New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Who?

They're quite easily spotted.

It's seriously scary how our current "predicament" is mentally affecting some.

Take a day off guys. For your own sakes.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

siegementality
1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Churlish IMO to slag RN off for the first half and then give him no credit whatsoever for the half time turnaround that took us within a baw hair of winning the SC. That was an exciting match and all the players deserve applause too for the way they responded.

Anyway, your aptly named user name suggests there's little room for shifting your opinion on RN.

As I've stated before, I wanted him out too, but we did win the Championship at first time of asking. Which means things could have been a lot worse if we'd Hibsed it. And, there are signs in 2 of the last 3 games that RN can pick a team and shape to create fast flowing quality football. For that reason, I am now happy to give him a chance in the early part of next season.

Given what we've had to put up with over the last few years, as the cliche goes, I'd bite your hand off for top 6 next year. Anything better would truly be outstanding.

My user name was chosen in 2006, when everybody and their dog was lining up to have a pop at Hearts under Romanov. The siegementality was against outsiders who criticise the club. I have that same attitude toward outsiders, I am however a bit more mature and can now see that there are times when you cannot defend the indefensible.

Neilson was, and is, a poor choice of manager. He is not what we require to progress. His ‘style’ of football is outdated and will not be effective against Premiership sides. Since 2014, Neilson has spent all but one and half seasons managing in the lower leagues in Scotland and England. His record in the cups is dreadful. At Hearts he has been responsible for our most embarrassing European defeat against Maltese plumbers and bankers, and our most embarrassing Scottish Cup defeat by Highland League Brora Rangers. He’s been emptied out the League Cup by Alloa, and we’ve witnessed some absolutely appalling football throughout the league campaign.  I’ve seen enough to know that Neilson is not what we require.

Lastly, in relation to your “bite your hand off for to 6 next year”.That is exactly the type of attitude that allows complete and utter mediocrity to flourish. Top 6 finishes aren’t success for Hearts and never should be, or maybe I should be watching Manchester City.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

My user name was chosen in 2006, when everybody and their dog was lining up to have a pop at Hearts under Romanov. The siegementality was against outsiders who criticise the club. I have that same attitude toward outsiders, I am however a bit more mature and can now see that there are times when you cannot defend the indefensible.

Neilson was, and is, a poor choice of manager. He is not what we require to progress. His ‘style’ of football is outdated and will not be effective against Premiership sides. Since 2014, Neilson has spent all but one and half seasons managing in the lower leagues in Scotland and England. His record in the cups is dreadful. At Hearts he has been responsible for our most embarrassing European defeat against Maltese plumbers and bankers, and our most embarrassing Scottish Cup defeat by Highland League Brora Rangers. He’s been emptied out the League Cup by Alloa, and we’ve witnessed some absolutely appalling football throughout the league campaign.  I’ve seen enough to know that Neilson is not what we require.

Lastly, in relation to your “bite your hand off for to 6 next year”.That is exactly the type of attitude that allows complete and utter mediocrity to flourish. Top 6 finishes aren’t success for Hearts and never should be, or maybe I should be watching Manchester City.

:bravo:

4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Good post

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "coached properly"?

Sorry, coached and set up in a way that promotes football on the front foot, passing the ball forward quicker, players moving off the ball to create space to name a few. We are slow, side to side passing in a league below where we want to be and struggle to create at times this season. Our Head coach has signed how many wide players? and a big centre forward and we now start with very little width and few balls coming in from wide areas now. The list is endless why it’s time for fresh ideas for our club going forward. 👍

7 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I honestly don't know how anyone could argue against what you have said above, but you just know some will.

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, siegementality said:

:greatpost: 👏

indianajones
14 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Can we get a gofund me set up to get all of the above flown over Tynie? 

Absolutely nailed it Seige. Anyone who disagrees has the wrong attitude. 

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry, coached and set up in a way that promotes football on the front foot, passing the ball forward quicker, players moving off the ball to create space to name a few. We are slow, side to side passing in a league below where we want to be and struggle to create at times this season. Our Head coach has signed how many wide players? and a big centre forward and we now start with very little width and few balls coming in from wide areas now. The list is endless why it’s time for fresh ideas for our club going forward. 👍

So it's not the coaching - it's the choice of tactics.

17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Can we get a gofund me set up to get all of the above flown over Tynie? 

Absolutely nailed it Seige. Anyone who disagrees has the wrong attitude. 

According to air-ads.com we could get 5 foot high letters but for a message that long (1316 characters with spaces) we'd need 42 aircraft.

But I'd say the message is :spoton:

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The Mount Everest of pedantry.

john thomas
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

The Mount Everest of pedantry.

Not in the slightest . Two totally different things

Nookie Bear
54 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

They're quite easily spotted.

It's seriously scary how our current "predicament" is mentally affecting some.

Take a day off guys. For your own sakes.

I see people needing help as well. 

Perhaps not the arm as you do, but still worrying all the same 🙁

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So What would you say coaching is?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
21 minutes ago, siegementality said:

My point Siege, is that you cannot just point to all the deficits without balancing with the credits (it's the mature thing to do :wink:).

I'd bet most people calling for RN's head now will have a JKB post before the season started saying "I don't care how we do it, even if it's ugly football, we have to get out of this tin pot league at the first time of asking." Now, we are complaining about the ugly football as if getting out of the league was a formality

Also, setting a realistic target such as top 6 next year (i.e under promise/over deliver ) is very far from accepting mediocrity. Assuming anyone that doesn't share your outrage also doesn't want, or demand even, football that is exciting and easy on the eye is simply wrong.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I’m worried about which players are retained for next season. 
I’m worried about which players are released/sold next season.

I’m worried about which players are brought in for next season.

I’m worried about what positions are thought to be good enough.

I’m worried about what positions are thought to be not good enough. 
I’m worried about the young up and coming players getting a chance.

I’m worried that Ann Budge fails to sack the management of our First team.

I know that if Neilson & co are not replaced we will see many eye bleeding games next season.

This will lead to many unhappy supporters voicing their views at Ann Budge, FOH & the Manager.

Am I looking forward to next season, well the next 2 months will give myself a bigger insight as to what is going to happen.

Sounds like you are worried? 

Honestly don't see a problem with a manager saying not all signings will work out. It's a reality for every single club on the planet. 

19 minutes ago, john thomas said:

So What would you say coaching is?

indianajones
48 minutes ago, Boof said:

According to air-ads.com we could get 5 foot high letters but for a message that long (1316 characters with spaces) we'd need 42 aircraft.

But I'd say the message is :spoton:

Worth every penny! 

David Black
58 minutes ago, john thomas said:

You have got to correctly coach the players so that they can carry out the tactics you want. 

Leveins Battalion

I’m led to believe that initial chats have taken place with Wullie Pearson to replace Neilson.

He is wants to bring in Joe Hammil as DOF,Joe is aware that all signings won’t be Pele but has great knowledge of Haddington and Nitten and the top players in the regions.

Dont shoot the messenger I am only passing on info.

if this is wrong I I will deactivate my account and donate £4 to Save a Hobo.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I’m led to believe that initial chats have taken place with Wullie Pearson to replace Neilson.

He is wants to bring in Joe Hammil as DOF,Joe is aware that all signings won’t be Pele but has great knowledge of Haddington and Nitten and the top players in the regions.

Dont shoot the messenger I am only passing on info.

if this is wrong I I will deactivate my account and donate £4 to Save a Hobo.

The news we've all been waiting on !!! 👍

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I remember him when I played for Easthouses BC as a kid around 1980!

Top guy 👍

Did u play for Panda?🤣

2 hours ago, siegementality said:

Lastly, in relation to your “bite your hand off for to 6 next year”. That is exactly the type of attitude that allows complete and utter mediocrity to flourish. Top 6 finishes aren’t success for Hearts and never should be, or maybe I should be watching Manchester City.

Best post I've read on here for a good wee while.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

:sweeet:

Telford_jambo123

jose mourinho unveiled monday 3pm presser or the plane with a nasty message will be deployed

:spoton:

We need a winner of a manager at the football club, someone who sets the standards higher than just getting in the top six.

Budge over Neilson out!

2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

:spoton:

We need a winner of a manager at the football club, someone who sets the standards higher than just getting in the top six.

Budge over Neilson out!

Like who?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Like who?

I know he's not done so well recently but I'd take Mourinho still.

I'd also be keen on Sarri, but looks like he's going to Roma.

cauther col

Excellent post , time for change.

Pretty well just close the thread there. Dead on. 

coatbridgejambo
46 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Best post I've read on here for a good wee while.

Yup

Great post

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Like who?

Always love this comment. 

I wonder if you had asked the same question last year in relation to replacing Levein, how many people would have said “Robbie Neilson”?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

So we should have been 2-0 down at HT in 2012 although we went in 2-1 up? Are you actually taking drugs or a Hobbit?

I’m talking about the semi against Celtic 

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know he's not done so well recently but I'd take Mourinho still.

I'd also be keen on Sarri, but looks like he's going to Roma.

I hope you take him as far away from Tynie as possible unless you have unlimited financial resources.

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Always love this comment. 

I wonder if you had asked the same question last year in relation to replacing Levein, how many people would have said “Robbie Neilson”?

It wasn't a comment; it was a serious question totally unrelated to replacing previous managers.

Nookie Bear
Just now, JamboAl said:

It wasn't a comment; it was a serious question totally unrelated to replacing previous managers.

You are right. Should probably stick with Neilson because advertising the role will only attract around 3 applicants. Barely worth it.  

Robbie wasn’t the answer last year, and still is not the answer 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I hope you take him as far away from Tynie as possible unless you have unlimited financial resources.

Think he'd do well. Not sure who would do better with what we've got...that's out of work anyway.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Seems legit. A bit like this thread.

image.jpg

I saw people fall for this on Facebook, mental

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You are right. Should probably stick with Neilson because advertising the role will only attract around 3 applicants. Barely worth it.  

Robbie wasn’t the answer last year, and still is not the answer 

You're so bereft of logic that you resort to making things up.

Please show me where I said we should probably siick with Neilson - or even not stick with him.

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Think he'd do well. Not sure who would do better with what we've got...that's out of work anyway.

He wouldn't be seen near us unless guaranteed a huge budget well out of our reach unless James Anderson.......

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're so bereft of logic that you resort to making things up.

Please show me where I said we should probably siick with Neilson - or even not stick with him.

Do you think we should stick with him?

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I'll tell you once you admit to making things up.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

You’re not allowed on JKB to suggest a manager should be sacked unless you come up with an appropriate list of 100 managers that are both available and within budget so the flat earthers and Covid denyers can scrutinise and then decide RN is still the man.

Clearly RN is the best manager available to us and nobody else would want the job at Scotland’s 3rd biggest club so he should just be given a new 20 year contract and we should just be grateful we still have a team to support. 

25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He wouldn't be seen near us unless guaranteed a huge budget well out of our reach unless James Anderson.......

For sure, but without knowing what our budget is, it's quite hard to make decent suggestions for the role. 

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm not so sure, a back 3 has worked for us, Halkett looks better in that formation alongside Souttar so one main CB to bring in for me.

Full backs are ok between Smith Logan and Kingsley, Central midfield with McEneff and Haring has a strong foundation but a creative type would balance it out perfectly. GMS is a quality player who will surely come good, Ginelly can play well and I like our strike force, I think they'll start banging them in once we click.

I think we're not far away, there's some decent quality in there especially through the spine of the team where we've really missed Haring and Souttar.

We’d miss them next season too if their injury problems aren’t over.

Ideally we’d only be bringing in a couple but this seasons team struggled at times.

We’re gonna need a few, again

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re not allowed on JKB to suggest a manager should be sacked unless you come up with an appropriate list of 100 managers that are both available and within budget so the flat earthers and Covid denyers can scrutinise and then decide RN is still the man.

Clearly RN is the best manager available to us and nobody else would want the job at Scotland’s 3rd biggest club so he should just be given a new 20 year contract and we should just be grateful we still have a team to support. 

Plus it’s too expensive to sack him

anyway 🤷‍♂️

• davemclaren locked this topic