• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:D You were saying?

:laugh: Well that was some end to the race. Never expected Red Bull to come away with 0 points.

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

both red bulls retire with potential engine failures

Unless they can pinpoint exactly what went wrong and rectify it, they may have to take a more cautious approach on the track for a while, which bodes even better for Ferrari.

Just now, redjambo said:

Quite the result. A blast back to the old days.

I started following Ferrari in the 70’s and that certainly wasn’t the case. Years of lovely looking glorious sounding cars that were turkeys. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

:laugh: Well that was some end to the race. Never expected Red Bull to come away with 0 points.

Indeed. Blooming 'eck.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. Blooming 'eck.

Pleased for Ferrari. Good seeing them get a 1 2. Going to be a good season.

SectionDJambo

Max and Red Bull got a miracle last time.This time they got bad luck. You can’t be lucky all the time.

Hamilton and Mercedes were unlucky last time out. This time they got lucky.

At least we seem to have an interesting competition this time. 

Apparently it was a fuel pump issue on the Red Bulls that meant they couldn’t scavenge when the tank got to end of race almost empty. Somebody will be getting their arse kicked that those conditions weren’t part of testing. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Not a fan of the new in cockpit camera position.

The one inside the helmet?

I love it!

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I started following Ferrari in the 70’s and that certainly wasn’t the case. Years of lovely looking glorious sounding cars that were turkeys. 

Me too. If it hadn't been for Gilles Villeneuve, I may never have become interested in it. When Ferrari got good (with Schumacher at the wheel), I went off them; entirely because Schumacher.

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The one inside the helmet?

I love it!

Assume it's the same one. Kept thinking there were two cars side by side with it!

Byyy The Light

Good to see Ferrari back competitive. What’s the deal with the Hamilton haters? Just the usual shoot someone down who’s the best, most successful carry on?

Really enjoyed that today.. Didn't see the ending coming but this could be a fantastic season.. 

However - much saddened by how Norris and the McLarens did. I really hoped that they would push on and progress from last season.  Hopefully they will sort it out soon.

2022 looks brilliant! 

5 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Really enjoyed that today.. Didn't see the ending coming but this could be a fantastic season.. 

However - much saddened by how Norris and the McLarens did. I really hoped that they would push on and progress from last season.  Hopefully they will sort it out soon.

2022 looks brilliant! 

The brake problems are understandable. I didn’t realise the cars had put on so much weight. 900kg including driver and fuel is massive compared to the whippets they were a few years ago at not much over 600kg. 

Edited by Tazio

This weekends race goes ahead despite a 4 hour meeting with the Drivers who were threatening to boycott after a number of missiles his Saudi. Including one just a few miles away from the track.

F1 can't pull out of the race. They are happy to go there when innocent people who just protest against the Saudi Government are executed and tortured. 

So one bomb by their enemies is hardly a good reason to pull out. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Hamilton out in Q1.

Shame.

Yup. Can see Ferrari qualifying 1 and 2 again. They look really quick.

Yup. Can see Ferrari qualifying 1 and 2 again. They look really quick.

they didn't qualify P1 and P2 in bahrain, verstappen qualified second, they finished 1-2

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they didn't qualify P1 and P2 in bahrain, verstappen qualified second, they finished 1-2

I stand corrected 👍

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Massive crash for Schumacher 

That will have been a sore one.

170mph Into a concrete wall.

Sore one for Mick, seems he's OK thankfully.

Last time we’ll see him in a car this weekend I’d imagine. Massive impact Gs there. It’s not a safe track. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Last time we’ll see him in a car this weekend I’d imagine. Massive impact Gs there. It’s not a safe track. 

170mph impact, that would fecking hurt. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Could have been a lot worse if the car hadn’t spun so much initially or he would have gone into the wall nose first. 

Just shows how far driver safety has advanced for Mick to walk away from that. Not so long ago he wouldn't have survived that impact.

5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just shows how far driver safety has advanced for Mick to walk away from that. Not so long ago he wouldn't have survived that impact.

i saw something that this years cars need to be able to take 20% more impact compared to last years car. or at least something like that

26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Main thing tomorrow is no one gets hurt.

Ironic that in war torn area, the track is by far the most dangerous thing. 

theAlvasection
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i saw something that this years cars need to be able to take 20% more impact compared to last years car. or at least something like that

15% I believe 

Jambo_jim2001
6 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

That will have been a sore one.

170mph Into a concrete wall.

Looking at the way the cars are bouncing,I feel we are going to see a lot more like that😬 says a lot though how much technology has advanced to protect the drivers 😎