New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Jeffros Furios
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Didn’t have down as a cancel culture guy. 

:cornette:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Time to take a Rangers like punt on a Gerrard type? Recently retired from playing. Looking for a start in the managerial game.

Someone with a never say die mentality, vastly experienced playing career at the top level, a "name" in a playing career sense who may be capable of attracting the likes of a Defoe who can still do a top class job for a season or two.

Rangers were laughed at when they hired Gerrard. "An under 18's coach" Haha. They're not laughing now.

Think it's the budget that helps. Pay big enough and coaching becomes slightly easier. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Am I supposed to be apologetic for implying something about what you said? 😂

Just leave it there and move on 👍🏻

Nice little escape phrase!👍🏻

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not sure why people find it a negative to gather an up to date view. People will change their minds. 

I dont find it negative , Most on here are either loaded , repetitive or goobleeedagookey like yesterdays. I don’t think a poll every other day makes much sense though. People are entrenched in their views over Neilson thats very obvious. Signing Messi and beating Rangers and Celtic 4-0 in Glasgow wouldnt make much odds right now.   

Rogue Daddy
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Time to take a Rangers like punt on a Gerrard type? Recently retired from playing. Looking for a start in the managerial game.

Someone with a never say die mentality, vastly experienced playing career at the top level, a "name" in a playing career sense who may be capable of attracting the likes of a Defoe who can still do a top class job for a season or two.

Rangers were laughed at when they hired Gerrard. "An under 18's coach" Haha. They're not laughing now.

100%. This would get my vote all day long. Problem is, he wouldn't be a 'safe enough' appointment for our administration. 

It's the only way we're going to get close to the OF. Someone who's not afraid to travel to Glasgow and have a go at the uglies, someone who has a bit of belief in their skills. Someone who's not currently on the Scottish football managers merry-go-round.

Captain Lithuania

Is there any weight to this belief that he will go at the end of the season? I’ve been checking in on this thread and I see is folk arguing about the current manager. 

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Nice little escape phrase!👍🏻

Oh i could argue all day...bash on if you like.

Just now, Captain Lithuania said:

Is there any weight to this belief that he will go at the end of the season? I’ve been checking in on this thread and I see is folk arguing about the current manager. 

Absolutely zero chance.

People bumping their gums but all the evidence suggests he is going nowhere.

Just now, frankblack said:

Absolutely zero chance.

Bad management by the management. 

siegementality
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Do we really need the over dramatic reaction to every article ? As it stands we aren’t really in a mess. We all want a change of manager but a little perspective is needed after what was a season that achieved its goal admittedly littered with some horrific results. 

I’d say we are in a mess.

We have a Chairman and a manager that a large section of the support want rid of (more so the manager).

We have a squad of players that - with the exception of one or two - are no better than the squad that had us in last place when the music stopped last summer.

We have a manger that is already saying all signings don’t work out, before we’ve even signed a player for next season. In fairness he can say that on good authority as he signed a handful of shite this season that certainly didn’t work out.

We've watched some of the worst football I can remember a Hearts team playing in my 50 odd years on this earth.

We’ve had the most embarrassing Scottish Cup defeat in our history.

If that isn’t a mess then what is?

2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Thing with saying let's do what an OF team have done is they're not comparable at all to any other team in Europe except PSG. Steven Gerrard's got a wage budget more than 5 times that of the closest budget at Aberdeen, plus an actual transfer budget conpared to us, Hibs and Aberdeen's all being less than 1 or 2million, against Neil Lennon to go head to head with for the title.

Obviously going unbeaten and doing well in Europe shows he's certainly not a bad manager, but you have to be absolutely terrible not to be able to win the league with the OF. 

Robbie Neilson would win the SPFL with an old firm team, 

siegementality
26 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Absolutely zero chance.

There is a big difference between Neilson staying (because Budge is allowing it) and a significant section of the support wanting him gone.  It’ll be interesting to see what happens when the Tynecastle tills start opening again, because I won’t be putting a penny in them. Maybe a reduction in income will concentrate Budges mind. 

In the meantime I’ll keep bumping my gums about wanting Neilson gone. The more gum bumping, the more likely it will happen.

Edited by siegementality

siegementality
2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Robbie Neilson would win the SPFL with an old firm team, 

It took Gerrard a few tries before he could so I very much doubt it.

siegementality
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

:oohmatron:

I’ve edited it now. Worth the predictive text error just to see the best emoji on here anyway😂😂😂😂😂

Judging by the last few interviews by Robbie, he's going nowhere. I think this new manager stuff is wishful thinking by some. 

11 minutes ago, siegementality said:

We have a Chairman and a manager that a large section of the support want rid of (more so the manager).

We have a squad of players that - with the exception of one or two - are no better than the squad that had us in last place when the music stopped last summer.

We have a manger that is already saying all signings don’t work out, before we’ve even signed a player for next season. In fairness he can say that on good authority as he signed a handful of shite this season that certainly didn’t work out.

We've watched some of the worst football I can remember a Hearts team playing in my 50 odd years on this earth.

Supporters are fickle, we start next season strong then it will settle down very quickly. 

Squad definitely needs improved, very few teams in the spfl genuinely don’t go through this at the end of the season. Lost count of the seasons I’ve thought to myself we need to improve. I’m not downplaying this season by the way just saying needing improving isn’t a sign of a mess for me. 

Worst football ? Not so sure definitely some of the worst results in our history though. 

Results and/or change of manager would instantly change the outlook so while things aren’t great for me, ‘our club is such a mess’ is a touch dramatic. 

Edited by Dazo

11 minutes ago, siegementality said:

i would say with the squad we currently have we have a good number of players who if under the right manager, played to their strengths and not over coached are more than good enough to compete for 3rd/4th

11 hours ago, iainmac said:

I am gobsmacked that some people can't see what's coming if Neilson remains. This ”give him a 3rd transfer window & see where we are after 10 games” posturing will see us heading right back to the tinpot league we've just escaped from.

I agree. Effectively saying let’s waste  next season. 

Neilson isn’t turning this around, we need a manager the fans can support. Alex Neil remains my top pick. Stephen Robinson might also be a solid choice given he worked with kids and a limited budget at Motherwell. 

siegementality
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Supporters are fickle, we start next season strong then it will settle down very quickly. 

Squad definitely needs improved, very few teams in the spfl genuinely don’t go through this at the end of the season. Lost count of the seasons I’ve thought to myself we need to improve. I’m not downplaying this season by the way just saying needing improving isn’t a sign of a mess for me. 

Worst football ? Not so sure definitely some of the worst results in our history though. 

Results and/or change of manager would instantly change the outlook so while things aren’t great for me, ‘our club is such a mess’ is a touch dramatic. 

What if we don’t start next season strong? How long should it be before the “fickle” supporters get what they want?

The squad needed improved when Neilson came in. Despite signing numerous players the improvement was minimal if any. I simply do not trust Neilson’s judgement on players. He has made some horrific signings at every club he has been at.

So we’ve had some of the worst results, but didn’t play shite football? The reality is we played a four or five really good games, a few half decent, while the rest is, without doubt, some of the worst football I have seen a Hearts team play.

Any club which has - on its own - the disconnect we have between the club and the support is in a mess. There is nothing a touch dramatic about it.

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

I agree. Effectively saying let’s waste  next season. 

Neilson isn’t turning this around, we need a manager the fans can support. Alex Neil remains my top pick. Stephen Robinson might also be a solid choice given he worked with kids and a limited budget at Motherwell. 

What makes you think Robinson would be good, based on that? He doesn't have successful experience of managing a club with Hearts expectations, budget and infrastructure. 

It's like thinking someone who has successfully managed a branch of Aldi, would be good at managing John Lewis.

He might be a good manager for us, but I don't think there's evidence for it  

2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Thing with saying let's do what an OF team have done is they're not comparable at all to any other team in Europe except PSG. Steven Gerrard's got a wage budget more than 5 times that of the closest budget at Aberdeen, plus an actual transfer budget conpared to us, Hibs and Aberdeen's all being less than 1 or 2million, against Neil Lennon to go head to head with for the title.

Obviously going unbeaten and doing well in Europe shows he's certainly not a bad manager, but you have to be absolutely terrible not to be able to win the league with the OF. 

Obviously valid points regarding OF budgets. But let's be realistic, Hearts aren't going into next season with any serious expectations of winning the league. No one outside the OF is.

Anyone who is expecting anything better than 3rd place is fantasising and it wont take millions to compete for that in this league. Nobody outside the OF has an actual transfer budget worth speaking of.

As for Gerrard I really don't know. But I would have to say in my view winning the league from the starting point he was given when he first came in against an all conquering Celtic side is actually an achievement. And OF budgets are unimpressive in Europe where he has also excelled.

Kenny Dalglish recently commented that he thought Gerrard could become the greatest British manager since Alex Ferguson. Again, I couldn't comment on  that but Dalglish has forgotten more about football in the last 5  minutes than I will ever know.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

What if we don’t start next season strong? How long should it be before the “fickle” supporters get what they want?

The squad needed improved when Neilson came in. Despite signing numerous players the improvement was minimal if any. I simply do not trust Neilson’s judgement on players. He has made some horrific signings at every club he has been at.

So we’ve had some of the worst results, but didn’t play shite football? The reality is we played a four or five really good games, a few half decent, while the rest is, without doubt, some of the worst football I have seen a Hearts team play.

Any club which has - on its own - the disconnect we have between the club and the support is in a mess. There is nothing a touch dramatic about it.

Are you suggesting supporters aren’t fickle ? 

His history suggests he’s done well in the top league so it looks like he’s getting a chance whether we like it or not. I’d suggest that chance won’t be for very long if we don’t start strong. 

We’ve have plenty shite football but we’ve also had shite the results when the football hasn’t been. Overall I’d say the football has been more boring than shite but that’s pretty incidental now. 

Things need to improve all over the club no doubt but we go into the season better equipped off the park than we did this season. We’ll find out soon enough how that all comes together. 

I think some people are very dramatic, jumping over every article dissecting every word getting all offended over trivial quotes or statements that every other manager will make from time to time. 

it’s okay to disagree. 👍

OmiyaHearts
24 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I can't see us starting strong. At least half the home crowd and prob all our away support will be waiting to jump on any mistake and give it tight to Neilson.

Even a reasonable start won't change most supporters minds. 

IMO, we won't starts strong anwyay. We don't have the players or the coaching staff and the support don't have the patience.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I can't see us starting strong. At least half the home crowd and prob all our away support will be waiting to jump on any mistake and give it tight to Neilson.

Even a reasonable start won't change most supporters minds. 

IMO, we won't starts strong anwyay. We don't have the players or the coaching staff and the support don't have the patience.

To be clear I’m not say we will start strong just saying if we do it will be all good again. Except of course for those who want him gone regardless, the ones who wanted him gone when 2nd/3rd in the league last time. 

Edit: Just to be double clear I want a new manager in charge also.  

Edited by Dazo

3 minutes ago, jamboj said:

What makes you think Robinson would be good, based on that? He doesn't have successful experience of managing a club with Hearts expectations, budget and infrastructure. 

It's like thinking someone who has successfully managed a branch of Aldi, would be good at managing John Lewis.

He might be a good manager for us, but I don't think there's evidence for it  

I think attracting top managers with the specific criteria we want is tough. Partly because it’s Scotland and is viewed negatively but also because the money just isn’t there. 

My first choice is Alex Neil, absolutely 100% him. But if we couldn’t get him, Robinson has operated on a shoe string budget for his entire time at Motherwell, he’s got them 3rd before and has brought through numerous young players like Hastie, Turnball & Campbell. Hes taken players like Kipre and turned them into quality players at this level (who is now player for WBA).

He’s not a flashy choice but he meets a lot of the criteria I’m looking for. That said, if there is better that can work with youngsters I’m more than happy to see it them get the job. 

57 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oh i could argue all day...bash on if you like.

And you could run away when your back's to the wall

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

When the FoH take over, item 1 on the agenda is to get that ***** name removed from the new stand plaque. 

That plaque there is nose rub.  What did he do to deserve it?   

Sickening that his name is there. 

Callum Davidson for me. He's clearly going places. 

Alex Neil, meh no thanks. His reputation is an actual myth with nothing to back it up. Clearly failed at his last two jobs. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Alex Neil, meh no thanks. His reputation is an actual myth with nothing to back it up. Clearly failed at his last two jobs. 

Callum Davidson is a good shout actually, wouldn’t be against that.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You never got back to me after you stated Gordon and Hartley could never be trusted after being part of the Riccarton 3. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Davidson is less than a year into a 3 year deal at a club he has a huge tie to......I doubt he’ll be tempted away from St J by anyone anytime soon...especially if he win the Scottish Cup.

Paying two loads of compensation is probably not an option for us either.

21 minutes ago, siegementality said:

What if we do?

What if we change manager and they are shit?

What if, what if?  Mystic meg you certainly aren't.

The squad needed rebuilt from top to bottom, including the academy, which you are underestimating.

The options for our budget during lockdown last year were probably quite limited.  That isn't an excuse, but a factor.

I am not excusing the Alloa and Brora results.  The latter we tried to field a second-string side and got found out.

I've certainly seem football every bit as bad under numerous managers - worse if you count last season.  Sometimes you have to accept that we aren't Man City and have limitations, where settling for results is what matters.

If you expected to win 6-0 every week you need to adjust your expectations.

If you think the club is going to listen to randoms screaming and shouting on here, you are kidding yourself.  We got promotion, and that looks to have been the minimum target which Neilson has met and therefore satisfied the board.

There isn't going to be a management change no matter how much some shout, and those threatening to boycott will find it ineffective when the carrot of the only means of entry to Tynecastle is dangled with season ticket sales.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

You never got back to me after you stated Gordon and Hartley could never be trusted after being part of the Riccarton 3. 

I didn't mention Gordon in that context as his name was never mooted as manager but Hartley was my opinion and I stick to it.   Hartley was good for us, and we for him, but better players than him turned out to be crap managers.

My real point was that if you openly rebel against management as a player, you can hardly expect players not to do the same when you become a manager.  That is my OPINION.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't mention Gordon in that context as his name was never mooted as manager but Hartley was my opinion and I stick to it.   Hartley was good for us, and we for him, but better players than him turned out to be crap managers.

My real point was that if you openly rebel against management as a player, you can hardly expect players not to do the same when you become a manager.  That is my OPINION.

Why did they rebel? 

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

fallacy-in-logic-straw-man-768x432.jpg

:cornette_dog:

That is complete bollocks, so dry your eyes and smell the coffee and try to reply with a constructive argument rather than an irrelevant meme next time.

Nookie Bear
29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I hate it when my character flaws are brutally and expertly exposed. :(

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am not excusing the Alloa and Brora results.  The latter we tried to field a second-string side and got found out.

Come on Frank that’s an awful excuse. 

siegementality
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What if we do?

What if we change manager and they are shit?

What if, what if?  Mystic meg you certainly aren't.

The squad needed rebuilt from top to bottom, including the academy, which you are underestimating.

The options for our budget during lockdown last year were probably quite limited.  That isn't an excuse, but a factor.

I've certainly seem football every bit as bad under numerous managers - worse if you count last season.  Sometimes you have to accept that we aren't Man City and have limitations, where settling for results is what matters.

If you think the club is going to listen to randoms screaming and shouting on here, you are kidding yourself.  We got promotion, and that looks to have been the minimum target which Neilson has met and therefore satisfied the board.

There isn't going to be a management change no matter how much some shout, and those threatening to boycott will find it ineffective when the carrot of the only means of entry to Tynecastle is dangled with season ticket sales.

Ah, so you combat my what if, to the OP what if, with a what if. Obviously I can’t be Mystic Meg as it appears you are!!

I am not underestimating anything. I have pointed out that Neilson, despite making numerous signings, made minimal, if any, improvement to the squad.  Indeed our options would have been limited due to budget, but what he had he didn’t spend wisely.

Manchester City eh. Neilson did give Manchester Utd is an option as well. I don’t expect us to play like Manchester City, but I also don’t expect us to play like some fecking Sunday league team, which we have on occasion.

As for winning 6-0 every week. Strangely enough my expectation of that ended on my very first trip to Tynecastle in 1974 when, guess what, we didn’t win 6-0!

Club boards do listen to “randoms” screaming and shouting. You might want to google the Liverpool and Arsenal chairman’s apologies to the fans for their  misguided attempts at the ESL venture.  Bedsides that many a manger has been emptied from a club due the power of “randoms”.

I’ve already decided that I won’t be renewing my season ticket while Neilson is still there. It’s another way a “random” like me can be heard. Anyway, I’m not a fan of carrot.

Edited by siegementality

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Come on Frank that’s an awful excuse. 

Not an excuse - just saying it proved our academy/reserve players are not nearly good enough for the first team, which we suspected.  They weren't good enough last season and with the reserve league being largely shut haven't improved.

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is complete bollocks, so dry your eyes and smell the coffee and try to reply with a constructive argument rather than an irrelevant meme next time.

Who said they expected to win 6-0 every week?

Nookie Bear

13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is untrue. Only the keeper could be classed 2nd string.

See when the Club Captain comes out after and says the "result was coming", that should have sounded alarm bells all over Tynie and throughout the support.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Not an excuse - just saying it proved our academy/reserve players are not nearly good enough for the first team, which we suspected.  They weren't good enough last season and with the reserve league being largely shut haven't improved.

Which academy/reserve players started that game?

BackOfTheNet

*comes into thread to see if there’s any legitimate information regarding any potential new manager*

*sees nothing of the sort*

*slumps away from thread bitter in the knowledge that Neilson is evidently going to start the Premiership season in charge*

😞

siegementality
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

Well you’ll need to point out where I said I expect to win 6-0 every week then. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That is untrue. Only the keeper could be classed 2nd string.

See when the Club Captain comes out after and says the "result was coming", that should have sounded alarm bells all over Tynie and throughout the support.

Naismith is club captain surely?  Berra was captain for that match - and wouldn't even have been if Gordon had been playing.

Just now, frankblack said:

It’s definitely an excuse. 

The starting line up was Stewart, Haring, Berra, Halkett, White, McEneff, Irving, Kastaneer, Mackay-Steven, Gnanduillet and Walker. 

Bench: Bobby, Souttar, Boyce, Frear, Popescu, Henderson and McGill. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Naismith is club captain surely?  Berra was captain for that match - and wouldn't even have been if Gordon had been playing.

True.

"Senior Player" is probably mor accurate.

Just now, siegementality said:

Ah, so you combat my what if, to the OP what if, with a what if. Obviously I can’t be Mystic Meg as it appears you are!!

We will find out next season. 👍

I am not underestimating anything. I have pointed out that Neilson, despite making numerous signings, made minimal, any, improvement to the squad.  Indeed our options would have been limited due to budget, but what he had he didn’t spend wisely.

There were some definite major improvements - Gordon, Kingsley, Ginelly.  Kastaneer was a desparate signing to cover Ginelly.  Gnando might be a good signing - time will tell.

Frear, Popescu not good enough.   Roberts seems to have succeeded at Motherwell.

Halliday - not better/not worse.

Manchester City eh. Neilson did give Manchester Utd is an option as well. I do t expect us to play like Manchester City, but I also don’t expect us to play like some fecking Sunday league team, which we have on occasion.

As for winning 6-0 every week. Strangely enough my expectation of that ended on my very first trip to Tynecastle in 1974 when, guess what, we didn’t win 6-0!

You said we have played only about 5 decent games, which I'm assuming you mean the 6-2s etc.

Club boards do listen to “randoms” screaming and shouting. You might want to google the Liverpool and Arsenal chairman’s apologies to the fans for their  misguided attempts at the ESL venture.  Bedsides that many a manger has been emptied from a club due the power of “randoms”.

Not remotely comparable situation - the board are going to see that Neilson got us promoted so he stays at least until next season regardless.

I’ve already decided that I won’t be renewing my season ticket while Neilson is still there. It’s another way a “random” like me can be heard. Anyway, I’m not a fan of carrot.

Your choice.  Should he get emptied by say Christmas you might not be able to get into a game.

• davemclaren locked this topic