Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...

williamgerrard

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

:facepalm:

aii let’s just group together the unfortunate disabled folk who can’t get the vaccine because of medical reasons.  They aren’t allowed to mingle with the vaccinated folk just, you know, they might be virus riddled arseholes. They have to give up season tickets in seats they may have had for years. I reckon the fans should all chant at them “where’s your vacccine, where’s your vaccine!”

Better yet maybe we should parade them on the park or give them a special pin or badge so folk know who is who? 

Who mentioned disabled or chanting at them ya lunatic. If folk feel that they can’t sit in general public due to not having a vaccine for various reason then the club would be doing them a favour offering them a seat. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ex member of the SaS

• Bazzas right boot

• williamgerrard

• NANOJAMBO

14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Too many on here are arguing about having ( or not ) the vaccine. This is not the point. I am not against the vaccine but I am against carrying a passport to prove I have had it.

I’ve not trawled through the whole thread here. I would go to a match now unvaccinated if the appropriate controls were in place. I’m due to get my vaccination next week, no problem with that. 

I think the club has a duty of care though, it someone goes to a game and it can be evidenced they caught Covid at the game is the club liable for having insufficient measures in place if they don’t ask for a passport?

I don’t have an issue with passports and I don’t see the issue having one if you’ve had your jabs.

I would have an issue with someone saying they’ve had their jabs to attend something and they hadn’t. I would fully expect there would be some folk who would do this. 

I wonder if you may need to show Id with your ticket for track and trace going forward so they know who’s sitting in the 2m radius.

Edited by Hesh

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I assume you volunteered to join the forces. no one forced you but you had to follow certain rules, some of which no doubt kept your colleagues save and alive.

So now your being ASKED to have a vaccination which provides herd immunity to a very large extent and your being advised if you want to go to large events you will need to carry confirmation that you have protected yourself. Going to the event is not compulsory. Getting jagged is not compulsory. Carrying ID is not compulsory. Just don’t do what you feel you don’t want to do. It’s really easy but you are restricting yourself because you already know the rules.

A virus with a very low death rate ? Should we have just let it rip through the country tripling that death rate or should we have developed a vaccine and protected as many people as we could (by protecting I mean keeping them alive by the way) by imposing some restrictions until we had herd immunity. Or are you just a bit pissed off you haven’t been able to go to the pub for a year and feck anyone who died or lost people ?

Don't and haven't drank for over 3 years. Not interested in drinking and have set goals in my life that totally revolve around training, running, climbing and physical activity. 

Currently taking part in a challenge for charity with my family that is 200 burpees a day every day for the entirety of April.

You know nothing about me but yet bring up a pub - maybe that is your reason for HAVING the vaccine and comes from your own insecurities, I don't know.

I am choosing to not have the vaccine, not through being an anti vaxxer, not by being awkward, and certainly not taking it just so the government can spoon feed me some things back which I should be entitled to do regardless of whether anyone else there has had a vaccine for covid, the flu, anything.

The vaccine is a good thing, for those who want it I am happy for them to be able to feel secure and safe. Genuinely am and that is up to them.

Bazzas right boot

The best ones that refuse vaccine are the one that popped disco pills for fun when they were younger, will chuck 12 pints down thier throat every weekend, eat fast food and throw blue juice at their kids. 

All this while smoking 20 a day and having the odd joint now and then. 

When asked- Why don't you want the vaccine? 

Their answer - Unsure of the longer term effects and damage mate... 

:fonzie:

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Why ? Explain the problem you have with it ?

The problem I have is the government already hold ( and not securely ) enough personal information, and I don't want them having any more restrictions on how I live my life.

The point is, those ( myself included ) that have had the vaccine have little to worry about from those that have not or refused. Therefore a passport is pointless. If I attend a large gathering, by having the vaccine I have little to worry about catching covid. First off those in close contact must first have it to pass it on, and if they do have it the vaccine will reduce the impact it has on myself. This is a risk as an adult I am willing to take. Having a passport won't make the slightest difference as someone with a passport ( having had the jab ) can still get covid and pass it on to me. That's life go out and live a little.

There is also the point that if made compulsory to have a passport then there will be another opening for the unsavoury to make money from fakes thus negating the point.

I am not anti vax just anti passport.

1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

We are united in the belief that anti-vaxxer is not a good way to describe those that chose the path they have chosen. It's misleading and racist. It does not help to create a safer experience at the footy. 

We also think calling them lepers is inappropriate.

We have heard of people shouting go do your VSE while throwing things at these poor misguided and very dangerous lost soles. Although doing so is not racist, we do not condone it. 

We must find a new way of refer to them that does not have them feeling left out and bullied. 

A Heifer

We are putting forward the name Heifers as a way of referring to them. Admittedly, it does sound a bit like lepers, however, we are sure that those that are woke, will not let themselves be swayed by this.

We would also like to add that we are very much against yellow stars. We have moved on. They are racist. We know that even the Heifers would agree that a rainbow star would be far more appropriate.

Let's all work together for a safer game of footy.

Yours, The way forward. 

Tell that to Neilson. My ticker's frazzled.....!

2 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I’ve not trawled through the whole thread here. I would go to a match now unvaccinated if the appropriate controls were in place. I’m due to get my vaccination next week, no problem with that. 

I think the club has a duty of care though, it someone goes to a game and it can be evidenced they caught Covid at the game is the club liable for having insufficient measures in place if they don’t ask for a passport?

I don’t have an issue with passports and I don’t see the issue having one if you’ve had your jabs.

I would have an issue with someone saying they’ve had their jabs to attend something and they hadn’t. I would fully expect there would be some folk who would do this. 

They have said you can still catch it despite having the vaccine. So the game would be an apparent breeding ground with everyone shouting and sitting right beside each other.

williamgerrard
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The best ones that refuse vaccine are the one that popped disco pills for fun when they were younger, will chuck 12 pints down thier throat every weekend, eat fast food and throw blue juice at their kids. 

Well never done any that myself dude next insult please

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Same with the folk that take their mask down to smoke a fag. 

Brilliant. 

It's ok to kill yourself one way but not another.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Good for you chum. Stand up for your rights and be an individual. Me ? I’m getting vaccinated to keep myself and others from dying and I’m happy to carry an app that says so, plus I don’t want anti vaxxers inhabiting the same spaces I intend to inhabit. This is NOT the only thing you’ll be excluded from doing by the way.

If you went to a match and found out you were sitting next to a child (ie an unvaccinated individual) what would you do?

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That is so true and would be funny if not for the reality of it!

Just now, Gards said:

I'll get the vaccine when it's offered as I want to look after my and my family's health.  However I do have concerns about having to prove you have been vaccinated to go into a football game, pub etc.  

I'd like to hope that once the majority to get the vaccine, that herd immunity will kick in, hospital numbers, deaths etc will stay low and we don't need to go down this path.

Opens up all sorts of moral, discrimitory and other ethical concerns for me.

Whilst I understand, it is not about you but others you may pass any virus on to

There is no 100% guarantee even after vaccination but there is no doubt it will lessen the chance of transmission and that is the important point

Those who have not been vaccinated carry with them a higher chance of infecting others......now I do sympathise with those younger members of society who have not even had the vaccine offered to them and feel they are being discriminated against but it won't be long until they have the chance to take the vaccine.

However many of those younger society members have done themselves no favours in recent weeks when 'freedoms' were slowly introduced seemingly not bothered about the risk of transmission and you have to say trusting them has little evidence that it would work...just look at this weekend for example

So lets get the second injections done, get the first injections for the 40,30 and 20 year olds (and younger) and then discuss mixing for all....even then depending on which vaccine is taken it may need a second dose

3 minutes ago, 151 said:

They have said you can still catch it despite having the vaccine. So the game would be an apparent breeding ground with everyone shouting and sitting right beside each other.

Indeed, as I gave an example of above, are they just going to consign activities with crowds to history then?

1 minute ago, Hesh said:

Indeed, as I gave an example of above, are they just going to consign activities with crowds to history then?

No they would surely have to learn to live with it - the same way we do with the cold.

Just now, 151 said:

No they would surely have to learn to live with it - the same way we do with the cold.

Which is what I feel we should be doing 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, 151 said:

correct, we are adults and can make up our own minds how risky things are. Not many go sky diving due to risks that is their right to choose not to.

1 minute ago, Hesh said:

Which is what I feel we should be doing 

Of course we should. What is the alternative? Keep going with these lockdowns? Getting pathetic.

As I'm reading this thread and am booked for a jab tomorrow we got a phone call from my wife's work, there is an outbreak there and she has been exposed, she has followed masking protocols and should be ok, instead of preparing a lovely Easter brunch with scallops and eggs she is now on her way to the ER to be tested for covid! Happy freaking Easter!

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Well never done any that myself dude next insult please

Not everyone will have, but I've had that conversation with someone who was smoking while debating it. 

Many will have concerns and be genuine. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, gator said:

As I'm reading this thread and am booked for a jab tomorrow we got a phone call from my wife's work, there is an outbreak there and she has been exposed, she has followed masking protocols and should be ok, instead of preparing a lovely Easter brunch with scallops and eggs she is now on her way to the ER to be tested for covid! Happy freaking Easter!

Sorry but I see little point in getting tested. The test is unreliable and if she has symptoms then self isolate. In the mean time she should self isolate until it's clear she either has or has not got it.

Shame it will spoil your week end though.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, 151 said:

Same with the folk that take their mask down to smoke a fag. 

Brilliant. 

It's ok to kill yourself one way but not another.

I agree to an extent. 

Good example  Tbh, and that why smoking inside is.... Banned- so others aren't effected. 

What Covid seems to have shown is that we really do have elements of our society that believe until last March we all lived our lives without restriction or that we should be able to do so and bugger the consequences.

Edit - meant for big thread in the Shed.

Edited by DETTY29

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry but I see little point in getting tested. The test is unreliable and if she has symptoms then self isolate. In the mean time she should self isolate until it's clear she either has or has not got it.

Shame it will spoil your week end though.

Thanks for the advice, I'll cancel her test and we'll get on with our Easter Brunch!

stranraer-jambo

I agree with everyone who say that having the vaccine will not prevent the individual from getting the virus, it will only reduce the effect that the virus will have on the individual.

Equally a vaccinated individual can pass on the virus to both a non vaccinated and a vaccinated individual.

This is the crux of why allowing vaccinated people into areas of mass gatherings is really all about.

If you are infected at a mass gathering and have been vaccinated then the chances of you requiring hospital treatment or ICU is significantly reduced. If you have not been vaccinated then this becomes much more of a possibility.

This is also not just about Tynecastle or football stadia, it is about all entertainment or non essential venues.

Consider the possibility of regular, numerous football matches alone throughout the country having large groups of non vaccinated individuals present. The chances of the virus causing a significant number from this group of people to become seriously ill is increased much more.

This is not just about being a personal choice of vaccinating or not. It is about continuing to protect the NHS resources to function normally. We have already seen that the treatment of illnesses other than Covid-19 have had to be delayed or cancelled while the resources and finances have been prioritised to cope with the pandemic.

This is about allowing people who are vaccinated and less likely to require ER treatment to return to normality, while the people who would more likely require the ER treatment are excluded. It then becomes a matter of how much the individual wants to be included (provision would naturally have to be considered for those who are exempt). 

It is not about a human rights issue either of being vaccinated or not. That is still the choice of the individual. There are plenty examples of people having particular requirements before being allowed to do something, as has also been mentioned.

Sorry to be so blunt.

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

Ludicrous idea.  What about drinkers who needs treatment due to their drinking, smokers due to smoking, or someone who crosses at a red man, and gets hit by a car.

If there was a vaccine for alcoholics and alcohols refused it then yes, refuse treatment.

Your car analogy doesn't make sense 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, gator said:

Thanks for the advice, I'll cancel her test and we'll get on with our Easter Brunch!

:laugh2:

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You don't get it, the whole thread is about being forced to carry a passport ( for want of a better description ) to attend a football match.

If you want to travel abroad you are forced to have a passport. It's your decision whether you want to or not

williamgerrard

Here my opinion yes I agree re covid passport for international travel.Re sports venues and etc I disagree all those who slag likes of myself for choosing not to take the vaccine it's my choice if you get your vaccine it's ment to protect you so why on earth would you be against us non vaxers .Just for the record I usually take all other vaccines that's been trialled for 10 plus years but this covid one is suspicious due to lack of years been trialled and the fact I don't trust the UK government .My post was based on vaccine passport and getting into football only  

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, XB52 said:

If you want to travel abroad you are forced to have a passport. It's your decision whether you want to or not

Some countries you have to be vaccinated for various diseases. 

It's not fair.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

Here my opinion yes I agree re covid passport for international travel.Re sports venues and etc I disagree all those who slag likes of myself for choosing not to take the vaccine it's my choice if you get your vaccine it's ment to protect you so why on earth would you be against us non vaxers .Just for the record I usually take all other vaccines that's been trialled for 10 plus years but this covid one is suspicious due to lack of years been trialled and the fact I don't trust the UK government .My post was based on vaccine passport and getting into football only  

If you need a passport for the pub they can ram it.

:Aye:

9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That was the point I made to @niblick1874 I will have to show proof of vaccination in order to board a plane to travel to Scotland, whether they want to see one upon Tyncastle entry won't really matter although in my opinion I think they should! You don't have to get the vax but people will have to realize private businesses will require proof of in order to be a customer!

Edited by gator

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

I agree with everyone who say that having the vaccine will not prevent the individual from getting the virus, it will only reduce the effect that the virus will have on the individual.

Equally a vaccinated individual can pass on the virus to both a non vaccinated and a vaccinated individual.

This is the crux of why allowing vaccinated people into areas of mass gatherings is really all about.

If you are infected at a mass gathering and have been vaccinated then the chances of you requiring hospital treatment or ICU is significantly reduced. If you have not been vaccinated then this becomes much more of a possibility.

This is also not just about Tynecastle or football stadia, it is about all entertainment or non essential venues.

Consider the possibility of regular, numerous football matches alone throughout the country having large groups of non vaccinated individuals present. The chances of the virus causing a significant number from this group of people to become seriously ill is increased much more.

This is not just about being a personal choice of vaccinating or not. It is about continuing to protect the NHS resources to function normally. We have already seen that the treatment of illnesses other than Covid-19 have had to be delayed or cancelled while the resources and finances have been prioritised to cope with the pandemic.

This is about allowing people who are vaccinated and less likely to require ER treatment to return to normality, while the people who would more likely require the ER treatment are excluded. It then becomes a matter of how much the individual wants to be included (provision would naturally have to be considered for those who are exempt). 

It is not about a human rights issue either of being vaccinated or not. That is still the choice of the individual. There are plenty examples of people having particular requirements before being allowed to do something, as has also been mentioned.

Sorry to be so blunt.

100%

That is the point. 

The virus will circulate and folk will get ill. 

Vaccinated folk wil in general be less ill and manage it much like a cold, a fever etc. 

Unvaccinated folk will in general have more severe reactions and more will require short and long term NHS treatment. 

This costs more money and time and more to the point preventable. 

This is the selfish part imo. 

Business's will also look or want to be seen  to protect themselves, their staff and other customers. Also in terms of liability, having a passport system to allow big crowds in thier building or event space ensures they are being as  diligent from not only a health point of view, but a legal point of view. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, gator said:

That was the point I made to @niblick1874 I will have to show proof of vaccination in order to board a plane to travel to Scotland, whether they want to see one upon Tyncastle entry won't really matter although in my opinion I think they should! You don't have to get the fax but people will have to realize private businesses will require proof of in order to be a customer!

That will be a business that loses a lot of custom. There is already pub chains claiming they will not ask for a passport and these pubs will be the busiest.

As stated those vaccinated have little to fear so what does it matter if they mingle with non vaccinated. They have to have covid before they can pass it on and vaccinated people can do this too ( if they have it obviously ) 

2 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

You choose not to protect yourself ?  You'd rather risk death or "long Covid" than get vaccinated ? 

And if the whole population takes your  approach we won't be talking about "passports" because there won't be any crowds ? 

Talk about having your cake & eating it. 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

You choose not to protect yourself ?  You'd rather risk death or "long Covid" than get vaccinated ? 

And if the whole population takes your  approach we won't be talking about "passports" because there won't be any crowds ? 

People are talking as if everyone who catches it dies or is seriously ill. This is not the case as many, many people catch it and don't even know they have. Can't remember the figures but it's something like 99% catch it and have nothing more than flu like symptoms.

williamgerrard
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The Question I then ask would the government's ever lie to the public I would say yes .End of the day we all have our own opinions that's life but border line discrimination and I think the government is about to cross it .Did you watch panarama lately shows you clearly numbers could have been manipulated .Yes virus is real but care to explain this people having covid on death certificates when sadly it was something else I know loads of people that's happened to all I will say Boris n co plan divide and conquer is in full swing creating people having a go at each other just like Robbie neilson at our club also splits opinion 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

It is your choice. 

And it will be the industries choice or owners/businesses choice to only allow vaccinated folk into them. 

This could be see to be protecting the NHS, the community, other customers and staff and also possibly mitigate any legal fall out if a person, for example catches covid from thier premises. 

It will be thier choice to allow access, Whether that be an airport, cinema, football ground or a pub.

In regards to football, giving the big crowds, fans movement on a match day and it being in the public eye and the influence it has, it makes sense for  to be seen to be leading the way, especiallyin  protecting the NHS. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

People are talking as if everyone who catches it dies or is seriously ill. This is not the case as many, many people catch it and don't even know they have. Can't remember the figures but it's something like 99% catch it and have nothing more than flu like symptoms.

I'm not.  My point is quite simple : what happens if we all decide we don't want to get vaccinated ? 

Being told that I may not be able to travel abroad or go to a pub or restaurant, or the cinema/theatre, or go to watch my beloved HMFC if I don’t have some kind of passport or proof of vaccine card, is the very reason I opted out on 21st March.

Called the NHS to inform them so that someone else could take my appointment.

vitamin D, Zinc & loads of green veg & fruit is my chosen choice of defence, but I won’t criticise those who have and will get the vaccine.

williamgerrard
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not.  My point is quite simple : what happens if we all decide we don't want to get vaccinated ? 

Usual MSM and government push and manipulate numbers to suit there agenda there's alot of serious questions not been answered by UK government numbers have certainly been manufactured if you need proof ask for 5 year death rates from freedom of info act numbers are lower than being told 

Just now, williamgerrard said:

Usual MSM and government push and manipulate numbers to suit there agenda there's alot of serious questions not been answered by UK government numbers have certainly been manufactured if you need proof ask for 5 year death rates from freedom of info act numbers are lower than being told 

What happens if we all adopt your behaviour and refuse to get vaccinated ? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It's about 85% iirc at this time. 

10% get ill, and about 5% need hospital treatment,  about 2/3% die

Long covid is also  expected to mean about 1 million folk  will require Continous treatment for years or for life. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Was not intended to single you out, just easy to quote your post. As for your question it would depend on the disease. Either there would be lots of deaths or nature would find a cure( herd immunity ) only time would tell.

The severity of the disease would dictate which route went down. We don't enforce mass vaccination for colds or flu but would maybe insist for bubonic plague😜

Ex member of the SaS
4 minutes ago, sac said:

Being told that I may not be able to travel abroad or go to a pub or restaurant, or the cinema/theatre, or go to watch my beloved HMFC if I don’t have some kind of passport or proof of vaccine card, is the very reason I opted out on 21st March.

Called the NHS to inform them so that someone else could take my appointment.

vitamin D, Zinc & loads of green veg & fruit is my chosen choice of defence, but I won’t criticise those who have and will get the vaccine.

Correct vitamins and healthy eating /exercise will always be better that lab made vaccines. Having said that there are times when vaccines are also good.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You don't have a ticket you can't come in. 

I’m up for it , if it gets us back to some kind of normality like

Tyncastle on a Saturday!!!!!

PUB’S BACK OPEN !!!!!!!

getting back to seeing family !!!!!!!!

a holiday in the sun !!!!!!!!!

Golf holiday as well !!!!!!!!!

O yesssss 

🥳🍺😎🏌🏿‍♂️

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok but how can you tell who has and who has not, Like people have said just pin a big yellow star on their coat? Vaccine passports can never work at football as the queues would mean games not starting as half the fans would still be outside trying to get in.

I'm guessing here but the fact it is referred to as a passport, suggests that those who get one will effectively receive something they carry with them to verify that situation. Just like you would present a normal passport at customs when entering a foreign country, now you may have to provide both your travel passport and vaccine passport if looking to travel abroad on holiday. At home, and specifically in this case football matches, it could be the case that whatever is issued to represent the vaccine passport may be a scanable card/document and clubs could just scan it with match tickets on entry, which shouldn't really take up an awful lot of time at the turnstiles. It may mean some clubs will have to install new technology at their turnstiles to make sure all clubs can meet requirements.

I fully respect your right, and others in the same position, not to get the jab if you choose not to but you have to accept that businesses, including football clubs (and possibly pubs) may refuse you entry to their premises. That isn't discrimination, the reason for refusal would be for not meeting entry requirements. At the moment it would be like someone turning up to a football match without either their ST or a match ticket and being refused entry, that isn't discrimination it is just the person failing to meet requirements. Now, it seems, there will be an extra requirement and people have the choice to meet that requirement or be refused entry.

Edited by portobellojambo1

williamgerrard
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Listen we all have our own opinions but one thing I've noticed it's split the population against each other that's what it's been designed for tell you something else 2030 everything will be revealed this isn't a UK issue it's alot bigger .Here's another thing people slag others on Facebook re no medical background but yet everyone is happy for a certain bill gates to dictate re vaccines this is the same person who has no medical background but yet has shared in sage and who 

• JKBMod 3 changed the title to Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...