Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

38 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I think that there seems to be a generational disconnect in expectations between fans that hit adulthood post 98 and the guys who were kicking about when we were truly shite in the 70’s and 80’s. The guys that waited 40 years or so to see us win a major trophy. 

I’m in my early 30’s, I’ve came to expect Hearts to be challenging for Scottish cups every couple of years and more often than not finish 3rd. I also spent a significant proportion of my adult Hearts supporting life during the early Romanov years in which we had some truly fantastic players and at times played spectacular football.

From mine and many of my peers prospective Hearts being relegated or finishing in the bottom few places of the league is a seismic event. To us it just should never happen. 

Rightly or wrongly we expect Hearts to be best of the rest. We also have far more leisure time options than guys did 30 or 40 years ago. Following Hearts is not cheap, my season ticket is twice as expensive as it is for a season ticket to watch Bayern Munich. Younger fans generally don’t feel that Hearts offer value for money when we watch the dross on offer in recent years.

Perhaps we are spoilt and our expectations are unreasonable. However there is only so long the club can continue to rely on good will from fans. The culture has changed dramatically since guys went to the football for 10 pints, to get piss over their shoes on the terraces and a good fight in Airdrie.

Rightly or wrongly younger fans expect more than has been on offer from Hearts since we got promoted out of the championship. 

As an old fart, I don’t necessarily agree with this. Because we were institutionally shite - really shite - throughout the 1970s, we were never going to achieve anything. Since then we have gone through periods where we have been incredibly close to getting it right (league) and have actually got it right (Cup).

But there have also been periods of immense frustration because of missed and wasted opportunities. They’re what really hurts. I think we’re in the middle of one right now. A long one. Unprecedented support, both emotional and financial, since we nearly went under. Something resembling stability off the park. And yet we’re playing second tier football after years of complacency and under-performance.

I think our ongoing mediocrity actually angers me more than it does the younger supporters. At least you have time on your side.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celebrating his team scoring.... 

What a dick Robbie is... 

Ffs.. Can't even celebrate goals now, that is bad. 

Folk are either at the wind  up or bat shit mental. 

Aye of course they are 🙄

8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Quoting Ryan Stevenson as some sort of Legendary seer with unparalleled knowledge and fortitude......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The same Ryan Stevenson who thought QOTS penalty was justified.

Deary me. 

Some on here were preaching if you don’t think it was a penalty you don’t understand football 🤣🤣🤣

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

One look at the teams in this league 👍

Away from home nah don't see it. 

You tell me what attacking manager celebrates a draw, during a play off final, with the team he's playing against having a man sent off. 

Only for his team to not get promoted. 

The same could be said about the teams that the OF are playing (in terms of budget)

Not sure what relevance your reference to a team in the play off has as under Robbie we were never close to having to take part in the play off 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How do you celebrate an equaliser differently from celebrating a winner?

Maybe it's just me that didn't celebrate against scoring a pretty much undeserved equaliser against a championship team sitting 2nd bottom of the league after an eye bleeding performance. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Some on here were preaching if you don’t think it was a penalty you don’t understand football 🤣🤣🤣

From what i saw, their player stuck his leg out to his left and Kingsley pretty-much tripped over it and in turn their player lost his balance. That was never a penalty. In fact, when the ref blew the whistle i thought it was for a free kick to us! Surely him or the linesman must've saw their player trip Kingsley up!? 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Maybe it's just me that didn't celebrate against scoring a pretty much undeserved equaliser against a championship team sitting 2nd bottom of the league after an eye bleeding performance. 

Yes your one of the good guys ☺ you see it for what it is yes, guess who I learned that from Robbie 😂😂

William H. Bonney
31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I did as well, I have to admit. I had been drinking though. 🧐

a prerequisite for following hearts these days. 

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

One look at the teams in this league 👍

Away from home nah don't see it. 

You tell me what attacking manager celebrates a draw, during a play off final, with the team he's playing against having a man sent off. 

Only for his team to not get promoted. 

The same could be said about the teams that the OF are playing (in terms of budget)

Not sure what relevance your reference to a team in the play off has as under Robbie we were never close to having to take part in the play off 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

When we got the penalty my reaction was "oh, whoopeedoo!" purely because we had barely tested their keeper the whole night. Even Boyce knew it wasn't good enough by his reaction.

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Your making a comparison that we are highest goalscorers outwith old firm, put us in same league as them with Robbie as manager, and you will see my point 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

From what i saw, their player stuck his leg out to his left and Kingsley pretty-much tripped over it and in turn their player lost his balance. That was never a penalty. In fact, when the ref blew the whistle i thought it was for a free kick to us! Surely him or the linesman must've saw their player trip Kingsley up!? 

:spoton:

21 minutes ago, leginten said:

As an old fart, I don’t necessarily agree with this. Because we were institutionally shite - really shite - throughout the 1970s, we were never going to achieve anything. Since then we have gone through periods where we have been incredibly close to getting it right (league) and have actually got it right (Cup).

But there have also been periods of immense frustration because of missed and wasted opportunities. They’re what really hurts. I think we’re in the middle of one right now. A long one. Unprecedented support, both emotional and financial, since we nearly went under. Something resembling stability off the park. And yet we’re playing second tier football after years of complacency and under-performance.

I think our ongoing mediocrity actually angers me more than it does the younger supporters. At least you have time on your side.

The vulnerability of the club has created the situation.  Wrong decision makers on the footballing side  - an owner (who arrived through fate) who by own admission isn't strong on this side. An individual brought in that was already a yesterdays man who knew the club but that's not always a major plus. Too much is made of 'rebuilding  the club' esp when it has the profile it has. It's taken 6 years to appoint a proper Sporting Director. You can only conclude with the turnover of players that both recruitment and coaching has been sub standard since we returned to the top league in 2015/16. Hence where we are, buying every winger available and not knowing how a winger functions.

Edited by Riccarton3

The Treasurer
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Your making a comparison that we are highest scores outwith old firm, put us in same league as them with Robbie as manager, and you will see my point 👍

If we had the same budget in the Premier league then that would be a fair comparison,but that isn't the case. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your making a comparison that we are highest goalscorers outwith old firm, put us in same league as them with Robbie as manager, and you will see my point 👍

Hopefully that’s what happens next season, apart from you seeing your point of course. 

31 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What's your thoughts on it mate, don't you think we could get better? And don't we deserve better?

We certainly deserve better and have been massively let down over the past 5 years. Levein for me has totally sucked the soul out of our club. Seemed a bit strange to appoint Neilson again after him being the puppet for Leveins pupet show the last time. He seems to have gotten rid of most of the dross and replaced it with slightly better ones. I can see the point that he's trying to build his own team and it is a transitional period but the players should be producing much more than they should, whether that's down to the players or coaches is up for debate. Do I have confidence that Neilson is the best person to take us up a level I'm really not sure. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, Stendals decision to drop Berra was great- the results improved and we climbed the table.

We never dropped down a place and ended up in the automatic relegation position. 

Still 8 games left, & unfortunately we’ll never know for sure where we were going to finish, County were in free fall. 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

If we had the same budget in the Premier league then that would be a fair comparison,but that isn't the case. 

So being highest goalscorers outwith old firm, in the Scottish Championship is that really an achievement? Not really ☺. 

10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We should have played better but the equaliser was deserved. I don’t really think their penalty was a penalty and doubt they would’ve scored otherwise.

Just now, GinRummy said:

We should have played better but the equaliser was deserved. I don’t really think their penalty was a penalty and doubt they would’ve scored otherwise.

It doesn't matter if it was a penalty or not a team of our size and quality should be blowing teams like QoS away. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

It doesn't matter if it was a penalty or not a team of our size and quality should be blowing teams like QoS away. 

I’ve already said we should have played better. We still didn’t deserve to be 1 down so by my logic we deserved the equaliser. 

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We certainly deserve better and have been massively let down over the past 5 years. Levein for me has totally sucked the soul out of our club. Seemed a bit strange to appoint Neilson again after him being the puppet for Leveins pupet show the last time. He seems to have gotten rid of most of the dross and replaced it with slightly better ones. I can see the point that he's trying to build his own team and it is a transitional period but the players should be producing much more than they should, whether that's down to the players or coaches is up for debate. Do I have confidence that Neilson is the best person to take us up a level I'm really not sure. 

There is definitely grumbling that remains under the surface for a lot of supporters. I know you should move on but the thought of the money and more importantly opportunities wasted is anger inducing. I honestly can’t see Robbie being successful but I hope to **** he is. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, sac said:

Still 8 games left, & unfortunately we’ll never know for sure where we were going to finish, County were in free fall. 

Ah but you see, the eight games left is only a legitimate excuse if you’re an apologist for Budge.

But not if you’re defending Stendel.

That’s how it works for the fanboys.

Let’s get it right, Berra is a donkey. Stendel was right to bin him.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ah but you see, the eight games left is only a legitimate excuse if you’re an apologist for Budge.

But not if you’re defending Stendel.

That’s how it works for the fanboys.

Let’s get it right, Berra is a donkey. Stendel was right to bin him.

👍

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, sac said:

We will never know, unfortunately. 

But the fact still stands he taken us from 11th to 12th and his decisions led us there. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think we'd be winning most hone games and having watched hibs, Aberdeen and Utd we could easily be around them. 

Also, Robbie has a track record with us for doing just that with us. 

Cannae see it. We've played well about 3 times this season. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If only @Bongo 1874could admit that Stendel made an horrendous error in playing the high defensive line and not making us hard to beat. And if @Smith's right bootis honest under Robbie we are turgid to watch we could all get on with our lives. 🙏😂

I don't think we are turgid to watch, or no more turgid than other teams I've seen this season. 

Well top of the league , lots of goals scored and too many conceded. 

Mixed with a poor lc and exciting (too much imo) Scottish cup games. 

Not seeing turgid at all Tbh 

Always room for improvement tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruyff said:

Cannae see it. We've played well about 3 times this season. 

Time will tell. 

Either we'll be shite and Robbie will be sacked as per the last 3 managers and we'll get another rebuild 

Or

He'll get in about the top of the league like he did last time and be back in about where we should be. 

Either way, right now we're top going forwards and I'll get behind him and the team and cannae wait to get back to Tynecastle. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

If only @Bongo 1874could admit that Stendel made an horrendous error in playing the high defensive line and not making us hard to beat. And if @Smith's right bootis honest under Robbie we are turgid to watch we could all get on with our lives. 🙏😂

With Stendel you have a majority of fans at Hannover and Barnsley that adore him, couldn't speak any higher about him. 

Robbie on the other hand at us well 🤔

I seen what Stendel was trying to achieve at us. 

I also seen Robbie when it came down to it, shit his pants first half against celtic. 

Only to then go all out in the second half wtf 🤔

Robbie has been backed massively the players he has should be destroying these teams, look at the experience in that team yet it's taking us to get a penalty, in the dying embers of a game to get a draw with Queen of the South. 

Sorry but kastaneer rank does he know how to beat the first man?.

You say make us hard to beat? But didn't Levein try that?, how did that work out?. 

Didn't Robbie try and make us hard to beat in the final against celtic? How did that work out?. 

With Stendel you have a majority of fans at Hannover and Barnsley that adore him, couldn't speak any higher about him. 

I also seen Robbie when it came down to it, shit his pants first half against celtic. 

Robbie has been backed massively the players he has should be destroying these teams, look at the experience in that team yet it's taking us to get a penalty, in the dying embers of a game to get a draw with Queen of the South. 

You say make us hard to beat? But didn't Levein try that?, how did that work out?. 

Didn't Robbie try and make us hard to beat in the final against celtic? How did that work out?. 

You have just written Kastaneer off as rank after 81 mins of football despite the fact the guy hadn’t played for two months before joining us. Clearly not giving new signings a chance. He might well turn out to be rank but at least give him a chance. What sort of person writes someone else off after 81 mins? 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time will tell. 

Either we'll be shite and Robbie will be sacked as per the last 3 managers and we'll get another rebuild 

Or

He'll get in about the top of the league like he did last time and be back in about where we should be. 

Either way, right now we're top going forwards and I'll get behind him and the team and cannae wait to get back to Tynecastle. 

I think he should get the summer and the first part of next season. That'll be the litmus test.

We need a 4 quality signings in the summer, CB, two CM and another Winger/Inside Forward. Then we might be able to compete at the top end of the SPL.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You have just written Kastaneer off as rank after 81 mins of football despite the fact the guy hadn’t played for two months before joining us. Clearly not giving new signings a chance. He might well turn out to be rank but at least give him a chance. What sort of person writes someone else off after 81 mins? 

How long had that Jones been with Queen of the South?. 

Players know from the first training session / game if a player has what it takes. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, Cruyff said:

I think he should get the summer and the first part of next season. That'll be the litmus test.

We need a 4 quality signings in the summer, CB, two CM and another Winger/Inside Forward. Then we might be able to compete at the top end of the SPL.

Fair. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The people I know that are 96 fans certainly don’t rave about Stendel. 

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So being highest goalscorers outwith old firm, in the Scottish Championship is that really an achievement? Not really ☺. 

Highest scorers in the country outside the OF, despite playing half as many games. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Need a hell of a lot more than 4.A whole new midfield is needed. Couple of forwards, 2/3 new center backs..thats just to start. 

Players know from the first training session / game if a player has what it takes. 

So you regularly train with the first team do you? 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

C’mon bongo. That’s not relevant. Players can take more than 80 minutes to show themselves in a side or they can have an instant impact. Doesn’t say much for the players prospects, even in the short term. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Answer the question ffs 😂 Irrelevant what they did elsewhere, he didn’t do a great job for us.

yoi talk about kastaneer, what about Donis and Langer? 2 of the worst I’ve ever seen. 

On 20/11/2020 at 21:59, best in the land said:

Wrong appointment for me would far have preferred Stendal to stay. 

Frear, Halliday, Roberts and popescu are terrible signings. 

Not signing a goalscorer another big mistake. 

We are guff to many mercenaries that team would get relegated from the premiership no plan

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Answer the question ffs 😂 Irrelevant what they did elsewhere, he didn’t do a great job for us.

yoi talk about kastaneer, what about Donis and Langer? 2 of the worst I’ve ever seen. 

Did Stendel not admit he didn’t know anything about signing players?

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )