"Delighted to ram it down their throats."

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

I wouldn't be trying to justify anything a few days after losing to Brora. It seems obvious he believes the stick is undeserved. Extraordinary.

Criticism is fine but some of the personal abuse has been way over the top. 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• graygo

• kingantti1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yes, we'll done Bob, you beat Alloa.

Harsh.  That was the team we were playing, so what more could be expected?

ScottieMac17

Tbh I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He is standing up for himself. He's been under pressure and has been getting pelters. He won't be happy with recent weeks and getting pelters won't be helping him or the team. We played well tonight and it's obviously what the team can do and should be doing. Hopefully we can kick on from this and finish well. Give us momentum for next season or so he leaves on a high.

With the folk saying "it's only Alloa...blah blah", winning 6-0 is what we should be doing against teams like that, if we won 1-0... Folk would moan, if we got drew or got beat folk would moan. Tonight was a good win and a good performance, stop looking for reasons to moan. 

ford donald
1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Elvis one I presume. Speaking of which looked absolutely hilarious tonight. sounded it too but that's just as per usual.

Something not right there...

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If only I could believe his reaction is to personal abuse rather than folks questioning his ability

Edited by Riccarton3

Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

But which pundits were Neilson referring to in his interview?

most of them, when your down, everyone wants a kick.

It's not what he said, but the way he said it that irked me.

Robbie was pleased we played well and one tonight - as we all are. To me he implied us pundits have no right to be unhappy we drew a few and lost a game in recent weeks. He feels tonight's performance rammed it down our critisism down our throats.

In recent weeks we lost to Brora and QotS. Tonight we beat the part time team who sit bottom of our league - being a Friday, while our squad prepped for tonights match, a number of the opposing players were probably doing their proper jobs. 

Robbie would have been better to acknowledge tonight was a much improved performance by us and leave it at that. He's badly misread the room by adding the down their throats comment.

Robbie has had support in the media, so I 100% agree the comment was directed at fan pundits.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Agreed.

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Agreed.

We need far more criticism but far less personal abuse IMO. 

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Agree. League is won, start planning for next season. What's done is done, look forward to being back at Tynecastle to watch real time football that doesn't lag😁

9 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

most of them, when your down, everyone wants a kick.

It wasn’t most of them - Stewart, Sutton, Pressley et all very supportive of Neilson.

48 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Think you’ll find it was your hero who turned us into an embarrassment with the list of horror results on his CV. No need to reply as it’ll no doubt be more utter tripe like the one I’ve just responded to. 

...... I think it’s time for you to go to bed 💤 

Voice of reason

My immediate thought was ‘Ryan Stevenson’ when he made that comment. I don’t think it was aimed at the fans at all. 

ShortmanRossco
1 hour ago, Independence said:

...and good for him then. It is KB that has turned into Hearts embarrassment. So sad that so many on here were probably hoping Hearts would get beat tonight. Shame on you. No need to reply, I can hear you thumping away on your key boards already!!!

I'll reply to you all the same. I want Hearts to win every game. We didn't beat Brora. Our players train 5 days a week and get paid for a living. Their players play football as a part time earner. We are the third biggest team in Scotland, they aren't even in the league. Good for Robbie Neilson that he thinks hammering a team that, with the greatest of respect..... Deserve to be be hammered in terms of our stature in relation to ours eh? 

**** off. 

22 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

My immediate thought was ‘Ryan Stevenson’ when he made that comment. I don’t think it was aimed at the fans at all. 

For what it's worth Stevo would smash Robbie 👍

Cut The Crap

Good win but a graceless comment from Robbie afterwards. Taking on the fans never ends well. 😔

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

How bloody low can you take us Neilson?

Reactionary performance more than a staple.  Can he transform Hearts to make it more like the latter?

Alloa players were likely working their day jobs all day today before they played.  Like Brora players did. Not having a go but that’s the truth of it. 
he should of just said we played well as we would expect to and it’s how he expects us to apply and play every week.

having a dig at the pundits or fans or whoever is bad patter. Pissing either set off is not going to do any favours when things turn sour again. In my opinion it was ill thought out remarks and he should know better regardless of his thoughts.

of course if he wins the remaining 3 games with such gusto he will have some credit in the bank with a few who were borderline in wanting him out

Edited by 1971fozzy

BRAVEHEART1874

yep prob a dig at some of the kb ones that have posted the same comments over and over and over on every singe thread, aye maybe ;)  i8 has some amount of offspring on  here these days.  But the only the greedy, pirates or hamilton jambo questionaires or spacemen i beleive that cancelled their foh couldn't have, as they were either on  apollo 204 or hibsed it.  Mciness next year? dont think it would be any diff really, Sergio poss

The general narrative of the last month or so has been the majority of the media acting perplexed at the strength of feeling of Hearts fans in wanting RN gone - bar a couple of pundits. It would be strange if his reference to pundits hadn't included Hearts fans. 

That aside, it's telling  that he thinks that beating the worst team in the league at home comfortably gives him ammunition against criticism. It's consistent with his response of late where it's a blip, one or two performances etc. Which is of course delusional and only reinforces Hearts fans desire to see him gone because ultimately nothing will change when he cannot or will not face his flaws.  In 24(?) league games this season he has roused a decent performance in 3 of them. Dundee at home, Raith away and today. Eveything else has been somewhere between barely adequate to once a generation horrendous. 

So even in victory his response tells me he isn't the man for the job. He lacks self awareness and self criticism that marks out a good manager.  And today just really shows up how far away he's been from par performances albeit against part time opposition. 

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good stuff. 

Showing a bit off passion and personality. 

Folk give him dogs, he gives a bit back and folk start greetin. 

It does not make up for the Brora game but winning games and getting promotion is a start. 

Onward and forwards. 

Even claiming the dig is about them

when he didnt say fans 

very celticky - always the victims 

7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I didn't see this so wondering why it's assumed to be pundits rather than fans? 

Because he said pundits.

Don’t get it. As others have said most pundits have had a go at the fans, not him. Dig at fans IMO.

Finlay James

He can talk all he likes.  That performance last night should not be the exception but that is exactly what this team rarely produces and he is responsible.

A proper manager would have us doing that week after week and have a bench with academy players getting valuable minutes when we are 3-0 at half time.

8 hours ago, karipidis said:

Not sure many pundits have been that critical of him. Strange comment. 

I wonder if he was actually referring to us fans rather than the pundits?

merseyjambo

Classless turd.

Way he’s giving it the big one about last night you’d think we’d just turned over Barca 6-0 not a team of part timers who are going down.

Start playing like that against  full time teams at top of our league and in premier then you an make comments like that.

Until then pipe down you tit

8 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Allan Preston for one. I would even suggest Levein after his recent comments. If he’s going to be our manager next year I’d like to see that side of Neilson more. 

And most definitely Ryan Stevenson. Although I've personally agreed with most of what Stevenson has said. 

12 minutes ago, stotty said:

And most definitely Ryan Stevenson. Although I've personally agreed with most of what Stevenson has said. 

Yep there are a few candidates. Notably all previously associated with the club. Can't think of any other than English who has been vocal. But then that is maybe too much for a Championship manager

Before some games recently when Hearts were idle there was talk from some of 4 ahead with 4 to play and squeaky bum time. The same posters now refer to other posters as arseholes or worse for not seeing the bigger picture! Which is it boys?

Edited by Riccarton3

12 minutes ago, stotty said:

Not sure that Ryan has been too hard on Robbie. In his Daily Record piece he was giving the players stick rather than the management team.

That said, I’m not complaining about Robbie’s comment - at least it shows that he’s got a bit about him.

colinmaroon

Wonder if he would have played that long awaited attacking formation if Kingsley had been fit?

Would Halliday have played in midfield at the expense of McEneff.

I think Robbie's entitled to respond to the criticism and abuse but it could have been said better, as can much of the abuse he's had.

Was that formation solely his choice or was he "advised" that the overcautious style was counterproductive.

If he can finish the season playing football at that pace (noticeable change last night) and going at teams, especially at places like Alloa, then I will back off my call for him to go at the moment.

Add Gino to that mix and, if Henderson becomes a consistent threat when he plays, plus retention of Haring (a must) and another good central defender, and play people in their positions, there's a chance for him.

Gnando needs to toughen up but he has been a good target man and he needs to practice heading the ball rather than letting it bounce off his noggin.   

I pray that Soutar and Haring stay fit.

9 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Listen I think Robbie needs to go but what do you expect from him. He’s on the verge of winning the league, whether you loathe him or not he’s purely standing up for himself, get over it

Correct.

I expect he's gonna come a cropper (bar some massive turnaround); however, some Hearts fans make you wonder if they put hate above all other considerations.

A_A wehatethehibs

To be fair if Stevo and Preston and others on all the podcasts etc hadn’t piped up about how shite we’ve been, would we have got that reaction? We’ve drifted at the worst possible moment and got knocked out the cup in disgrace. You need pundits to get stuck in when it’s not good enough because managers will rarely listen to fans. 

Robbie will know deep down, he has deserved the pelters. The teams performance has been awful. And Brora is something he can now only recover from if he lifts silverware. That is the only way back from a disgrace like that with the fans. But for now he’s doing all he can do and defending himself, coming out swinging.

He is taking the club up and will be at the wheel for a season which is of massive importance to the Hearts fans. Our club was wronged by the vote. So it is time for retribution, that last night was Alloas retribution. So he knows the expectations of the fans, last night is the expectation to be dished out to clubs next season. 

He thinks he’s turned a corner and it’s all good again.

A 6-0 win against part timers who were working the day of the game is hardly a result to gloat about. 

Amateur hour from Neilson who is clutching straws as he tries to recover from the worst result in history. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be fair if Stevo and Preston and others on all the podcasts etc hadn’t piped up about how shite we’ve been, would we have got that reaction? We’ve drifted at the worst possible moment and got knocked out the cup in disgrace. You need pundits to get stuck in when it’s not good enough because managers will rarely listen to fans. 

Robbie will know deep down, he has deserved the pelters. The teams performance has been awful. And Brora is something he can now only recover from if he lifts silverware. That is the only way back from a disgrace like that with the fans. But for now he’s doing all he can do and defending himself, coming out swinging.

He is taking the club up and will be at the wheel for a season which is of massive importance to the Hearts fans. Our club was wronged by the vote. So it is time for retribution, that last night was Alloas retribution. So he knows the expectations of the fans, last night is the expectation to be dished out to clubs next season. 

we have a bus driver at the wheel of a racing car. No matter how hard he tries he won’t find the line consistently. 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aw the oot crowd won't be there tho. 

They aren't coming back until he leaves. 

😀

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

we have a bus driver at the wheel of a racing car. No matter how hard he tries he won’t find the line consistently. 

what you got against bus drivers? 

10 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It would be pretty funny if he turned things round and came good tbh. Certain fans would probably spontaneously combust, just wouldn’t be able to compute it. He has took stick so if he gets performances like that he can say what he wants post match. He will need to basically win European silverware to ever come back from Brora tho tbh 

Funny. But unlikely.

4 minutes ago, kila said:

He thinks he’s turned a corner and it’s all good again.

A 6-0 win against part timers who were working the day of the game is hardly a result to gloat about. 

Amateur hour from Neilson who is clutching straws as he tries to recover from the worst result in history. 

Absolutely but the bigger worry is that I don't believe for a minute that Budge sees it the way most fans do and has any intention of removing him at the end of the season. Budge doesn't seem to want unity at the club sadly. 

7 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Reactionary performance more than a staple.  Can he transform Hearts to make it more like the latter?

Hopefully we don't get to find out.

Neilson Out.

8 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

This result can ram nothing down Ryan’s throat, i 100% agree with everything he’s said about the club and Robbie.

I’M WITH RYAN STEVENSON :)

The fact is, if we're sticking 5 past hibs and rangers in 5 months time we'll all be ecstatic.

I still think him and AB have to go but if they don't and we turn everything around - brilliant.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hopefully we don't get to find out.

Neilson Out.

Agree ! He's 100% not the right man to lead us in premiership and if he does get to next season will be struggle

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

100%.

He's a complete joke. 

Says the person with a genuine arsehole and complete joke as his avatar. :lol:

46 minutes ago, S Form said:

Not sure that Ryan has been too hard on Robbie. In his Daily Record piece he was giving the players stick rather than the management team.

That said, I’m not complaining about Robbie’s comment - at least it shows that he’s got a bit about him.

Comments about anyone at Hearts thinking it's been good enough 'kidding the fans on' was definitely aimed at Robbie tbh. And I agree that he's kidding the fans on, even now he's trying to make out this is all down to 2 bad games.