Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...

williamgerrard

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, gjcc said:

As in Kerry Katona?

I'm not going to mention diddies, soap and showers no matter how many times you ask.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ex member of the SaS

• Bazzas right boot

• williamgerrard

• NANOJAMBO

N Lincs Jambo

The OP asked if vaccine passports should be a requirement to do things like go to the football. It seems the conversation has moved away from this.

If you have been vaccinated then, assuming of course the vaccines work, you have nothing to worry about from people who have not been vaccinated. Why? Because you are protected.

If they don’t work???? I’ll leave it to you to fill in the gaps.

Maiden Gorgie

I can see both sides here. I am hesitant to get it myself but probably will. I don't necessarily agree with vaccines and have not had the flu one for that reason. This is a different kettle of fish though.

Passports I agree with though. Maybe by taking these measures now we might not need them for very long.

Stuart McNeill
12 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

The OP asked if vaccine passports should be a requirement to do things like go to the football. It seems the conversation has moved away from this.

If you have been vaccinated then, assuming of course the vaccines work, you have nothing to worry about from people who have not been vaccinated. Why? Because you are protected.

Afaik the vaccine doesnt give you 100% protection. 

It means you're less likely to get very ill if you were to catch covid. 

Doctor FinnBarr

I was offered my vaccine for Wednesday past which I had to turn down because I work constant backshift, they couldn't find any slots for me at Bathgate/Howden or Ingliston and pretty much told me I'd need to wait til after the 2nd jabs were done.

Back to Wednesday past, I had to visit a dermatology consultant in St Johns. She told me they want to put me on a drug that lowers my immune system and I needed my first jab done. I phoned them, explained the situation and bang, got a jab on the 17th without having to provide any sort of proof!

N Lincs Jambo
3 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Afaik the vaccine doesnt give you 100% protection. 

It means you're less likely to get very ill if you were to catch covid. 

No vaccines do give you 100% protection Stuart. However the question of whether you or I will ever be “allowed” back into Tynecastle has never ever previously been an issue of having to prove that you are somehow healthy. As you say, you’re less likely to get very ill, which btw, is clearly different from the premise of every previous vaccine as previous vaccines have been marketed to us on the basis that if you have the jab, you won’t get ill.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

See when everyone bitches and moans like they are the pure ***** in me, something I thought I had grown out of, just wants me to tell everyone to go and **** themselves. 

“just get get the jag”

”yer selfish if you don’t get the vaccine”

“Only ***** don’t get the vaccine”

:orly?:

all that does is make me want to tell everyone to ram it without any ****s given. But all you morally better folk keep bashing folk for being slightly worried or sceptical over something that is being injected into their body. 

You'll grow out of the rebellious stroppy teenager stage at some point. 

The “passport” isn’t going to put additional restrictions on people who decide against the vaccine. It’s about getting those that have been vaccinated back to normality sooner, allowing businesses and industries to gear back up with a lesser degree of risk. People without a vaccine will still be less restricted than they are now.

Some folk on here are acting as if they’ll be permanently ostracised from society...

100 years from now:

5B1AC015-391D-44E8-8035-0E575C7D645B.jpeg

Prince Buaben
11 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

No vaccines do give you 100% protection Stuart. However the question of whether you or I will ever be “allowed” back into Tynecastle has never ever previously been an issue of having to prove that you are somehow healthy. As you say, you’re less likely to get very ill, which btw, is clearly different from the premise of every previous vaccine as previous vaccines have been marketed to us on the basis that if you have the jab, you won’t get ill.

Isn't on the same premises as the Flu Jag which doesn't make you immune to the flu but if you get it won't make you seriously ill?

Bindy Badgy
36 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Isn't on the same premises as the Flu Jag which doesn't make you immune to the flu but if you get it won't make you seriously ill?

The flu jag is different to most other vaccines. There are thousands of different viruses that fall under the 'flu' banner. Infectious disease experts predict which strains are going to be most common in the coming year and design vaccines to combat them. Sometime their predictions are spot on and sometimes they aren't. If you get the flu after having the flu jag there is a decent probability that the strain you were exposed to wasn't targeted in the vaccine.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

I would more likely go to somewhere that checked vaccine "passports" than not. I would feel safer.

Take or not its up to you but if a private business refused you entry because you could not prove you have had a vaccine, then I would support that.

Haven't enough folk died yet?

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

The flu jag is different to most other vaccines. There are thousands of different viruses that fall under the 'flu' banner. Infectious disease experts predict which strains are going to be most common in the coming year and design vaccines to combat them. Sometime their predictions are spot on and sometimes they aren't. If you get the flu after having the flu jag there is a decent probability that the strain you were exposed to wasn't targeted in the vaccine.

Better having the vaccine than not.

20 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

In fairness, the OP themselves played their part in derailing this topic. A topic worth discussing spiralled into a classic case of tin foil hat wearing.

• 2 years later...
il Duce McTarkin
45 minutes ago, escobri said:

https://www.who.int/news/item/05-06-2023-the-european-commission-and-who-launch-landmark-digital-health-initiative-to-strengthen-global-health-security

I for one am flabbergasted that health passports are on there way back, WHO could have seen this coming. 

Me along with thousands of others need a health/vaccination 'passport' to go to work each day.  What's the big deal?

53 minutes ago, escobri said:

https://www.who.int/news/item/05-06-2023-the-european-commission-and-who-launch-landmark-digital-health-initiative-to-strengthen-global-health-security

I for one am flabbergasted that health passports are on there way back, WHO could have seen this coming. 

Did they ever leave? Such “passports” have been around for many, many years. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, escobri said:

They can bolt👍 those Damn “conspiracy theorists” eh ? 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, escobri said:

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Me along with thousands of others need a health/vaccination 'passport' to go to work each day.  What's the big deal?

I've no doubt a system like this would benefit people in a work environment like yours whatever it may be, it's not needed for everyone on the planet though.

12 minutes ago, escobri said:

I've no doubt a system like this would benefit people in a work environment like yours whatever it may be, it's not needed for everyone on the planet though.

Where has the WHO stated that this is needed for everyone on the planet?

25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Where has the WHO stated that this is needed for everyone on the planet?

It's in the subtext, innit.

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

They can bolt👍 those Damn “conspiracy theorists” eh ? 

Sadly most on here showed the covid pass at Tynecastle like it was a badge of honour and will be happy to do so again.

periodictabledancer
4 hours ago, escobri said:

Please quote us the section(s)  that upsets you.

Thanks. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

JudyJudyJudy
54 minutes ago, escobri said:

Sadly most on here showed the covid pass at Tynecastle like it was a badge of honour and will be happy to do so again.

And we’re hoping that those who didn’t have one would be thrown in the “ meat 🥩 wagons “ ! 

30 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Please quote us the section(s)  that upsets you.

Thanks. 

WHO said I was upset? 

periodictabledancer
Just now, escobri said:

WHO said I was upset? 

OK, so you really didn't read it.

Thanks for confirming.