"Delighted to ram it down their throats."

tartofmidlothian

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah. 

As I have said I could understand if he was sacked. I still do. 

However, I can also see why, on promotion he won't be. 

Most fans will also think like that, the small rabble making the noise will continue, hopefully as they promise not inside Tynecastle. 

Most will - on promotion look forward to next season, whoever the manager is and back them and the team. 

Funnily enough, wanting Hearts to win football games while wanting a change of manager are not mutually exclusive.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• graygo

• kingantti1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Funnily enough, wanting Hearts to win football games while wanting a change of manager are not mutually exclusive.

Never said they were. 

For most, even myself the Brora result could easily have been a sacking. 

However, if results improve and we get promoted most will look forward and get behind the team whoever the manager is. 

If Robbie is replaced I'll back the new man. If he's not I'll back him. 

8 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Good Naval terminology that 😉

🚢

No one will remember he beat bottom of the league Alloa to ram it down peoples throat after weeks of rubbish results and performances but will remember getting pumped out the cup by Brora. As they say one swallow doesnt make a summer.

Just now, jackal said:

No one will remember he beat bottom of the league Alloa to ram it down peoples throat after weeks of rubbish results and performances but will remember getting pumped out the cup by Brora. As they say one swallow doesnt make a summer.

Nicely put 👍

Libertarian

The only pundit I can remember criticising Robbie was Alan Preston. Elvis defended Robbie on Sportsound a few nights ago 

Bad Religion
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said they were. 

However, if results improve and we get promoted most will look forward and get behind the team whoever the manager is. 

Just make sure you cover all bases Tosh 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, jackal said:

When we’re twiddling our thumbs next Saturday instead of a Cup Derby, the comments will look a bit daft.

Don’t mind him saying them though as long as they directed at pundits and not supporters.

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said they were. 

Are you a politician? 

10 minutes ago, jackal said:

Indeed. But one Robbie made a winter of dire results and tragic football.

All roads lead to Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You think it’s a “small group” of Hearts fans that want Neilson out? 🙈

No matter how hard I try I still struggle to meet this large group who want him to stay. Funny that 

Nookie Bear

“Small rabble”

Wait til we are allowed back in and see how small it is. Blow this nonsense right out of the water. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Brora still outweighs a 6-0 Alloa win at home and probably a second tier championship win with the prospect of all the chopping and changing of player's, formations, tactics, scattergun signings with Neilson and Budge still in charge for next season certainly doesn't fill me with confidence of getting Hearts back into the top 4 with an attractive attacking style of play or any style of play, you just know we will have to go over this episode at the end of the year, it's going to be a long summer 

The fact that Robbie Nelson thinks he's ramming anything down anyones throat by beating a part time team at  bottom of the championship tells its own story.

Neilson out.

Poor from Neilson. Had a chance after that performance to get a few fans back on board. A little bit of contrition might have helped.

17 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

No matter how hard I try I still struggle to meet this large group who want him to stay. Funny that 

You will find them residing in Tosh’s head! 😉

29 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are you a politician? 

Nope - he’s the Clubs unofficial spin doctor. 😉

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are you a politician? 

No, but I've been told by many I should be😂😂

Problem is I have a shady past, there's records and photos, the right wing media would destroy me. 🤔

I'm involved at a local level tho, so you never know! 

Can I count on your vote 👍

59 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I suspect he knows that time for his spell in charge is coming to an end and instead of just saying something like "that is how I should have been approaching every game" he went on a verbal wander again. Sounded like the target was the fans rather than pundits.

Two moments for me; when the first goal went in , it was like him & Elbaes went out of their way to NOT celebrate and when he just walked off the pitch at the end, as if this is all beneath him.

Something's not right at the club and Boyce's comments/demeanour post match confirm it IMO.

Bazzas right boot

P

12 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Poor from Neilson. Had a chance after that performance to get a few fans back on board. A little bit of contrition might have helped.

Whatever he said, the noisey boys would have went mental. 

I think all fans know it wasn't aimed at the general fan base who had a right to be angry at recent results. 

If anything, It's a dig at the plane hiring, phoodle posters , bed sheet hanging goons who have wanted him gone from the start.

He also aid pundits, maybe he meant pundits. Likley English?

54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Such a ringing endorsement for Neilson. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

P

I think all fans know it wasn't aimed at the general fan base who had a right to be angry at recent results. 

If anything, It's a dig at the plane hiring, phoodle posters , bed sheet hanging goons who have wanted him gone from the start.

You mean the hundreds who cancelled FOH subs, the guy who went on Sportsound this week ? 

That rabble ? 

10 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

The fact that Robbie Nelson thinks he's ramming anything down anyones throat by beating a part time team at  bottom of the championship tells its own story.

Neilson out.

His comments are in the context of beating alloa 6-0 to put us 14 points clear at the top of the championship.  This virtually guarantees promotion, which was the main objective at the start of the season.  

Beating alloa 6-0 definitely rams it down the throats of the strange bunch of jkb trolls who predicted we'd struggle against alloa - look at the pre-match predictions on the match thread for proof.  We've lost 4 out of 24 league games and promotion has never looked in doubt, so good to get back to a decent win after some tough weeks.  Panic merchants can chill out a bit now!

Francis Albert

At the fourth time of asking we get a decent performance and result against the worst team by some margin in the second division.  And Robbie thinks he is ramming something down the throats of someone or other... not an image I want to pursue really.

God knows I have seen a lot of bad managers in the last 60 years - the 60s and 70s had a particularly rich seam of them. But almost all maintained the sort of dignity that should apply to a manager of Heart of Midlothian FC.

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

His comments are in the context of beating alloa 6-0 to put us 14 points clear at the top of the championship.  This virtually guarantees promotion, which was the main objective at the start of the season.  

Beating alloa 6-0 definitely rams it down the throats of the strange bunch of jkb trolls who predicted we'd struggle against alloa - look at the pre-match predictions on the match thread for proof.  We've lost 4 out of 24 league games and promotion has never looked in doubt, so good to get back to a decent win after some tough weeks.  Panic merchants can chill out a bit now!

Indeed. The championship.

The fact he thinks hes ramming anything down  anyones throat, by winning the championship,  as hearts manager, also tells its own story.

merseyjambo
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

P

.*Noisy boys. Really

The people that can see how shite our football has been and believe he’s not the man to take us forward.

The only noise that is coming is the crap that you and Toque spout about how wonderful the world is with Robbie in charge.

Nice to see both of you back and giving it the big one after beating part time team who are bottom of the league 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

The only pundit I can remember criticising Robbie was Alan Preston. Elvis defended Robbie on Sportsound a few nights ago 

Alan Preston is a vermin loving dickhead.

Robbo-Jambo
13 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Sly did at the fans? :gfy:

Another one. 

Been having digs at fans all week. 

Lost the plot completely. 

Needs removed ASAP for his own good as well as ours. 😒

9 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

.*Noisy boys. Really

Nice to see both of you back and giving it the big one after beating part time team who are bottom of the league 

That is the level Neilson has dragged some of our support down to.

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

The fact he thinks hes ramming anything down  anyones throat, by winning the championship,  as hearts manager, also tells its own story.

I share your ambition, we should never be in this league again.  We should be looking at cup finals and european spots every season, we should build from there and compete for the league every so often, we should play exciting football.  Since Neilson left 3 (?) years ago we have been in free fall.  We've become fodder for teams who we should always beat - st mirren, hamilton.  

Neilson can't do anything else than his best to get us out of this league and take it from there.  He clearly feels the extent of the recent criticism, which has built over a season which has been moderately successful, job done type, apart from the awful 2021 cup performances.  He is entitled to bite back, imo.

I give Neilson a lot of credit for this season.  I hoped we'd have enough to get back up straight away, but was far from convinced.  He's taken a disjointed squad and got us to a point where most fans are not even impressed at winning the championship, that in itself shows how things have changed.  We won a handful of games last season.

The narrative for a lot of posters on here seems to be that RN is a terrible manager that deserves no credit.  A lot of hearts fans are raging at Neilson and blame him for the way we all feel about the club at the moment, angry.  I feel differently.  I'm angry that the league + other clubs demoted us.  If that hadn't happened I'm convinced (90%) that we'd have stayed up and won the cup, and we'd have been able to get the much needed better players in last summer under Stendel.  Alas, here we are, but at least we're looking up and can see brighter times.

12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

.*Noisy boys. Really

The people that can see how shite our football has been and believe he’s not the man to take us forward.

The only noise that is coming is the crap that you and Toque spout about how wonderful the world is with Robbie in charge.

It’s embarrassing.  It’s a bunch of the same posters who’ve had their heads in the sand for the last 3 years.  Sinking along with the sinking ship, defiant until the end. The water level is about neck height just now.  

portobellojambo1

Last night was an opportunity for him to show some dignity, to acknowledge that over the last few months we  have looked anything and everything but convincing and at the very least admit to his own mistakes. It was a chance to at least partiallly redeem himself but unlike his football he went on the attack, deflecting blame towards/at others.

I share your ambition, we should never be in this league again.  We should be looking at cup finals and european spots every season, we should build from there and compete for the league every so often, we should play exciting football.  Since Neilson left 3 (?) years ago we have been in free fall.  We've become fodder for teams who we should always beat - st mirren, hamilton.  

Neilson can't do anything else than his best to get us out of this league and take it from there.  He clearly feels the extent of the recent criticism, which has built over a season which has been moderately successful, job done type, apart from the awful 2021 cup performances.  He is entitled to bite back, imo.

I give Neilson a lot of credit for this season.  I hoped we'd have enough to get back up straight away, but was far from convinced.  He's taken a disjointed squad and got us to a point where most fans are not even impressed at winning the championship, that in itself shows how things have changed.  We won a handful of games last season.

The narrative for a lot of posters on here seems to be that RN is a terrible manager that deserves no credit.  A lot of hearts fans are raging at Neilson and blame him for the way we all feel about the club at the moment, angry.  I feel differently.  I'm angry that the league + other clubs demoted us.  If that hadn't happened I'm convinced (90%) that we'd have stayed up and won the cup, and we'd have been able to get the much needed better players in last summer under Stendel.  Alas, here we are, but at least we're looking up and can see brighter times.

Sorry but our squad and budget dwarfs any other club in this league.  To be concerned we'd make it back up is akin to the OF worrying about finishing in the top 2. It would take a management failure on a monumental level. 

And if you've been paying attention, or have any critical faculties whatsoever you'd know why the vast majoeity of hearts fans won't be looking forward to brighter times until RN has gone. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said they were. 

Very sensible approach.

Like the optomism 😁

For me, failing to win the championship easily wouldve been a horrendous failure. Weve got a massive budget advantage and facilities advantage compared to teams were up against.

For me had had 4 goals. Scottish cup * 2. League cup. Championship.

Did well v hibs. Missed opportunity v celtic 

Sackable offence losing to alloa in cup 2.

Sackable offence losing to brora in cup 3.  They had had a few training sessions hadnt even played for months.  Were full time with training facilities etc.

Championship job done now, with zero style and 3 or 4 decent performances throughout the whole season, and a plethora of poor results and performances against teams we should be pummeling.

8 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

He's taken a disjointed squad and got us to a point where most fans are not even impressed at winning the championship, that in itself shows how things have changed.  We won a handful of games last season.  

It's great he's got us promoted. But the so called blips were really rather bad though, and there's little to suggest these blips won't happen next season too.

Last night it looked like the shackles were off. But is that Neilson's preferred way? Or will the safety-first approach creep back in and we'll struggle to beat the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren next season...

Edited by kila

I’d give Tom English credit for calling out the players as “weak” and “bad professionals”. I’d imagine those words stung the players into action more than anything monotone Rob/Bob/Boab/Bobby could mumble.

The Mighty Thor

This thread is a masterclass in revisionism.

A win against the posties and bus drivers and the shills have rediscovered their cojones and are back slavering about how good Bob is and always has been.

Nothing has changed. 

Neilson needs to go. 

The whole football department needs to go.

Budge needs to go. 

Most of the wage thieves need to go. 

20 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Another one. 

Been having digs at fans all week. 

Lost the plot completely. 

Needs removed ASAP for his own good as well as ours. 😒

After expecting and wanting to beat Alloa last night, just like I did v Raith, Morton, QotS, Brora Dunfermline etc, can Robbie tell me whether I should follow City orUtd this weekend.

5 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Sorry but our squad and budget dwarfs any other club in this league.  To be concerned we'd make it back up is akin to the OF worrying about finishing in the top 2. It would take a management failure on a monumental level. 

And if you've been paying attention, or have any critical faculties whatsoever you'd know why the vast majoeity of hearts fans won't be looking forward to brighter times until RN has gone. 

Our budget was a lot bigger than most teams in the prem over the last few years.  If you're comparing to the OF, rangers took 2 years to get out of the championship, and were on an upward trajectory after liquidation.  A better comparison though would be with Sunderland, Southampton, etc - big teams who've gone down, then down again, due to being unable to sort out a big mess.  In terms of budget, we've done what we were expected to do this season, the first time we've done that for 4 years.

I've noticed a lot of folk moaning on jkb, which has come to a crescendo after brora and qots.  I've seen it before.  Suso was the spanish waiter.  Rudi coming back over Harley was a terrible decision.  Fans are fickle and, if we do well next year, most will be happy whoever the manager is.

9 minutes ago, kila said:

It's great he's got us promoted. But the so called blips were really rather bad though, and there's little to suggest these blips won't happen next season too.

Last night it looked like the shackles were off. But is that Neilson's preferred way? Or will the safety-first approach creep back in and we'll struggle to beat the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren next season...

He has a good record in the prem against the teams you mention.  How he'll be if kept on for next year, I assume he will be, we'll have to wait and see!  I'm excited to see what we do this summer, as the players brought in recently have looked a better standard.  

2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Our budget was a lot bigger than most teams in the prem over the last few years.

In terms of budget, we've done what we were expected to do this season, 

And the managers who presided over those failures of past few seasons were eventually sacked even if it took too long to do it.

We were NOT expected to be knocked out of both cups by part time teams, one of whom hadnt played a game for months.

13 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Like the optomism 😁

For me, failing to win the championship easily wouldve been a horrendous failure. Weve got a massive budget advantage and facilities advantage compared to teams were up against.

For me had had 4 goals. Scottish cup * 2. League cup. Championship.

Did well v hibs. Missed opportunity v celtic 

Sackable offence losing to alloa in cup 2.

Sackable offence losing to brora in cup 3.  They had had a few training sessions hadnt even played for months.  Were full time with training facilities etc.

Championship job done now, with zero style and 3 or 4 decent performances throughout the whole season, and a plethora of poor results and performances against teams we should be pummeling.

👍 Should be an interesting summer whatever happens.  I still feel sick about those penalties v celtic, what could have been!

2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

👍 Should be an interesting summer whatever happens.  I still feel sick about those penalties v celtic, what could have been!

Im more sick that we didnt go for it from the start. They were there for the taking as various defeats from diddy teams around that time showed.  Robbie bottled it as per usual and only had a go once we were behind.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Christ, Neilson really is a moron, isn't he? Who give sa **** he beat the worst team we'll see at Tynecastle this year 6-0? Fun to watch, I grant you, but means **** all.

Nookie Bear
32 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Entitled to bite back? He has barely accepted responsibility for Brora and all the other mess and now thinks he can bite back after beating Alloa?

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Two moments for me; when the first goal went in , it was like him & Elbaes went out of their way to NOT celebrate and when he just walked off the pitch at the end, as if this is all beneath him.

Something's not right at the club and Boyce's comments/demeanour post match confirm it IMO.

That first part is just not true, in fact the opposite is what happened. RN and LM actually over celebrated the first goal if anything.

bajthejambo
48 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Agreed. Seeking to atone for losses to Brora Rangers and QOTS by beating Alloa at home is not something to be smug about.

Our season didn't have to be defined simply by promotion.

He really is not the 'sharpest tool in the box'. He mumbles through another interview, takes no blame for the pish that we have all had to endure, he has lost the dressing room and then has the audacity to talk about ramming it down some people's throats after beating rock bottom Alloa, he is an embarassment to himself and to the club.

It really is time for this shyster to go along with his coaching staff and they can take John Murray with them.

I would also like to see Mrs Budge removing her input/decision making from any footballing matters in the future and would like to hear something from the Chief Executive, anything, his silence is deafening.

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

That first part is just not true, in fact the opposite is what happened. RN and LM actually over celebrated the first goal if anything.

Some on here just take delight in verbally kicking whichever manager is in charge. There’s a large element on here that just like moaning.