Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, siegementality said:

If Budge is backing Neilson, she is - again - backing a losing horse.

I think it was Vera Duckworth who said Jack couldn't pick a winner if it was standing on a podium with a rosette on it.

Ms Budge appears to be the same. 

Imagine if Neilson turned this around next season*; the Kickback server would implode under the amount of historic post quoting.

Anyway, a pipe dream as he's getting his jotters in 2 days.

*I know 

Shanks said no
44 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Now that we've got Davidson and Zak Ruden tied up for the new season I'm feeling jolly positive.

We are the only club in Scotland capable of giving the OF a run for their money and I think we will.

Bit ironic that we couldn't give Alloa and Brora a run for their money but I think Davidson will take cups more seriously than Neilson.

WTF, have I slept through the best bit of this season?

48 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Now that we've got Davidson and Zak Ruden tied up for the new season I'm feeling jolly positive.

We are the only club in Scotland capable of giving the OF a run for their money and I think we will.

Bit ironic that we couldn't give Alloa and Brora a run for their money but I think Davidson will take cups more seriously than Neilson.

You on smack?

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You on smack?

Yes indeed.  It's terrific.  Helps me to get through a hard day on JKB.  An unfortunate downside is the effect that it has on your short term memory.  I completely forget that our new manager isn't Callum Davidson.  It's John McGlynn.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

:rofl:

Post of the year so far. Keep it coming. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

45 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Does anyone know what is going on with the management of our team ?

Yes, after the apocalyptic surrender to Brora and the 7 year knee-jerk reaction from the fans/investors, the players, management  & owner came to realise that there really was a total shit show at the club which culminated in Berra/Halkett/ Holiday making abject apologies in the media. 

Meanwhile some bloke at Motherwell was getting plaudits from 'Well fans for his contribution having been binned by Neilson. 

Coming up :  "Total Fitba with Elbaes ". 

Cannae wait. 

55 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Looks pretty clear that they are staying.

2 hours ago, siegementality said:

You’re welcome!

New owner outlines her vision for the future as big changes are announced at Tynecastle.

Ann Budge today released the following statement as she outlines her vision for the future as the new owner of Heart of Midlothian FC.

It was clear from my earliest visits to Tynecastle and my earliest meetings with senior staff that the company, Heart of Midlothian plc, was, in every sense of the word, "broken".

There was no overarching strategy for how the business should be run. For far too long, there had been no clear leadership. This coupled with the sole focus on day to day survival had left the club in a sorry and perilous financial state. This led to a fundamental disconnect between the various departments and a mountain of issues to be resolved. Add to this, the under-investment in various parts of the business and the current financial position, and we have a "broken" Hearts. We must all realise that there is no quick fix for these problems.

One thing is very clear. We have come far too close to losing our very existence and we must never allow this to happen again. We must grasp this opportunity to start afresh; to put in place solid foundations that will ensure we never again risk our 140 years of history.

We must make changes. We must stop thinking short-term. We must put in place a 3-5-year plan that will see our commercial activities totally re-vamped, such that they once again provide a solid financial under-pinning to our football club; and we must also completely revitalise and re-focus the football side of our club. We have some excellent young players, who have done us proud in the last season. We owe it to them to create an environment that will help them to continue to flourish and develop. This will take time, patience and the continued loyal support of Hearts' dedicated fan base. We will implement strategies to grow and strengthen the club. We will live within in our means to ensure that the future of the club is never again put in jeopardy.

We must ensure we have a clear footballing strategy that drives every aspect of our game; everything from who we recruit into our club, from youth academy through to first team players; how we approach coaching, at all age groups and all levels; how we undertake training? and indeed, what kind of football we play at Hearts.

There must be a totally cohesive plan that ties all aspects of our club together. Everyone must be pulling in the same direction.

Next season cannot simply be about getting back up into the SPFL. Of course, we will be striving for that, but we must take a longer-term view and build for the future. One of the key objectives of the new Board is to put in place a Coaching Education Programme that is second to none in Scottish football. Only by doing so, can we realistically attain the continual year-on-year improvement we are striving for and that will add to the value of the players and the club alike, and help to secure our future.

This means change on a fairly major scale. Not everyone will agree with all the changes being put in place, but we must address the issues at hand with our heads and not our hearts. We have made these tough decisions after much deliberation and much discussion. All we ask is that you give the new management team time and we will show we can deliver.

What are the changes?

We must put in place, first and foremost strong leadership. We need new skills, strategic thinking, and strong commercial and footballing management.

Board Level Changes

A new Board of Directors is being put in place over the next few days

Ann Budge: Chairman/CEO

Robert Wilson: Deputy CEO/Director of Strategic Planning

Eric Hogg: Operations Director

Craig Levein: Director of Football

Ian Murray (Chair of FOH): Foundation of Hearts Representative

The Board will be expanded over time to include another non-executive Director, with a strong financial background, and a second FOH Director, to further represent the fans.

Operational Management Changes

Both Eric Hogg and myself will assume a very hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the club, supported by the existing management team.

I am delighted to say that the Operational Management Team will be expanded to include a new Head of Commercial. Ann Park will be joining the team with immediate effect. We have worked together over many years and I know she will bring lots of fresh ideas and strong sales and marketing leadership to the commercial team.

Footballing Management Changes

We know it may be an unpopular decision with some of you, but the Board has decided that we cannot offer Gary Locke a new contract as Manager, at the end of his current contract. Please believe me when I say this has been an enormously difficult decision to make. We all know the pressures that Gary and his assistant, Billy Brown, have worked under over the last year. They were set an almost impossible task, which they handled with dignity and determination. For that, we are all hugely grateful to both of them. The players and backroom/support staff at Riccarton will be sorry indeed to see them go?as, I know, will a very large section of the Hearts support. They will both leave with our very grateful thanks and best wishes.

Craig Levein will join the club with immediate effect and will assume total responsibility for everything to do with the playing side of the business. He will be responsible for putting in place an end-to-end strategy for how we are going to implement a youth-driven playing policy within the club.

John Murray will return to his former role as a chief scout. In the short-term, he will also assist with running the Academy, while we identify who should head this up. For the last year, John has taken on a wide sphere of responsibilities in support of the club he loves and for that we owe him a vote of thanks. We are pleased to be able to offer him the opportunity to go back to what he loves best; namely identifying new, young talent.

These decisions have been driven by everything that has been said about needing a long-term strategy, built over a 3-5-year planning horizon. For those reasons, the new Board believes that we need to bring in someone with Craig's experience to guide that vision. With such a strong Director of Football on board, we feel we have to spend our limited resources on strengthening and building the Coaching side of the business, rather than having a 1st team manager. Robbie Neilson will take over as Head Coach for the 1st team and we will bring in a strong support team to work with Robbie in terms of an Assistant Coach and U20s Coach.

Over the next few days, a number of other changes will be announced as we start the process of rebuilding our great Club. We will have to say good-bye to a number of the fans' current favourites; we will do our best to secure all our excellent young players; and we will welcome a group of new players, who will help us achieve our vision.

A number of the decisions we make over the next few days and weeks will be driven by finance. We have to ensure we live within our means. All of the decisions have been taken with a view to ensuring the future stability of our club

Yes commercial etc activities to financially underpin our club.  No time scale etc for the on field situation.  This was against a background of a club that nearly went to the wall.

siegementality
4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Yes commercial etc activities to financially underpin our club.  No time scale etc for the on field situation.  This was against a background of a club that nearly went to the wall.

You obviously couldn’t be bothered reading it all, or maybe it didn’t suit you to? The “on field situation” had the same “planning horizon” as the commercial activities, both were running in tandem, or were meant to be.

“Craig Levein will join the club with immediate effect and will assume total responsibility for everything to do with the playing side of the business. He will be responsible for putting in place an end-to-end strategy for how we are going to implement a youth-driven playing policy within the club.

John Murray will return to his former role as a chief scout. In the short-term, he will also assist with running the Academy, while we identify who should head this up. For the last year, John has taken on a wide sphere of responsibilities in support of the club he loves and for that we owe him a vote of thanks. We are pleased to be able to offer him the opportunity to go back to what he loves best; namely identifying new, young talent.

These decisions have been driven by everything that has been said about needing a long-term strategy, built over a 3-5-year planning horizon. For those reasons, the new Board believes that we need to bring in someone with Craig's experience to guide that vision. With such a strong Director of Football on board, we feel we have to spend our limited resources on strengthening and building the Coaching side of the business, rather than having a 1st team manager. Robbie Neilson will take over as Head Coach for the 1st team and we will bring in a strong support team to work with Robbie in terms of an Assistant Coach and U20sCoach.”

Jeffros Furios
10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I heard that it never was close because of costs involved.  Would have meant a significant increase in running costs and, pandemic generated, debt. No guarantee of success even with a tripling of management costs. 

You post on here as if you have some sort of inside info when in reality you know very little and tell porkies as fact. 

I don't know if you get a buzz from it but I find it rather pathetic from who I assume is a grown man .

You should get a job at the Daily Record they like fairy stories .

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, pointon said:

Correct however there was an opportunity to change it it up but budge shat it

So sacking Stendel and then getting in Savage, a new CEO, JJ along with the  Bobmeister and his team was not changing it up? 

:notsure:

Mars plastic
On 05/04/2021 at 13:43, Hendolad said:

Just habit.Nothing more than that.I call him Rob but guess I've called him both on here.Quite a few people call him Rob or Bob actually.

To the poster above saying it's Neil, I'm not falling into that trap.I mentioned Ferguson as it's a name I've never heard before.

Look if I'm wrong then we will soon find out.For our current manager to be in charge for the first game next season I'll give you odds of 100/1.Not a chance.

Are you still offering that bet as I'd like to lump on? Ta.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You post on here as if you have some sort of inside info when in reality you know very little and tell porkies as fact. 

I don't know if you get a buzz from it but I find it rather pathetic from who I assume is a grown man .

At least he's not a previous poster who got banned then came back just to pick fights and argue with the same posters as before, while pretending that his presence on JKB is motivated by supporting Hearts. 

If someone was of that ilk they'd Likley get told that it  is pathetic and that he/ she needs to grow up. 

Maybe. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

You obviously couldn’t be bothered reading it all, or maybe it didn’t suit you to? The “on field situation” had the same “planning horizon” as the commercial activities, both were running in tandem, or were meant to be.

“Craig Levein will join the club with immediate effect and will assume total responsibility for everything to do with the playing side of the business. He will be responsible for putting in place an end-to-end strategy for how we are going to implement a youth-driven playing policy within the club.

John Murray will return to his former role as a chief scout. In the short-term, he will also assist with running the Academy, while we identify who should head this up. For the last year, John has taken on a wide sphere of responsibilities in support of the club he loves and for that we owe him a vote of thanks. We are pleased to be able to offer him the opportunity to go back to what he loves best; namely identifying new, young talent.

These decisions have been driven by everything that has been said about needing a long-term strategy, built over a 3-5-year planning horizon. For those reasons, the new Board believes that we need to bring in someone with Craig's experience to guide that vision. With such a strong Director of Football on board, we feel we have to spend our limited resources on strengthening and building the Coaching side of the business, rather than having a 1st team manager. Robbie Neilson will take over as Head Coach for the 1st team and we will bring in a strong support team to work with Robbie in terms of an Assistant Coach and U20sCoach.”

These decisions have been driven by the long term strategy.  She did not say they were included in it.

In short, let's get the club financially safe to underpin the rest.

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He's as big a slaver as he is a shill.

9 hours ago, siegementality said:

You’re welcome!

New owner outlines her vision for the future as big changes are announced at Tynecastle.

Ann Budge today released the following statement as she outlines her vision for the future as the new owner of Heart of Midlothian FC.

It was clear from my earliest visits to Tynecastle and my earliest meetings with senior staff that the company, Heart of Midlothian plc, was, in every sense of the word, "broken".

There was no overarching strategy for how the business should be run. For far too long, there had been no clear leadership. This coupled with the sole focus on day to day survival had left the club in a sorry and perilous financial state. This led to a fundamental disconnect between the various departments and a mountain of issues to be resolved. Add to this, the under-investment in various parts of the business and the current financial position, and we have a "broken" Hearts. We must all realise that there is no quick fix for these problems.

One thing is very clear. We have come far too close to losing our very existence and we must never allow this to happen again. We must grasp this opportunity to start afresh; to put in place solid foundations that will ensure we never again risk our 140 years of history.

We must make changes. We must stop thinking short-term. We must put in place a 3-5-year plan that will see our commercial activities totally re-vamped, such that they once again provide a solid financial under-pinning to our football club; and we must also completely revitalise and re-focus the football side of our club. We have some excellent young players, who have done us proud in the last season. We owe it to them to create an environment that will help them to continue to flourish and develop. This will take time, patience and the continued loyal support of Hearts' dedicated fan base. We will implement strategies to grow and strengthen the club. We will live within in our means to ensure that the future of the club is never again put in jeopardy.

We must ensure we have a clear footballing strategy that drives every aspect of our game; everything from who we recruit into our club, from youth academy through to first team players; how we approach coaching, at all age groups and all levels; how we undertake training? and indeed, what kind of football we play at Hearts.

There must be a totally cohesive plan that ties all aspects of our club together. Everyone must be pulling in the same direction.

Next season cannot simply be about getting back up into the SPFL. Of course, we will be striving for that, but we must take a longer-term view and build for the future. One of the key objectives of the new Board is to put in place a Coaching Education Programme that is second to none in Scottish football. Only by doing so, can we realistically attain the continual year-on-year improvement we are striving for and that will add to the value of the players and the club alike, and help to secure our future.

This means change on a fairly major scale. Not everyone will agree with all the changes being put in place, but we must address the issues at hand with our heads and not our hearts. We have made these tough decisions after much deliberation and much discussion. All we ask is that you give the new management team time and we will show we can deliver.

What are the changes?

We must put in place, first and foremost strong leadership. We need new skills, strategic thinking, and strong commercial and footballing management.

Board Level Changes

A new Board of Directors is being put in place over the next few days

Ann Budge: Chairman/CEO

Robert Wilson: Deputy CEO/Director of Strategic Planning

Eric Hogg: Operations Director

Craig Levein: Director of Football

Ian Murray (Chair of FOH): Foundation of Hearts Representative

The Board will be expanded over time to include another non-executive Director, with a strong financial background, and a second FOH Director, to further represent the fans.

Operational Management Changes

Both Eric Hogg and myself will assume a very hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the club, supported by the existing management team.

I am delighted to say that the Operational Management Team will be expanded to include a new Head of Commercial. Ann Park will be joining the team with immediate effect. We have worked together over many years and I know she will bring lots of fresh ideas and strong sales and marketing leadership to the commercial team.

Footballing Management Changes

We know it may be an unpopular decision with some of you, but the Board has decided that we cannot offer Gary Locke a new contract as Manager, at the end of his current contract. Please believe me when I say this has been an enormously difficult decision to make. We all know the pressures that Gary and his assistant, Billy Brown, have worked under over the last year. They were set an almost impossible task, which they handled with dignity and determination. For that, we are all hugely grateful to both of them. The players and backroom/support staff at Riccarton will be sorry indeed to see them go?as, I know, will a very large section of the Hearts support. They will both leave with our very grateful thanks and best wishes.

Craig Levein will join the club with immediate effect and will assume total responsibility for everything to do with the playing side of the business. He will be responsible for putting in place an end-to-end strategy for how we are going to implement a youth-driven playing policy within the club.

John Murray will return to his former role as a chief scout. In the short-term, he will also assist with running the Academy, while we identify who should head this up. For the last year, John has taken on a wide sphere of responsibilities in support of the club he loves and for that we owe him a vote of thanks. We are pleased to be able to offer him the opportunity to go back to what he loves best; namely identifying new, young talent.

These decisions have been driven by everything that has been said about needing a long-term strategy, built over a 3-5-year planning horizon. For those reasons, the new Board believes that we need to bring in someone with Craig's experience to guide that vision. With such a strong Director of Football on board, we feel we have to spend our limited resources on strengthening and building the Coaching side of the business, rather than having a 1st team manager. Robbie Neilson will take over as Head Coach for the 1st team and we will bring in a strong support team to work with Robbie in terms of an Assistant Coach and U20s Coach.

Over the next few days, a number of other changes will be announced as we start the process of rebuilding our great Club. We will have to say good-bye to a number of the fans' current favourites; we will do our best to secure all our excellent young players; and we will welcome a group of new players, who will help us achieve our vision.

A number of the decisions we make over the next few days and weeks will be driven by finance. We have to ensure we live within our means. All of the decisions have been taken with a view to ensuring the future stability of our club

Quite worrying that if a new owner came in today they could probably copy and paste quite a bit of that statement. Especially the football side of it.

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So sacking Stendel and then getting in Savage, a new CEO, JJ along with the  Bobmeister and his team was not changing it up? 

:notsure:

I am talking about now

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

At least he's not a previous poster who got banned then came back just to pick fights and argue with the same posters as before, while pretending that his presence on JKB is motivated by supporting Hearts. 

If someone was of that ilk they'd Likley get told that it  is pathetic and that he/ she needs to grow up. 

Maybe. 

Hear hear

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Been asking that since the start of the season

Nookie Bear

The 5yr statement focusses on the financial health of the club and Bude would consider that as Job Done.

Maybe it's in the small print but i don't see a mention of a benefactor throwing in millions?

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, pointon said:

I am talking about now

Ahh, so she sos make change and has made major ones recently, just not  what and when you want. 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The 5yr statement focusses on the financial health of the club and Bude would consider that as Job Done.

Maybe it's in the small print but i don't see a mention of a benefactor throwing in millions?

Aye, She never accounted for covid 5 years ago. 

😂

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

These decisions have been driven by the long term strategy.  She did not say they were included in it.

So, a team can’t be managed and cajoled properly along the way while building the infrastructure?

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂

JA put in £9m before covid was even heard of.

When Ann says in Nov 2019: “From a financial perspective we have once again achieved our major objective which was to grow our revenues profitably" she is deluding herself.

siegementality
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Aye, ok. Budge took over a football club and had a five year plan to sort the finances, but nothing in place to address the very reason the football club exists, the footballing side. Really? You think that’s how business works?

You are simply being obtuse. It is clear the two strategies ran in tandem and were part of an over all plan. A new DOF role, new head coach, re-deploying of existing staff. All given remits and defined roles but there was no structure to that, the “end to end strategy” sat out with the five year financial plan and weren’t linked, really!

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Aye, ok. Budge took over a football club and had a five year plan to sort the finances, but nothing in place to address the very reason the football club exists, the footballing side. Really? You think that’s how business works?

You are simply being obtuse. It is clear the two strategies ran in tandem and were part of an over all plan. A new DOF role, new head coach, re-deploying of existing staff. All given remits and defined roles but there was no structure to that, the “end to end strategy” sat out with the five year financial plan and weren’t linked, really!

The plan clearly states that all the financial element is designed to create an environment for the team to flourish on the pitch.

When covid hit we were bottom of the league and relying on a benefactor to bail us out. That's a failure.

13 minutes ago, siegementality said:

You're wasting your time.

Each of the Shill Bots has a different operating system, and with this iteration the tactic is always to get away from discussion of the present shitshow at the club as quickly as possible.

By arguing the semantics of a statement from 2014 you are playing into the algorithm's hands.

37 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Nothing new there then !!!

I think most would agree that the management of our players/team has not been a priority unlike our stadium, the pitch, Bar & Dining, Clubstore, Ticket Office, Conference & Events, Advertising, Sponsorship, Riccarton and I know all these Departments are important and you have to spend money on staff, facility upkeep, staff & transport. But while giving the public a first class product off the pitch I believe we haven’t employed a competent management of the most important department of Heart of Midlothian the Hearts Football Team. Our managers over quite a few years have fallen short of the level Hearts should be at. Our fans have been magnificent and do not deserve to go through another season watching a team that underperformes and too many times look a shambles. After tonight’s last game of the season against Raith Rovers our Board, the CEO have to act and replace Robbie Neilson with a Manager who is capable of bringing success to Hearts. Now is the time to act and if money is the problem I’m sure our loyal support will help as we have never failed the club in it’s time of need.

Edited by mitch41

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I think most would agree that the management of our players/team has not been a priority unlike our stadium, the pitch, Bar & Dining, Clubstore, Ticket Office, Conference & Events, Advertising, Sponsorship, Riccarton and I know all these Departments are important and you have to spend money on staff, facility upkeep, staff & transport. But giving the public and staff a first class product off the pitch I believe we haven’t employed management of the most important department of Heart of Midlothian the Hearts Football Team. Our managers over quite a few years have fallen short of the level Hearts should be at. Our fans have been magnificent and do not deserve to go through another season watching a team that underperformes and too many times look a shambles. After tonight’s last game of the season against Raith Rovers our Board, the CEO have to act and replace Robbie Neilson with a Manager who is capable of bringing success to Hearts. Now is the time to act and if money is the problem I’m sure our loyal support will help as we have never failed the club in it’s time of need.

AB is the problem. She does it her way and does not like being told. She has made mistakes on all aspects but does not like to admit it.

She hid behind Levein after she appointed him to manage all things football and we all know how that transpired.

Expecting that she will change her ways and get rid of Robbie is extremely unlikely.

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I think most would agree that the management of our players/team has not been a priority unlike our stadium, the pitch, Bar & Dining, Clubstore, Ticket Office, Conference & Events, Advertising, Sponsorship, Riccarton and I know all these Departments are important and you have to spend money on staff, facility upkeep, staff & transport. But giving the public and staff a first class product off the pitch I believe we haven’t employed management of the most important department of Heart of Midlothian the Hearts Football Team. Our managers over quite a few years have fallen short of the level Hearts should be at. Our fans have been magnificent and do not deserve to go through another season watching a team that underperformes and too many times look a shambles. After tonight’s last game of the season against Raith Rovers our Board, the CEO have to act and replace Robbie Neilson with a Manager who is capable of bringing success to Hearts. Now is the time to act and if money is the problem I’m sure our loyal support will help as we have never failed the club in it’s time of need.

In fairness to Ann, she says these were being sorted to give the best chance for the team to progress.

In fact, i will complement Ann - we can't say that she doesn't back the team financially.

Clark Griswold

So when are we expecting Rob to get his jotters then? After the Raith game?

9 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Not enough rage and disrespect to the club in this post to deserve a response 🙃😉

26 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Maybe we should start a poll?🤔

4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

So, a team can’t be managed and cajoled properly along the way while building the infrastructure?

Did I say that?

Did she say that?

All I would say is that she was anxious to avoid a repeat of admin and with limited funds you sometimes have to make choices.

She chose infrastructure to form a solid basis for the club to build on.  Others will argue she should have invested in the team and let money pour down the drain, repeatedly patching the old stand to meet H & S requirements and playing on a sub standard pitch.

Neutral observers may conclude that in the short term she possibly made the wrong choice football wise  but overall in the long term it could turn out to have been the right thing to do.

Broxburn Jambo
15 hours ago, siegementality said:

I have no idea what you are on but I’d get off it ASAP if I were you.

I meant there is more chance he will leave than be sacked

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

You must be naive looking in the small print.  Did she even know then that JA would come forward as he did?

That apart, if you are a shareholder, benefactor donations feature in the relevant accounts and, if clarity is needed beyond that, you can ask these sorts of questions at the AGM (if not Covid curtailed).

Are you a shareholder?  I mean with HMFC!

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂

No but she might have known Levein was going to cause it!😀

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did I say that?

Did she say that?

All I would say is that she was anxious to avoid a repeat of admin and with limited funds you sometimes have to make choices.

She chose infrastructure to form a solid basis for the club to build on.  Others will argue she should have invested in the team and let money pour down the drain, repeatedly patching the old stand to meet H & S requirements and playing on a sub standard pitch.

Neutral observers may conclude that in the short term she possibly made the wrong choice football wise  but overall in the long term it could turn out to have been the right thing to do.

Money has been poured down the drain.  Look at the state of the team and the transfer policy in the last few years. 

You make out that all that matters was the long term and the solid base the club can build on. 7 years later we are in the championship.

People will say you should allow 2,3 years to get the clubs paperwork in order and things will then start to move,  but the whole point I think you miss and loads of others do, is decision making will always affect where a football club heads no matter how much “good money” it may make.  

Loads of cash or breaking even, whatever financial clout or constraints you work with you still need the right people to make the TEAM a success and that starts from the top. 

(I suppose whenever Hearts do get it right and show recovery, you can then post how it was all down to that grounding we had built you talk about🙄)

Edited by Debut 4

1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

How long after the match are we to give it before this threads closed? 

6 months

15 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Money has been poured down the drain.  Look at the state of the team and the transfer policy in the last few years. 
It has and hindsight is a wonderful thing.  Maybe she should have hired you to do the forward planning.  What an opportunity missed

You make out that all that matters was the long term and the solid base the club can build on. 7 years later we are in the championship.

I don't make anything out.  I'm merely trying to second guess her motives at the time.

People will say you should allow 2,3 years to get the clubs paperwork in order and things will then start to move,  but the whole point I think you miss and loads of others do, is decision making will always affect where a football club heads no matter how much “good money” it may make.  

Sometimes what people say is a load of ill informed crap.  I think AB might have had a bit more business expertise than those you listen to but she is not infallible and I don't think anyone has claimed otherwise.

Loads of cash or breaking even, whatever financial clout or constraints you work with you still need the right people to make the TEAM a success and that starts from the top. 
You certainly need the right people and that has definitely, again with hindsight, been a weakness.    I think we need someone like you to map out  the road ahead from now (give us your thoughts) so we don't continue on this wayward path.

(I suppose whenever Hearts do get it right and show recovery, you can then post how it was all down to that grounding we had built you talk about🙄)

Are you panicking in case we get things right sooner rather tha later and you have to eat the humblest of humble pie?

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You must be naive looking in the small print.  Did she even know then that JA would come forward as he did?

That apart, if you are a shareholder, benefactor donations feature in the relevant accounts and, if clarity is needed beyond that, you can ask these sorts of questions at the AGM (if not Covid curtailed).

Are you a shareholder?  I mean with HMFC!

Sorry, not sure I get what your point is. 

My point was that she had a plan to make us economically more viable to make us  stronger on the pitch and yet the amount JA has ploughed in to watch us go backwards suggests that has failed. 

44 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are you panicking in case we get things right sooner rather tha later and you have to eat the humblest of humble pie?

Absolutely quivering. 👀

Humble pie?    Explain that one, Al?    

I want nothing more than Hearts to be successful but I don’t pretend like you it’s all rosy in the garden, like you’ve been kidding on it has for the last 3 years.

But I’m talking about ON the park stuff.

Edited by Debut 4

39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry, not sure I get what your point is. 

My point was that she had a plan to make us economically more viable to make us  stronger on the pitch and yet the amount JA has ploughed in to watch us go backwards suggests that has failed. 

But you were wondering if there was reference to JA's money in the small print of her statement, were you not?

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But you were wondering if there was reference to JA's money in the small print of her statement, were you not?

I think you are being obtuse. 

Bazzas right boot

Maybe it's a new type of 5 year plan - the new manager will take 5 years to arrive? 

• davemclaren locked this topic