• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

• Weakened Offender

15 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think a lot of Hearts fans are making one-off donations to FOH for away games, basically money that might have gone to the away team goes to Hearts.  That's what I've been doing, but I made an exception for ICT and they got my money, and will be only side in the Championship to get anything from me. 

I am doing same, East Fife got my stream money early this season (think they one of the good guys) after that only Inverness. Having a bit of a meltdown the day and bought £100 of Hearts tat (no Gnome this time) and passing it off to the families. Nephew in London well sorted .....He Kens...

7 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He is spot on about the Edinburgh clubs performances down the years with the budgets they have had over other clubs

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6678948/hibs-hearts-rangers-celtic-provan/amp/

I have a lot a lot of time for Provan  he doesn’t crawl to the old firm 🐀 rats he has praised Hearts and the fans on numerous occasions I think he has a soft spot for us.

14 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I have a lot a lot of time for Provan  he doesn’t crawl to the old firm 🐀 rats he has praised Hearts and the fans on numerous occasions I think he has a soft spot for us.

Nah defo not a soft spot, however he recognises the size of our club, which we wouldn’t argue with and is right to highlight our under achievement as a club since 1874. Remember our trophy haul is pretty embarrassing in the last 60 years 

42 minutes ago, Gilamas said:

As at 1907 hrs ...

9,129 tickets sold.

Excludes ICT season ticket holders.

On a right slow down now. On Friday night it was 9051 when I looked.

Maybe a day or so before the game, you may get a wee surge.

Personally, we've prooved a point and bought enough.

1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

He certainly liked to aim at the Hearts players' soft spots when he played us!

3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I wonder if they will bring out a special edition ICT/Hearts Scarf. I'm sure all those thousands of Hearts fans that bought a virtual ticket would also love this item to go with their signed ticket.

Please let this be a joke.  

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Just bought 9,229 - another Robbo signature bound for Melbourne!

I've been struggling to buy mine Geoff but that's just because I'm a total arse when it comes to technology.  

Going to spend as long as it takes today to succeed and buy three.  Sick of another inept performance at the weekend as you will be but that's no reason to punish Inverness.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He is spot on about the Edinburgh clubs performances down the years with the budgets they have had over other clubs

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6678948/hibs-hearts-rangers-celtic-provan/amp/

Depends what period "down the years covers". In the last 15 years, we've won 2 SCs, finished 2nd when Celic and Rangers were at their peaks, and have appeared in 3 other cup finals. Before that we made the title race (when it included a non-OF club) closer then it has been in the 35 years since.

I'm guessing that stands comparison with every other non-OF club over that period.

With their budget one of the OF underachieves every time they don't win any or even all of the trophies on offer - so every season. Trophy wise Hearts are up there with Aberdeen, who themselves are only up there because of one freakishly good manager. league wise we're clearly then 3rd best team in Scottish football history which about aligns with our expenditure. Rangers have massively underachieved the last few years. In the 80s both Rangers and Celtic did.

Hibs are obviously serial underachievers. We shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Doctor FinnBarr
10 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

I am doing same, East Fife got my stream money early this season (think they one of the good guys) after that only Inverness. Having a bit of a meltdown the day and bought £100 of Hearts tat (no Gnome this time) and passing it off to the families. Nephew in London well sorted .....He Kens...

Just whilst we're on about Hearts tat, my Mrs was given a £20 clubstore voucher about 8 years ago due to her efforts to attend work in the snow. We managed to lose it and only found it again during a clear out last week, no expiry date on the back.Is it still vallid?

Doctor FinnBarr
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've been struggling to buy mine Geoff but that's just because I'm a total arse when it comes to technology.  

Going to spend as long as it takes today to succeed and buy three.  Sick of another inept performance at the weekend as you will be but that's no reason to punish Inverness.

I'm happy to buy you one if need be Doug, 3 is too feckin too much though.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

18 hours ago, David Black said:

He is indeed, both clubs have failed on a grand scale for at least 30 or 40 years. The odd trophy, the odd decent run in the league ( Hibs this season) and that's it, and when you read many on here that seems to be enough. A total lack of ambition by both club and support. We all know how much we were shafted by the SPFL in the summer, that's a given, but the fact we were at the bottom of the league in the first place was an utter disgrace. For our budget and with the ambition we should all have I would accept no lower than 4th place each season. Lower would be totally unacceptable.

When I ready the weekly 'happy clapper' v 'pant wetter' badinage every week I do find myself getting quite irritated at how little we are prepared to accept as a club/support. I'm actually wondering if the way we are continuing to pour cash into the club in such an uncritical manner is not actually hampering us in so far as it allows us to avoid hard decisions and hone an edge. 

Hagar the Horrible

Still worries that the next time the Sheep play ICT  is that they always beat the virtual fans at every game,  Our full away end holds what 3.2k  yet they take 5k to Tynecastle every game

portobellojambo1
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Still worries that the next time the Sheep play ICT  is that they always beat the virtual fans at every game,  Our full away end holds what 3.2k  yet they take 5k to Tynecastle every game

I think the difference is that this time round to beat it the figures would have to be real, as in show in ICT's bank account, rather than be a figure that simply gets pushed on their forums. They keep saying the bring 5k to Tynecastle but that is never actually reflected in ticket sales or the numbers that show in the Roseburn stand. I think a lot of football fans can be inclined to say they had "x" amount of fans at an away game yet that figure isn't actually reflected in the actual attendances.

Neverforgetfiveone
On 12/02/2021 at 10:07, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hear hear. Good example of free choice and ownership. 

Correct! I hope they sell 25k and make half a mil! If only for the reason that Hearts supporters did it - and did it because they could! 😎

13 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Just bought 9,229 - another Robbo signature bound for Melbourne!

Ffs Geoff. Don't tell Francis Albert that you have bought 9,229 tickets. He will have a heart attack.

I've still got Robbo's signature on a VHS tape of Back From The Brink.

I went to the superstore while he was still a player but it was being renovated and there was a temporary portocabin outside with a sign to go in for shop.

I knock and go in and there is Robbo behind a desk in a suit and a lady assisting him.  I purchased the tape and got him to sign it.

I wonder if Robbo's hand will be too sore to write out the teamsheet when we play them with all those autographs to sign.... :lol:

:verysmug:

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I've still got Robbo's signature on a VHS tape of Back From The Brink.

I went to the superstore while he was still a player but it was being renovated and there was a temporary portocabin outside with a sign to go in for shop.

I knock and go in and there is Robbo behind a desk in a suit and a lady assisting him.  I purchased the tape and got him to sign it.

I wonder if Robbo's hand will be too sore to write out the teamsheet when we play them with all those autographs to sign.... :lol:

:verysmug:

they should've locked the door....

54 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

they should've locked the door....

Only when a certain New York crooner turned up.

Francis Albert
22 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Depends what period "down the years covers". In the last 15 years, we've won 2 SCs, finished 2nd when Celic and Rangers were at their peaks, and have appeared in 3 other cup finals. Before that we made the title race (when it included a non-OF club) closer then it has been in the 35 years since.

I'm guessing that stands comparison with every other non-OF club over that period.

With their budget one of the OF underachieves every time they don't win any or even all of the trophies on offer - so every season. Trophy wise Hearts are up there with Aberdeen, who themselves are only up there because of one freakishly good manager. league wise we're clearly then 3rd best team in Scottish football history which about aligns with our expenditure. Rangers have massively underachieved the last few years. In the 80s both Rangers and Celtic did.

Hibs are obviously serial underachievers. We shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

We are also massive underachievers. How many clubs have won  the league cup and league since we last did? How many European trophies have we won or European semi finals have we competed in? 

Two Vlad funded cup wins otherwise one trophy in 60 years.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

We are also massive underachievers. How many clubs have won  the league cup and league since we last did? How many European trophies have we won or European semi finals have we competed in? 

Or 2 trophy’s 

still shit thou 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, The American said:

Or 2 trophy’s 

still shit thou 

The 62 league cup win. Sorry missed that. So 2 trophies in 60 years other than the two Vlad funded cup wins. Or one in 58 years. Massive under achievement.

Nothing to brag about. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Fortunately for HMFC, we don't love them because of their success, we love them because of who they are.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Fortunately for HMFC, we don't love them because of their success, we love them because of who they are.

Absolutely.

A bit more success would be nice though!

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, The American said:

Or 2 trophy’s 

still shit thou 

Also puts it into perspective when, later this month, St Johnstone are about to win their 2nd major trophy in 7 years or Livingston their 2nd major trophy in 17 years.  Us, Hibs and Aberdeen are all big underachievers if we’re being honest.  Especially Hibs!

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Won nothing from 1906 to 1954.  Budge's fault, or was it Adolph Hitler?

"The trophies we bought" is a real whoopee.  Yes  we spent more but Celtic and Rangers, were in the stratosphere in 2005/6, and every other club was overspending in the 90's and Noughties trying to stay in the top league as a result of Murray's use of the Halifax/Bank of Scotland Easy Money warchest. 

I take you were never a fan of Einstein.

Hackney Hearts

What's all this "Vlad-funded cup wins" chat? Have I wandered onto .net by mistake?

Do 2006 and 2012 somehow not count now? Does this mean if we're ever offered major investment in the future we should refuse it on the basis that our five consecutive trebles would be tainted? :lol:

In any case, Vlad's money was great, but it hardly had us outspending the Old Firm. And long before 2012 he'd stopped chucking serious funds our way. No-one's putting an asterisk alongside 5-1 thanks very much.

Just when you think KB couldn't get any worse. Turning positive threads into their own stupid agenda.

I presume you weren't celebrating like the rest of us in 2006 and 2012?

Anyway, anyone any idea what the latest count in virtual tickets is?

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The 62 league cup win. Sorry missed that. So 2 trophies in 60 years other than the two Vlad funded cup wins. Or one in 58 years. Massive under achievement.

Nothing to brag about. 

🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

What's all this "Vlad-funded cup wins" chat? Have I wandered onto .net by mistake?

Do 2006 and 2012 somehow not count now? Does this mean if we're ever offered major investment in the future we should refuse it on the basis that our five consecutive trebles would be tainted? :lol:

In any case, Vlad's money was great, but it hardly had us outspending the Old Firm. And long before 2012 he'd stopped chucking serious funds our way. No-one's putting an asterisk alongside 5-1 thanks very much.

KB is now infested by H1b5.net. It is easy to spot the Trojan horses, very easy. I just wish they would be emptied!!! 

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Nothing to brag about. 

Vlad funded? Another post meant to attract as much attention as possible. Unbelievable or in the case of some posters very predictable. Have to agree we are HUGE underachievers. But why? It is partly due because, in the past, Edinburgh business owners pushed their money into the bigot brothers instead of their local teams. These businesses are a disgrace. As an example Scottish & Newcastle were based in walking distance from Tynecastle. They put their marketing money (loads) into the bigot brothers not the team that the majority of their staff supported. It’s not all about bad management and poor signings. However, I’ll get back to the way it is for many KB posters.....it’s all Budge, Levein and/or Neilsons fault. Pathetic! 

10 hours ago, gjcc said:

He does look cheery right enough. 
The ICT answer to the Resolute Desk. 

2AE7C1E1-AFF9-44BD-9AD7-DED40538A08D.jpeg

The Love for  Hearts from this man is unbelievable, sitting on top of the filling cabinet. HHGH 

Bazzas right boot
On 14/02/2021 at 21:47, ToqueJambo said:

Nah, I'm with Davie on this one. 

We have underachieved, not as much as hibs in general but still underachieved. 

Trophy wise we've won 3 cups in half a century, not good enough imo. 

We have improved in the cups of late tho.  They ate a bit of a lottery, as recently proven. 

I'm hopeful Robbie can get us like Aberdeen in the league and then maybe after 2/3 top 4 finishes go from there. 

Fxxx the SPFL
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I'm with Davie on this one. 

We have underachieved, not as much as hibs in general but still underachieved. 

Trophy wise we've won 3 cups in half a century, not good enough imo. 

We have improved in the cups of late tho.  They ate a bit of a lottery, as recently proven. 

I'm hopeful Robbie can get us like Aberdeen in the league and then maybe after 2/3 top 4 finishes go from there. 

yep the last two finals against the smellies we could and should have won and the LC against St Liedown

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep the last two finals against the smellies we could and should have won and the LC against St Liedown

Unsure if we should have won Tbh but yes, St Mirren still stings Tbh. Golden opportunity to win a cup missed. 

It's a pity we don't quite have the title in the bag yet because it would be fun to send a reserve team up there and take the defeat and give ICT a wee hand up the table at the expense of the likes of Ayr and QoS.

We need to give our academy kids a chance, no?

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Also puts it into perspective when, later this month, St Johnstone are about to win their 2nd major trophy in 7 years or Livingston their 2nd major trophy in 17 years.  Us, Hibs and Aberdeen are all big underachievers if we’re being honest.  Especially Hibs!

Yip, over the decades us and Aberdeen have league finishes that are generally quite a bit higher than the rest but overall it is a poor return for the 3 clubs with the next largest supports outside the of. 

Hibs in general are poor in the league. 

To win a cup is a tough nut to crack tho, a bit of luck is involved. 

Opportunities like this season v Alloa and the LC final v St Mirren are opportunities missed by us. 

Tbh, I could say that about the lc every other season. 

In the recent 2 sc finals, on another day we have another 2 wins under our belt, really fine margins. 

Basically we should be mirroring Aberdeens league performance of the last 10 years or so and getting to semi finals and finals on a regular basis. 

We've not put the two together consistently for a while. 

We did under Doddie but just couldn't win a cup! 

Spitonastranger
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Nothing to brag about. 

"Two Vlad funded cup wins" very wee team that. All teams are funded to some extent, including relying on loan players to win a trophy. 

If our two Vlad wins are excluded then we will need to exclude a bunch of wins from other teams who spent some money.

What absolute hibs.net nonsense.

This is a thread where we have 'brutally murdered' the Hobo attempt at funding their own club (with their pishy and paltry donations).  We have sent more money north than they can generate for themselves. 

Whilst helping our 'comrades at arms' in Inverness, who also happen to be managed by the 'Hammer of Hibs', we still get the stench.....

Take all your silly statements and attempts to deflect from the great work here by the fantastic Jambos support, and spend a wee bit more time watching Jack Ross drag your crappy 'wee' team down. Don't forget, no matter what division we are in, we will always own you!!

Hobos GIRFUY

16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Nothing to brag about. 

50 plus years watching Hibs. No wonder you're a miserable man.

2 hours ago, a11ank said:

This is a thread where we have 'brutally murdered' the Hobo attempt at funding their own club (with their pishy and paltry donations).  We have sent more money north than they can generate for themselves. 

Whilst helping our 'comrades at arms' in Inverness, who also happen to be managed by the 'Hammer of Hibs', we still get the stench.....

Take all your silly statements and attempts to deflect from the great work here by the fantastic Jambos support, and spend a wee bit more time watching Jack Ross drag your crappy 'wee' team down. Don't forget, no matter what division we are in, we will always own you!!

Hobos GIRFUY

Great Post