New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t know if it exists. My post was fairly obviously in humour. But your right, I can’t post a link to it, either because it didn’t exist or because I didn’t look for a link and probably never will.  

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-popularity-contest-between-3537608

A few paragraphs down.....Gary Ralston says CL spent an hour explaining the 5 year plan.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Imagine sacking a manager, then appointing a new one during a social media blackout...this is ideal for CL's re-appointment 🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Worked well didn’t it 🙃

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was so ****ing optimistic back then it’s close to painful looking back on it. 

The plan was sound in theory......the execution of it was a shambles.

Just now, pointon said:

The op is either a complete chancer or he has been barefaced lied to

The later I think.

17 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Imagine sacking a manager, then appointing a new one during a social media blackout...this is ideal for CL's re-appointment 🤣🤣

Could you imagine

Broxburn Jambo
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Kin’Ell 🤣🤣 

You honestly think if he left nobody would want the job and as for your first bit 🤪

Once again I ask give me a name of a Manager with a good CV

If the board is in favour of replacing him and Budge just wont do it, then they should all resign and leave her to it.

10 minutes ago, pointon said:

Contact was made with certain managers but Budge is having it her way 👎🏻

It was more a case of certain agents made contact with Budge. She hasn’t had any intention to change managers. 

8 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Once again I ask give me a name of a Manager with a good CV

Brian Clough

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It was more a case of certain agents made contact with Budge. She hasn’t had any intention to change managers. 

She got cold feet apparently deal was close to being agreed but did not want to hang Robbie out to dry 

Mars plastic

Boy comes on with 89 posts saying he’s pals with Boab, that he’s offski with new manager being named within weeks and folk lap it up. Got to love the internet. 

Just now, Mars plastic said:

Boy comes on with 89 posts saying he’s pals with Boab, that he’s offski with new manager being named within weeks and folk lap it up. Got to love the internet. 

Correct however there was an opportunity to change it it up but budge shat it

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

If the board is in favour of replacing him and Budge just wont do it, then they should all resign and leave her to it.

If the board were that way minded they could outvote Budge. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why not just post what you mean. Rather than asking daft questions to beat about the bush. 

The 5 year (OFF FIELD) plan has worked.  The new diversionary tactic in brackets to make sure the board are still seen in a good light. 

New stand, nice restaurants but the team has been pish.  Maybe we need Baldrick in charge and his cunning plans which may mean making the key element to a football the club the most efficient.....the team🙄

16 minutes ago, pointon said:

She got cold feet apparently deal was close to being agreed but did not want to hang Robbie out to dry 

I heard that it never was close because of costs involved.  Would have meant a significant increase in running costs and, pandemic generated, debt. No guarantee of success even with a tripling of management costs. 

Mars plastic
14 minutes ago, pointon said:

Correct however there was an opportunity to change it it up but budge shat it

When was there an opportunity? After Stendel?

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I heard that it never was close because of costs involved.  Would have meant a significant increase in running costs and, pandemic generated, debt. No guarantee of success even with a tripling of management costs. 

If any of above was true, along with Pointons posts, why would Neilson hang around?

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Would voting be based on a head count or a shareholding count?

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You think our board is one man one vote ?

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That can't be the reason - that was always going to be the consequence  of replacing him. It's hardly a surprise is it.  The club seriously thought about binning him but then decided they couldn't afford it? 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Would voting be based on a head count or a shareholding count?

Head count at a board meeting. 

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If any of above was true, along with Pointons posts, why would Neilson hang around?

Managers know that Boards are continually reviewing their performance. He knows, at the moment, that Budge will give him some more time. My earlier post stated that Budge wasn’t looking to change, it was agents touting their clients. McInnes and Doherty would cost in excess of £20k per week once all benefits and perks are added in. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That can't be the reason - that was always going to be the consequence  of replacing him. It's hardly a surprise is it.  The club seriously thought about binning him but then decided they couldn't afford it? 

That’s not what I said. Read my posts and then think about it. 
Anyway, once again, pass on what you have heard and then stand back to take the abuse because it doesn’t suit the Neilson out agenda. Sad. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Head count at a board meeting. 

Do their heads have to be visible from Ann's pocket to count?:whistling:

davemclaren
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Do their heads have to be visible from Ann's pocket to count?:whistling:

No. A show of hands is acceptable. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

No. A show of hands is acceptable. 

But they are tied behind their backs😳

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You know fine well that is not what @soonbe110 meant, or said.

You just want to stir it a wee bit.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s not what I said. Read my posts and then think about it. 
Anyway, once again, pass on what you have heard and then stand back to take the abuse because it doesn’t suit the Neilson out agenda. Sad. 

Read it again ? 😄

Your post had zip information of any consequence so don't flatter yourself I'd bother reading it again. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Get stuffed , arrogant twat. 

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Read it again ? 😄

Your post had zip information of any consequence so don't flatter yourself I'd bother reading it again. 

Quick edit.

Not quick enough though.  🤪

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Quick edit.

Not quick enough though.  🤪

Get stuffed , arrogant twat. 

Nanos edit.  ^^^^^

siegementality
4 hours ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Only one person will make the decision if Robbie Neilson goes!

That is 

ROBBIE NEILSON

And anyone who thinks that there is another Manager with a decent track record is sitting in the wings thinking

'' I hope Robbie decides to leave or be sacked'' is naive in the extreme.

I have no idea what you are on but I’d get off it ASAP if I were you.

siegementality
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Can you do me a favour and post me a link to the previous (on the field) 5 year plan.

I cannot seem to locate it.

You’re welcome!

New owner outlines her vision for the future as big changes are announced at Tynecastle.

Ann Budge today released the following statement as she outlines her vision for the future as the new owner of Heart of Midlothian FC.

It was clear from my earliest visits to Tynecastle and my earliest meetings with senior staff that the company, Heart of Midlothian plc, was, in every sense of the word, "broken".

There was no overarching strategy for how the business should be run. For far too long, there had been no clear leadership. This coupled with the sole focus on day to day survival had left the club in a sorry and perilous financial state. This led to a fundamental disconnect between the various departments and a mountain of issues to be resolved. Add to this, the under-investment in various parts of the business and the current financial position, and we have a "broken" Hearts. We must all realise that there is no quick fix for these problems.

One thing is very clear. We have come far too close to losing our very existence and we must never allow this to happen again. We must grasp this opportunity to start afresh; to put in place solid foundations that will ensure we never again risk our 140 years of history.

We must make changes. We must stop thinking short-term. We must put in place a 3-5-year plan that will see our commercial activities totally re-vamped, such that they once again provide a solid financial under-pinning to our football club; and we must also completely revitalise and re-focus the football side of our club. We have some excellent young players, who have done us proud in the last season. We owe it to them to create an environment that will help them to continue to flourish and develop. This will take time, patience and the continued loyal support of Hearts' dedicated fan base. We will implement strategies to grow and strengthen the club. We will live within in our means to ensure that the future of the club is never again put in jeopardy.

We must ensure we have a clear footballing strategy that drives every aspect of our game; everything from who we recruit into our club, from youth academy through to first team players; how we approach coaching, at all age groups and all levels; how we undertake training? and indeed, what kind of football we play at Hearts.

There must be a totally cohesive plan that ties all aspects of our club together. Everyone must be pulling in the same direction.

Next season cannot simply be about getting back up into the SPFL. Of course, we will be striving for that, but we must take a longer-term view and build for the future. One of the key objectives of the new Board is to put in place a Coaching Education Programme that is second to none in Scottish football. Only by doing so, can we realistically attain the continual year-on-year improvement we are striving for and that will add to the value of the players and the club alike, and help to secure our future.

This means change on a fairly major scale. Not everyone will agree with all the changes being put in place, but we must address the issues at hand with our heads and not our hearts. We have made these tough decisions after much deliberation and much discussion. All we ask is that you give the new management team time and we will show we can deliver.

What are the changes?

We must put in place, first and foremost strong leadership. We need new skills, strategic thinking, and strong commercial and footballing management.

Board Level Changes

A new Board of Directors is being put in place over the next few days

Ann Budge: Chairman/CEO

Robert Wilson: Deputy CEO/Director of Strategic Planning

Eric Hogg: Operations Director

Craig Levein: Director of Football

Ian Murray (Chair of FOH): Foundation of Hearts Representative

The Board will be expanded over time to include another non-executive Director, with a strong financial background, and a second FOH Director, to further represent the fans.

Operational Management Changes

Both Eric Hogg and myself will assume a very hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the club, supported by the existing management team.

I am delighted to say that the Operational Management Team will be expanded to include a new Head of Commercial. Ann Park will be joining the team with immediate effect. We have worked together over many years and I know she will bring lots of fresh ideas and strong sales and marketing leadership to the commercial team.

Footballing Management Changes

We know it may be an unpopular decision with some of you, but the Board has decided that we cannot offer Gary Locke a new contract as Manager, at the end of his current contract. Please believe me when I say this has been an enormously difficult decision to make. We all know the pressures that Gary and his assistant, Billy Brown, have worked under over the last year. They were set an almost impossible task, which they handled with dignity and determination. For that, we are all hugely grateful to both of them. The players and backroom/support staff at Riccarton will be sorry indeed to see them go?as, I know, will a very large section of the Hearts support. They will both leave with our very grateful thanks and best wishes.

Craig Levein will join the club with immediate effect and will assume total responsibility for everything to do with the playing side of the business. He will be responsible for putting in place an end-to-end strategy for how we are going to implement a youth-driven playing policy within the club.

John Murray will return to his former role as a chief scout. In the short-term, he will also assist with running the Academy, while we identify who should head this up. For the last year, John has taken on a wide sphere of responsibilities in support of the club he loves and for that we owe him a vote of thanks. We are pleased to be able to offer him the opportunity to go back to what he loves best; namely identifying new, young talent.

These decisions have been driven by everything that has been said about needing a long-term strategy, built over a 3-5-year planning horizon. For those reasons, the new Board believes that we need to bring in someone with Craig's experience to guide that vision. With such a strong Director of Football on board, we feel we have to spend our limited resources on strengthening and building the Coaching side of the business, rather than having a 1st team manager. Robbie Neilson will take over as Head Coach for the 1st team and we will bring in a strong support team to work with Robbie in terms of an Assistant Coach and U20s Coach.

Over the next few days, a number of other changes will be announced as we start the process of rebuilding our great Club. We will have to say good-bye to a number of the fans' current favourites; we will do our best to secure all our excellent young players; and we will welcome a group of new players, who will help us achieve our vision.

A number of the decisions we make over the next few days and weeks will be driven by finance. We have to ensure we live within our means. All of the decisions have been taken with a view to ensuring the future stability of our club

Now that we've got Davidson and Zak Ruden tied up for the new season I'm feeling jolly positive.

We are the only club in Scotland capable of giving the OF a run for their money and I think we will.

Bit ironic that we couldn't give Alloa and Brora a run for their money but I think Davidson will take cups more seriously than Neilson.

50 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

When was there an opportunity? After Stendel?

Stendel no after the shit storm we witnessed in recent weeks 

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Now that we've got Davidson and Zak Ruden tied up for the new season I'm feeling jolly positive.

We are the only club in Scotland capable of giving the OF a run for their money and I think we will.

Bit ironic that we couldn't give Alloa and Brora a run for their money but I think Davidson will take cups more seriously than Neilson.

Has news broken in NZ that hasn't here?

siegementality
3 minutes ago, pointon said:

Stendel no after the shit storm we witnessed in recent weeks 

If Budge is backing Neilson, she is - again - backing a losing horse.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Has news broken in NZ that hasn't here?

There's good drugs over the ditch, bro!

• davemclaren locked this topic