Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

41 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Top by 13 points i take it teams don't have games in hand?. 

How shite of a manager do you have to be, to be beaten by Raith, even laptop could get the job done against them 🙈

You're right Bingo, Raith can get within 7, Dumfy I think 9, Dundee 8? 

Add a point for goal difference. Unlikely to be bettered. Hope springs eternal. I've been there, in different circumstances. That was futile as well.

Edited by Riccarton3

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Even Mo got longer. 73 mins at Dens and then 90 in a friendly to prove he was indeed kack. Felt sorry for him though because he had to wear that yellow jersey. Only lasted 42 days at the club. That could be a record for permanent signings. Andy Thorne has the shortest loan deal record I think. 

Andy Thorne was emergency loan,  but class act, hard as f...k but could play.....

Neilsons problem is the Levein factor, the merest hint of any performance reminiscent of Leveins team and we get all uptight and lets be honest in more than one game we have been exactly like Levein is still the manager, we had to put up with this shit long enough, we're no prepared to do it again. Neilson either gets us playing with a bit effort or for me at least he can GTF

2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Andy Thorne was emergency loan,  but class act, hard as f...k but could play.....

The Weeg were greetin after that one. Eh, eh, eh, A player brought in for one match...😥

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

People who think Raith Rovers will catch us 😁 Man up everyone FFS. We're still doing better than Rangers were after 16 games on the way to the title in 15/16 and better than Hibs were doing after 16 in 16/17.

The only person who has bettered Robbie Neilson's record so far in the Championship this season is Robbie Neilson in 14/15.

And Hibs and Rangers didn't have to also contend with a pandemic, players and their families in lockdown and worried about loved ones, and no fans having a dramatic levelling affect, as we've seen quite a few times in many different leagues. There have been all sorts of odd results and weird performances over the last year. No-one outwith the elite of Europe are playing scintillating, consistently good football.

Let me make this clear Raith won't catch us, but to be beaten by a pub side and be 3-0down on your own turf, cmon man 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Neilsons problem is the Levein factor, the merest hint of any performance reminiscent of Leveins team and we get all uptight and lets be honest in more than one game we have been exactly like Levein is still the manager, we had to put up with this shit long enough, we're no prepared to do it again. Neilson either gets us playing with a bit effort or for me at least he can GTF

"We"? Speak for yourself. That's not Neilson's problem. It's your and their problem.

We're currently experiencing what Celtic and Rangers have faced for decades - teams raising their games against us and preventing us from playing, and occasionally putting in a momentous effort to win the game. We're also doing what the OF do though and are grinding out results, with a healthy sprinkling of gubbings thrown in. Just like it's a shock when we get beat or even draw in this league, it's a shock when it happens to the OF - but it still usually happens multiple times every season no matter who their manager is.

When the better weather returns we'll see a difference. If there were fans at games we'd be even more out of sight.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let me make this clear Raith won't catch us, but to be beaten by a pub side and be 3-0down on your own turf, cmon man 

Raith are a decent side this year, managed by a very experienced coach.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The Weeg were greetin after that one. Eh, eh, eh, A player brought in for one match...😥

He played against Motherwell on the Saturday following the win against the tics,  after taking out grant and di canio in the one tackle🤣🤣🤣🤣🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏👏👏👌

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Raith are a decent side this year, managed by a very experienced coach.

Yeah funny we won the next couple of games, when Berra wasn't in the team. 

It's amazing what can happen when you pick the team on merit, and not an old friends act. 

Please stop making excuses Raith are toilets. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This. I remember magic Jonson scoring a hatrick at Ibrox - very few of us were there. 3 goals meant something then - especially away. Weve lost 3 goals to Ayr Dundee and Raith. Yes a work in progress but not good enough

Guest ToqueJambo

Yeah funny we won the next couple of games, when Berra wasn't in the team. 

It's amazing what can happen when you pick the team on merit, and not and old friends act. 

Please stop making excuses Raith are toilets. 

👍 🤣

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

He played against Motherwell on the Saturday following the win against the tics,  after taking out grant and di canio in the one tackle🤣🤣🤣🤣🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏👏👏👌

Watched that cup the in the Station Tavern. Mixed crowd. A Hearts fan, might have been Bongo, who knows, leant over and offered their hand to a Celtic fan. Reluctantly accepted like he had been handed a turd in a newspaper. Spewing.

5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Watched that cup the in the Station Tavern. Mixed crowd. A Hearts fan, might have been Bongo, who knows, leant over and offered their hand to a Celtic fan. Reluctantly accepted like he had been handed a turd in a newspaper. Spewing.

Okay weird🤔

Voice of reason

I hope this thread is still on the first page in 5 years as it will mean Robbie’s been a success here again and it will be funny seeing it at over 1,000 pages! 

Arguements for Robbie staying for next season and against based on what we have witnessed this season.

For.

We are top and going to get promoted.

Any other arguments here?

Against.

Our performances, in this league, with the advantage of time, budget, players, facilities, support we have over all our opposition have in the main, win lose or draw, not been good enough. We should imo be able to turn in more impressive performances and still be well clear in the league.

He struggles badly to get a consistent 45 mins out of this squad, never mind 2 games in a row.

He worries too much about the opposition instead of playing to our strengths.

His signings have been a bit of a hit and miss with more emphasis on miss. Bringing in 3 wingers in the summer and ignoring what they have to aim at was a mistake imo.

He has constantly struggled badly to get a midfield that works.

Our defence, with the players available have leaked soft goals far too many times and considering the opposition we play Craig Gordon has been called upon far too many times. Yes we have scored many goals but in saying that, MacDonald aside I can't remember an opposition goalie being over worked in games.

We really struggle to start games on front foot and keep it going, we get by by reacting and having a decent 15min spell when our better squad makes a difference.

Cups....yes we took care of Hibs and took Celtic as close as you could get, but we gave up 45 mins in these games, especially the final, due to Robbie fear of the opposition.  

Less said about the league Cup the better.

Imo Robbie is not getting the best out of what has been available to him (it is his job to get the best out of that and even Robbie would say he is failing there) if and moving up a level does not bode well.

Far far too many times we look as though we are playing with the handbrake on and only seem to turn it on in a reactive mode.

He also seems very happy to blame referees/pitches and taking no responsibility.

We are going up a level (granted the SPL ain't that big a leap), but we can't keep looking to get by by the bare minimum. We can and must look to do better.

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Arguements for Robbie staying for next season and against based on what we have witnessed this season.

For.

Against.

Our performances, in this league, with the advantage of time, budget, players, facilities, support we have over all our opposition have in the main, win lose or draw, not been good enough. We should imo be able to turn in more impressive performances and still be well clear in the league.

He struggles badly to get a consistent 45 mins out of this squad, never mind 2 games in a row.

His signings have been a bit of a hit and miss with more emphasis on miss. Bringing in 3 wingers in the summer and ignoring what they have to aim at was a mistake imo.

Our defence, with the players available have leaked soft goals far too many times and considering the opposition we play Craig Gordon has been called upon far too many times. Yes we have scored many goals but in saying that, MacDonald aside I can't remember an opposition goalie being over worked in games.

We really struggle to start games on front foot and keep it going, we get by by reacting and having a decent 15min spell when our better squad makes a difference.

Cups....yes we took care of Hibs and took Celtic as close as you could get, but we gave up 45 mins in these games, especially the final, due to Robbie fear of the opposition.  

Imo Robbie is not getting the best out of what has been available to him (it is his job to get the best out of that and even Robbie would say he is failing there) if and moving up a level does not bode well.

Far far too many times we look as though we are playing with the handbrake on and only seem to turn it on in a reactive mode.

He also seems very happy to blame referees/pitches and taking no responsibility.

We are going up a level (granted the SPL ain't that big a leap), but we can't keep looking to get by by the bare minimum. We can and must look to do better.

I think we know what side of the fence you're on :)

Maybe start by fleshing out your "For" points the way you did with the Against. Otherwise, why not just say "Shite performances" instead of that long post? It's hardly a balanced argument otherwise but obviously you think he should go.

Personally being top and going to get promoted trump everything else right now! It's his job to do what he's doing during a very weird season - the transition season to end all transition seasons basically.

As for next season, he did prove he could get us competing at the right end of the league last time so here's no reason to expect he couldn't do it again, this time without Levein "pulling the strings" which was the accusation against him last time. Track record wise, Neilson did better in the season or two after promotion than both Hibs and D Utd.

I can't be arsed highlighting again the good points that have helped us go top from the word go and compete well against Hibs and Celtic. Maybe someone else has the energy? Here's a start though:

Changing a losing team to a winning team

Solving problem positions like goalie and LB (and winger initially with Ginnelly), and hopefully attacking midfield as McEnoff looks very promising

Getting us scoring from all over the park, which he did last time for us

Personally, I think the players look much more affected by what is going on that is getting talked about. They're living this pandemic nightmare the same as the rest of us. Whose performances haven't declined at heir work? Without fans (and our opponents are much more used to playing in front of empty grounds than we are), some players might be finding it very difficult to push for another goal etc. Who knows but it's worthy of some thought maybe instead of moaning about every performance - even wins - when no teams are playing good football from what I've seen? Everyone seems to be going through the motions at times, with peaks and troughs just like we've had.

Edited by ToqueJambo

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

For.

Against.

Only a Hearts supporter contorted by hatred of Robbie Neilson could class a win against Hibs in a Scottish Cup semi final as a negative.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Haha this is a laugh.

No fans and lockdown affecting players (we keep hearing about the mental health toll - are players and managers not included there?), bad pitches, teams parking the bus or treating it like a cup final. None of these matter do they? Context completely irrelevant is it?

Even not taking into account the above, christ the OF have been grinding out results in exactly the same way we are now for decades. And like the OF, every so often we smash someone, then we sneak a 2-1 win. It's the way they've always stayed ahead of the rest. Consistency in relation to the other teams is what matters.

Do we have a right to expect flowing football when literally no-one else is doing it? Even Rangers are grinding out results just now. Promotion all that matters surely.

Anyhow, carry on ignoring the context of this season and pretend it's just a normal season ya bunch of absolute mentalists.

👍No games and COVID certainly seems to have affected a lot on here. 

17 minutes ago, S Form said:

Only a Hearts supporter contorted by hatred of Robbie Neilson could class a win against Hibs in a Scottish Cup semi final as a negative.

As you can see I said we took care of hibs.....after giving up 45mins of the game.

18 minutes ago, S Form said:

Not negative but to say we didn't get lucky that day would be a lie. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

As you can see I said we took care of hibs.....after giving up 45mins of the game.

The bottom line is that we won the game. How come you didn’t put that result in the ‘for’ column?

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We didn’t get lucky. On the day we were as good as them.

2 minutes ago, S Form said:

We didn’t get lucky. On the day we were as good as them.

For a start the ref had a mare the penaltys that were given were a joke, embarrassing and both teams played shit. 

No team was dominant and it was a very even game. 

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we know what side of the fence you're on :)

Maybe start by fleshing out your "For" points the way you did with the Against. Otherwise, why not just say "Shite performances" instead of that long post? It's hardly a balanced argument otherwise but obviously you think he should go.

Personally being top and going to get promoted trump everything else right now! It's his job to do what he's doing during a very weird season - the transition season to end all transition seasons basically. 

**** every other team in same transition, not many if any, of our competitors in this league have same backing/facilities/players/budget as us.*****

As for next season, he did prove he could get us competing at the right end of the league last time so here's no reason to expect he couldn't do it again, this time without Levein "pulling the strings" which was the accusation against him last time. Track record wise, Neilson did better in the season or two after promotion than both Hibs and D Utd. 

****"last time" I did say what had you seen this season. Since you brought it up, there were no Rangers for a season and no Hibs for 2 seasons.****

I can't be arsed highlighting again the good points that have helped us go top from the word go and compete well against Hibs and Celtic. Maybe someone else has the energy? Here's a start though:

Changing a losing team to a winning team ***you realise we are in a league below?****

Solving problem positions like goalie and LB (and winger initially with Ginnelly), and hopefully attacking midfield as McEnoff looks very promising

Getting us scoring from all over the park, which he did last time for us

Apologies, on phone and can't see how to 'colour' my replies so have asterixed them.

So apart from being top of league, which I have acknowledged, or going back in time, or blaming a pandemic which every club is going through, or a couple of decent signings for this league out if plenty, you have not really talked about what you have seen on the park or Robbie tactical genius this season that gives you hope for next?

9 minutes ago, S Form said:

The bottom line is that we won the game. How come you didn’t put that result in the ‘for’ column?

I was talking about the cup in general that imo thanks to Robbie we failed to win. We failed.

46 minutes ago, Gambo said:

For.

Against.

The "For" is enough for me but He'll probably take us to the dizzy heights of 2nd or 3rd once we piss it into the top league

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

For a start the ref had a mare the penaltys that were given were a joke, embarrassing and both teams played shit. 

In other words, we deserved to win it as much as they did. 

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bit miserly. Hearts played well 2nd half and beyond. Esp when Naismith and Haring arrived. They were actually passing it around the Hubs midfield with nice one touch passing patterns, something I'm sure you'd appreciate. I expected more from Hibs. I never learn. 😄

Edited by Riccarton3

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I was talking about the cup in general that imo thanks to Robbie we failed to win. We failed.

A win against Hibs in a Scottish Cup semi final is a failure? Think I’ve heard it all now.

1 minute ago, S Form said:

In other words, we deserved to win it as much as they did. 

Well when you take into account that Kevin hibsed it missed his pen, then we scored ours yeah.

Wasn't convincing but and could of been very different. 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Bit miserly. Hearts played well 2nd half and beyond. Esp when Naismith and Haring arrived. They were actually passing it around the Hubs midfield with nice one touch passing patterns, something I'm sure you'd appreciate. I expected more from Hibs. I never learn. 😄

Yeah but passing it about doesn't achieve results, as you seen on Friday, you have to be clinical in the final third. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well when you take into account that Kevin hibsed it missed his pen, then we scored ours yeah.

Beaten by a championship team. Unconvincingly. 😂

25 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What he’s saying and it’s feckin obvious. You put Hibs and Celtic in the negative column. not the positive or both. 
this means anything else you say, right or wrong, is worthless. 
either make a balanced argument or just accept your seethe, wherever it’s coming from, is distorting you view and accept being called out for it. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah but passing it about doesn't achieve results, as you seen on Friday, you have to be clinical in the final third. 

I enjoyed it. Zipped it about but so fleeting as you say. And it resulted in the first goal by Wighton. Another lovely exchange sent Boyce in and he should have clipped it.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So, by your logic, if Hibs had won it they’d have been lucky too?

Yep over how many minutes?. 

We are the championship team and we have to win convincingly against a team in the top league?

Jambo in Bathgate
25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Think you need to step back from the keyboard. Your hatred of Robbie Neilson is clouding your judgment. Hibs had been playing football since August and were on a good run at the time. 

Imagine piggybacking at the fact you got to the cup final on the basis. 

Of an another manager getting you to the semi final. 

Beating every team we come up against convincingly. 

Then the semi final and final 😂😂 and trying to make him out as a success, oh my lord blimey. 

I mean the guy has never got past what the fourth round or fifth round , as a manager in the Scottish Cup in his career. 

But he's a success because he won the semi against hibs, and got to the final. 

5 minutes ago, S Form said:

So, by your logic, if Hibs had won it they’d have been lucky too?

Yes both teams were poor very poor, I can see why people call us diet huns and diet tims, both teams put on a shite spectacle, for Scottish football. 

4 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Think you need to step back from the keyboard. Your hatred of Robbie Neilson is clouding your judgment. Hibs had been playing football since August and were on a good run at the time. 

Aye hibs were great, so great that their result going into the game was a 0-0 Draw away to county I'm sure 🤔please correct me if I'm wrong?. 

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Imagine piggybacking at the fact you got to the cup final on the basis. 

Of an another manager getting you to the semi final. 

Beating every team we come up against convincingly

Then the semi final and final 😂😂 and trying to make him out as a success, oh my lord blimey. 

I mean the guy has never got past what the fourth round or fifth round , as a manager in the Scottish Cup in his career. 

But he's a success because he won the semi against hibs, and got to the final. 

No chance you were at Falkirk away if you think Stendel won every game in the cup run convincingly.

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

No chance you were at Falkirk away if you think Stendel won every game in the cup run convincingly.

We got shagged that night, Falkirk hit the woodwork 3 times in 5 minutes😂 Weather was horrendous too 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

"We"? Speak for yourself. That's not Neilson's problem. It's your and their problem.

We're currently experiencing what Celtic and Rangers have faced for decades - teams raising their games against us and preventing us from playing, and occasionally putting in a momentous effort to win the game. We're also doing what the OF do though and are grinding out results, with a healthy sprinkling of gubbings thrown in. Just like it's a shock when we get beat or even draw in this league, it's a shock when it happens to the OF - but it still usually happens multiple times every season no matter who their manager is.

When the better weather returns we'll see a difference. If there were fans at games we'd be even more out of sight.

What a load of mince. Teams raising their game? All they are doing is sitting deep and hitting on the counter because we have no attacking midfielders. Teams don't need to raise their game we play into their hands.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )