Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...

williamgerrard

williamgerrard

I have a feeling this will be mandatory soon and my personal opinion I won't be taking vaccine so pretty much rules out me attending football .I am curious what other people think about passports to get into tynie 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ex member of the SaS

• Bazzas right boot

• williamgerrard

• NANOJAMBO

Reward those willing to take the vaccine so life can return to normal :thumbsup:

Without those people the pandemic would never end. Each to their own to decide but they shouldn’t expect society to give them their cake.

There’s countries I’ve visited that required a vaccine. I’ve had a bunch when I was a young lad too.

kingantti1874

Should 100% be mandatory unless there is a medical reason why you cannot have one. The country cannot go though this again, personal views on this subject are irrelevant. You do not have the right to risk others.

Ex member of the SaS

There is an argument for having a certificate to travel abroad and would be similar to vaccinations for other diseases such as yellow fever. But any suggestion that one is needed to go about your daily business in this country should be fought long and hard. Can you imagine the hold ups at turnstiles and pub doors as dozens of football fans try to enter at the same time ( 5 minutes after KO ) 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Reward those willing to take the vaccine so life can return to normal :thumbsup:

Without those people the pandemic would never end. Each to their own to decide but they shouldn’t expect society to give them their cake.

There’s countries I’ve visited that required a vaccine. I’ve had a bunch when I was a young lad too.

I'm all for the vaccines, but this is just simply not true

Edited by Bret the Hitman Hearts

Just now, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

What is not true? The pandemic would magically end itself without a vaccine uptake?

Bret the Hitman Hearts
Just now, kila said:

What is not true? The pandemic would magically end itself without a vaccine uptake?

...yes. What do you think happened in days gone by before vaccines had been invented?

kingantti1874

It probably is, vaccines stop people catching the virus so reduce chances of the virus mutating. If it goes unchecked it will continue to go round in circles. See manaus 

...yes. What do you think happened in days gone by before vaccines had been invented?

Lot’s more would die! But you crack on believing the vaccine isn’t needed to end this pandemic.

I believe its all talk in an effort to make a lot of people 50/50 take it - can see it being brought in for foreign travel but would be surprised if it we need it to get into football theatres pubs (who are generally against it) etc etc

Edited by rory78

No Idle Talk
24 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

I have a feeling this will be mandatory soon and my personal opinion I won't be taking vaccine so pretty much rules out me attending football .I am curious what other people think about passports to get into tynie 

It literally enrages me. 😡🤬

28 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

All for it. 👍

Ex member of the SaS
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It probably is, vaccines stop people catching the virus so reduce chances of the virus mutating. If it goes unchecked it will continue to go round in circles. See manaus 

Sorry but this is wrong. Vaccines do NOT stop you catching any disease and only reduce the impact any virus has.

11 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

People got sick and died.

29 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

If not getting a vaccine means not having to watch Hearts under Budge and Neilson then my sleeve will be staying down! 

OmiyaHearts

I'll be glad I don't have to share a stadium with anti vaxxers. Guarantee these people are also against lockdowns, masks etc.

Can only imagine how many people they've infected with their behaviour. I'm all for it but i don't think it'll happen. 

It would only be short term if we got back to any sort of normality, society is desperate to have normality so, IMO, it would only last as long as folk tolerate it.

If it is a digital passport, it could be discriminatory, particularly towards older fans who do not have a smart phone, or are able to use it.   

it also discriminates against the small number who cannot get it.   They should not be quizzed on their health to be allowed in.   

if the vaccine does work, and I have had my first one, so not against it, why are others who do have it so worried?

it would be fun at the turnstiles too, as 17,000 fans all have to show the turnstile operator their certificate.  

So I am probably leaning towards being against it, but it is certainly better than a fully closed stadium.  

This is the way life is going.

If you don't want it, you shouldn't be forced to but please accept that private companies have the right to refuse you service or entry.

You're making your own choice so please respect other's choice to keep you out of their businesses,  premises, aeroplanes, cinemas, stadiums and even countries.

33 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

How can you have a vaccine passport for anything when -

not everyone has been vaccinated and won't be for a long time

there is no understanding between vaccination & transmission

I'm not against the idea of passports in principle but the benefits of it are far from clear. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Lot’s more would die! But you crack on believing the vaccine isn’t needed to end this pandemic.

You didn't read my posts if that's what you think I said. Anyway, this is now way off topic so I'm leaving it there.

Ex member of the SaS
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'll be glad I don't have to share a stadium with anti vaxxers. Guarantee these people are also against lockdowns, masks etc.

Can only imagine how many people they've infected with their behaviour. I'm all for it but i don't think it'll happen. 

How many have you infected with the common cold or flu? People really do need to wake up.

Ex member of the SaS

I have had the vaccine but it's not for everyone and forcing something into your body that you don't want or can't have is wrong. There are laws against discrimination and if this is allowed it's the thin edge of the wedge.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

This is the way life is going.

If you don't want it, you shouldn't be forced to but please accept that private companies have the right to refuse you service or entry.

You're making your own choice so please respect other's choice to keep you out of their businesses,  premesis, aeroplanes, cinemas, stadiums and even countries.

If it is the businesses’ choice, then yes.  They already have that right.   When it comes to this, they will have to ensure they don’t discriminate against the long term ill, or that small group who genuinely cannot take it, or even those who will take it, but are still some time away from even their first dose. 

32 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Whatever our personal opinions of vaccines are businesses will be focussed solely on risk mitigation and this will be viewed as a tool to do this. This is understandable as they are losing massive amounts of money just now and they will do anything they can to prevent this reoccurring. Respect your right to choose but you must have realised the likely consequences.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

How many have you infected with the common cold or flu? People really do need to wake up.

Covid-19 and the common cold are hardly comparable. It's also considerably more infectious and deadly than the flu.

Would be fine with a vaccine passport. For anyone who can medically be given the vaccine, there are literally no grievous drawbacks to receiving it. A dull arm, maybe a fever.

Take the vaccine when offered it please, it's not a human rights issue, it's a medical 'save people's lives' issue.

Heartsofgold
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

I have had the vaccine but it's not for everyone and forcing something into your body that you don't want or can't have is wrong. There are laws against discrimination and if this is allowed it's the thin edge of the wedge.

I 100% agree with this view, it's their right to refuse it.  It's also MY right to refuse to have them in a crowded situation ie, a football match, where there personal choice means they can liberally infect people.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Covid-19 and the common cold are hardly comparable. It's also considerably more infectious and deadly than the flu.

There are scientists who disagree with you.

Are the people who won't take the vaccine gonna wave the rights to any treatment required if covid has a serious effect on them?

41 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

All for it. 

Psychedelicropcircle
42 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Whole new reason to protest on the plaza😠

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This virus is NOT the common cold or eve a particularly bad flu season.  It's a virus that the human population have had not exposure to and therefore have no immunity from.  It targets the elderly and people with underlying health problems, also known as the weakest in society.

David Black
22 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

In pandemics 10's of millions died. Vaccines have stopped/controlled countless illness's through the years. If people don't want to take one that is their decision but don't expect the rest who have, to have their lives disrupted for them. 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

I 100% agree with this view, it's their right to refuse it.  It's also MY right to refuse to have them in a crowded situation ie, a football match, where there personal choice means they can liberally infect people.

Ok but how can you tell who has and who has not, Like people have said just pin a big yellow star on their coat? Vaccine passports can never work at football as the queues would mean games not starting as half the fans would still be outside trying to get in.

Just now, brux said:Are the people who won't take the vaccine gonna wave the rights to any treatment required if covid has a serious effect on them?

Ludicrous idea.  What about drinkers who needs treatment due to their drinking, smokers due to smoking, or someone who crosses at a red man, and gets hit by a car. 

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

There are scientists who disagree with you.

An they are in the VAST minority.  They are also. ones that disagree with mass vaccination and containment.  The think it;'ll burn itself out.  Well it hasn't so far and it's blowing up again on the European continent.

If they introduce vaccine passports then watch the lawsuits pile. Simply no way that it isn’t a human rights violation. What ever way you think about it discrimination based on someone’s right to choose is wrong. I don’t care how important the vaccine is if someone decides for what ever reason, medical or religious or just because they don’t choose to, doesn’t give the state the right to tell them they can’t live their lives. **** living in that world. 

I’ll be getting the vaccine simply because I think it is the right thing to do. I won’t sit in judgement on anyone who decide not to. You are a ***** if you do. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

This virus is NOT the common cold or eve a particularly bad flu season.  It's a virus that the human population have had not exposure to and therefore have no immunity from.  It targets the elderly and people with underlying health problems, also known as the weakest in society.

Part of what you say is true. It's the old ( me ) and infirm, so why have a passport for the young and healthy? Diseases come and go and we have had worse without having a passport to get into football.

Jeffros Furios

Anything that keeps the Deep State, Anti Vax and  Great Reset weirdos away the better 

3 minutes ago, brux said:

Are the people who won't take the vaccine gonna wave the rights to any treatment required if covid has a serious effect on them?

Ludicrous idea.  What about drinkers who needs treatment due to their drinking, smokers due to smoking, or someone who crosses at a red man, and gets hit by a car.

This is My Story Podcast

Hearts were part of a trial, loads of other clubs took part as well, about how attending matched may change going forward with covid. Basically you’ll have to supply Hearts with your negative test result before they send you out your tickets. Looks about £30 for the test and then your ticket price. Looking at near £60 per game to attended. Not sure how it works with season books etc. 

• JKBMod 3 changed the title to Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...