Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...

williamgerrard

john thomas
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok but how can you tell who has and who has not, Like people have said just pin a big yellow star on their coat? Vaccine passports can never work at football as the queues would mean games not starting as half the fans would still be outside trying to get in.

Issue some kind of passport ?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ex member of the SaS

• Bazzas right boot

• williamgerrard

• NANOJAMBO

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Part of what you say is true. It's the old ( me ) and infirm, so why have a passport for the young and healthy? Diseases come and go and we have had worse without having a passport to get into football.

Because it is the young and healthy that make the world go round, like it or not.  It's the young and healthy that look after the elderly and infirm and therefor they need to have as little exposure or as maximum protection from this and other viruses, as they can get.  That's why the need to have this vaccination and that's why it should be no hassle for them to be able to prove they have had the vaccine in whatever form.

Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Hearts were part of a trial, loads of other clubs took part as well, about how attending matched may change going forward with covid. Basically you’ll have to supply Hearts with your negative test result before they send you out your tickets. Looks about £30 for the test and then your ticket price. Looking at near £60 per game to attended. Not sure how it works with season books etc. 

Sounds like an absolute non-starter. If the powers that be think that people are going to want to take a covid test every single time they want to attend a football match, they're off their heads.

A one-off (two-off?) vaccine is one thing, but a negative test before every match? Mental. Is the testing capacity even large enough to accomodate that?

David Black
4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Whatever our personal opinions of vaccines are businesses will be focussed solely on risk mitigation and this will be viewed as a tool to do this. This is understandable as they are losing massive amounts of money just now and they will do anything they can to prevent this reoccurring. Respect your right to choose but you must have realised the likely consequences.

Businesses first priority should be to look after the welfare of their employees. If you have to have proof of being vaccinated, you should just as easily have a card or something to say you cannot take the vaccine due to a medical condition, therefor no one is discriminated against. Those who decide just not to take it have to live with the consequences both in health risk and social live. Before I got my first my wife said would I be happy if I had to go to Easter Road for one. I was so desperate to get mine I said I would go to ER at 2am wearing a Hibs scarf. Thankfully it never came to that.  

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

If they introduce vaccine passports then watch the lawsuits pile. Simply no way that it isn’t a human rights violation. What ever way you think about it discrimination based on someone’s right to choose is wrong. I don’t care how important the vaccine is if someone decides for what ever reason, medical or religious or just because they don’t choose to, doesn’t give the state the right to tell them they can’t live their lives. **** living in that world. 

I’ll be getting the vaccine simply because I think it is the right thing to do. I won’t sit in judgement on anyone who decide not to. You are a ***** if you do. 

It's not a human rights violation though.

No-one is being forced to take the vaccine. It's a choice...if you want to come in to our establishment, take the vaccine. I suppose you could dilute it down to a similar "if you want to come in to our night club, put on smart shoes". Is it a human rights violation if you're denied entry somewhere because of your attire?

Your last sentence, people who are healthy and able to take the vaccine but don't...they're surely either selfish or ill-informed. I don't think these discussions are about judgement, I think it's about trying to get through to people who have been given false information and convince them that vaccination is the best thing for everyone. Easier said than done though.

This is My Story Podcast
5 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Sounds like an absolute non-starter. If the powers that be think that people are going to want to take a covid test every single time they want to attend a football match, they're off their heads.

A one-off (two-off?) vaccine is one thing, but a negative test before every match? Mental. Is the testing capacity even large enough to accomodate that?

It was a small scale test but as i understand it, you need a negative test for entrance, for every match. I may have that totally wrong but that’s how I remember it being explained to me. 

55 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

I have a feeling this will be mandatory soon and my personal opinion I won't be taking vaccine so pretty much rules out me attending football .I am curious what other people think about passports to get into tynie 

If you need one to watch this shit I'll give it a bye.  No seriously dont see the problem if it let's us get back to normallity

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

Businesses first priority should be to look after the welfare of their employees. If you have to have proof of being vaccinated, you should just as easily have a card or something to say you cannot take the vaccine due to a medical condition, therefor no one is discriminated against. Those who decide just not to take it have to live with the consequences both in health risk and social live. Before I got my first my wife said would I be happy if I had to go to Easter Road for one. I was so desperate to get mine I said I would go to ER at 2am wearing a Hibs scarf. Thankfully it never came to that.  

I 💯 agree on the card for people who cannot have the vaccine. I notice that some people who can't wear masks wear lanyards in shops and exceptions need to be respected.

30 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I believe its all talk in an effort to make a lot of people 50/50 take it - can see it being brought in for foreign travel but would be surprised if it we need it to get into football theatres pubs (who are generally against it) etc etc

Football,Theatres and Pubs etc

will soon be for it if it means full capacity instead of limited capacity. 

Many venues will run at a loss if attendances are restricted and might decide its not worth opening at all imo. 

highlandjambo3
14 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

This is the way life is going.

If you don't want it, you shouldn't be forced to but please accept that private companies have the right to refuse you service or entry.

You're making your own choice so please respect other's choice to keep you out of their businesses,  premises, aeroplanes, cinemas, stadiums and even countries.

I’m here with this.......

I am just about to be vaccinated as is my wife.

I have a small guesthouse and will be taking tourists in the not to distant future so, in the first instance, I have a duty of care for the safety of my guests.  It may be that guests making a booking in the future may ask if all residents and staff at the property have been vaccinated, they may be vulnerable and have other medical conditions.

I have had people not commit to booking because of allergies to cats (I have cats) even though though my cats don’t venture into the public parts of the property, that’s fine it’s their choice.

Forcing people to be vaccinated is wrong however, if you choose not to be vaccinated then I’ll choose not to let you book a room at my property.

I’ve traveled extensively and have had numerous vaccinations to get into some countries, no vaccine no entry....simple.

Of course like any opportunity to make dosh, if there are vaccination passports in the future, there will be opportunists making and selling illegal passports.

3 minutes ago, marcus said:

It's not a human rights violation though.

No-one is being forced to take the vaccine. It's a choice...if you want to come in to our establishment, take the vaccine. I suppose you could dilute it down to a similar "if you want to come in to our night club, put on smart shoes". Is it a human rights violation if you're denied entry somewhere because of your attire?

Your last sentence, people who are healthy and able to take the vaccine but don't...they're surely either selfish or ill-informed. I don't think these discussions are about judgement, I think it's about trying to get through to people who have been given false information and convince them that vaccination is the best thing for everyone. Easier said than done though.

Trying to convince folk by giving them all the correct information and doing it politely is one thing. However I have seen some utter tossers abusing folk online and otherwise for expressing an opinion which goes again the vaccine narrative.

So how are we going to go about this. Every fan has to show a vaccine passport before getting in? What about the ones who say they are exempt? Would be surely them against their humans right to have to explain or show evidence of this. 

30 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If you don't want it, you shouldn't be forced to but please accept that private companies have the right to refuse you service or entry.

You're making your own choice so please respect other's choice to keep you out of their businesses,  premises, aeroplanes, cinemas, stadiums and even countries.

This is where I am at. 

I won't be forced into a vaccine and therefore am happy to rule out going to any premises that enforce such rules. 

Can't see it happening anyway tbh, the flu kills loads of vulnerable people but no ones ever asked me to prove ive had a flu jab.

Ps. This isn't a post comparing the 2, i'm just using another vaccine as an example.

28 minutes ago, kila said:

What do you think it is? :ninja:

What do you think it is?

Vaccines create antibodies not a build up of prions. 

How can you be sure the information they are handing out is the right ones? There are many who disagree with current thinking and it's hard to know which is right or wrong. That is why as adults we have a choice.

I have faith in science, and I have much more belief in the sources that are providing information that the vaccine program is the best way forward...than the ones that say there are micro chips in the vaccine.

You're correct that there are many who disagree, but a large number of wrong people are still wrong...it doesn't matter how big the group becomes, it doesn't make them right. The anti-vaxer movement is really dangerous now.  The people who disagree are also the people who make money from their YouTube conspiracy videos and appearances on TV compared to sources like the British Medical Journal. 

Vaccine passport, I'd be in. Either a physical document, or a green light on an app with live date/timestamp along the lines of mobile bus tickets. Both would be quick to show/scan.

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Trying to convince folk by giving them all the correct information and doing it politely is one thing. However I have seen some utter tossers abusing folk online and otherwise for expressing an opinion which goes again the vaccine narrative.

So how are we going to go about this. Every fan has to show a vaccine passport before getting in? What about the ones who say they are exempt? Would be surely them against their humans right to have to explain or show evidence of this. 

It probably will be against the law.  It already is with regards to mask wearing. 

40 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Don't see an issue with it personally. 

The bigger issue is the govt controlling our every move,just like in China. 

2 minutes ago, marcus said:

I have faith in science, and I have much more belief in the sources that are providing information that the vaccine program is the best way forward...than the ones that say there are micro chips in the vaccine.

You're correct that there are many who disagree, but a large number of wrong people are still wrong...it doesn't matter how big the group becomes, it doesn't make them right. The anti-vaxer movement is really dangerous now.  The people who disagree are also the people who make money from their YouTube conspiracy videos and appearances on TV compared to sources like the British Medical Journal. 

Vaccine passport, I'd be in. Either a physical document, or a green light on an app with live date/timestamp along the lines of mobile bus tickets. Both would be quick to show/scan.

But the people who are "right" in your eyes are also making millions off the back of said vaccine, and off the back of mandatory masks and all the other stuff that comes with it. 

Works both ways.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, marcus said:

Chips in the jab are made up stories but this is not about being an anti vaxer, as I have had the first jab and will get the second when called. Had many vaccines over the years but never once needed a passport to go to the pub or pictures.

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

One last word, If what you claim is right why did we not have a vaccine for bird flu, Sars, or even aids or ebola,? All much more serious than this.

Let's take them in isolation shall we and look at the real world.

Bird Flu/SARS - The infection level of these and the transmitability (the 'R' number) of each is about 3 orders of magnitude LOWER than SAR-COVID-19.  The outbreaks were therefore reasonably well contained and isolated quickly.

AIDS - This virus is not transmitted WITH A COUGH!!!!  It is transmitted through sexual contact or infected blood products.

Ebola - This virus is a MASS killer with a lethality in excess of 80% of untreated victims.  This is a good and bad thing as it means it has trouble spreading beyond the local infection area as it KILLS most people who can transmit it onwards.  Also, existing tratments have been show to have a reasonably good effect on helping people recover from it.

The COVID-19 virus is particularly bad as it is both HIGHLY more contagious than ANY of the viruses you mentioned above and it targets weaker victims.  This means that it can jump easily from person to person with many, if not most, of the people that get it not even knowing they have had it or making the assumption that their sore head or dry cough is from a common cold infection.  the high infection levels from this infection also means that the virus mutates a LOT faster than any of the viruses you mention, apart from the HIV virus which is highly adaptable (meaning that a vaccine/cure are very difficult to achieve).  We are already seeing this mutation with the Kent, South African and the Brazilian variants.  I guarantee that there are others out there that have not been positively identified yet.

The fact remains that the world needs to reopen itself soon or there is going to be multi-generational damage done to the economies of the world.  That's why Billions if not Trillions of dollars of research, production and distribution costs have been spent on getting these vaccines made in and incredibly short time.  Not one of your listed viruses has the ability to impact the worlds economy like this virus has.

Please don't ask why we don't cure the common cold.  The simple answer is this.  There is more money to be made from remedies than a cure.  End of discussion on that point.

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

you mean like to get entry to certain places like clubs having to show ID? and you could have the vaccine passport to state active/not active depending upon having had the vaccine/not able to get it/very recent negative test

Any scheme is unworkable in my opinion. Fans arriving same time, queues, folk bringing big bros ID, mind it's not that long ago since our turnstile operators let in hundreds of arse cheeks with false tickets so don't see it being realistic. 

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Chips in the jab are made up stories but this is not about being an anti vaxer, as I have had the first jab and will get the second when called. Had many vaccines over the years but never once needed a passport to go to the pub or pictures.

have you ever had to show ID to get into a pub?

2 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

I think once we reached the point that everyone had mobile phones it became extremely easy to monitor people's behaviours and location. 

I've never heard the "chip in the jab" nonsense from folk but it wouldn't surprise me. 

I am also ex forces and have had jabs for yellow fever, typhoid all the other stuff for pre-deployment and I am in no way an anti vaxxer. I just don't see the point in being vaccinated for Covid - if others want to protect themselves then that surely covers them. 

There are location tracking devices in everyones smartphones and tablets so I don't understand why anyone still thinks the government need to implant chips in anybody.

People over a certain age have been getting the flu vaccination annually for years and years and yet nobody has so far come up with some madcap conspiracy theory why they shouldn’t.

So if you can....get Covid vaccinated and get on with it. 

I think the meaning behind this is to allow venues to open small scale rather than being shut. It would be the first steps to normality whilst allowing businesses a limited income. It is meant to be temporary.

There will not be 17,000 fans waving vaccine passports at 2:45 waiting to get into a 3pm kick off.

If you can prove you have anti-bodies, i.e., already had Covid or had a vaccine, or had a negative test an hour or so prior to kick off, you would be allowed entry.

Lastly, I don't think anyone bringing up holocaust comparisons should be dignified with a response as they have just shown are incapable of reasoned arguments.

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Let's take them in isolation shall we and look at the real world.

Bird Flu/SARS - The infection level of these and the transmitability (the 'R' number) of each is about 3 orders of magnitude LOWER than SAR-COVID-19.  The outbreaks were therefore reasonably well contained and isolated quickly.

AIDS - This virus is not transmitted WITH A COUGH!!!!  It is transmitted through sexual contact or infected blood products.

Ebola - This virus is a MASS killer with a lethality in excess of 80% of untreated victims.  This is a good and bad thing as it means it has trouble spreading beyond the local infection area as it KILLS most people who can transmit it onwards.  Also, existing tratments have been show to have a reasonably good effect on helping people recover from it.

The COVID-19 virus is particularly bad as it is both HIGHLY more contagious than ANY of the viruses you mentioned above and it targets weaker victims.  This means that it can jump easily from person to person with many, if not most, of the people that get it not even knowing they have had it or making the assumption that their sore head or dry cough is from a common cold infection.  the high infection levels from this infection also means that the virus mutates a LOT faster than any of the viruses you mention, apart from the HIV virus which is highly adaptable (meaning that a vaccine/cure are very difficult to achieve).  We are already seeing this mutation with the Kent, South African and the Brazilian variants.  I guarantee that there are others out there that have not been positively identified yet.

The fact remains that the world needs to reopen itself soon or there is going to be multi-generational damage done to the economies of the world.  That's why Billions if not Trillions of dollars of research, production and distribution costs have been spent on getting these vaccines made in and incredibly short time.  Not one of your listed viruses has the ability to impact the worlds economy like this virus has.

Please don't ask why we don't cure the common cold.  The simple answer is this.  There is more money to be made from remedies than a cure.  End of discussion on that point.

Interesting post and very informative.

Didn't know about some of this so thanks for posting.

So does this then strengthen the argument that if the vulnerable are vaccinated, the healthy don't need to be really? Similar to the flu/cold? 

HartleyLegend3
39 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

It's something that has to happen. There is no other way. 

The thing is, I've been double jagged. I'm good to go. But I could still carry the virus and pass it on to someone who doesn't want vaccinated. It doesn't happen the other way round. 

I think all that needs to happen, is those folks who haven’t had the jab or don't want it, must be warned that attending a mass gathering might mean death. 

images (2).jpeg

26 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok but how can you tell who has and who has not, Like people have said just pin a big yellow star on their coat? Vaccine passports can never work at football as the queues would mean games not starting as half the fans would still be outside trying to get in.

It would be quite easy to issue people with a passport number which could be logged on to tickets at point of sale,then when ticket is presented at venue the barcode would have information on the ticket. In my view with the technology available these days it should work efficiently. 

No passport number = no ticket

No Ticket = no entry (as is the case at present) Easy peezy👍

1 minute ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

It's something that has to happen. There is no other way. 

The thing is, I've been double jagged. I'm good to go. But I could still carry the virus and pass it on to someone who doesn't want vaccinated. It doesn't happen the other way round. 

I think all that needs to happen, is those folks who haven’t had the jab or don't want it, must be warned that attending a mass gathering might mean death. 

images (2).jpeg

I don't think this has be proven true or false.

Ex member of the SaS
12 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Any scheme is unworkable in my opinion. Fans arriving same time, queues, folk bringing big bros ID, mind it's not that long ago since our turnstile operators let in hundreds of arse cheeks with false tickets so don't see it being realistic. 

Not to mention the fake passports that would quickly appear on ebay.

25 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

How can you be sure the information they are handing out is the right ones? There are many who disagree with current thinking and it's hard to know which is right or wrong. That is why as adults we have a choice.

It's not hard to know. The UK government isn't carrying out some plot to exterminate their population. Take the vaccine.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

All for it, dont want the old couple next to me at risk so whats the problem? 

The old couple next you would have had the jab or know the risk involved by not having it. That's what making adult decisions are all about.

Geddyalexneil

According to Marjorie Taylor Greene the vaccine passport is the "mark of the beast" from the book of Revelations in the bible.

As a heavy metal fan count me in. 

Screw it just tattoo "666" on my bloody forehead and be done with!

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

It's not hard to know. The UK government isn't carrying out some plot to exterminate their population. Take the vaccine.

Oh FFS there is no plot to exterminate anyone, if you look above you will see I have had it. This is about you human rights to go about your daily business without having to carry/ show and ID card or passport.

SomethingAboutObua

The old couple next you would have had the jab or know the risk involved by not having it. That's what making adult decisions are all about.

But surely you can appreciate not getting the vaccine is the minority view point in the UK, so if vaccine passports became a thing those without vaccines would have to understand the risk involved of not being vaccinated, which include social restrictions as well as potential health problems? 

and using the same reasoning a company can decide what rules they implement as long as they do not discriminate against anyone. and for the avoidance of doubt the clubs can decide to deny access to who they want without it being disciminatory

highlandjambo3
17 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

That’s not true....the government do not control our every move, they are protecting citizens as its obliged to do.  There are more severe restrictions in place just now and some of these will stay with us and there is a reason for this.  There will be a new normal we need to get used to.

Oh FFS there is no plot to exterminate anyone, if you look above you will see I have had it. This is about you human rights to go about your daily business without having to carry/ show and ID card or passport.

attending  football match is not a human right

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

We're in a global pandemic, it's exceptional circumstances. Nobody wants to go back in to another lockdown and this will help ensure we never have to.

I'm not really getting this. I'm a bit slower than some of these science wise kids on here so please be patient.

People arguing for having the vaccine then I say great  go and get it.

But for the likes of me who see through the whole sham, and have actually found much better health from steering clear of GP's, medical technology, medication and the like

Why should I be excluded from going to watch? What are the pro vaxers really scared of surely if you've had the Vax you'll be fine and if not you can always contact me prior to buying your ticket so you can choose to sit in another part of the ground.

I think it is a slippy slope and will be the start of more surveillance and restrictions of freedoms. 

That said, I just want footy, pubs and gigs. So I wouldn't say no. 

But it is a bad idea in the long run. 

• JKBMod 3 changed the title to Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...