps over it but then I don't think you really have a scooby of what football is actually about. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If you’re having to explain to someone how losing to Brora is a worse defeat than losing to Dundee in 1986 then you have to assume you’re not speaking to a Hearts man. 

If you're having to explain why losing a game that even a draw would have seen us win the premier League is a worse defeat than losing in the second round of the Scottish cup then you have to assume that you are not speaking to a Hearts man.

Francis Albert
40 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

So losing a game that would have seen us win the real title wasn't worse than losing in a game which would have got us into the last 16/32 (can't remember which) of the Scottish cup? Ok then if that's what you think, I disagree.

The question is about the worst result in our history not the result with the worst consequence. Or the most disappointing. 

So yes we disagree and your  comparison with losing to Brora as I said silly.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

And now the narrative is that Brora are “not a tinpot, diddy, amateur” outfit 😂😂😂😂😂

No, the narrative is that they are not an amateur team.

Them's facts.

7 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Wee guys like you, the sort who clap like a performing seal when your plane lands at its destination, are perhaps over it but then I don't think you really have a scooby of what football is actually about. 

Your opinions not really high on my priority list either tbh.

Wee guy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

neilson out shouldn’t just be about Brora 

Brora result just a symptom of neilson

neilson just a symptom of queen Ann

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

If you're having to explain why losing a game that even a draw would have seen us win the premier League is a worse defeat than losing in the second round of the Scottish cup then you have to assume that you are not speaking to a Hearts man.

It’s not even a comparison. Devastating defeat versus a humiliation that ended up on the national news. 

Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

No, the narrative is that they are not an amateur team.

Them's facts.

Oh right, I apologise. Practically our equals 😂

Why not just argue it was a freak, humiliating, result that Robbie is going to struggle to get past. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The question is about the worst result in our history not the result with the worst consequence. Or the most disappointing. 

You don't get to decide the meaning of worst for anyone but yourself, for me worst is the one with the worst consequence and most disappointing.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

yup - very obviously

37 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Dancing around like it was a last minute derby winner?

I think you'll find it was noticeable that he didn't celebrate the goal at all. © NANOJAMBO

I think you'll find he was jumping around and hugging his fellow coaches at the first goal....not that it really matters...

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

neilson out shouldn’t just be about Brora 

Brora result just a symptom of neilson

neilson just a symptom of queen Ann

Depends how you want to twist it 🤷‍♂️

One minute it’s “bigger picture”, the next it’s “only as good as your last game”. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s not even a comparison. Devastating defeat versus a humiliation that ended up on the national news. 

Oh right, I apologise. Practically our equals 😂

Why not just argue it was a freak, humiliating, result that Robbie is going to struggle to get past. 

You're not half spouting some pish to try to back yourself up.

1986 was also on the national news and nobody has said that Brora are practically our equals.

Your last sentence is bang on though, well done.

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It all hinges on the definition of "worse", Nookie.

If you're taking it to mean the defeat that had the most severe negative consequences for the club then Dens Park is very difficult to beat.

If instead you're taking "worse" to mean the defeat where we lost against a much smaller club with far less resources than we do, a club that we should have defeated handsomely, then Brora Rangers is very difficult to beat.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

You're not half spouting some pish to try to back yourself up.

1986 was also on the national news and nobody has said that Brora are practically our equals.

Your last sentence is bang on though, well done.

You’re the one comparing Dens Park to Brora. 

I will leave it others to take this on now. 

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

I think you'll find he was jumping around and hugging his fellow coaches at the first goal....not that it really matters...

I know that, I even posted a link to prove it. @NANOJAMBO is the one who is adamant that he never celebrated the goal.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Your opinions not really high on my priority list either tbh.

Wee guy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And you said you would accept a 10-0 defeat at Brora as long as we got promoted. 

Enjoy your day 😂

John Findlay

Football manager takes stick from the supporters, some of the stick, personal, vile, and nasty. His team win a game 6-0, so he gives a little stick back, and these roughie, tougher supporters take the hump at getting some of their medicine back. Oh diddums.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It all hinges on the definition of "worse", Nookie.

If you're taking it to mean the defeat that had the most severe negative consequences for the club then Dens Park is very difficult to beat.

If instead you're taking "worse" to mean the defeat where we lost against a much smaller club with far less resources than we do, a club that we should have defeated handsomely, then Brora Rangers is very difficult to beat.

I would say Kilmarnock 65 affected Hearts far more than Dens 86.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You don't get to decide the meaning of worst for anyone but yourself, for me worst is the one with the worst consequence and most disappointing.

In 1965 and 1986 there were even strong other contenders for worst result.  In 1965 losing 1-7 to Dundee (them again) at home and In 1986 drawing with Aberdeen and especially failing to score more than one goal against Clydebank in the pre-penultimate and penultimate league games respectively.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Football manager takes stick from the supporters, some of the stick, personal, vile, and nasty. His team win a game 6-0, so he gives a little stick back, and these roughie, tougher supporters take the hump at getting some of their medicine back. Oh diddums.

Keyboard hard men not as hard as they think they are shock.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And you said you would accept a 10-0 defeat at Brora as long as we got promoted. 

Enjoy your day 😂

Is that worse than this belter from @HighTimes

"At this point, I think it'd be better all round for us if we don't go up, if that's the price of getting rid of Neilson (and, preferably, Budge)."

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In 1965 and 1986 there were even strong other contenders for worst result.  In 1965 losing 1-7 to Dundee (them again) at home and In 1986 drawing with Aberdeen and especially failing to score more than one goal against Clydebank in the pre-penultimate and penultimate league games respectively.

1965 is way before my time so I'll defer to your better judgement on that but glad you agree that losing to Brora isn't the worst. 👍

Maroon Sailor
33 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

If you think that losing at Dens was worse than losing to Brora then you’re delusional.

Dens was THE joint most heartbreaking result in our history but by no means the worst.

Dundee were pushing for Europe. They were a bit of a bogey team for us. Had a decent record against us. We’d drawn with them twice that season. Kenny Black missed a penalty up there on a cold December Saturday first time we were there. 

Brora, part time non league team, hadn’t played in weeks before they went there. Some players had done a days graft before we played them.

Wage difference between us and Dundee. Probably not that much in those days. Wage difference between us and part time non league Brora. Astronomical. 

I’d wager losing in cup to Forfar and East Stirling in league back in 80s were worse results than Dens.

Feck off 🤣

Any Hearts fan old enough to remember Dens 86 will probably say that is the worse day of their Hearts supporting lives. Funnily enough it coincides with the result that day.

Guest ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Is that worse than this belter from @HighTimes

"At this point, I think it'd be better all round for us if we don't go up, if that's the price of getting rid of Neilson (and, preferably, Budge)."

But that's just an example of having high standards and not accepting failure surely? Perfectly sensible.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Feck off 🤣

Any Hearts fan old enough to remember Dens 86 will probably say that is the worse day of their Hearts supporting lives. Funnily enough it coincides with the result that day.

All of us who were around then still have the scars from that day, no matter how fondly a lot of us ultimately remember that whole season. No-one will even be talking about that Brora result in 5 years never mind 35. (Doesn't excuse it but all clubs have these horror results to varying degrees of horror. I can't be alone in not being that surprised with that result. Just like you know a team on a bad run will end that run against us, it was all set up to be a bad day.)

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

But that's just an example of having high standards and not accepting failure surely? Perfectly sensible.

:rofl:

"There'll be a few pundits that aren't happy tonight so it's good to ram it down their throat"

The above is the proper quote, but some on here (not pundits) believe it's aimed at them...doubt it!

Robbie refers to a few, not hundreds and them being unhappy last night, every Jambo worth their salt should've been happy with last nights demolition... 

Edited by OBE

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And now the narrative is that Brora are “not a tinpot, diddy, amateur” outfit 😂😂😂😂😂

Brora did what teams up against it and written off do in football quite frequently (the best example is maybe Denmark winning the Euros) - they had nothing to lose and pulled together to get a one-off incredible result. We very nearly did it ourselves this season against Celtic. That would have been, given the circumstances and opposition, our greatest ever cup win. This kind of thing is what makes football so brilliant. It's just unfortunate we were on the receiving end this time.

In Brora's case, they were helped by coming up against a team that was completely misfiring with a manager who - Neilson's biggest downside for me - sometimes doesn't seem to take the cups seriously enough.

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Nope football manager takes stick for underachieving as manager, club can't afford to sack him and his backroom staff as it means funding coming out of James Andersons pocket or Ann budge as club is skint. 

That's how I see it. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

1965 is way before my time so I'll defer to your better judgement on that but glad you agree that losing to Brora isn't the worst. 👍

I didn't of course agree. But if it makes you happy to think so.

I was there at the Killie game in 1965 and remember it all too well. And the 1-7 defeat to Dundee when our goal was an own goal. Both could be said to have cost us the title but the Dundee result was a worse result. Killie were a good side and obviously close title contenders and main rivals. And we were not a great side or consistent one.

merseyjambo
16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Feck off 🤣

Dens was the most heartbreaking but Dundee were a Premier League team. It was the worst day of a lot of fans lives.

From a purely football perspective losing at home to Forfar in the cup and East Stirling in the league is worse.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Brora did what teams up against it and written off do in football quite frequently (the best example is maybe Denmark winning the Euros) - they had nothing to lose and pulled together to get a one-off incredible result. We very nearly did it ourselves this season against Celtic. That would have been, given the circumstances and opposition, our greatest ever cup win. This kind of thing is what makes football so brilliant. It's just unfortunate we were on the receiving end this time.

In Brora's case, they were helped by coming up against a team that was completely misfiring with a manager who - Neilson's biggest downside for me - sometimes doesn't seem to take the cups seriously enough.

😂 you aren’t comparing hearts nearly getting a result against Celtic with Brora beating hearts.

for **** sake.

it wasn’t unfortunate, it was the direct result of a poor manager failing to motivate his team

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Depends how you want to twist it 🤷‍♂️

One minute it’s “bigger picture”, the next it’s “only as good as your last game”. 

Bigger picture includes the league tho. 

This season 

Sc last years beat hibs, final. 

Lc alloa last 16

Sc Brora before it started 

League - promoted as champions. 

Sack him or keep him on that, everything else is just piss and wind (opinion or in the past) - his past record, what folk think will happen - irrelevant. 

Base it on the 4 competitions this season. 

IMO that leaves it 50/50, but promotion and league position carries more weight than cup performance. Some may differ on that. 

For example if we'd won the sc v Celtic I'd feel the same. 2 penalties wouldn't have moved me either way, so with that in mind I'll take the Brora result the same way. 

2 tournaments ok

2 bad. 

50/50. 

Sack him, keep him?

merseyjambo
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dennark in the Euros. A team of full time professionals who had to win 5 or 6 games to win a tournament or losing to a team of part time players who had been working during the day

Trying to compare the final against Celtic 

How low are the Robbie and Ann fans stooping 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

merseyjambo
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

All of us who were around then still have the scars from that day, no matter how fondly a lot of us ultimately remember that whole season. No-one will even be talking about that Brora result in 5 years never mind 35. (Doesn't excuse it but all clubs have these horror results to varying degrees of horror. I can't be alone in not being that surprised with that result. Just like you know a team on a bad run will end that run against us, it was all set up to be a bad day.)

They still talk about Berwick Rangers beating Glasgow Rangers and that was 1967 and Brora was a bigger upset than that

Board was better while you and SRB were miffed but one result against bottom of pile brings you out again

36 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I know that, I even posted a link to prove it. @NANOJAMBO is the one who is adamant that he never celebrated the goal.

Doesnt really matter.........................................👍

"worst result" is subjective, so whatever anyone thinks is the "worst result" is correct.

Can we move on now?

Anyway Arbroath have equalised against Raith, Dundee losing and Dunfermline drawing 😁

Edited by Awbdy Oot