"Delighted to ram it down their throats."

tartofmidlothian

Bad Religion
25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Brora did what teams up against it and written off do in football quite frequently (the best example is maybe Denmark winning the Euros) - they had nothing to lose and pulled together to get a one-off incredible result. We very nearly did it ourselves this season against Celtic. That would have been, given the circumstances and opposition, our greatest ever cup win. This kind of thing is what makes football so brilliant. It's just unfortunate we were on the receiving end this time.

In Brora's case, they were helped by coming up against a team that was completely misfiring with a manager who - Neilson's biggest downside for me - sometimes doesn't seem to take the cups seriously enough.

£60,000,000 has been put into the club by supporters and James Anderson over the past 7 years. Beaten by Brora Rangers. 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• graygo

• kingantti1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs

Neilson is a top top manager. I reckon that game there vs Alloa is just the start. The commencement of his rise. I reckon he’s going to go down in history as the greatest of all times. 

Francis Albert
38 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

1965 is way before my time so I'll defer to your better judgement on that but glad you agree that losing to Brora isn't the worst. 👍

Just to clarify I was talking of course  about worst results of those seasons not in our history.

Edited by Francis Albert

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

£60,000,000 has been put into the club by supporters and James Anderson over the past 7 years. Beaten by Brora Rangers. 

Where’s that number come from ? 

Fxxx the SPFL
13 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

big deal we won the league get over it

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Where’s that number come from ? 

the young Hearts lad on the bbc scotland podcast quoted it 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

And you said you would accept a 10-0 defeat at Brora as long as we got promoted. 

Enjoy your day 😂

I will Mr Creepy.

Thanks awfully.

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Aye, was a right sore one. We left near the end to get a flyer and were back on the motorway listening to the wireless when they scored. 

I was one of the last out the ground , was a proper 😑 , nevermind champs now back to the top division and all the Raaar Rob/Bob ooot , Budge Over , Savage is or isnt the man , JJ for el presidente can start again now 🤣🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

John Findlay
44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nope football manager takes stick for underachieving as manager, club can't afford to sack him and his backroom staff as it means funding coming out of James Andersons pocket or Ann budge as club is skint. 

That's how I see it. 

You talking about Stendel again?

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Seems dubious and questionable 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

You talking about Stendel again?

😁😉Too easy 😜 when you know you have got them, so they pull out a name that has nothing to do with it. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Why don't you have a look?. 

Burden of proof is on the accuser. Where’s the £60m figure come from?

Bad Religion
12 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

big deal we won the league get over it

Ann probably sees it the same way. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Bad Religion said:

And if it’s accurate?

If a bull had tits? I’m asking for proof of its accuracy. And the breakdown of it. Like is that including pie sales or what? 

Bad Religion
11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If a bull had tits? I’m asking for proof of its accuracy. And the breakdown of it. Like is that including pie sales or what? 

£45M Season tickets and FOH donations. 
£15M from James Anderson. 

Doesn’t include pies, Lego buses etc. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

A_A wehatethehibs
17 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Why does it include season tickets but exclude match day tickets? Also does that include funding for the stand? Also does it include or exclude the save the children sponsorship financing? How much is that worth? 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why does it include season tickets but exclude match day tickets?

You’re being pedantic. I assume it includes all ticket sales. if it doesn’t the number only increases. 

A_A wehatethehibs

You’re being pedantic. I assume it includes all ticket sales. if it doesn’t the number only increases. 

Im not being pedantic just sceptical of a random £60m number that’s been chucked out there? What was that donations? Or does it include all revenue? If you’re going to Chuck a number out there at least explain what the number actually includes 

part_time_jambo
49 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Must be correct then!

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Im not being pedantic just sceptical of a random £60m number that’s been chucked out there? What was that donations? Or does it include all revenue? If you’re going to Chuck a number out there at least explain what the number actually includes 

I’m quoting the boy Liam from the This is My Story podcast who spoke on Sportsound earlier in the week. The breakdown he provided is in my response to you above. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I’m quoting the boy Liam from the This is My Story podcast who spoke on Sportsound earlier in the week. The breakdown he provided is in my response to you above. 

Right but you have used the term “£60m has been put in to the club” as if it’s been freely donated money eh. It’s a fundamental difference if that sum there includes revenue generated from products that have been purchased. What about shirt sales? Why not include that? In exchange for a season ticket purchase you receive a product - access to the games, so it’s a fundamental difference from the money that gets donated in via FOH. You’ve not donated your season ticket money. The sum raised from FoH is circa £12m over the 7 years, not £60m. Hence why I have called that number into question to asked for what it includes. 

Mars plastic
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Right but you have used the term “£60m has been put in to the club” as if it’s been freely donated money eh. It’s a fundamental difference if that sum there includes revenue generated from products that have been purchased. What about shirt sales? Why not include that? In exchange for a season ticket purchase you receive a product - access to the games, so it’s a fundamental difference from the money that gets donated in via FOH. You’ve not donated your season ticket money. The sum raised from FoH is circa £12m over the 7 years, not £60m. Hence why I have called that number into question to asked for what it includes. 

That’s not what he said tho. Probably best read the posts again, kidda. 

Edited by Mars plastic

John Findlay
59 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😁😉Too easy 😜 when you know you have got them, so they pull out a name that has nothing to do with it. 

Oh are you dis- owning the love of your life now?

Bad Religion
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I never said it had been freely donated. 

If it’s not dubious or questionable what are your thoughts? 

A_A wehatethehibs

I never said it had been freely donated. 

If it’s not dubious or questionable what are your thoughts? 

It’s still questionable what it includes? There’s no evidence been provided 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bad Religion

It’s still questionable what it includes? There’s no evidence been provided 

Season ticket sales, FOH donations and donations from Janes Anderson. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Season ticket sales, FOH donations and donations from Janes Anderson. 

Source: 

kingantti1874

Source: 

the ****ing accounts. We’ve had more outside investment than any club outside Glasgow - FACT!

A_A wehatethehibs

Listen to the @This is My Story Podcast

It’s excellent. 

I know he is a good lad and very articulate. Did appreciate his voicing of the views about what’s took place over the recent seasons will tune in in future. It has been very frustrating. But when numbers start to get involved you get into different waters 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the ****ing accounts. We’ve had more outside investment than any club outside Glasgow - FACT!

“the accounts” please post them including the financial breakdown of the facts 

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

🍻

How do you think the first team has done over the last few years, given the level of finance is much higher than Ross County or Hamilton or Motherwell or Hibs or Kilmarnock or Brora?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

“the accounts” please post them including the financial breakdown of the facts 

😂 eh no - in what world do you think I’d answer commands from you or anyone on here - you’ve got ****ing fingers don’t you, go prove the podcast - who will have researched it - wrong! 

And it’s not the point. Whether it is 40/50/60 or 70 million.. No club has seen as much outside investment as hearts! And it’s all been squandered 

33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Oh are you dis- owning the love of your life now?

No guy has a special place at our club,gave up his wage 😉and tried to implement a style of play that us fans would've appreciated. 

On the other hand your love of your life, Sh****d the club for every penny he could get and your other love of your life is pretending to be a football manager, and is now sh*****g the club for every penny he can get. 

Imagine being listed by the fans as a PHM yet you couldn't waive your wages for the good of the club, yet some unknown German with no affiliation did give up his wage 🤔

If Stendel had been as bad Robbie he would've walked I've no doubts about that, but instead Robbie would rather take the club for every penny he can get, and has a hold over budge, the man makes me sick he's an a embarrassment. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Independence
18 hours ago, ShortmanRossco said:

I'll reply to you all the same. I want Hearts to win every game. We didn't beat Brora. Our players train 5 days a week and get paid for a living. Their players play football as a part time earner. We are the third biggest team in Scotland, they aren't even in the league. Good for Robbie Neilson that he thinks hammering a team that, with the greatest of respect..... Deserve to be be hammered in terms of our stature in relation to ours eh? 

**** off. 

Thanks. Great post and kinda proved what I was saying?

7 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

.*Noisy boys. Really

The people that can see how shite our football has been and believe he’s not the man to take us forward.

The only noise that is coming is the crap that you and Toque spout about how wonderful the world is with Robbie in charge.

Nice to see both of you back and giving it the big one after beating part time team who are bottom of the league 

But not with his preferred 4-2-3-1 set up we've had to endure all season or most of his new signings Kastaneer, GMS, Popbombscare, Frear or Roberts!

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 eh no - in what world do you think I’d answer commands from you or anyone on here - you’ve got ****ing fingers don’t you, go prove the podcast - who will have researched it - wrong! 

And it’s not the point. Whether it is 40/50/60 or 70 million.. No club has seen as much outside investment as hearts! And it’s all been squandered 

But I’m not the one making the claims that “£60m has been put into the club”  I am the skeptic of that claim. So how is the burden of proof on me? 

A_A wehatethehibs
29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How do you think the first team has done over the last few years, given the level of finance is much higher than Ross County or Hamilton or Motherwell or Hibs or Kilmarnock or Brora?

Not well, not well at all. Quite woeful in fact. However, in exchange for my season ticket money, I did still receive a season ticket to attend games 

26 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not well, not well at all. Quite woeful in fact. However, in exchange for my season ticket money, I did still receive a season ticket to attend games 

So did I. Hopefully next season 👍🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

😅

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

They still talk about Berwick Rangers beating Glasgow Rangers and that was 1967 and Brora was a bigger upset than that

Board was better while you and SRB were miffed but one result against bottom of pile brings you out again

I'm pretty sure Rangers fans don't. Excuse me for not enjoying doom-posting. Others seem to absolutely live for it. Each to their own I suppose. They must be a joy to drink with down the pub on match days.

2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

£60m? Well played Mrs Budge, it would have been a fraction of that without her. Probably have the same results and no new stand, pitch etc into the bargain.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Come on? Let’s hear it. 

Money spent on a new stand, other infrastructure and buying the club has zero relevance to how we do in one cup game, and it has zero relevance to a discussion around Neilson who inherited Levein and Stendel's squad that got us demoted.

Obviously we've underperformed the last 5 years but finally we have a manager who has at least done what he was hired to do, which was get us promoted and now we want rid of him. Mad. Give hi the pre-season FFS. He did very well with us in the Premiership last time. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Money spent on a new stand, other infrastructure and buying the club has zero relevance to how we do in one cup game. Obviously we've underperformed the last 5 years but finally we have a manager who has at least done what he was hired to do, which was get us promoted and now we want rid of him. Mad. Give hi the pre-season FFS. He did very well with us in the Premiership last time. 

Ma grans dug could have won the league with that squad.