Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

5 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Ah. So you are happy to back Neilson's judgement and managerial abilities here when it means you can back Stendel?

Not really when you consider it took him, for us to lose to Raith at home to realise Berra is done. 

But in truth that was just an old pals act. 

Similar to Levein and Neilson. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Btw, has anyone seen anything of our new CEO recently. Apart from trying to stitch us all up over season tickets, I can’t remember him doing or saying anything 

kingantti1874
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Not really when you consider it took him, for us to lose to Raith at home to realise Berra is done. 

and took Stendel 3 months to realise poppadom hands was not the best keeper at the club. 

wasn’t even a pals act. Just crap management 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Btw, has anyone seen anything of our new CEO recently. Apart from trying to stitch us all up over season tickets, I can’t remember him doing or saying anything 

You wouldn’t want or expect a CEO to be in the press every day. I suspect he is doing what is paid to do which is the day to day running of the business

The Apprentice
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's not what we are talking about. You are trying to defend playing Stendel playing Perreira by saying its proven by the fact Robbie has punted or tried to punt both Doyle and Zlamal. So you are happy to back Robbie's managerial judgement in this instance because it suits your pro-Stendel stance.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

and took Stendel 3 months to realise poppadom hands was not the best keeper at the club. 

wasn’t even a pals act. Just crap management 

Yeah i suppose ☺ but when you consider the wages we were paying for him 😂, down to Potter you sort of have to justify a 6.5k goalkeeper playing, then when Man Utd only loaned him to us, for first team game time ☺ throw into the mix you have Coco and dazzler as your backup well, your hands are sort of tied. 

Hence why a goalkeeper was signed in the summer. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

And luckily Doddie got time after struggling to get promoted and a very average first season in the top flight. 

This place would have been howling for him to be sacked as we scraped promotion iirc at the second try. 

first season in the top flight we won our first 5 games including beating rangers and hibs (for the first time at Tynecastle in 10 years) were unbeaten against hibs and qualified for Europe through our league position for the first time in a gazillion years finishing behind teams who were actually challenging in Europe -  that type of very average ?

concentrate a bit more on quality posts - I don’t think it’s possible for anyone with your level on quantity so maybe need to look at that too

4 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

That's not what we are talking about. You are trying to defend playing Stendel playing Perreira by saying its proven by the fact Robbie has punted or tried to punt both Doyle and Zlamal. So you are happy to back Robbie's managerial judgement in this instance because it suits your pro-Stendel stance.

No I've said all three goalkeepers are pish, don't see what's hard to take from that, it appears Robbie agrees . 

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a more through-gritted-teeth appointment than Stendel. Or appointments made with less vision than Levein or Neilson. It’s an indisputable fact that Budge is lost without comfort blankets

I do think she is more comfortable working with people she knows and trusts. Her general appointments tend to confirm that. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I quite liked Moncur but he didn’t get on with Mercer. Tony Ford wasn’t so good though. 

yeah him and mercer didn’t get on - for all we got hammered week in week out in moncur’s last season he was very clearly the start of the revival

assuming it wasn’t mercer I think tony ford signed big roddy and Henry too maybe so that in itself was a decent contribution - but probably not a great manager as you say

5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

first season in the top flight we won our first 5 games including beating rangers and hibs (for the first time at Tynecastle in 10 years) were unbeaten against hibs and qualified for Europe through our league position for the first time in a gazillion years finishing behind teams who were actually challenging in Europe -  that type of very average ?

concentrate a bit more on quality posts - I don’t think it’s possible for anyone with your level on quantity so maybe need to look at that too

It was a great season and, like Robbie’s first in the SPL, anchored by an early run of wins. 

Interestingly, Doddie got promoted as runner up behind St. Johnstone who then got relegated on their first season back. It shows form in your promotion campaign is not a definite indictator of form when you get back in the top league. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye he's that much better that our current manager has loaned out Doyle, and Bobby is third choice 😂😂 give your arse a rest man. 

Guy was destined to fail after Potter left him with crap ☺. 

Potter? 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye he's that much better that our current manager has loaned out Doyle, and Bobby is third choice 😂😂 give your arse a rest man. 

Guy was destined to fail after Potter left him with crap ☺. 

Potter is such Hibs patter

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It was a great season and, like Robbie’s first in the SPL, anchored by an early run of wins. 

Interestingly, Doddie got promoted as runner up behind St. Johnstone who then got relegated on their first season back. It shows form in your promotion campaign is not a definite indictator of form when you get back in the top league. 

yeah I agree one years form not a definite indicator for following years (in life never mind football)

its all personal opinion but I see very little similarities between the two seasons other than the good early start

maybe just me but based on Gary Lockes team which had been decently strengthened I expected hearts to finish 3rd in the first year back given the opposition 

4th would have been acceptable had Motherwell or st Johnstone had one of their 1-10 year or whatever exceptional seasons which they didn’t

39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nothing at all from him, I'd actually totally forgot about him before reading your post :D 

He may just not be someone comfortable doing media stuff very often. Likewise, I believe Budge hired him specifically to take over the day to day issues facing the club rather than formulating long term strategy or anything interesting

Bazzas right boot

This thread is a belter-

We have ground our way to a 13 point lead at the top.... 

And why is grinding out a few results a bad thing.... 

It's OK if Stendal just beats 3rd teir Falkirk as its the result that matters, but not when we do it now under robbie-it's shite, sackable even? 

Beating hibs was bad / expected, not a good thing. 

Berra been found out by Stendel was a good thing. 

Robbie using his players and giving everyone a chance is bad. 

Cl, sorry Potter 😭 and RN have been merged into a fun nickname. 

Potter got 3 wages. 

Budge goes for comfort, yet appointed Savage recently and taken risks with cathro and Stendel in the past. 

It's not about getting behind the current manager, that's not what "it's" about.. Wtf is it about? 

This thread was started on November 20th, about 6 weeks into the season...... It's a ****ing belter. 

Bazzas right boot

This thread is a belter-

We have ground our way to a 13 point lead at the top.... 

And why is grinding out a few results a bad thing.... 

It's OK if Stendal just beats 3rd teir Falkirk as its the result that matters, but not when we do it now under robbie-it's shite, sackable even? 

Beating hibs was bad / expected, not a good thing. 

Berra been found out by Stendel was a good thing. 

Robbie using his players and giving everyone a chance is bad. 

Cl, sorry Potter 😭 and RN have been merged into a fun nickname. 

Potter got 3 wages. 

Budge goes for comfort, yet appointed Savage recently and taken risks with cathro and Stendel in the past. 

It's not about getting behind the current manager, that's not what "it's" about.. Wtf is it about? 

This thread was started on November 20th, about 6 weeks into the season...... It's a ****ing belter. 

14 hours ago, S Form said:

A win against Hibs in a Scottish Cup semi final is a failure? Think I’ve heard it all now.

We failed to win the cup, that was the fail. Do read.

14 hours ago, Sid said:

What he’s saying and it’s feckin obvious. You put Hibs and Celtic in the negative column. not the positive or both. 
this means anything else you say, right or wrong, is worthless. 
either make a balanced argument or just accept your seethe, wherever it’s coming from, is distorting you view and accept being called out for it. 

I was clearly talking about the Scottish Cup as a whole, a Cup we failed to win. So Scottish Cup for 2019/20(finished in 2021) was a failure. I acknowledged the win v Hibs.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If it's not about supporting the current manager and team what is it about then? 

Who's not supporting the manager/team for the 90mins the game is on?

We supported Leveins drivel for 90mins each game yet it was clear for almost all that it was not working.

And luckily Doddie got time after struggling to get promoted and a very average first season in the top flight. 

This place would have been howling for him to be sacked as we scraped promotion iirc at the second try. 

Now I know you’re at it.

We lost out on last day of season in his first full season after failing to take anything of Motherwell twice at home. In retrospect it was probably best thing that happened. We got promotion but lost out on Championship. No biggie. The team who beat us to promotion in his first full season, Killie dropped like a stone.

And if you really knew your stuff, you would remember the 2-0 defeat to Motherwell last game of season when the fans went tonto and Wallace Mercer had to come down onto track to calm down. Probably slightly worse than fans making their feelings known on an Internet forum. 

First full Season in SPL we finished 5th and got to Europe. Unbeaten against Hibs and great results at Parkhead and Ibrox.

You really are at the wind up. 

Edited by merseyjambo

14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

People put themselves in strange shapes to ‘prove a point’. 

People read what they want to ignore the point being made🤣.

Heading - Against

Sub heading - Cup

Content.- acknowledged the good win v Hibs. I even acknowledged the comeback v Celtic, but ultimately giving up 45mins of a final is criminal and hence an argument agsinst imo.

No wonder some fans accept Neilson when the think a Scottish Cup Final defeat a positive.🤣😂

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

People read what they want to ignore the point being made🤣.

Heading - Against

Sub heading - Cup

Content.- acknowledged the good win v Hibs. I even acknowledged the comeback v Celtic, but ultimately giving up 45mins of a final is criminal and hence an argument agsinst imo.

No wonder some fans accept Neilson when the think a Scottish Cup Final defeat a positive.🤣😂

The ‘good win v Hibs’ should have been in the positive section, not hidden in the negative section,  in the interests of fairness. 😄

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The ‘good win v Hibs’ should have been in the positive section, not hidden in the negative section,  in the interests of fairness. 😄

We lost the cup, a competition we beat Hibs on our way, but ultimately lost the cup. I'll never see losing a cup final as anything other than a negative no matter who we beat on our way.

Reviewing individual game performances for the season would not help Robbie either (before folk jump in, I acknowledged we are top of league and will win it, but imo we have not seen nearly enough in those performanced to give us hope for next season. Most on here must see it that way as well due to lack of any argument to say otherwise.)

So I will ask a simple question again with no case for my argument.....

What do fans see in our performances this season that gives them hope for next season?

26 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We failed to win the cup, that was the fail. Do read.

You had the ‘good win against Hibs’ and recognition of a comeback against Celtic in your ‘anti’ section. So you’re pretty clearly twisting logic to paint our current manager in the most negative light you can. And if lack of success in the Scottish Cup is a black mark against a Hearts coach then we’ve had a pretty few failures throughout the years.

And again for clarification in his first full season he played youngsters by the name of Mackay, Robertson and Bowman. One went on to be the club record scorer the other record appearances. 

We didn’t scrape promotion, but a run of 3 or 4 games where we dropped points towards end of season, drawing instead of winning, meant we lost out on the title. Certainly remember a 3-3 draw at home with Dunfermline after being 3 up and a 2-2 with Dumbarton (I think) the week before. Title was lost by 1 or 2 points. Those results cost us.

Again those that know their history would know that 

Edited by merseyjambo

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Disagree on the FOH front. That depends very much on the individual elected to run the club day to day. That individual will need to earn re-election so delivering on the pitch will be key.

On Robbie - there is no long term consideration.

If a manager at our level succeeds then we will lose him to a bigger club, if he fails we will sack him.

99% of the time managers last for about 2/3 seasons.  He was the right appointment for the circumstances we found ourselves in.  The club wanted a manager who could work with what we had and GUARANTEE promotion. Stendel was neither of those things

whilst Robbie isn’t setting the heather on fire it’s not a a disaster. We will achieve our #1 objective with room to spare 

Note: the one exception to this is Derek McInnes. But Aberdeen would have lost him if they hadn’t paid him £800k per annum.. now they can’t afford to pay him off or he’d be gone. I would never advocate hearts paying a manager in excess of £15k per week 

Don’t think there’s any plan for an election for the role of Chief Exec who runs the club day to day. That’s McKinlay at the moment. Only diff after FoH take over is that the chair will become non-exec rather the current exec role(Budge) that we have today. 

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We lost the cup, a competition we beat Hibs on our way, but ultimately lost the cup. I'll never see losing a cup final as anything other than a negative no matter who we beat on our way.

Reviewing individual game performances for the season would not help Robbie either (before folk jump in, I acknowledged we are top of league and will win it, but imo we have not seen nearly enough in those performanced to give us hope for next season. Most on here must see it that way as well due to lack of any argument to say otherwise.)

So I will ask a simple question again with no case for my argument.....

What do fans see in our performances this season that gives them hope for next season?

The football so far under Neilson has been in the majority turgid and boring imo. But the Scottish cup negative is nonsense. He was two penalty kicks from being a SC winning manager. 

I dont hold out much hope for next season under Robbie but I hope I’m wrong. Does he have it in him to really inspire players to give it their all. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Disagree on the FOH front. That depends very much on the individual elected to run the club day to day. That individual will need to earn re-election so delivering on the pitch will be key.

On Robbie - there is no long term consideration.

If a manager at our level succeeds then we will lose him to a bigger club, if he fails we will sack him.

99% of the time managers last for about 2/3 seasons.  He was the right appointment for the circumstances we found ourselves in.  The club wanted a manager who could work with what we had and GUARANTEE promotion. Stendel was neither of those things

whilst Robbie isn’t setting the heather on fire it’s not a a disaster. We will achieve our #1 objective with room to spare 

Note: the one exception to this is Derek McInnes. But Aberdeen would have lost him if they hadn’t paid him £800k per annum.. now they can’t afford to pay him off or he’d be gone. I would never advocate hearts paying a manager in excess of £15k per week 

That’s not happening. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I do think she is more comfortable working with people she knows and trusts. Her general appointments tend to confirm that. 

This is without doubt very true. I understand the new CEO is married to Hearts Lawyer.....

23 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

This is without doubt very true. I understand the new CEO is married to Hearts Lawyer.....

Didn’t know that. A lot of folk in business are like that, in my experience. Sometimes it ms a good thing, and sometimes not. 

34 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The football so far under Neilson has been in the majority turgid and boring imo. But the Scottish cup negative is nonsense. He was two penalty kicks from being a SC winning manager. 

I dont hold out much hope for next season under Robbie but I hope I’m wrong. Does he have it in him to really inspire players to give it their all. 

Aye, 2 penalty kicks away from glory.

If only the eejit had played with a positive mindset for the first 45 minutes the penalties might never have had to take place, therefore irrelevant!   

Edited by Hashimoto

kingantti1874
53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think there’s any plan for an election for the role of Chief Exec who runs the club day to day. That’s McKinlay at the moment. Only diff after FoH take over is that the chair will become non-exec rather the current exec role(Budge) that we have today. 

Understand what you are saying but Mckinlay is an employee like everyone else who will report into the owner FOH. After the transfer if the FOH wants to change manager. We will change manager 

Edited by kingantti1874

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Understand what you are saying but Mckinlay is an employee like everyone else who will report into the owner FOH. After the transfer if the FOH elected representative wants to change manager. We will change manager 

yes, I think its just a matter of calling a EGM to pass it by share holding. edit. If the rest of the board vote against a change.

Edited by sandylejambo

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Understand what you are saying but Mckinlay is an employee like everyone else who will report into the owner FOH. After the transfer if the FOH wants to change manager. We will change manager 

Sorry, don't want to disagree, and probably for another thread!

But are you sure FOH after the handover will have the power/authority to sack a manager/employee? 

It's this argument about fan owned, or run thing. I thought even after the handover Budge or whoever would retain executive powers....

It gets a bit confusing for me, and I apologise for raising the matter on this Neilson thread.   

2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

yes, I think its just a matter of calling a EGM to pass it by share holding. edit. If the rest of the board vote against a change.

You would need to call an EGM of FoH and get it passed then likely call an EGM of the club. Would take months assuming you got enough votes to pass it.  

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The Falkirk game was played in horrendous conditions - high winds and torrential rain. Can you not remember the BBC coverage of the game being nothing more than drops of water splashing off the camera lens?

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, kila said:

The Falkirk game was played in horrendous conditions - high winds and torrential rain. Can you not remember the BBC coverage of the game being nothing more than drops of water splashing off the camera lens?

Same for both sides blah, blah, blah (or does that only apply when Robbie is manager)

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Sorry, don't want to disagree, and probably for another thread!

But are you sure FOH after the handover will have the power/authority to sack a manager/employee? 

It's this argument about fan owned, or run thing. I thought even after the handover Budge or whoever would retain executive powers....

It gets a bit confusing for me, and I apologise for raising the matter on this Neilson thread.   

There will be mechanics in place as another poster has pointed out.

But put simply, FOH will be the major shareholder..if the major shareholder wants to change the chief exec, change the manager, sign a player.. it can and will happen.. 

We are no different to any other club in this regard.  There is no disagreement to be had mate.

what I expect won’t happen in fans having a “direct” say in the matter. E.g there won’t be a Neilson in or out poll 😆 but I would expect that they will be paying attention to fan sentiment very closely

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, S Form said:

And if lack of success in the Scottish Cup is a black mark against a Hearts coach then we’ve had a pretty few failures throughout the years.

Correct.

Beating Hibs is great, Winning Cups or top league.....even better.

Jambo in Bathgate
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

You wouldn’t want or expect a CEO to be in the press every day. I suspect he is doing what is paid to do which is the day to day running of the business

That’s what I would want in a CEO. Working away in the background. 

Jambo in Bathgate
28 minutes ago, kila said:

Yes but so have a number of games in this season been played in poor conditions. Falkirk played balls over the top that game to defeat Stendal’s game plan. If I remember Clare was the only player for Hearts who looked interested. 

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Totally disagree with that,if that is true,something that is not recommended in business,can become a conflict of interest.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Totally disagree with that,if that is true,something that is not recommended in business,can become a conflict of interest.

He’ll be getting a building contract for Tynecastle next

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Didn’t know that. A lot of folk in business are like that, in my experience. Sometimes it ms a good thing, and sometimes not. 

No doubt it works for some people but the question I’d always ask is - what’s the chances that the best candidate for the job happens to be someone you know? 

Should the title of this thread be changed too:

'official I know he won't be sacked, I'll judge him next year, I hate him regardless, we'll win the league but Neilson in out shake it all about'

ps. Anyone using that Potter patter should cop an instant ban.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )