Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...

williamgerrard

19 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Hearts were part of a trial, loads of other clubs took part as well, about how attending matched may change going forward with covid. Basically you’ll have to supply Hearts with your negative test result before they send you out your tickets. Looks about £30 for the test and then your ticket price. Looking at near £60 per game to attended. Not sure how it works with season books etc. 

I've not looked into greatly and Googke searches just seem to touch on but I wonder what the costs are in Israel, Denmark and Estonia who are that bit further down the line with their vaccine passport initiatives?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ex member of the SaS

• Bazzas right boot

• williamgerrard

• NANOJAMBO

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Young folk are the most at risk of being left in poverty or without a job after COVID is finished. That is a fact. The 18-35 year old bracket could be facing some truly horrific unemployment figures. 

Aii everyone has been affected but IMO the younger generation are going to find it more difficult to recover from this than the generation before. 

I’m talking about everyones social life.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m talking about everyones social life.

Fair enough I agree socially it has been difficult for everyone. In suppose at least the older generation will be able to afford a social life going forward. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Fair enough I agree socially it has been difficult for everyone. In suppose at least the older generation will be able to afford a social life going forward. 

👍

Generational chaos is on the cards in the future I feel. It was already there with the way young people are viewed but generally bubbled under the surface. The last 12 months has seen it become tangible. It will be interesting to see how it develops over the next few years.

Mandatory vaccines will play their part in it for sure.

I am undecided/confused about this vaccine and I have my appointment next week

I am healthy, very rarely ill and don't take tablets/medicines very often (even paracetamol). I have a good immune system and my worry is that I have this vaccine and mess that up. I am not anti vaxx - my family/kids have had all their other vaccinations. I have pretty high odds if I caught it of being ok and not needing hospital attention.

There is no information about long term impact or actually how long the vaccine works - is this something we need to constantly have boosters for or is it annually like the flu jag - which i have never had. 

If I have the vaccine I can still catch and transmit covid although at lower odds - does this mean I could have covid, but not really have any symptoms so carry on as normal, would I not be better having symptoms so I can self isolate?

You also see all the people out and about in big groups, visiting others etc and think why should I bother when I stick to the rules- its not me transmitting it around causing lockdowns etc

You see all the posts where people have had it calling others selfish etc and thinking that we can all go back to normal - go abroad etc and they will be OK cos they had their jag and if you are not vaccinated you should not be allowed to go abroad, cinema, football, concerts etc. (going abroad to countries that are not fully vaccinated, all excited but actually they can pick it up and transmit).

Not sure what the new normal will be - I am not saying no but think i would like to wait a few months and just see how it all pans out but there is pressure to have it. Everyone can't wait to get their blue envelopes and are jealous of people that have had it (i was dreading my blue envelope as it meant I had to make a decision).  These are sensible people so I think do I just have it - people that look at you strange when you say you are not sure -think you are some conspiracy theorist that thinks the earth is flat.

11 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

I am healthy, very rarely ill and don't take tablets/medicines very often (even paracetamol). I have a good immune system and my worry is that I have this vaccine and mess that up. I am not anti vaxx - my family/kids have had all their other vaccinations. I have pretty high odds if I caught it of being ok and not needing hospital attention.

There is no information about long term impact or actually how long the vaccine works - is this something we need to constantly have boosters for or is it annually like the flu jag - which i have never had. 

If I have the vaccine I can still catch and transmit covid although at lower odds - does this mean I could have covid, but not really have any symptoms so carry on as normal, would I not be better having symptoms so I can self isolate?

You also see all the people out and about in big groups, visiting others etc and think why should I bother when I stick to the rules- its not me transmitting it around causing lockdowns etc

You see all the posts where people have had it calling others selfish etc and thinking that we can all go back to normal - go abroad etc and they will be OK cos they had their jag and if you are not vaccinated you should not be allowed to go abroad, cinema, football, concerts etc. (going abroad to countries that are not fully vaccinated, all excited but actually they can pick it up and transmit).

Not sure what the new normal will be - I am not saying no but think i would like to wait a few months and just see how it all pans out but there is pressure to have it. Everyone can't wait to get their blue envelopes and are jealous of people that have had it (i was dreading my blue envelope as it meant I had to make a decision).  These are sensible people so I think do I just have it - people that look at you strange when you say you are not sure -think you are some conspiracy theorist that thinks the earth is flat.

I suspect that you may be over thinking it. I've never had a day in hospital in my life and am not on medication, but because of my age I was offered and accepted both the flu and Covid vaccines earlier this year. A few sniffles after, but that is all. The vaccine will not eliminate Covid, but it will reduce significantly the chances of you catching it and crucially, in the case of generally healthy people, passing it on to those who are not so lucky. That was the clincher for me. Also, should you be unlucky enough to catch it, regardless of any underlying health issues you will be much less likely to be hospitalised because of Covid. This is what will allow us all to get back to the way things used to be. I took the vaccine knowing that it is already reducing hospital admissions, and that if people continue to be vaccinated it will free up beds and allow the NHS to focus on other life threatening diseases like cancer, for which sadly there is no simple answer like a vaccine.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, fbjambo said:

Definitely overthinking it mate. Civic duty to get vaccinated when it's offered. It works, reduces the risks of becoming very unwell. Its a no brainer...I've worked frontline the last year and seen some peple die way before they should have!

Likely we will need boosters in time but it is the best way out of this.

Ultimately it's your decision. We'll be vaccinating for this for years so unless opting out now, opts you out forever you'll be able to change your mind.

You've got to make the call you feel happy with, it's your body after all. Don't feel peer pressured from either side of the fence. People with a strong opinion on what other people should do with their body should be viewed with suspicion imo.

There's no more a duty to get a vaccine than there is to stop polluting, eating meat, or lose weight. Should there be? Maybe, but there isn't.

Edited by Taffin

I respect people’s right not to be vaccinated what I would say is call up to say you won’t be attending so someone who does can take your place.

I am due for my vaccination this week. I am not too worried about the long term effects I suspect I’m more likely to get done by the big C, heart disease or like. 

Edited by Hesh

Back of the Bus
12 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your pal must see some pretty grim stuff.

She’s an absolute trooper mate. That said, her first hand, front line experience pales into insignificance when looked at alongside a Facebook meme or YouTube video “research”. 

All opinions are equal. 

It’s a shame this debate has descended into farce, as it is an interesting topic. 

I am hopeful the vaccine is a good thing, and helps us get out of this. But far from convinced that vaccine passports are a good idea. 

I wonder in years time if it can be proved that say folk not vaccinated ended up with more severe Covid due to restrictions being lifted across the board equally for vaccinated and non vaccinated,  if they could sue their governments for doing so?

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

She’s an absolute trooper mate. That said, her first hand, front line experience pales into insignificance when looked at alongside a Facebook meme or YouTube video “research”. 

All opinions are equal. 

👍

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

First jab 50 minutes ago.........bring on number 2

👍

4 hours ago, fbjambo said:

Perfectly fit and healthy people have been absolutely floored by this virus. It's certainly rarer among younger people but it happens. Don't assume you'll be fine as you can never know for sure until you get it.

Long term effects - any negative side effects from these vaccines would almost always appear within the first couple of days and at most within a few months. They aren't pumping chemicals into you, they are triggering an immune response. Given that the trials started over a year ago, you'll be grand.

If you have the vaccine, it doesn't completely stop you from catching the virus. It will stop you from getting severe symptoms meaning you won't need a trip to hospital. It also looks like the vaccine reduces how transmittable you are to an extent.

Why should you bother sticking to rules, because it's not you transmitting around? Because it might be you spreading it around. You can have the virus for a week before any symptoms show up and spread it around without knowing it.

Also there are new variants emerging that effect younger people more than previous ones, like this: https://uk.yahoo.com/news/michael-osterholm-fourth-covid-wave-younger-people-205750421.html

Basically, just get vaccinated.

Edited by Ray Gin

5 hours ago, fbjambo said:

You have made loads of assumptions.

Everybody thinks they are invincible until they find out they aren't.

5 hours ago, fbjambo said:

Did you have the polio vaccine, or the mmr?? 

Bindy Badgy
3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

It’s a shame this debate has descended into farce, as it is an interesting topic. 

I am hopeful the vaccine is a good thing, and helps us get out of this. But far from convinced that vaccine passports are a good idea. 

What are the arguments against it?

Taken at face value, I'm in favour as I wouldn't want to go to a metal gig with a bunch of people that haven't been vaccinated.

I haven't really followed the debate so I'm not sure what the negative aspects are. I suppose one issue is the government using it as an excuse to give way more cash than needed to whichever one of their cronies get the contract.

Was looking at vaccination figures today and the lowest take up on the 60 plus age groups is 98%. That would be equivalent to 19600 in a 20 k crowd (simplistic I know).

It will be interesting to see as ‘younger’ folk get it if the take up is the same. 

1 hour ago, Bindy Badgy said:

What are the arguments against it?

Taken at face value, I'm in favour as I wouldn't want to go to a metal gig with a bunch of people that haven't been vaccinated.

I haven't really followed the debate so I'm not sure what the negative aspects are. I suppose one issue is the government using it as an excuse to give way more cash than needed to whichever one of their cronies get the contract.

The argument against it (as I see it). 

The Govt have overreached into the lives of ordinary citizens in a massive way over the past year. In ways which just 18 months ago would have been seen as unthinkable. Whether that was right or wrong is a different debate but either way it has happened now. 

As we start to come out of the pandemic it remains to be seen whether life will go back to normality as we once knew it. One of the cornerstones of British society is the freedom to do things and broadly live your life as you see fit (unless their are specific laws against it). That tradition was tossed aside a year ago, with the new norm under Lockdown being you are not allowed to leave your home, unless it is for a reason that Jason Leitch or Matt Hancock think is acceptable. 

Given Prof Whitty’s recent comments, the mood music seems to suggest this is the last lockdown and we will learn to live the Covid in the same way as we live with seasonal flu. However, in the background we see the UK Govt extending the CV legislation, as well as seeking to ban public protest (or at least make it very difficult to legally protest). These sorts of Governmental power grabs are worrying and should be resisted where possible. 

Some may well see vaccine passports as a gateway to further power grabs. 

Doctor FinnBarr
41 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

The argument against it (as I see it). 

The Govt have overreached into the lives of ordinary citizens in a massive way over the past year. In ways which just 18 months ago would have been seen as unthinkable. Whether that was right or wrong is a different debate but either way it has happened now. 

As we start to come out of the pandemic it remains to be seen whether life will go back to normality as we once knew it. One of the cornerstones of British society is the freedom to do things and broadly live your life as you see fit (unless their are specific laws against it). That tradition was tossed aside a year ago, with the new norm under Lockdown being you are not allowed to leave your home, unless it is for a reason that Jason Leitch or Matt Hancock think is acceptable. 

Given Prof Whitty’s recent comments, the mood music seems to suggest this is the last lockdown and we will learn to live the Covid in the same way as we live with seasonal flu. However, in the background we see the UK Govt extending the CV legislation, as well as seeking to ban public protest (or at least make it very difficult to legally protest). These sorts of Governmental power grabs are worrying and should be resisted where possible. 

Some may well see vaccine passports as a gateway to further power grabs. 

I'm seeing it more of another backdoor tax to scam more out of us rather than a power grab.

25 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I’ve had the vaccine but I am 100% against people being blackmailed into doing so. 

It's hardly blackmail, it's a safety requirement. Kinda like how telling people they can't drive unless they have a licence isn't blackmail. You don't have to drive, and you don't have to go to a music festival or football match. But if you want to, you'll need to go through the required safety procedure before you are let loose on the public.

If you haven't had the vaccine (unless there are good medical reasons for you not being able to have it or you simply haven't been offered it yet) then it should be within organisations' rights to say that you can't be allowed the opportunity to mix with others on its premises and therefore potentially increase the risk to them. Makes sense to me. No blackmail involved.

They should ban those likely to be superspreaders too ideally. Then I'll get on board and believe it's being done on a public health basis and not being seen to do something

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They should ban those likely to be superspreaders too ideally. Then I'll get on board and believe it's being done on a public health basis and not being seen to do something

As in Kerry Katona?

6 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

First jab 50 minutes ago.........bring on number 2

Who knew one of the side effects of the vaccine was curing constipation

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If you haven't had the vaccine (unless there are good medical reasons for you not being able to have it or you simply haven't been offered it yet) then it should be within organisations' rights to say that you can't be allowed the opportunity to mix with others on its premises and therefore potentially increase the risk to them. Makes sense to me. No blackmail involved.

This.

21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Surely that kinda is blackmail, if you are not allowed to go anywhere where you might have to mix with others. You cannot exactly lead a normal life under those restrictions. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Surely that kinda is blackmail, if you are not allowed to go anywhere where you might have to mix with others. You cannot exactly lead a normal life under those restrictions. 

Nobody can lead a normal life under these Covid restrictions as it is. We cannot just carry on as we are and do nothing. In what way is it really going to change anyone’s life getting the vaccination and having proof of having done so. I really can’t see what the problem is. It just comes across as folks just digging their heels in about the authorities not being able to tell them what to do, but this happens everywhere, every day. These folk should just stop being so petty and selfish. Think of others and the bigger picture and take the vaccination and we can all hopefully get through this horror show a lot quicker.

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I wonder in years time if it can be proved that say folk not vaccinated ended up with more severe Covid due to restrictions being lifted across the board equally for vaccinated and non vaccinated,  if they could sue their governments for doing so?

This really wouldn’t surprise me in the least. I wonder if their tinfoil will set off the metal detector going in to court.

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Nobody can lead a normal life under these Covid restrictions as it is. We cannot just carry on as we are and do nothing. In what way is it really going to change anyone’s life getting the vaccination and having proof of having done so. I really can’t see what the problem is. It just comes across as folks just digging their heels in about the authorities not being able to tell them what to do, but this happens everywhere, every day. These folk should just stop being so petty and selfish. Think of others and the bigger picture and take the vaccination and we can all hopefully get through this horror show a lot quicker.

:spoton:

Can just imagine the first game back at Tynecastle and someone has a coughing fit. The ones that dont run out the way will pointing at the culprit demanding to see their passport.

3 minutes ago, Candy said:

Can just imagine the first game back at Tynecastle and someone has a coughing fit. The ones that dont run out the way will pointing at the culprit demanding to see their passport.

No they won't. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Which of these would your "blackmail" be?

blackmail (uncountable):

. The extortion of money by threats of public accusation, exposure, or censure.

. (archaic) A form of protection money (or corn, cattle, etc.) anciently paid, in the north of England and south of Scotland, to the allies of robbers in order to be spared from pillage.

. (England law, historical) Black rent, or rent paid in corn, meat, or the lowest coin, as opposed to white rent, which was paid in silver.

. Compromising material that can be used to extort someone, dirt.

Jamstomorrow

Many who are generally fit and healthy have caught Covid.  Why not just get the jag mate?  More to be gained than lost in the long run, I suspect.

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Which of these would your "blackmail" be?

blackmail (uncountable):

. The extortion of money by threats of public accusation, exposure, or censure.

. (archaic) A form of protection money (or corn, cattle, etc.) anciently paid, in the north of England and south of Scotland, to the allies of robbers in order to be spared from pillage.

. (England law, historical) Black rent, or rent paid in corn, meat, or the lowest coin, as opposed to white rent, which was paid in silver.

. Compromising material that can be used to extort someone, dirt.

Disappointing but not unpredictable to see the debate brought down to this level. 

But to answer your point blackmail can be generally defined as threatening someone in order to persuade them to do so something you want them to do.  

In this instance the threat would be not allowing the individual to participate in public life, unless they took the vaccine. 

See when everyone bitches and moans like they are the pure ***** in me, something I thought I had grown out of, just wants me to tell everyone to go and **** themselves. 

“just get get the jag”

”yer selfish if you don’t get the vaccine”

“Only ***** don’t get the vaccine”

:orly?:

all that does is make me want to tell everyone to ram it without any ****s given. But all you morally better folk keep bashing folk for being slightly worried or sceptical over something that is being injected into their body. 

Exactly the same folk were spouting the same moral arguments when the mask debate came about. Like they made any ****ing difference to anything eh. 

(I hold out more hope for the vaccine than masks tbf)

4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Disappointing but not unpredictable to see the debate brought down to this level. 

But to answer your point blackmail can be generally defined as threatening someone in order to persuade them to do so something you want them to do.  

In this instance the threat would be not allowing the individual to participate in public life, unless they took the vaccine. 

There's some who believe the majority/government should be in control of what individuals do with/put into their bodies and there's others that think each individual should choose what they do to/with their body. It's a quite fundamental difference and probably not one where you're going to be able to get people to switch sides so it's best to just do your own thing really and if others want to try and cojole others one way or the other, leave them to it.

It's a divisive topic and the best outcome it probably just to all do whatever we feel is right and leave others to do whatever they feel is right I guess.

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

See when everyone bitches and moans like they are the pure ***** in me, something I thought I had grown out of, just wants me to tell everyone to go and **** themselves. 

“just get get the jag”

”yer selfish if you don’t get the vaccine”

“Only ***** don’t get the vaccine”

:orly?:

all that does is make me want to tell everyone to ram it without any ****s given. But all you morally better folk keep bashing folk for being slightly worried or sceptical over something that is being injected into their body. 

Peer pressure actually is an important compenent in persuading people to do something that is not just for themselves, but for the greater good. Sure, the sentiments are not often espoused particularly sensitively with some folk getting off on feeling morally superior, but on the flip-side, it does feel good to have the opportunity to protect both ourselves and others, a wee bit of altruism as well as looking out for number one.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Exactly the same folk were spouting the same moral arguments when the mask debate came about. Like they made any ****ing difference to anything eh. 

(I hold out more hope for the vaccine than masks tbf)

Feel free to tell your surgeon not to worry if you should ever need an op. 

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Peer pressure actually is an important compenent in persuading people to do something that is not just for themselves, but for the greater good. Sure, the sentiments are not often espoused particularly sensitively with some folk getting off on feeling morally superior, but on the flip-side, it does feel good to have the opportunity to protect both ourselves and others, a wee bit of altruism as well as looking out for number one.

Feel free to tell your surgeon not to worry if you should ever need an op. 

Getting cut open and choosing a profession which requires the ultimate amount of hygiene versus walking round a super market are two entirely different worlds. They are also fully trained in wearing masks and their masks are of top medical grade standard.  

Your first point is interesting. Peer pressure often pushes me away from doing something rather than towards. That’s the type of person I am I suppose. I hate being pressured into doing something. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Getting cut open and choosing a profession which requires the ultimate amount of hygiene versus walking round a super market are two entirely different worlds. They are also fully trained in wearing masks and their masks are of top medical grade standard.  

Your first point is interesting. Peer pressure often pushes me away from doing something rather than towards. That’s the type of person I am I suppose. I hate being pressured into doing something. 

I'm gonna agree to disagree about masks and their efficacy, but the point about peer pressure - I was like that when I was younger, a right awkward, moody sod. Mostly about folk recommending stuff like the first time I saw A Clockwork Orange on a bootleg (whilst it was still removed from circulation by Kubrick) - I decided it was absolute crap because I was irked that someone else managed to find a copy. It is, of course, a master piece but I was too up myself to appreciate it. 

Fair play, though, that you recognise this tendency in yourself - self-awareness didn't come easy to me when I was younger - and, on the whole, being wary/cynical of government nannying isn't wrong per se, as they are definitely using the pandemic to their advantage in a few areas. 

Stuart McNeill

If you decide you don't want the vaccine. I fully support your decision. 

But equally, respect should be shown to businesses who decide that its best not to allow those who haven't been vaccinated in. 

I was going to suggest we could have our vaccination status connected to our season ticket but all it'd take is for someone else to use that season tickets who's not been vaccinated and itd be up the shitter