Prince Buaben

Jambo-Jimbo
19 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I just feel that Hamilton is experiencing some lack of motivation because he knows his car isn’t giving him the advantage he has enjoyed over the years. He’s obviously a great driver but he isn’t the first past world champion to find himself in a car which gives him little chance of success.

He's not the same up beat spring in his step chap that he's been over the last several years that's for sure.

There is no doubts he's a great driver, but he's also had by far the best car under him for many years as well, but so far this season he doesn't have, with Red Bull & Ferrari way clear of the rest and Hamilton finds himself fighting amongst the best of the rest, pretty much in a roll reversal with Ferrari as that's where they have been over the last few years. 

Mercedes will get there again, and that will be all the better when there is 3 teams fighting at the top.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
On 01/05/2022 at 20:14, Tazio said:

I’ve just watched an Indy Car race on a road track and by Christ they’re ugly things. 
Anyway, I checked out the winning driver’s Wikipedia entry and was interested to see he did an exhibition drive at Laguna Seca last year in a 1998 McLaren and managed to be a second faster than his best lap in his 2021 Indy Car. 
Kind of puts an end to those discussions about if it is anywhere near F1 in terms of performance. 

This is an extract from an Autosport article.

IndyCar's superior straight line speed does not directly equate to its cars being faster over an entire lap. F1 cars can accelerate up to speed much quicker and are set up to lose far less time in the corners. In 2019, IndyCar raced at US Grand Prix venue the Circuit of the Americas, allowing for direct comparisons for the first time. Will Power took pole with a 1m46.017s lap, averaging 115mph. Almost nine months later at the US GP, Valtteri Bottas did it with a 1m32.029s, 14 seconds quicker and averaging 133.5mph.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Monaco

Monaco is only ever interesting if there's a big pile up and, even then, the "racing" is never interesting and it hasn't been for around 40 years. It is the least sporty sporting weekend I can think of.

26 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Monaco is only ever interesting if there's a big pile up and, even then, the "racing" is never interesting and it hasn't been for around 40 years. It is the least sporty sporting weekend I can think of.

They are re negotiating just now. Monaco gets special favours, pays a lot less etc. 

Now the Americans are in charge and they have Miami, Monaco isn't such the big event. 

Small chance perhaps but this could be its last GP. 

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are re negotiating just now. Monaco gets special favours, pays a lot less etc. 

Now the Americans are in charge and they have Miami, Monaco isn't such the big event. 

Small chance perhaps but this could be its last GP. 

That would be good.

I love Monaco. Yes, it's a procession mostly but it's nostalgic for me watching as a kid. It's the glitz and the glamour that goes with it. I wouldn't change it, but there does only need to be one event like this on the calendar. There's plenty other I'd cut first.

Enough on that, thought for the weekend?

I'm going Le Clerc to break the curse and win, Verstappen 2nd and a sneak podium for Valterri.

Edited by Taffin

28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A complete mess. 

ruined gasly's qualifying as he missed out on getting a final lap in by seconds

And a messy finish with Perez in the wall before the tunnel and then Sainz replicating the crash but into the Red Bull instead of the wall. 

Just now, Tazio said:

And a messy finish with Perez in the wall before the tunnel and then Sainz replicating the crash but into the Red Bull instead of the wall. 

it looks like sainz will get a penalty for that

Do they red flag to stop the clock? If they yellow flagged it, they'd lose the time the Marshalls are clearing the debris and anyone who'd crossed the line would struggle to get back round once it went green so they would all back it up anyway and those at the back would lose out?

Edited by Taffin

i have a feeling there will be a number of safety cars and potentially a red flag today. it could be one of those races where more drivers DNF than those who finish

Good timing for motorsport today. MotoGP starts at 1pm, then F1 at 2pm. Also need to keep up with the final time trial on the Giro D’Italia. Busy afternoon ahead with vey little moving off the sofa ahead. 

And as we get ready for the super slow spectacle of Monaco one of the MotoGP riders hits 226.2mph at the end of the straight at Mugello. That’s absolutely terrifying the idea of doing that kind of speed on a bike in the middle of a race. 

formation lap delayed until 14:09 and will start behind safety car

Edited by milky_26

I P Knightley
44 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

now it is a delayed start

Are the organisers blaming Liverpool fans turning up without tickets? 

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Are the organisers blaming Liverpool fans turning up without tickets? 

It’s not rain on the track, it’s scouse tears. ,

Standing start means chaos at the first corner, rolling start means chaos at the first corner but slightly faster chaos. 
Big decision. 

This could be interesting - I mean carnage - for some of the drivers are not 'as good' 

But we need something like this at Monaco - 

Just now, Tazio said:

Mick Schumacher manages to snap his car in two. 

seemed like the back end gave him a tank slapper that he could not recover

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i have a feeling there will be a number of safety cars and potentially a red flag today. it could be one of those races where more drivers DNF than those who finish

safety car x1, red flag x1 (2 if you count during the formation laps) just a few more retirements and i almost was spot on

Is Monaco still the pinnacle or is it a bit dated? I used to love watching it.

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

safety car x1, red flag x1 (2 if you count during the formation laps) just a few more retirements and i almost was spot on

If you’d picked the full race distance not happening that would have been a good guess as well. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Is Monaco still the pinnacle or is it a bit dated? I used to love watching it.

It should be binned, circuit doesn’t suit modern cars.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It should be binned, circuit doesn’t suit modern cars.

100% - there is no overtaking here - doesn't matter how good you are or how much faster your car is.. Terrible circuit! 

hmfc_liam06
7 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

100% - there is no overtaking here - doesn't matter how good you are or how much faster your car is.. Terrible circuit! 

It was a great event (it’s not a race at Monaco) only because of the weather.

The top 4 could drive until tomorrow and there still wouldn’t be an overtake.

There's plenty races in the calendar for one to be Monaco imo. It's iconic.

Well done to Checo today. Held on really well. Ferrari cost Leclerc with the strategy.

Not F1 but MotoGP. 
Alex Espargero clear in 2nd place in the Catalan GP today when he suddenly slowed down and the commentators thought there was something wrong with his bike. Then they clocked he was waving to the crowd as he went around slowly. Somehow he thought the race was over and he’d crossed the line. He then realised everyone is still at race speed. He managed to end the race in 5th but I’m not sure that’s much of a consolation. Not clear yet if he was in the wrong or the lap counter on his dash was wrong. Poor guy is in the pits distraught in floods of tears. And helps Fabio Quartararo hugely in terms of the championship lead as well. 

Its a strange but interesting race this so far - still not halfway so you never know what will happen