Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

I love when a thread gets dragged down into a "Tosh wanted Hibs to win the Cup" fest. Doesn't happen often enough, imo, and 5 years is way to short a time span to let it go.

Crank it up, i say. Pounce on every single post he makes on every single thread. It makes for such a great read and is not repetitive, dull or as boring as **** in any way.

Suck it up, Princess.  :muggy:

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

37 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We should have a poll on whether Smith's Right Hibs wanted the vermin to beat Rangers in the Scottish cup final, and whether this sort of behavior is acceptable for any sort of Hearts fan.

Agreed.  Let's have it, a once in a kickback generation series of polls to sort out jkb's ills.

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

I love when a thread gets dragged down into a "Tosh wanted Hibs to win the Cup" fest. Doesn't happen often enough, imo, and 5 years is way to short a time span to let it go.

Crank it up, i say. Pounce on every single post he makes on every single thread. It makes for such a great read and is not repetitive, dull or as boring as **** in any way.

To be honest it should be dragged up regularly. Particularly when he pontificates on how other people should support Hearts.  He can’t take the moral high ground on how to support Hearts. His backing of Levein and preference that Hibs won the cup are laughable.

The Treasurer

What started out as a ridiculous thread has turned into an absolute car crash with the "Neilson oot" roasters clearly losing it after a decent result and performance from RN's team

Governor Tarkin
Just now, The Treasurer said:

What started out as a ridiculous thread has turned into an absolute car crash with the "Neilson oot" roasters clearly losing it after a decent result and performance from RN's team

It's turning into a "Tosh oot" thread.

Just now, martoon said:

s-l400.jpg.af4134aa529f852c9d58100cc779d730.jpg

:wub:

Girls Aloud - Page 2 - The Shed - Jambos Kickback

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

To be honest it should be dragged up regularly. Particularly when he pontificates on how other people should support Hearts.  He can’t take the moral high ground on how to support Hearts. His backing of Levein and preference that Hibs won the cup are laughable.

I questioned @Smith's right boot's support of Levein in the past, Ethan. 

"In the past", though, is the point. What's the value in keeping it going. Particularly when it was his opinion and he was entitled to make it, anyway?

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

But that's the crux of Neilson's tenure! blowing hot or very cold.

Given everything that is going on with covid, demotion, fear of the season being called, anything other than us winning is not on the agenda.  if we do lose, at least the team should be showing a bit of fight.  That's Neilson's job to get that attitude sorted.  So after defeats away at Dunfermline, Dundee and home to Raith, I totally understand the reaction.

Cards on the table, i wasn't over enthused at RN's appointment, but he's here, he won't be fired at any time soon, and as long as results and performances keep to a high standard then happy days.

Looking forward, assuming promotion, then we have to expect the same level of high performance and attitude next season too.

I'm not convinced RN can takes us as far as we want i.e. top 3 (or at least challenging for that).  But if he does, fair play and I'm more than happy to be proven wrong!

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I questioned @Smith's right boot's support of Levein in the past, Ethan. 

"In the past", though, is the point. What's the value in keeping it going. Particularly when it was his opinion and he was entitled to make it, anyway?

Yet he ridicules the opinion of anyone who doesn’t agree with him. Can’t have it both ways. If he questions the manner in which people support the club he should expect the same in return. Or he could wind his neck in and not jump from thread to thread posting the same shite.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Given everything that is going on with covid, demotion, fear of the season being called, anything other than us winning is not on the agenda.  if we do lose, at least the team should be showing a bit of fight.  That's Neilson's job to get that attitude sorted.  So after defeats away at Dunfermline, Dundee and home to Raith, I totally understand the reaction.

Cards on the table, i wasn't over enthused at RN's appointment, but he's here, he won't be fired at any time soon, and as long as results and performances keep to a high standard then happy days.

Looking forward, assuming promotion, then we have to expect the same level of high performance and attitude next season too.

I'm not convinced RN can takes us as far as we want i.e. top 3 (or at least challenging for that).  But if he does, fair play and I'm more than happy to be proven wrong!

Very fair post and not a million miles away from how I feel. In RN’s mitigation he had a lot to sort out regarding attitude and application from the players. They had fallen short on both for literally years. Guys in the seat and needs given the chance to fix it, which will take time. 

As you say been up and down so far. 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yet he ridicules the opinion of anyone who doesn’t agree with him. Can’t have it both ways. If he questions the manner in which people support the club he should expect the same in return. Or he could wind his neck in and not jump from thread to thread posting the same shite.

I'm not sticking up for Tosh, as such, he's able to do that himself. I just find the Hibs Cup stuff tiresome. Taken many a thread off topic and down the same dead end.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This.

Sam stance from me, despite last night. We’ll win this league by a distance with Neilson. But he’s not what we need in the Premiership.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Very fair post and not a million miles away from how I feel. In RN’s mitigation he had a lot to sort out regarding attitude and application from the players. They had fallen short on both for literally years. Guys in the seat and needs given the chance to fix it, which will take time. 

As you say been up and down so far. 

Yeah, I guess that's fair comment too.

I suppose my concern is if it doesn't work, how long do we wait to see any action from the Board?

But I guess it's up to RN to succeed!

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Yeah, I guess that's fair comment too.

I suppose my concern is if it doesn't work, how long do we wait to see any action from the Board?

But I guess it's up to RN to succeed!

I know what you mean after the time it took to replace CL. I’m hoping lessons have been learned on that front.  

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

St Mirren.

Anyone slagging CL for no medals needs their head checked. I can't think of an unluckier player and manager. 

As a player he was poised to get a move to a club where he 100% would have won many medals - not once but twice. His career was ended by 3 injuries. He came back from two to be one of the best players we've ever seen and play a massive part in our revival during the last 80s and into the 90s. After both injuries - either of which could have ended the careers of other players - he got himself back to being one of our best players and one of the country's best players.

As a manager he was denied a cup win by a referee while at Utd and who knows what his team could have achieved if injuries hadn't decimated it in 18/19. I've never seen any other club in Scotland suffer that many longterm injuries to that many key players in the one season.

And anyone slagging the 86 team is never in a million years a Hearts fan. Every one of them is a hero. No other team since those guys has  got as close to a Premier League title. 

Spot on!

29 minutes ago, Boris said:

This!

The Neilson merry go round goes round and round..etc ......Lose on Saturday Neilson back to being the bad guy again

Win on Saturday.....Srb and his cronies will be back to tell us that the Neilson oot brigade are a bunch of self entitled a$$holes....(or words to that effect) 

FWIW.......I'm happy, really happy every time Hearts win.......I'm really, really happy when Hearts play with a bit style and win.....Just like they did last night.

Set that standard and keep that type of performance going and nobody will have any concerns about the running or management of the club......

Edited by Hashimoto

8 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

This!

The Neilson merry go round goes round and round..etc ......Lose on Saturday Neilson back to being the bad guy again

Win on Saturday.....Srb and his cronies will be back to tell us that the Neilson oot brigade are a bunch of self entitled a$$holes....(or words to that effect) 

FWIW.......I'm happy, really happy every time Hearts win.......I'm really, really happy when Hearts play with a bit style and win.....Just like they did last night.

Set that standard and keep that type of performance going and nobody will have any concerns about the running or management of the club......

This team is clearly nowhere near good enough for SPFL top 3, primarily because we haven't been able to fix our defensive or midfield problems.

Lets try and do the business and get promoted and try and fill these gaps.

I just hope that we have our act together on Saturday as I was raging and shut down my browser one minute into the second half.

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Are you going to set up the poll?  

Don't know how to do it, but if anyone else does they are more than welcome to do it. 

22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

This!

But they will. They will go back to Budge’s financial errors of the past and Stendel’s selection of popadom hands to fill the void of negativity their life needs. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never hoped or wanted anything about that final. 

I forget all about it until some rabid lunatic brings it up on here. 

A bit shit hibs won it, but countered with your queen's eleven being trophyless in thier new guise for longer. Hun tears being the silver lining for me. 

It was a rangers or hibs poll on here, unfortunately I never knew so many Hearts fans were intolerable of different view points to the point where some abuse folk with a different view and go on about it 6 years later.

Whater floats folks boat tho. 

I don't understand why some folk can't accept some might dislike Rangers more than Hibs. If that causes folks brains to explode then fair doos. 

On topic, it's nothing to do with Bongo ripping Hearts players for 86 tho. Poor. 

No way you voted hibs over rangers? Are rivals you voted them over rangers? Call yourself a Hearts man, you make the point of rangers cheating to win leagues, a take it you were locked away when hibs were trying to put us out of existence? Writing letters and everything? They wanted us dead yet you wanted hibs to win the cup nah I'm out 🤔

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This team is clearly nowhere near good enough for SPFL top 3, primarily because we haven't been able to fix our defensive or midfield problems.

Lets try and do the business and get promoted and try and fill these gaps.

I just hope that we have our act together on Saturday as I was raging and shut down my browser one minute into the second half.

Hardly fair to hold this team to the standard of top 3 in the top league when we're in the Championship. There are justified gripes to be had about our attitude in some games and the constant needless tinkering of the team, but from a results perspective I think we're doing about as well as you could have reasonably expected.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Boris said:

I'm not sure what you base your last sentence on as, in his last spell in charge, we were comfortably in the top 2 or 3 and that was with (probably) a smaller budget than he will have available next season (assuming we get promoted of course)

19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm not sure what you base your last sentence on as, in his last spell in charge, we were comfortably in the top 2 or 3 and that was with (probably) a smaller budget than he will have available next season (assuming we get promoted of course)

Just a hunch.  Or pessimism! 

Thing is, it isn't 4 years ago (or however long it was)and everyone else has evolved.

but, as I said, happy to be proven wrong!

40 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Where Boris is, is where I am. I thought and still think the appointment on RN was unimaginative and done in haste. I also question why RN, who dropped us like a stone, for an appointment at a smaller less stable club, dropped DUFC for a club in the league below. Surely if you want to test yourself, you do it against the best, not the 20th best.

I know DUFC are a bit of a basket case but I still can’t get my head round why RN dropped them. The cynic in me says it’s for an easier life but I don’t know.

When RN was first appointed and we played in a Championship that was much tougher than one we are in, we played some really good football. Once we got promoted, again we started off really well then came the Aberdeen defeat. After that we were much more cautious and he started morphing into CL with his tactics.

My issue with him at the moment is that he has been schooled by guys like Crawford and McPake. The way we started in these games, the Raith game, the Alloa cup tie and even to an extent the game at Morton, we were slow and lethargic to start. In the games against Dundee and Dunfermline in particular it allowed the teams to dominate us. If it had been a one off, you could forgive it. The problem with these games as well is the football was too much like CL football. Last night and first game of season we started off going after them and only really relented once the game was done. We play better on the front foot, the fans want to see the team play on the front foot. The score line is immaterial as to whether we win 1-0 or 10-0, but the doubters would probably have less doubt if more of the games were like last night and not Saturday. 

The passive tactics are too CL and after the last few years, a change is required to get the fans excited.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No way you voted hibs over rangers? Are rivals you voted them over rangers? Call yourself a Hearts man, you make the point of rangers cheating to win leagues, a take it you were locked away when hibs were trying to put us out of existence? Writing letters and everything? They wanted us dead yet you wanted hibs to win the cup nah I'm out 🤔

Some mental hibs fudd doodling letters had no impact on Hearts. 

Rangers cheating and avoiding tax to beat us on the field and win trophies did. 

If you can't see the  difference then fair enough. I have no issue with Hearts fans disliking hibs or other teams more, different folk, different strokes. How folk hate or dislike other teams is of little interest to me. 

What I wouldn't do is slag any of the 86 team or use the fact we never won much or Anything for a few decades to score points over other Hearts fans who back our current manager - like you did. 

Low, in fact not even worthy of a debate. 

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Tbh it's based on nothing other than a dislike for all things CL and many think Robbie is a product of CL. 

That's the root of the matter. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you can't see the  difference then fair enough. I have no issue with Hearts fans disliking hibs or other teams more, different folk, different strokes. How folk hate or dislike other teams is of little interest to me. 

What I wouldn't do is slag any of the 86 team or use the fact we never won much or Anything for a few decades to score points over other Hearts fans who back our current manager - like you did. 

Really, the fact they were writing to the Lithuanian Government telling them that the value of the land and club was more than they were being told could have gone either way. The fact that we survived does not detract from the fact how low those *******s would go to try and kill us off.

I couldn’t give a shiney shite what Rangers did. They won’t be the only team who cook the books to entice players to play for them, they were just the silly *******s who got caught and their dirty laundry well and truly aired in public.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, something you should do well to remember, but I cannot understand any Hearts fan who would choose a team who would want Hibs to win a game of football. There is no way on this earth id want them to win a game of tiddlywinks never mind football.

The 1986 stuff. Silly to raise it as a way to try and score points about CL. Lots of things went wrong that day at Dens. We should have had a penalty early doors, we didn’t play with the same panache we had at Tannadice about 6 weeks earlier and we looked out of sorts. We also should have tucked Clydebank away by more the week before

The Treasurer
50 minutes ago, Boris said:

Just a hunch.  Or pessimism! 

Thing is, it isn't 4 years ago (or however long it was)and everyone else has evolved.

but, as I said, happy to be proven wrong!

If by evolved you mean improved, then I'd say that only applies to sevco.

The rest have either stood still or gonebackwards (sellik, Killie, Motherwellfor example)

bobby bombscare
21 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You new to football?

With that thinking we'd never , ever beat Celtic or Rangers .

It's a ridiculous argument and the argument of someone who has lost all credibility.

Neilson has us top of the league, the league is made up from a number of games and the best team in that division ends up top. We have the best squad and the most expensive one and we sit top- exactly where we should be.

Your footballing Guru Stendel, however had us drop down a place in the league behind the likes of Hamilton , St Mirren, Ross County , not only beat but actually performing worse over the course of the league that , yes- you guessed it- from teams with a far smaller budget.

Thanks for playing.

With your logic, Gerrard to be sacked for drawing with Motherwell and hibs, teams with a fraction of the budget. Or maybe they should have sacked him when we knocked him out the SC- a team with a fraction of the budget, injuries and near the bottom of the league?

Ofc not, because football is played over a season.

Your love for a guy, who in terms of the league performed worse than CL last season is admirable. 

Sir Alex lost to every team with a fraction of the budget at some point. Klopp lost 7-0 to a team with a fraction of the budget. Ole lost to lesser teams for a fair bit at Man U.. now sitting top of the league. Brendan Rodgers lost 4-0 to us, so he must never be a manager in a million years.. this is exactly the reason that I'm glad fans don't run the hiring/firing! 

It will take at least another FULL season to completely fix the mess left by CL. Doesn't matter if we got Pep or Klopp in, the club cannot afford to cancel the contracts of all the players we need to get rid of for the manager/sporting director to bring in the players they need! So, whoever comes in is still stuck with a mish-mash of players who "looked like a good deal" to CL. Until the manager can get rid of the ones who aren't up to our level, we need to deal with the fact he is having to make the most of someone else's mess. We can already see from the likes of Kinglsey, Gino, GMS, and hopefully going forward, Popescu (who was solid yesterday playing on the right for the first time), Halliday (who i'll admit hasn't impressed me so far) and the new boy, that the overall quality of the signings seem to be better. Also, we are now buying players to fill positions that are weaknesses rather than buying players because they were playing at a high level before their quadruple leg break. Savage/Robbie are slowly working through the Sh**show that CL left, from the first team, to the sports science, to the recruitment strategies, to the academy. Doesn't matter who you get in. They have to deal with all that crap whilst also trying to get us promotion on the first try and build a premiership level squad for next season.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Really, the fact they were writing to the Lithuanian Government telling them that the value of the land and club was more than they were being told could have gone either way. The fact that we survived does not detract from the fact how low those *******s would go to try and kill us off.

I couldn’t give a shiney shite what Rangers did. They won’t be the only team who cook the books to entice players to play for them, they were just the silly *******s who got caught and their dirty laundry well and truly aired in public.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, something you should do well to remember, but I cannot understand any Hearts fan who would choose a team who would want Hibs to win a game of football. There is no way on this earth id want them to win a game of tiddlywinks never mind football.

The 1986 stuff. Silly to raise it as a way to try and score points about CL. Lots of things went wrong that day at Dens. We should have had a penalty early doors, we didn’t play with the same panache we had at Tannadice about 6 weeks earlier and we looked out of sorts. We also should have tucked Clydebank away by more the week before

You don't need to ubderstand why any Hearts fan dislikes a team more than hibs, you just need to accept a difference of opinion, and clearly I can't spell out the reasons why any more clearly. You can also understand the reasons ( which are crystal) and not agree. 

Rangers imo over a decade done far more damage to Scottish football and Hearts then any deranged supporter of Hibs has ever done or will do. 

You disagree. 

It's boring anyway, unlike some I don't like talking about Hibs winning the cup. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Sir Alex lost to every team with a fraction of the budget at some point. Klopp lost 7-0 to a team with a fraction of the budget. Ole lost to lesser teams for a fair bit at Man U.. now sitting top of the league. Brendan Rodgers lost 4-0 to us, so he must never be a manager in a million years.. this is exactly the reason that I'm glad fans don't run the hiring/firing! 

It will take at least another FULL season to completely fix the mess left by CL. Doesn't matter if we got Pep or Klopp in, the club cannot afford to cancel the contracts of all the players we need to get rid of for the manager/sporting director to bring in the players they need! So, whoever comes in is still stuck with a mish-mash of players who "looked like a good deal" to CL. Until the manager can get rid of the ones who aren't up to our level, we need to deal with the fact he is having to make the most of someone else's mess. We can already see from the likes of Kinglsey, Gino, GMS, and hopefully going forward, Popescu (who was solid yesterday playing on the right for the first time), Halliday (who i'll admit hasn't impressed me so far) and the new boy, that the overall quality of the signings seem to be better. Also, we are now buying players to fill positions that are weaknesses rather than buying players because they were playing at a high level before their quadruple leg break. Savage/Robbie are slowly working through the Sh**show that CL left, from the first team, to the sports science, to the recruitment strategies, to the academy. Doesn't matter who you get in. They have to deal with all that crap whilst also trying to get us promotion on the first try and build a premiership level squad for next season.

Correct.

Aye it didn't have an impact it only put back months of negotiations, but it didn't have an impact, go and give your arse a rest mate 98%rat. 

Let me spell this out for you, THEY WANTED US DEAD!!. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Hibs are playing Rangers tonight......

I hope Rangers give them a right severe doing, and increase their lead at the top of the Premiership over the Mhanks..........

Hashi the Hearts supporter.......

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You don't need to ubderstand why any Hearts fan dislikes a team more than hibs, you just need to accept a difference of opinion, and clearly I can't spell out the reasons why any more clearly. You can also understand the reasons ( which are crystal) and not agree. 

Rangers imo over a decade done far more damage to Scottish football and Hearts then any deranged supporter of Hibs has ever done or will do. 

You disagree. 

It's boring anyway, unlike some I don't like talking about Hibs winning the cup. 

Well maybe you need to understand why some Hearts fans have reservations about Reservations about RN and the way the team are playing football instead of talking them they’re talking crap or whatever it is you do.

We might be top of league but we’ve had our arse handed to us in games this season due to tactics, lack of motivation or whatever you want to call it. Some of the things that fans witnessed under CL. These things are the responsibility of the manager. The buck stops with RN. They are his tactics, he’s the one that is supposed to motivate the players to go out there and play and it’s concerning when we look lethargic, uninterested and don’t look like what we are doing at times.

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Hibs are playing Rangers tonight......

I hope Rangers give them a right severe doing, and increase their lead at the top of the Premiership over the Mhanks..........

Hashi the Hearts supporter.......

Absolutely the correct call.

Celtic watch their 10IRA disappearing over the hill and Hibs get embarrassed on TV.

Win/Win really

Tbh it's based on nothing other than a dislike for all things CL and many think Robbie is a product of CL. 

That's the root of the matter. 

I have a dislike for CLs coaching philosophies and think Robbie shares a similar mindset. Levein would not appoint a Head Coach to work under his Director role if they did not see football in a similar way.

Doesn't mean i don't respect Levein's playing career. I saw him play and know how good he was.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Well maybe you need to understand why some Hearts fans have reservations about Reservations about RN and the way the team are playing football instead of talking them they’re talking crap or whatever it is you do.

We might be top of league but we’ve had our arse handed to us in games this season due to tactics, lack of motivation or whatever you want to call it. Some of the things that fans witnessed under CL. These things are the responsibility of the manager. The buck stops with RN. They are his tactics, he’s the one that is supposed to motivate the players to go out there and play and it’s concerning when we look lethargic, uninterested and don’t look like what we are doing at times.

Reservations are fine, wanting him gone is ridiculous and championing Stendel while doing it even more so.

He has us top, comfortably so. If we are doing all what you say and averaging over 3 goals a game and top  then I can't wait until we wake up and get motivated.

Last time he won the championship then had us in about 2nd or third.

I'll take that- again.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye it didn't have an impact it only put back months of negotiations, but it didn't have an impact, go and give your arse a rest mate 98%rat. 

Let me spell this out for you, THEY WANTED US DEAD!!. 

Who did- some fudd on the internet?

I don't care if "they" wanted us dead, them wanting us dead had no impact on us. Rangers fc cheating did, we might have won more cups and even titles if they never cheated, more European football, who knows? 

Anyway I don't care if you hate hibs more or Rangers more , folk can have an opinion. You can have yours, I won't hold whether you hate celtic, rangers, hibs or another more against you PHM status.- it's irrelevant and not that interesting tbh.

Slagging our 86 players tho........ Great banter- keep that up, It's really funny.

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Some of these points are fine, but this has been the case at hearts for coming on 5 years.  You dont really expect him to fix all of the problems overnight do you?  I mean, the players that got the previous managers the sack are largely unchanged.. the ones that Robbie has brought in have been better right (though not all perfect which you’d expect given our place in the pecking order)

last night was great. Will be delighted if we can get to that level more often than not. 

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I have a dislike for CLs coaching philosophies and think Robbie shares a similar mindset. Levein would not appoint a Head Coach to work under his Director role if they did not see football in a similar way.

Doesn't mean i don't respect Levein's playing career. I saw him play and know how good he was.

You don't know that for sure tho, you are guessing, why not go on Robbies results.

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Where Boris is, is where I am. I thought and still think the appointment on RN was unimaginative and done in haste. I also question why RN, who dropped us like a stone, for an appointment at a smaller less stable club, dropped DUFC for a club in the league below. Surely if you want to test yourself, you do it against the best, not the 20th best.

I know DUFC are a bit of a basket case but I still can’t get my head round why RN dropped them. The cynic in me says it’s for an easier life but I don’t know.

When RN was first appointed and we played in a Championship that was much tougher than one we are in, we played some really good football. Once we got promoted, again we started off really well then came the Aberdeen defeat. After that we were much more cautious and he started morphing into CL with his tactics.

My issue with him at the moment is that he has been schooled by guys like Crawford and McPake. The way we started in these games, the Raith game, the Alloa cup tie and even to an extent the game at Morton, we were slow and lethargic to start. In the games against Dundee and Dunfermline in particular it allowed the teams to dominate us. If it had been a one off, you could forgive it. The problem with these games as well is the football was too much like CL football. Last night and first game of season we started off going after them and only really relented once the game was done. We play better on the front foot, the fans want to see the team play on the front foot. The score line is immaterial as to whether we win 1-0 or 10-0, but the doubters would probably have less doubt if more of the games were like last night and not Saturday. 

The passive tactics are too CL and after the last few years, a change is required to get the fans excited.

Think we beat McPake 6-2. How was he schooled? 

Bazzas right boot

Passive tactics... 

56 goals in 13 Hearts league games.... 

39 for.. 

Passive tactics, do you believe the stuff you post or just say things for drama? 

Passive tactics..... 

:qqb006:

I’m happy to continue with the passive tactics of last night. 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

If by evolved you mean improved, then I'd say that only applies to sevco.

The rest have either stood still or gonebackwards (sellik, Killie, Motherwellfor example)

I hope so, and if RN can deliver then great!

The plus point is having Savage. Time will tell, of course, but have a feeling his control over recruitment will be better than whomever it was in RNs previous tenure.

Just to clarify though, as stated previously I wasn't over enamoured by the appointment, but happy to be proven a doubting Thomas.

As the saying goes you can only piss with the cock you have and the cock that we have at the moment, and I am talking about the team not the manager, is riddled with syphilis 🤣. There is not one player in that team that could lay a glove on the likes of  Skacel , Bednar or even some of the Liths as the were called who were said to be shite ... that is how far our playing staff has fallen... caveat only my opinion. Some of the players we had could have ripped up teams even without a manager! At the moment to be absolutely honest I would take half a dozen of those "Liths" that were shite over the absolute  merde we have just now.

39 minutes ago, Sid said:

I’m happy to continue with the passive tactics of last night. 

Read the whole post. 

I said the game last night and the first game against Dundee was only times we had started on front foot.

We have been too passive in other games

bobby bombscare
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

As the saying goes you can only piss with the cock you have and the cock that we have at the moment, and I am talking about the team not the manager, is riddled with syphilis 🤣. There is not one player in that team that could lay a glove on the likes of  Skacel , Bednar or even some of the Liths as the were called who were said to be shite ... that is how far our playing staff has fallen... caveat only my opinion. Some of the players we had could have ripped up teams even without a manager! At the moment to be absolutely honest I would take half a dozen of those "Liths" that were shite over the absolute  merde we have just now.

yes. paying all those wages also came close to killing the club though.....

I totally agree we are not at the level we should be but there is less money in Scottish football now than there was then, add to that the fact that the money players get paid has gone up and you quickly realise that Scottish football on a whole isn't what it was. Add to that the fact that the league didn't have any old firm derby's or European success for the best part of 10 years and you have a league where even the current rangers team would have struggled to beat the teams of back then. We need to stop living in the past. We had a good team but scottish football has changed. The revenue isn't the same, the interest isn't the same and the quality isn't the same. Most kids now couldn't tell you who plays for the old firm, never mind us. They can name all the Premier League players though! 

Passive tactics... 

56 goals in 13 Hearts league games.... 

39 for.. 

Passive tactics, do you believe the stuff you post or just say things for drama? 

Passive tactics..... 

:qqb006:

Can you actually read and understand a whole post.

We are playing teams that should be cannon fodder and are not starting off on front foot and scoring for fun with the players we have

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Think we beat McPake 6-2. How was he schooled? 

Read the post. I said only time we started on front foot was first game of season and last night

Did you forget the embarrassment at Dens where we got outperform arses handed to us. Schooled

19 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

3 points is all that matters @ the end of the day.. 

Eye bleeding football it is then, still not convinced though, cracks and paper and all that. 

Move on

Eye bleeding football. :lol: 

You're watching the Scottish Championship in winter, what are you expecting? We've scored 39 goals in 13 games!

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )