Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

46 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think he should get the summer and the first part of next season. That'll be the litmus test.

We need a 4 quality signings in the summer, CB, two CM and another Winger/Inside Forward. Then we might be able to compete at the top end of the SPL.

Inclined to agree with this.

RN won't be sacked now or, if we get promoted, in the Summer. He certainly won't be sacked because I, and others, have doubts about how we'll do next season with him as head coach.

That's nuts.

Imagine the tribunal:

"What was the reason for Mr Neilson's dismissal"? 

"Well, despite comfortably leading the Championship, beating Hibs in another Hampden derby and getting to within 2 decent penalties of silverware, my crystal ball says we'll be murder in the Premier League next season".

At a club where a manager was sacked after winning his first 8 League games, being unbeatable and flying high at the top of the table, the above would take the biscuit.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

13 clear because we're grinding out results, like I said. Well done for being able to grasp the concept of what people mean when they say they're grinding out results. Of course, we'll pretend that Raith have two games in hand ;) 

Grinding out.......

:levein_interesting:

37 points, next team on 24 points.

GD of +24, next team on +7

scored 42 goals in 16 games.

Seems like a grind.^_^

Raith do have 2 games in hand, no need to pretend or otherwise, you do know 1 is v Dunfermline tho, so whatever the result 1 of our closest " rivals" will drop points. 

Raith won't be within 10 points of us come the season end, I would even go as far as 15 so you can calm down... or not- worry about them as you see fit.

I don't think you grasp the concept of grinding our results.It's a myth on here.

If you except us to win every game comfortably then I suggest you go back to football manager, it doesn't happen, never has, never will.

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes that's because they been training inside 😂

Yep and when they train in the dome it’s at 50% speed with no contact and some of our more precious players don’t even participate.   Clearly a great scenario for determining someone’s ability and potential. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yep and when they train in the dome it’s at 50% speed with no contact and some of our more precious players don’t even participate.   Clearly a great scenario for determining someone’s ability and potential. 

He's kack mate i seen more from that Jones, that's on loan from Middlesbrough than him. 

Nothing special. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You'll never get the chief cheerleader to admit anything negative about Hearts. Doesn't matter what concerns anyone might have, he's right and that's that. His behaviour when people were clamouring for Levein to be removed proves that. 

My behaviour?

Strange, My position was 

A 6th place finish and lc sf and sc final was not a automatic sacking. I still don't think it is for a Hearts manager.

I felt he had to go after the Well 2-3 game as he clearly couldn't overturn the form, confidence and compensate for the injuries.

What I never done is slag him for being trophy less, want us beat of Celtic in a sc final or of hibs just to prove a point and certainly never hinted he was shagging our owner or called him silly we names- Many folk still about behaved this way.

My behaviour in light of much abuse was restrained tbh.

And, Once Levein left, we actually got worse,- we dropped a place in the league something if you check back I warned against. sacking someone is not even half a plan.

Luckily after the Cathro and Stendel failed experiments, we have a proven Hearts man in charge that has delivered in the past and is delivering now.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My behaviour?

Strange, My position was 

A 6th place finish and lc sf and sc final was not a automatic sacking. I still don't think it is for a Hearts manager.

I felt he had to go after the Well 2-3 game as he clearly couldn't overturn the form, confidence and compensate for the injuries.

What I never done is slag him for being trophy less, want us beat of Celtic in a sc final or of hibs just to prove a point and certainly never hinted he was shagging our owner or called him silly we names- Many folk still about behaved this way.

And, Once Levein left, we actually got worse,- we dropped a place in the league something if you check back I warned against. sacking someone is not even half a plan.

Luckily after the Cathro and Stendel failed experiments, we have a proven Hearts man in charge that has delivered in the past and is delivering now.

You never at any point said Levein had to go utter nonsense 👍

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

RN won't be sacked now or, if we get promoted, in the Summer. He certainly won't be sacked because I, and others, have doubts about how we'll do next season with him as head coach.

That's nuts.

Imagine the tribunal:

"Well, despite comfortably leading the Championship, beating Hibs in another Hampden derby and getting to within 2 decent penalties of silverware, my crystal ball says we'll be murder in the Premier League next season".

At a club where a manager was sacked after winning his first 8 League games, being unbeatable and flying high at the top of the table, the above would take the biscuit.

In a nutshell. 👍

Can't say im overly enamoured by our performances but RN will have met the minimum requirements this season by winning the Championship. We could of course still go far in this seasons Scottish Cup too. 

The reality as you've pointed out is that his job at the moment is as safe as houses. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

You never at any point said Levein had to go utter nonsense 👍

after the 3-2 well game i said it was just about up.

Just because i never screamed it for months and called him silly names never meant I knew he was done and although sad, his sacking in game 11 was inevitable.

Robbie will eventually get sacked, doesn't mean the screamers that started this thread in November 2020 were correct, most managers get sacked eventually, the challenge is to get another one that makes us better, unfortunately since Robbie the first time we have got that wrong, despite trying different things and covid cutting Stendel's time short was just the cherry on the shit cake.

CL is irrelevant in the context of Robbie, no doubt when he does leave or get sacked in 2 years or whatever folk like yourself will be about to gloat, say I told you so before they start moaning at the next appointment after a few defeats.

alwaysthereinspirit
38 minutes ago, martoon said:

That's nuts.

Imagine the tribunal:

They could just quote posts from this thread from the in-house football genius’s who follow us. 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

I'd rather our hearts manager would grow a pair and instead of blaming refereeing decisions and pitches for our performances and results that as head coach he is ultimately responsible for and come out and put his hands up...doesn't engage him with our fans talking pish. 

None of that has anything to do with him celebrating an equaliser

The past couple of performances have been extremely poor and totally unacceptable for sure. Those performances are not isolated either as there have been other previous similar issues throughout the season.

On the plus side there have been some very good performances too with results to reflect this. Even The Rangers lost matches with shocking displays at venues like Stranraer etc in their climb through ALL lower leagues.

It happens and players are not robots. We are miles in front and ridiculously on track to get back to the Premier league so stop all this pant wetting nonsense and leave that to the tramps on .net.

Im as disappointed as the next fan both during and following those shocking displays. However on reflection we are very much on track as our priorities for this season were solely to gain promotion with anything else a real bonus. The time to be properly judgemental being when we’re back where we belong and competing or indeed not competing with the big guns.

A league is won over a season and there were always going to be times when we’re feeling deflated but is pant wetting really the answer.

Of course performances need to improve and they will but I honestly don’t get this lasting negative vibe that so many others get on this or any other forum for that matter.

ps; my comments are not up for debate as they are only my own opinion.

Where’s captain Mainwaring these days anyway?????

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

None of that has anything to do with him celebrating an equaliser

I know, sorry I went off point. I think it's just me, I didn't think it deserved celebrating like we had won. 

Edited by Agentjambo

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Ayr and QoS are not part time. Only Arbroath and Alloa are part time in our division. 

Yes but still struggled against Arbroath and Alloa and qos second bottom of a shite league 

Just now, Bryan anderson said:

Yes but still struggled against Arbroath and Alloa and qos second bottom of a shite league 

Shite is a relative term in football. It’s the league we are in and need to get out. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's kack mate i seen more from that Jones, that's on loan from Middlesbrough than him. 

Nothing special. 

Repeat that no-one deserves to be written off after 81 mins. Says more about the person making the judgement than the player himself.  Very typical of some on here but writing a player off after 81 mins is close to the jkb record low time I suspect. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I know, sorry I went off point. I think it's just me, I didn't think it deserved celebrating like we had won. 

What's the difference, is there a scaling table of allowed celebrations? 

What a strange thing to pick up on. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Repeat that no-one deserves to be written off after 81 mins. Says more about the person making the judgement than the player himself.  Very typical of some on here but writing a player off after 81 mins is close to the jkb record low time I suspect. 

...looking for the Mo Berthe thread. 

i agree it’s too soon to judge. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

mind when he first-pumped that 1-1 draw against 10-man st mirren in the most important game of the season before all his players missed their penalties :rofl:

thats near the top of the scale - a reference point way above say celebrating ozturks equaliser after soiling our pants for 70 minutes at Easter road before throwing the ‘game plan’ out the window again to try and rescue the situation 

way above celebrating an equaliser at qos too

made a point of telling everyone beforehand how prepared they were for every eventuality including penalties 😂

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As I said it's just me. 

Terrible thread with a terrible title. 

If you posted this in an old firm forum, it would not be out of place.    I really despair with the righteous attitude of some of our fans. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

My behaviour?

Strange, My position was 

So you don't mind that he wasted Millions on three year contracts for players that were never good enough? You never worried that even when Budge dropped him the hint, he was too arrogant to see he was a failure and stand down?

The fact we got worse under his pick for manager with Cathro.

You were happy he lied to the AGM when he stated he never sent messages when it was clear on TV?

You were happy he was taking three wages from the club he was meant to be a PHM?

2 minutes ago, goader said:

Terrible thread with a terrible title. 

If you posted this in an old firm forum, it would not be out of place.    I really despair with the righteous attitude of some of our fans. 

It is a terrible thread title and it’s ridiculous to suggest he go. Righteous though? Comparisons to old firm fans? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So you don't mind that he wasted Millions on three year contracts for players that were never good enough? You never worried that even when Budge dropped him the hint, he was too arrogant to see he was a failure and stand down?

You were happy he lied to the AGM when he stated he never sent messages when it was clear on TV?

You were happy he was taking three wages from the club he was meant to be a PHM?

Nothing to do with Robbie tho, all the above was debated over 2 mega threads over 2 years. 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Nothing to do with Robbie tho, all the above was debated over 2 mega threads over 2 years. 

No, I was discussing YOU not what happened before.

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Three wages? 🥴

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No, I was discussing YOU not what happened before.

I made my opinion on CL clear over the course of the  mega threads. 

CL has nothing to do with Robbie and don't want to bog this thread down rehashing the CL debate, been done to death and he left us as manager well over a year ago. 

Just a shame many can't separate Robbie and CL as highlighted in this thread. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Another thing that concerns me is Robbies inability to accept a performance wasn't good enough. I understand what's said publicly and privately can differ massively, but I think it would be good to hear him taking responsibility when a performance isn't good enough. Blaming things like the referee or the pitch is frankly pathetic when we have an SPFL top flight quality squad. 

Just now, OTT said:

Another thing that concerns me is Robbies inability to accept a performance wasn't good enough. I understand what's said publicly and privately can differ massively, but I think it would be good to hear him taking responsibility when a performance isn't good enough. Blaming things like the referee or the pitch is frankly pathetic when we have an SPFL top flight quality squad. 

He said on Friday we weren’t good enough. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, OTT said:

He said on Friday we weren't good enough, specifically in the final third iirc. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

He said on Friday we weren’t good enough. 

Talking about this?

"It wasn't a great performance of us. Although we controlled a lot of the game, our quality in the final third wasn't there. But I put that down to this surface, it's very difficult to play on. Their penalty shouldn't have been given, if anything their player puts his leg into our defender."

Fair enough, but he's still trying to blame the pitch. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Talking about this?

"It wasn't a great performance of us. Although we controlled a lot of the game, our quality in the final third wasn't there. But I put that down to this surface, it's very difficult to play on. Their penalty shouldn't have been given, if anything their player puts his leg into our defender."

He us indeed. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

He said on Friday it wasn't good. 

Seems to be conveniently missed out for the sake of tears and snotters that his team are absolutely pissing it and did far better in the Scottish Cup than credit given. In fact both cup ties, knives were out at half time. 

Its really quite embarrassing in truth, the utter desperation to see a Hearts manager fail, but seems quite  the norm these days. 

Cant fathom it myself 

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Although I agree to an extent, as you say he’s probably saying different stuff when talking to players. If he truly believes the fault lies with refs and pitches we are in a world of shit but the very fact he has eyes makes me doubt that. 

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It is a terrible thread title and it’s ridiculous to suggest he go. Righteous though? Comparisons to old firm fans? 

It's a pretty fair comparison.  For fans of the other clubs in the division we are pretty much the Old Firm.  Thumping them home and away, or howling about how we should if we don't/only win 1-0.

I mean this isn't a thread about the tedious side-to-side passing that frustrates the hair out of my head, it's about getting rid of a manager who has us 13 (or 10) points clear.

It's certainly only the OF who'd have such a thread on a manager if he was top of the Premier.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

He said on Friday it wasn't good. 

Seems to be conveniently missed out for the sake of tears and snotters that his team are absolutely pissing it and did far better in the Scottish Cup than credit given. In fact both cup ties, knives were out at half time. 

Its really quite embarrassing in truth, the utter desperation to see a Hearts manager fail, but seems quite  the norm these days. 

Cant fathom it myself 

I've quoted it above anyway, and its half right, but he did also proceed to immediately then blame the pitch.

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination willing for him to fail. I'm annoyed because we're seeing lacklustre performances and no clear structure to our play. Just a lot of sideways passes. Over and above that, I'm really disappointed in how little he's used our young players this season. It would have been a perfect time to test them now but he's loaned them all out to leagues that may not even restart. Considering this thread has hit 100 pages, I think a lot of people aren't happy either.

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Grinding out.......

:levein_interesting:

37 points, next team on 24 points.

GD of +24, next team on +7

scored 42 goals in 16 games.

Seems like a grind.^_^

Raith do have 2 games in hand, no need to pretend or otherwise, you do know 1 is v Dunfermline tho, so whatever the result 1 of our closest " rivals" will drop points. 

Raith won't be within 10 points of us come the season end, I would even go as far as 15 so you can calm down... or not- worry about them as you see fit.

I don't think you grasp the concept of grinding our results.It's a myth on here.

If you except us to win every game comfortably then I suggest you go back to football manager, it doesn't happen, never has, never will.

It's ok to admit you don't understand what the term "grinding results out" means, but I'll help you understand better. A last minute penalty to rescue a point against QoTS, another penalty to beat Ayr 1-0, a goal with 10 minutes to go to beat Dunfermline 1-0, a last minute 3rd goal to finally kill off 10 man Alloa is the very definition of grinding results out. 

Ah, the old "YoU muST exPECt us tO wIN eVErY gAMe" nonsense the fanboys trot out every time someone dares raise a negative against the way Hearts are playing. No, I don't expect Hearts to win every game, but I do expect to see a higher level of performance against the tinpot clubs in this tinpot division. Sorry if this offends you. Except I'm not. You don't have any right to talk down to anyone. Not with your posting history.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I felt he had to go after the Well 2-3 game

:laugh: I'm glad someone else has picked up on this absolute lie. You were championing him right until the very end and everyone with eyes saw it and shook their heads at your sheer pig headed arrogance.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Talking about this?

He does go back on himself a bit. 

I don't expect him to come on and say we were shit tho, not after a 1-1 draw. 

Not many managers top of the league would rip their own team in public, if anything it belittles the opposition as well, I hate when we beat say celtic or rangers and the media or their manager go on about how poor they were while dismissing the performance of Hearts. 

It happened over the course of the sc final. 

I wouldn't want Robbie to go all n Lennon and start slating players either. 

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

It's ok to admit you don't understand what the term "grinding results out" means, but I'll help you understand better. A last minute penalty to rescue a point against QoTS, another penalty to beat Ayr 1-0, a goal with 10 minutes to go to beat Dunfermline 1-0, a last minute 3rd goal to finally kill off 10 man Alloa is the very definition of grinding results out. 

Ah, the old "YoU muST exPECt us tO wIN eVErY gAMe" nonsense the fanboys trot out every time someone dares raise a negative against the way Hearts are playing. No, I don't expect Hearts to win every game, but I do expect to see a higher level of performance against the tinpot clubs in this tinpot division. Sorry if this offends you. Except I'm not. You don't have any right to talk down to anyone. Not with your posting history.

:laugh: I'm glad someone else has picked up on this absolute lie. You were championing him right until the very end and everyone with eyes saw it and shook their heads at your sheer pig headed arrogance.

😱

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It's a pretty fair comparison.  For fans of the other clubs in the division we are pretty much the Old Firm.  Thumping them home and away, or howling about how we should if we don't/only win 1-0.

I mean this isn't a thread about the tedious side-to-side passing that frustrates the hair out of my head, it's about getting rid of a manager who has us 13 (or 10) points clear.

It's certainly only the OF who'd have such a thread on a manager if he was top of the Premier.

Sorry but as I said earlier it’s not righteous to expect us to play well in the championship and there would be more than old firm fans moaning after watching the last two Friday nights. We’re playing terribly against sides who are cobbled together to make it through the season without being relegated. 

If the guy I was responding to was just talking about the thread title then fair enough though. 

Ex member of the SaS
35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I made my opinion on CL clear over the course of the  mega threads. 

CL has nothing to do with Robbie and don't want to bog this thread down rehashing the CL debate, been done to death and he left us as manager well over a year ago. 

Just a shame many can't separate Robbie and CL as highlighted in this thread. 

You still don't get it, I was discussing your happy clapper attitude to managers and money wasters ruining our club.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Nope, we aren't grinding out results in general, the league table doesn't lie. 

Not even gonna comment on the pig head part, you lack the self awareness to see the irony as you talk about Grinding out results while the league table by all  indicators shows that is not the case and also say you don't expect to win every game, but are moaning about our first draw of the season. 

Cracking stuff. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

please refrain from using animal-based insults - I respect pigs and I respect smiths right .... well I respect pigs :)

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

You still don't get it, I was discussing your happy clapper attitude to managers and money wasters ruining our club.

What is your point then? 

Why is it relevant to Robbie and this thread?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I've quoted it above anyway, and its half right, but he did also proceed to immediately then blame the pitch.

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination willing for him to fail. I'm annoyed because we're seeing lacklustre performances and no clear structure to our play. Just a lot of sideways passes. Over and above that, I'm really disappointed in how little he's used our young players this season. It would have been a perfect time to test them now but he's loaned them all out to leagues that may not even restart. Considering this thread has hit 100 pages, I think a lot of people aren't happy either.

Go and watch it again. Very little side to side in the first half hour. 

Quite the opposite, he sets his team out to attack, he plays wingers, he doesn't want to play Haring because he is not attacking enough. 

Players not performing,  it happens. Teams pack defences, from time to time you do need to go side side but its incumbent on the players to do that quickly. 

Leeds just tore up Elland Road and put in a 350k surface bought from Spurs to avoid a slow tempo, caused by the surface,  it's a real thing.

Players need to adjust, but its not always that easy. 

I don't see Neilson being anything other than attacking in truth 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope, we aren't grinding out results in general, the league table doesn't lie. 

Not even gonna comment on the pig head part, you lack the self awareness to see the irony as you talk about Grinding out results while the league table by all  indicators shows that is not the case and also say you don't expect to win every game, but are moaning about our first draw of the season. 

Cracking stuff. 

I see after repeated attempts to explain it to you, you still don't understand what the phrase "grinding out results" means. I'll leave it there, since I doubt you'll ever get it. And I certainly wouldn't talk to anyone about self awareness when you've been telling outright lies to try and paint yourself in a better light. 

But if you're happy with what we saw on Friday night, that says an awful lot more about you than it does about those who thought the performance wasn't good enough.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry but as I said earlier it’s not righteous to expect us to play well in the championship and there would be more than old firm fans moaning after watching the last two Friday nights. We’re playing terribly against sides who are cobbled together to make it through the season without being relegated. 

If the guy I was responding to was just talking about the thread title then fair enough though. 

Well it isn't righteous based on the meaning of the word.  Maybe self-righteous, but then we are superior (financially) to the teams in the league, much like the Old Firm in the top division.  Perhaps even more so. 

We're not consistently playing terribly but we're definitely not consistently playing well.  We seem to either score a few or not turn up much beyond the side-to-side passing I mentioned previously.

It's been a consistent thing with this team going back far beyond Neilson.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Go and watch it again. Very little side to side in the first half hour. 

Quite the opposite, he sets his team out to attack, he plays wingers, he doesn't want to play Haring because he is not attacking enough. 

Players not performing,  it happens. Teams pack defences, from time to time you do need to go side side but its incumbent on the players to do that quickly. 

Leeds just tore up Elland Road and put in a 350k surface bought from Spurs to avoid a slow tempo, caused by the surface,  it's a real thing.

Players need to adjust, but its not always that easy. 

I don't see Neilson being anything other than attacking in truth 

players not performing ? I thought we were playing within ourselves (to plan) or is that just some weeks when we look dross?

i agree with you regarding the start on Friday tho I can remember being surprised at just how positively we had started - came to next to nothing alas - hopefully it is the start of many more positive starts tho which might come to something

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )