• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Need a hell of a lot more than 4.A whole new midfield is needed. Couple of forwards, 2/3 new center backs..thats just to start. 

2 CM is a whole new midfield. We've got Haring, Halliday, Irving and McEneff at the moment. 

A couple of Centerhalfs depends on Souttars fitness but we need one top notch Centerhalf min. 

I'd probably agree that we need a couple of inside forwards, don't think we need a Center forward, Boyce is quality, Gnanduillet might prove to be decent. 

40 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The vulnerability of the club has created the situation.  Wrong decision makers on the footballing side  - an owner (who arrived through fate) who by own admission isn't strong on this side. An individual brought in that was already a yesterdays man who knew the club but that's not always a major plus. Too much is made of 'rebuilding  the club' esp when it has the profile it has. It's taken 6 years to appoint a proper Sporting Director. You can only conclude with the turnover of players that both recruitment and coaching has been sub standard since we returned to the top league in 2015/16. Hence where we are, buying every winger available and not knowing how a winger functions.

Your last sentence sums things up pretty well. They can't all be bad, or they are and we are continuing to sign poor quality on a grand scale. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The people I know that are 96 fans certainly don’t rave about Stendel. 

Daniel Stendel du bist der beste Mann ❤️ that's what they are singing? Do you know what that translates too?. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just watching Man U struggling like **** to break down struggling West Brom. 

Do you honestly think that’s relevant? For the last 3 games we’ve created next to nothing. Needed two pens to gain points from two really poor sides and our manager has stuck to a formation that, by his own admission, isn’t the best for our players. What is he waiting on? The next defeat against shite? We can see the issues, I don’t beive for a second `robbie can’t, so how about being the slightest bit proactive in his approach.  

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did Stendel not admit he didn’t know anything about signing players?

he did. 

this is why folk say bongo is all over the place. 

some of his points may hold water then he goes and undermines by defending a manager who we all liked. But who was a total failure. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

2 CM is a whole new midfield. We've got Haring, Halliday, Irving and McEneff at the moment. 

A couple of Centerhalfs depends on Souttars fitness but we need one top notch Centerhalf min. 

I'd probably agree that we need a couple of inside forwards, don't think we need a Center forward, Boyce is quality, Gnanduillet might prove to be decent. 

IMO Halliday, Haring and Irving can go. We have let Wighton go and Naismith is done therfore another 2 needed. Along with hopefully Damour, white, Zlamal, Frear, popescu and berra a massive rebuild is needed...not Robbie's fault but his mentors. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

he did. 

this is why folk say bongo is all over the place. 

some of his points may hold water then he goes and undermines by defending a manager who we all liked. But who was a total failure. 

No Stendel has always been used to having transfers done by a committee or club personal, so coming into us and having to do it was a new experience to him, which really just shows how bad the club was being run. 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No idea when that was filmed or what the occasion was but I can only go on the ones I’ve spoken with. I have German friends in Hannover. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Do you honestly think that’s relevant? For the last 3 games we’ve created next to nothing. Needed two pens to gain points from two really poor sides and our manager has stuck to a formation that, by his own admission, isn’t the best for our players. What is he waiting on? The next defeat against shite? We can see the issues, I don’t beive for a second `robbie can’t, so how about being the slightest bit proactive in his approach.  

It is. We are slaughtering Robbie for failing to look good.point being - teams who sit deep are hard to break down. It will never look pretty.

im not defending Robbie as per earlier posts, he’s made plenty of mistakes but the reaction is well over the top

Just now, davemclaren said:

No idea when that was filmed or what the occasion was but I can only go on the ones I’ve spoken with. I have German friends in Hannover. 

That's Stendel as manager mate, for anyone wondering what they are singing. 

Daniel Stendel you are the best man ❤️

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

No Stendel has always been used to having transfers done by a committee or club personal, so coming into us and having to do it was a new experience to him, which really just shows how bad the club was being run. 

It also shows he’d be better getting a job where transfers in weren’t his responsibility. That Langer boy was utter pish. Worse than Frear or Roberts. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It is. We are slaughtering Robbie for failing to look good.point being - teams who sit deep are hard to break down. It will never look pretty.

im not defending Robbie as per earlier posts, he’s made plenty of mistakes but the reaction is well over the top

Sorry, not read the thread through so not seen your earlier posts.  I do agree the reaction is OTT but I am getting a bit frustrated with some of his decisions. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

As he was leaving or after a good result? 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

IMO Halliday, Haring and Irving can go. We have let Wighton go and Naismith is done therfore another 2 needed. Along with hopefully Damour, white, Zlamal, Frear, popescu and berra a massive rebuild is needed...not Robbie's fault but his mentors. 

Aye but we can't afford to sign 16 top notch players. We need squad players as well.

Just now, Bryan anderson said:

Man Utd are not struggling every week against steam of part timers

Ayr and QoS are not part time. Only Arbroath and Alloa are part time in our division. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Bryan anderson said:

No shit Sherlock 

Given the poster highlighted QOS aren’t West Brom it’s a perfectly valid statement.

the teams involved misses the point entirely.

hearts are a team full of average, old, slow players at the back end of their careers.

off the back of winning 4 games in a whole season.

it’s not fixed overnight- by ANY manager

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye but we can't afford to sign 16 top notch players. We need squad players as well.

No, but we do need to sign better than we get rid off. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry, not read the thread through so not seen your earlier posts.  I do agree the reaction is OTT but I am getting a bit frustrated with some of his decisions. 

same. Frustration is entirely justified.

some of the hysterics from other posters is pretty embarrassing though.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It also shows he’d be better getting a job where transfers in weren’t his responsibility. That Langer boy was utter pish. Worse than Frear or Roberts. 

Considering he was the one who recommended Sibbick to Barnsley 🙈

3 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

is that Neilson still here?

No it’s the other one that’s here now. I’ll wake you up when Antiques Roadshow starts 👌

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Considering he was the one who recommended Sibbick to Barnsley 🙈

Now that’s a player I would love back. Energy, strength and drive. Just what our midfield is missing. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Given the poster highlighted QOS aren’t West Brom it’s a perfectly valid statement.

the teams involved misses the point entirely.

hearts are a team full of average, old, slow players at the back end of their careers.

off the back of winning 4 games in a whole season.

it’s not fixed overnight- by ANY manager

Cannot be fixed if manager caused it

1 hour ago, leginten said:

As an old fart, I don’t necessarily agree with this. Because we were institutionally shite - really shite - throughout the 1970s, we were never going to achieve anything. Since then we have gone through periods where we have been incredibly close to getting it right (league) and have actually got it right (Cup).

But there have also been periods of immense frustration because of missed and wasted opportunities. They’re what really hurts. I think we’re in the middle of one right now. A long one. Unprecedented support, both emotional and financial, since we nearly went under. Something resembling stability off the park. And yet we’re playing second tier football after years of complacency and under-performance.

I think our ongoing mediocrity actually angers me more than it does the younger supporters. At least you have time on your side.

Good Post 👍

Have to say after having to watch the games on TV in the comfort of my own home. I don't think I'll be wanting to travel to away games on freezing cold nights like Friday. 

We are pissed off with the boring performances at the moment, how much worse would it be if we had travelled on freezing cold nights to sit frozen to our seats watching, not very much happening. 

There is a danger that fans might not just fall back into old habits and might settle for the couch instead. 

Hearts will always get my ST money but some people may decide to find other uses for their cash. 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Maybe my standards for a Heart of midlothian team are higher than they should be. 

If your standards have you expecting that a hearts manager shouldn't celebrate an equaliser then I'd say yes, your standards are the problem

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Bryan anderson said:

Cannot be fixed if manager caused it

what are you talking about. We’ve been dogshit since he left, embarrassment after embarrassment.

he didn’t “cause” anything. 

William H. Bonney
47 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If only @Bongo 1874could admit that Stendel made an horrendous error in playing the high defensive line and not making us hard to beat. And if @Smith's right bootis honest under Robbie we are turgid to watch we could all get on with our lives. 🙏😂

That’ll be a no then. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

If your standards have you expecting that a hearts manager shouldn't celebrate an equaliser then I'd say yes, your standards are the problem

I'd rather our hearts manager would grow a pair and instead of blaming refereeing decisions and pitches for our performances and results that as head coach he is ultimately responsible for and come out and put his hands up...doesn't engage him with our fans talking pish. 

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Daniel, warum spielst du der Torwart Pereira?  ❤

33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just watching Man U struggling like **** to break down struggling West Brom. 

Much, much bigger budget, better players. Surely Man U have to steamroller WBA?   Is that how it goes? 

57 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If only @Bongo 1874could admit that Stendel made an horrendous error in playing the high defensive line and not making us hard to beat. And if @Smith's right bootis honest under Robbie we are turgid to watch we could all get on with our lives. 🙏😂

😄

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Much, much bigger budget, better players. Surely Man U have to steamroller WBA?   Is that how it goes? 

it is. And we scan never expect to take points from the old firm ever again 🙄

again, this doesn’t mean Robbie is exempt from criticism. 

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Grinding out results, 13 Clear, check our goal difference. 

Nonesense. 

13 clear because we're grinding out results, like I said. Well done for being able to grasp the concept of what people mean when they say they're grinding out results. Of course, we'll pretend that Raith have two games in hand ;) 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I did as well, I have to admit. I had been drinking though. 🧐

I hope your not insinuating Oor Robbie was on the lash, too.

45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No but i know players that do 👍

So do I. They haven’t done much outside training at all since McEneff and Kastaneer arrived. I presume the players are just making assumptions about him as well based on very little evidence? 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think he should get the summer and the first part of next season. That'll be the litmus test.

We need a 4 quality signings in the summer, CB, two CM and another Winger/Inside Forward. Then we might be able to compete at the top end of the SPL.

Agreed. I think that is exactly what we need.

On promotion and hopefully with no covid issues our pulling power will be a bit better than it is currently, especially to foreign players.

Robbie got us to third last time and had us in 2 years plus of continuous improvement- it was slow and steady and  we don't have the financial constraints of the new stand either this time.

Great opportunity for Robbie to take us forward, killie and Motherwell have regressed, Aberdeen have been in slow decline for maybe 2 seasons now, hibs are just shite, Livi are this seasons Motherwell or in the past killie/ st johnstone.

Get out of this shitty division and move forward. 

39 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Suspect it’s all in hand for this summer. Just need to to hire a Sporting Director to make it all happen. Oh wait, he has been in the job for all of six weeks. 

So do I. They haven’t done muchy outside training at all since McEneff and Kastaneer arrived. I presume the players are just making assumptions about him as well based on very little evidence? 

Yes that's because they been training inside 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

You'll never get the chief cheerleader to admit anything negative about Hearts. Doesn't matter what concerns anyone might have, he's right and that's that. His behaviour when people were clamouring for Levein to be removed proves that. 

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Avdidjaj was worse than all three of them. 

Avdidjaj was worse than all three of them. 

Your saying i can't judge Kastaneer yet your judging Avdijaj 😂😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

is that Neilson still here?

Unfortunately Craig Neilson/Robbie Levein is still here.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )