Prince Buaben

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You've lost me Mikey, sorry. I'm not suggesting they shouldn't. You stated you were surprised by the findings of that poll. For the very reason you've just stated, I'm not surprised that a British media poll has a British driver being favoured by their British readers.

Most people I find are appreciative of all the drivers. One of the things that makes motor racing worth following. 

But you might forget when you see those who don't like Hamilton that he's one of the most popular British sports person of all time. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Admirable to be in a such a small minority.

It’s the best way to be, rather that than base my identity on the success of sportspeople to take pride in being part of a failed financial union soon to be broken up. 

ps I like Hamilton for all he stands for, but unfortunately his love of being British is slightly ironic taking that into consideration. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Most people I find are appreciative of all the drivers. One of the things that makes motor racing worth following. 

But you might forget when you see those who don't like Hamilton that he's one of the most popular British sports person of all time. 

Ah I get you. Not sure most people are appreciative of all the drivers...just ask Mazepin 😂😂

I agree though that for the most part fans of the sport like the majority of drivers. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It’s the best way to be, rather that than base my identity on the success of sportspeople to take pride in being part of a failed financial union soon to be broken up. 

Do you dislike all sportsmen/women who compete under GB identity?

I like Adam Peaty who swims under our flag, but not Hodgkinson who runs under it.

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Wouldn't it just have played out in reverse? Lewis would have been on softs for the final lap and would have won. 

Verstappen was on much better tyres prior to the Latifi smash, having pitted during the VSC so not as surefire. He'd certainly have been able to put up a sturdier defence but, yes, it might have worked.

I didn't register this (and as I've the result should stand), but I see as people are starting to talk to journalists off the record, there is a complaint that Sainz in 3rd wasn't able to challenge Verstappen in 2nd because there were lapped cars in the way. 

Ferrari have actually competed quite well but no idea if Sainz had any chance of the win. 

That is separate to the Championship. More about overall fairness for everyone. 

I P Knightley
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I didn't register this (and as I've the result should stand), but I see as people are starting to talk to journalists off the record, there is a complaint that Sainz in 3rd wasn't able to challenge Verstappen in 2nd because there were lapped cars in the way. 

Ferrari have actually competed quite well but no idea if Sainz had any chance of the win. 

Maybe not the win but he could have had a pop at Hamilton for second.

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I questioned this yesterday and I’m a complete F1 novice. How is it fair to allow Positions 1 and 2 to compete but not 1.2,3 or even 4 ? Surely all unlap or none. A completely manufactured result. Incidentally I’ve no love for Hamilton. 

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Do you dislike all sportsmen/women who compete under GB identity?

I like Adam Peaty who swims under our flag, but not Hodgkinson who runs under it.

Anyone that identifies as British yes. 

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

I questioned this yesterday and I’m a complete F1 novice. How is it fair to allow Positions 1 and 2 to compete but not 1.2,3 or even 4 ? Surely all unlap or none. A completely manufactured result. Incidentally I’ve no love for Hamilton. 

And I saw someone say if Masi wanted a final lap showdown call a red flag to let Hamilton change tyres. 

Malinga the Swinga
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And I saw someone say if Masi wanted a final lap showdown call a red flag to let Hamilton change tyres. 

Why, Hamilton asked about tyres and his team, through Toto, didn't want to come in for them. They played safe, they lost. That's racing (or what passes as racing in a sport that as crooked as they come).

I P Knightley

BREAKING NEWS

Lewis Hamilton's application to join 1980's pop band, Musical Youth, has been turned down.

The band's manager says it's because he couldn't Pass the Dutchie.

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

BREAKING NEWS

Lewis Hamilton's application to join 1980's pop band, Musical Youth, has been turned down.

The band's manager says it's because he couldn't Pass the Dutchie.

On 12/12/2021 at 21:09, Sooperstar said:

"No, Michael, no no, Michael, it was so not right". 😂😂😂😂😂

It was Lewis he had to tell that to, not Michael, everybody knows it’s left🙄

31 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It was Lewis he had to tell that to, not Michael, everybody knows it’s left🙄

But he couldn't as he'd have had to leave the track to pass the Dutchie on the left hand side.

*The youngsters are going to be wondering WTF are they on about*

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

But he couldn't as he'd have had to leave the track to pass the Dutchie on the left hand side.

Aye🤣🤣🤣 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

:biglaugh:

If you're ever in London and travelling on the Jubilee line, you'll hear the announcer telling you that "The next station is Westminster. Doors will open on the left hand side." Every time... EVERY time, I sing that "Doors will open 'pon de left hand side." So I'm glad to say that my youngsters know 'zackley what I'm on about :cheese:

6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

:biglaugh:

If you're ever in London and travelling on the Jubilee line, you'll hear the announcer telling you that "The next station is Westminster. Doors will open on the left hand side." Every time... EVERY time, I sing that "Doors will open 'pon de left hand side." So I'm glad to say that my youngsters know 'zackley what I'm on about :cheese:

Only ever been in London once, went up the shard, arrived in Victoria train station, then the tube to the shard, changed lines I seem to recall, haven't a clue what the lines were tbh.

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Only ever been in London once, went up the shard, arrived in Victoria train station, then the tube to the shard, changed lines I seem to recall, haven't a clue what the lines were tbh.

Probably the district or circle to Westminster then the Jubilee to London Bridge. 🙂

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Probably the district or circle to Westminster then the Jubilee to London Bridge. 🙂

London Bridge:

"Doors will open pon de right hand side 🎵

Doors will open pon de right hand side 🎶"

10 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Possibly, I really couldn't tell you, we just followed Miss JJ's boyfriend as he knew where he was going.

49 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

London Bridge:

"Doors will open pon de right hand side 🎵

Doors will open pon de right hand side 🎶"

I used to live at Tower Bridge IP. I worked at Vauxhall and would mainly walk along the South bank to work. But if raining would walk along to London Bridge and catch the Northern Line to The Oval. Or get the 344 then 188 changing at The Elephant.

Good times.

But I think Hamilton was robbed. Might not be everybody's favourite person as some see in the Steve Davis, Andy Murray mould but is a phenomenal driver. 

I P Knightley
53 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

mercedes decide not to appeal decision

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59681314

Chatting to a guy who follows F1 more closely than me, he reckons that Merc will have struck a deal to drop the appeal. His betting is that Masi will be let go over the next few days; that the rules will be altered and clarified and he also thinks there'll be a NDA's financial settlement, compensating for lost 'winnings'.

12 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Chatting to a guy who follows F1 more closely than me, he reckons that Merc will have struck a deal to drop the appeal. His betting is that Masi will be let go over the next few days; that the rules will be altered and clarified and he also thinks there'll be a NDA's financial settlement, compensating for lost 'winnings'.

definitely, there has been a behind  the scenes agreement with mercedes

45 minutes ago, Tazio said:

But Lewis and Toto won't attend the end of season gala and prizegiving. 

Aw diddums.

They're not happy. When you commit to something I suppose there will be a period of sulking.

But they do need to get back to it. Not long to start of final preparation for new season. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

But Lewis and Toto won't attend the end of season gala and prizegiving. 

Aw diddums.

Disappointed Lewis isn't going. I've been singing his praises in how he appears to have taken it. Didn't expect the big bairn Toto to go.

Haven't caught up with the thread. I see Mercedes aren't pursuing with their grievances. I'm pleased because Hamilton has been annoying me for a couple of years now. I'm delighted he got beat. I've been a fan of Max since his Toro Roso days and always thought he'd be World Champion. As far as next season goes, I've read the Mercs are happy with their new car.

Folk believing Hamilton will just walk away after showing such humility in Max’s tainted title win. 

I love that Lewis rustles the jimmies of so many! 

:clyay:

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I can't remember... have we had any jokes yet about the new team principal for Aston Martin? Mike Krack?

I’m not sure. Maybe you should ask if anyone has seen him. 

I saw a tweet a couple of days ago about Mercedes auctioning a tour of the F1 factory for charity. 
They didn’t expect the winning bid of £2500 to come from a certain Mr C Horner. 😀

Unsurprisingly they moved the goalposts and decided not to honour the winning bid. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I saw a tweet a couple of days ago about Mercedes auctioning a tour of the F1 factory for charity. 
They didn’t expect the winning bid of £2500 to come from a certain Mr C Horner. 😀

Unsurprisingly they moved the goalposts and decided not to honour the winning bid. 

The lot details included "employees of other Formula 1 teams are not eligible to take this tour”. It was a fun gesture of Horner's, who will have no doubt known of his ineligibility, but your last sentence is wrong.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

masi has been removed as race director, he will be given another role in F1. the role of race director will be split between two individuals

The only surprise there is that he's still involved with F1.