Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

I see after repeated attempts to explain it to you, you still don't understand what the phrase "grinding out results" means. I'll leave it there, since I doubt you'll ever get it. And I certainly wouldn't talk to anyone about self awareness when you've been telling outright lies to try and paint yourself in a better light. 

But if you're happy with what we saw on Friday night, that says an awful lot more about you than it does about those who thought the performance wasn't good enough.

Paint myself in a better light... Wtf you on about? If your going to call me a liar show me proof, I am not aware of telling any lies either. 

It's a forum I don't give a flying what you think of me. 

We won't win every game and we won't win every game comfortably, if you see that as grinding then fair enough. 

I see us with a massive point advantage and gd advantage, that does not suggest we are grinding out results in this league in general. 

You choose to ignore that, fair enough. 

No one was happy on Friday night, I said myself on the match day thread it was shite. 

Not 1 person will say it was good. 

I just don't go in the huff and want the manager sacked if we don't win every game, which you say you don't expect to anyway, so why the **** you moaning? 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

The Hogfather
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Paint myself in a better light... Wtf you on about? If your going to call me a liar show me proof, I am not aware of telling any lies either. 

It's a forum I don't give a flying what you think of me. 

We won't win every game and we won't win every game comfortably, if you see that as grinding then fair enough. 

I see us with a massive point advantage and gd advantage, that does not suggest we are grinding out results in this league in general. 

You choose to ignore that, fair enough. 

No one was happy on Friday night, I said myself on the match day thread it was shite. 

Not 1 person will say it was good. 

I just don't go in the huff and want the manager sacked if we don't win every game, which you say you don't expect to anyway, so why the **** you moaning? 

Absolutely all over the place here. "Go prove that I'm a liar" and "I don't care what you think" in the same...paragraph? I dunno, it's hard to tell how you actually structure your posts. So which is it? You want me to show you or you don't care what I think? 

We know you don't go in the huff, you just try and shout anyone down when they show any kind of dissent. Complete inability to take on board the points of others. Harks back to the misplaced arrogance I referenced before.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

players not performing ? I thought we were playing within ourselves (to plan) or is that just some weeks when we look dross?

i agree with you regarding the start on Friday tho I can remember being surprised at just how positively we had started - came to next to nothing alas - hopefully it is the start of many more positive starts tho which might come to something

Maybe the players get fed up. Watched a lot more football than I normally would, interesting a lot of people seem to believe English Premier League games have lost intensity. 

I honestly don't believe it is how we are set up or asking them to play which seems to be a criticism 

18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

He was taking money as a director, DoF and manager

That’s not true. As a director all his earnings are declared in the annual accounts for each financial year. He wasn’t getting the fabled ‘three salaries’. 

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Well it isn't righteous based on the meaning of the word.  Maybe self-righteous, but then we are superior (financially) to the teams in the league, much like the Old Firm in the top division.  Perhaps even more so. 

We're not consistently playing terribly but we're definitely not consistently playing well.  We seem to either score a few or not turn up much beyond the side-to-side passing I mentioned previously.

It's been a consistent thing with this team going back far beyond Neilson.

Your last sentence is something that I think people need to take on board a bit more. Was always going to take time to sort the mess he inherited. Fans, including me, are impatient but hopefully given time he’ll get us playing consistently well. You can see his idea, solid defensive unit protected by two sitting mids, fast, busy wingers. Unfortunately the wingers he’s signed haven’t found any consistency and there’s no commitment to get forward from the midfield meaning our forwards drop back and it all becomes a bit of a mess, in an attacking sense. 

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So you don't mind that he wasted Millions on three year contracts for players that were never good enough? You never worried that even when Budge dropped him the hint, he was too arrogant to see he was a failure and stand down?

The fact we got worse under his pick for manager with Cathro.

You were happy he lied to the AGM when he stated he never sent messages when it was clear on TV?

You were happy he was taking three wages from the club he was meant to be a PHM?

He was only getting one wage. How many times has that been explained on here?  

24 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

He was taking money as a director, DoF and manager

That has been discussed to death many times over. Wtaf and why is this even a post on a thread about the idiocy of Neilson out in the current situation.

24 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

please refrain from using animal-based insults - I respect pigs and I respect smiths right .... well I respect pigs :)

One of the Peta complaints was using the word Chicken - they want you to use Coward - from Old French couard, based on Latin cauda ‘tail’, possibly with reference to a frightened animal with its tail between its legs

Copied and pasted as nae chance I would spell dem wordies correctly. So don’t slate a chicken but slate a frightened animal 🤔🤔

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Your last sentence is something that I think people need to take on board a bit more. Was always going to take time to sort the mess he inherited. Fans, including me, are impatient but hopefully given time he’ll get us playing consistently well. You can see his idea, solid defensive unit protected by two sitting mids, fast, busy wingers. Unfortunately the wingers he’s signed haven’t found any consistency and there’s no commitment to get forward from the midfield meaning our forwards drop back and it all becomes a bit of a mess, in an attacking sense. 

Exactly. He may turn out to be the wrong person to take us forward. Hope not but he has to be given time to sort out the mess he was asked to fix. Good start in the summer with 15+ departures and only Hickey really missed. Another good  few out in January and a number more already know they are going in summer. Only five of Fridays starting 11 were with us this time last year I think. 
Incredible turnover of players  in such a short space of time and more churn to come as he transforms us from a championship winning team to a premiership top 6 team in the summer. Given the amount of personnel changes required some leeway needs to be given in terms of performance but not results. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

...looking for the Mo Berthe thread. 

i agree it’s too soon to judge. 

Even Mo got longer. 73 mins at Dens and then 90 in a friendly to prove he was indeed kack. Felt sorry for him though because he had to wear that yellow jersey. Only lasted 42 days at the club. That could be a record for permanent signings. Andy Thorne has the shortest loan deal record I think. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

That has been discussed to death many times over. Wtaf and why is this even a post on a thread about the idiocy of Neilson out in the current situation.

One of the Peta complaints was using the word Chicken - they want you to use Coward - from Old French couard, based on Latin cauda ‘tail’, possibly with reference to a frightened animal with its tail between its legs

Copied and pasted as nae chance I would spell dem wordies correctly. So don’t slate a chicken but slate a frightened animal 🤔🤔

yeah sounds like they’ve not got their ducks entirely in a row yet

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Absolutely all over the place here. "Go prove that I'm a liar" and "I don't care what you think" in the same...paragraph? I dunno, it's hard to tell how you actually structure your posts. So which is it? You want me to show you or you don't care what I think? 

We know you don't go in the huff, you just try and shout anyone down when they show any kind of dissent. Complete inability to take on board the points of others. Harks back to the misplaced arrogance I referenced before.

I don't care if you think I'm a liar but if your going to put it on  a public forum stick some proof up. Calling folk a  liar is not a good trait, it could make you actually look like a liar.

I take on board many points, yours just don't make any sense.

What is your point(s)?

Do you expect us to win and dominate every game?

or

Do you understand that over  a league campaign some games will be won, some lost and some drawn and that the best team will be at the top at the end, if so why are you so angry as we are top by a distance?

You have contradicted yourself that much I don't know what your point(s) are any more tbh.

You have called me pig headed and a liar so good stuff.

42 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

It's ok to admit you don't understand what the term "grinding results out" means, but I'll help you understand better. A last minute penalty to rescue a point against QoTS, another penalty to beat Ayr 1-0, a goal with 10 minutes to go to beat Dunfermline 1-0, a last minute 3rd goal to finally kill off 10 man Alloa is the very definition of grinding results out. 

Ah, the old "YoU muST exPECt us tO wIN eVErY gAMe" nonsense the fanboys trot out every time someone dares raise a negative against the way Hearts are playing. No, I don't expect Hearts to win every game, but I do expect to see a higher level of performance against the tinpot clubs in this tinpot division. Sorry if this offends you. Except I'm not. You don't have any right to talk down to anyone. Not with your posting history.

:laugh: I'm glad someone else has picked up on this absolute lie. You were championing him right until the very end and everyone with eyes saw it and shook their heads at your sheer pig headed arrogance.

Leave it alone with him. There is no point in trying to point out his obvious inconsistencies over a period of time. He comes on here to be self righteous and wind people up. 

Everyone on here knows that he championed Levein until the end. He even says in one of his posts on here he cautioned against changing manager mid season. So that either means he wanted rid of Levein at the start of the season, or didn’t want rid of him at all. I’ll leave you to guess which one it really is.

His chairmanship of the NDF is of similar nature. He keeps quoting where Robbie Neilson had us finishing 5 years ago. Football moved on and so did Robbie to the fantastic career he had at MK Dons and trust me they were glad to be rid of him in the end. Even United fans didn’t shed many tears when he left. They both detested the way he had his teams playing football. 

The appointment of Neilson was always going to divide opinion. Some see him as Levein’s lapdog and others see him as the last manager to get us to Europe. I do think he is a mediocre manager who is currently at the biggest club he will ever manage in his career. He got lucky last season having Shankland in his team. There’s a stat on here somewhere that the one player was worth 18 points to his team. About the difference between first and second. It wasn’t some coaching magic that got him promoted, it was having the best striker in the league, much as it is the same with Boyce this season. 

Good coaches develop players, have the ability to go to a Plan B when things

aren’t working, make changes to formations and tactics and most importantly hold their hands up when they get it wrong. Name one player in his stints at Hearts he has developed, when has he held his hands up when he got it wrong or when he went to a Plan B

The Hogfather
7 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

We're grinding out results to clubs we should be putting to bed quite comfortably and that does not bode well for next season.

3 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

13 clear because we're grinding out results, like I said. 

58 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

A last minute penalty to rescue a point against QoTS, another penalty to beat Ayr 1-0, a goal with 10 minutes to go to beat Dunfermline 1-0, a last minute 3rd goal to finally kill off 10 man Alloa is the very definition of grinding results out. 

40 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I see after repeated attempts to explain it to you, you still don't understand what the phrase "grinding out results" means.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You have contradicted yourself

Anyone who can read will see how consistent my posts have been. Feel free to show me all these "contradictions" you're on about. I'll wait.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Leave it alone with him. There is no point in trying to point out his obvious inconsistencies over a period of time. He comes on here to be self righteous and wind people up. 

Everyone on here knows that he championed Levein until the end. He even says in one of his posts on here he cautioned against changing manager mid season. So that either means he wanted rid of Levein at the start of the season, or didn’t want rid of him at all. I’ll leave you to guess which one it really is.

His chairmanship of the NDF is of similar nature. He keeps quoting where Robbie Neilson had us finishing 5 years ago. Football moved on and so did Robbie to the fantastic career he had at MK Dons and trust me they were glad to be rid of him in the end. Even United fans didn’t shed many tears when he left. They both detested the way he had his teams playing football. 

The appointment of Neilson was always going to divide opinion. Some see him as Levein’s lapdog and others see him as the last manager to get us to Europe. I do think he is a mediocre manager who is currently at the biggest club he will ever manage in his career. He got lucky last season having Shankland in his team. There’s a stat on here somewhere that the one player was worth 18 points to his team. About the difference between first and second. It wasn’t some coaching magic that got him promoted, it was having the best striker in the league, much as it is the same with Boyce this season. 

aren’t working, make changes to formations and tactics and most importantly hold their hands up when they get it wrong. Name one player in his stints at Hearts he has developed, when has he held his hands up when he got it wrong or when he went to a Plan B

I know what he's about, I just like toying with him and watching him tie himself in knots. Like you say, he doesn't know what he's saying half the time. I doubt he even supports Hearts tbf. 

Back on topic, I don't necessarily endorse the idea he should be sacked, I just remain sceptical he can take us to where we really should be. He was the safe appointment. Someone Ann Budge knows and has worked with before. Someone who knows the club and the supporters. Time will tell whether he proves me wrong, but our recent performances don't do much to fill me with confidence.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nunya Business said:

Anyone who can read will see how consistent my posts have been. Feel free to show me all these "contradictions" you're on about. I'll wait.

You've missed the one out with the fancy alternating caps.

Anyway, you're  boring me now, your "grind  out" results patter is either something that you- yourself expect ( you said you don't expect to win every game)  or you aren't happy with it. Make you mind up. It can't be both.

And, as the league table clearly shows beyond all doubt over the course of the season- we are not grinding out results, we are scoring the most, wining the most games, have the best gd and are coasting the league, the exact opposite of grinding.  

Robbie is here to stay, he'll lead us to promotion and I hope he can replicate his performances  last time he was with us on promotion.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't care if you think I'm a liar but if your going to put it on  a public forum stick some proof up. Calling folk a  liar is not a good trait, it could make you actually look like a liar.

You have called me pig headed and a liar so good stuff.

You are - you drown the board in bullshit and will go to any lengths to have the last word.

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You've missed the one out with the fancy alternating caps.

Anyway, you're  boring me now, your "grind  out" results patter is either something that you- yourself expect ( you said you don't expect to win every game)  or you aren't happy with it. Make you mind up. It can't be both.

And, as the league table clearly shows beyond all doubt over the course of the season- we are not grinding out results, we are scoring the most, wining the most games, have the best gd and are coasting the league, the exact opposite of grinding.  

Robbie is here to stay, he'll lead us to promotion and I hope he can replicate his performances  last time he was with us on promotion.

TL;DR. I'm going to assume you still don't understand what "grinding out results" means.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I know what he's about, I just like toying with him and watching him tie himself in knots. Like you say, he doesn't know what he's saying half the time. I doubt he even supports Hearts tbf. 

Back on topic, I don't necessarily endorse the idea he should be sacked, I just remain sceptical he can take us to where we really should be. He was the safe appointment. Someone Ann Budge knows and has worked with before. Someone who knows the club and the supporters. Time will tell whether he proves me wrong, but our recent performances don't do much to fill me with confidence.

An admission of Trolling, as well as calling  me pig headed a liar and now a hibs fan.....

Time will tell tho, you got one thing correct.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

TL;DR. I'm going to assume you still don't understand what "grinding out results" means.

It doesn't mean being top goal scorers with a massive goal difference.

Edited by Smith's right boot

The Hogfather
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

An admission of Trolling, as well as calling  me pig headed a liar and now a hibs fan.....

Just because you don't admit you're at it, doesn't mean everyone can't see what your game is. Although it is interesting you jumped to me accusing you of supporting Hibs. Doesn't look like I did. Although others have also called you pig headed. Seems to be a common theme around here.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It doesn't mean being top goal scorers with a massive goal difference.

No, it means getting results without playing particularly well. Hopefully that explanation finally penetrates whatever might reside between your ears. I doubt it though.

Anyway, I'll leave you to gnash your teeth about trolling and work yourself up into a frenzy when someone dares raise any questions about the HMFC manager. Have a good evening.

Edited by Nunya Business

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not any different from you pretending to be naive all the time. 

52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

this... and more so defending

17 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

You're absolutely correct in all you say.

But don't you feel you're wasting your time trying to reason, or explain logically to Srb?

He/she is like a dug who can't let go......I'm telling you he/she will try and brow beat you to death. A punch drunk boxer who know's he is beat, but will not go down!......I just wish TF that his corner would just throw the towel in. 

Problem with Srb is absolutely no reasoning or middle road. It's their way or the highway!......They have lost the moral ground through their own obstinance

Srb......The best solution for this poor soul is to put on ignore and leave the grown up's to conduct healthy debate  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

balloon-headed ?

to be fair to srb there is the very rare time he/she has taken a point on board - which in itself is a rare thing on the internet for anyone 

very rare all round

100s of thousands of posts changing no-ones opinion significantly :(

It's interesting the parallels between Mcinnes and Neilson.

All the Aberdeen fans are willing to drive Mcinnes out of their club, yet they have had more success under him than any other manager since fergie, They are currently 4th in the league (How many of us would take that right now?) on course to yet again qualify for europe and will probably even overtake hibs by the end of the season imo, and the sole reason for wanting him gone is because the style of play is poor.

Neilson is never going to have us playing like barcelona or ajax etc however i believe he is very much in the mcinnes mold and will have us consistent whilst not pretty finishing towards the top end of the table, I suppose the arguement is why can't we have both style and get results? In all honesty I'm not really sure, It seems to happen everywhere in football though, Spurs under Mourinho, Even the hobos are getting results under Ross and they sure as hell aren't playing great.

I'm unsure what the answer is but to suggest the removal of Neilson right now is crazy imo, If we are going to get rid of him, do it after next season (providing we go up this year) and allow a new manager the time to come in and get a full pre season and everything else, own players/coaches etc

Edited by gregzy2k7

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

13 clear because we're grinding out results, like I said. Well done for being able to grasp the concept of what people mean when they say they're grinding out results. Of course, we'll pretend that Raith have two games in hand ;) 

So we are 13 clear as "we're grinding" out results.............

FALSE- We are top goal scorers, massive GD and 13 points clear.

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

It's ok to admit you don't understand what the term "grinding results out" means, but I'll help you understand better. A last minute penalty to rescue a point against QoTS, another penalty to beat Ayr 1-0, a goal with 10 minutes to go to beat Dunfermline 1-0, a last minute 3rd goal to finally kill off 10 man Alloa is the very definition of grinding results out. 

Ah, the old "YoU muST exPECt us tO wIN eVErY gAMe" nonsense the fanboys trot out every time someone dares raise a negative against the way Hearts are playing. No, I don't expect Hearts to win every game, but I do expect to see a higher level of performance against the tinpot clubs in this tinpot division. Sorry if this offends you. Except I'm not. You don't have any right to talk down to anyone. Not with your posting history.

:laugh: I'm glad someone else has picked up on this absolute lie. You were championing him right until the very end and everyone with eyes saw it and shook their heads at your sheer pig headed arrogance.

The league table shows our performances to be of a level high enough to be-

top by 13 points

top goal scorers

best GD

again, debunking the grinding out myth.

You also say you don't expect Hearts to win every game.....

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

I see after repeated attempts to explain it to you, you still don't understand what the phrase "grinding out results" means. I'll leave it there, since I doubt you'll ever get it. And I certainly wouldn't talk to anyone about self awareness when you've been telling outright lies to try and paint yourself in a better light. 

But if you're happy with what we saw on Friday night, that says an awful lot more about you than it does about those who thought the performance wasn't good enough.

As YOU don't expect Hearts to win every game you must surely accept that games like Friday will happen?

After all We drew and you don't expect us to win every game.......... If so why all the fuss?

54 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

22 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You post earlier stating you don't expect us to win every game and despite being top by a distance, with the best GD and goals scored you  are all in a tither about a draw and few close games? ( see below as well).

Which one is it- do you accept we won't win every game and over the season will suffer some defeats and some draws and  as we are currently doing- win the league comfortably, if so why the debate?

or

do you expect us to perform well and win every game, hence why you are spouting shite about grinding our way to the top of the league?

18 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I thought you didn't expect us to win every game? Why aren't you confident- we are well top?

What are you not confident about- not winning the league?

9 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You clearly don't-

"13 clear because we're grinding out results"

We are top because we have the most points, most wins, most goals and by far the best goal difference.

That has came from a mixture of big wins, small wins along with a draw and some defeats- which you yourself accept will happen.

If you debated the point rather than calling folk hibs, pig headed and a liar you might have saved us both a bit time.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

top by 13 points

top goal scorers

best GD

As YOU don't expect Hearts to win every game you must surely accept that games like Friday will happen?

After all We drew and you don't expect us to win every game.......... If so why all the fuss?

You post earlier stating you don't expect us to win every game and despite being top by a distance, with the best GD and goals scored you  are all in a tither about a draw and few close games? ( see below as well).

Which one is it- do you accept we won't win every game and over the season will suffer some defeats and some draws and  as we are currently doing- win the league comfortably, if so why the debate?

or

do you expect us to perform well and win every game, hence why you are spouting shite about grinding our way to the top of the league?

I thought you didn't expect us to win every game? Why aren't you confident- we are well top?

You clearly don't-

We are top because we have the most points, most wins, most goals and by far the best goal difference.

That has came from a mixture of big wins, small wins along with a draw and some defeats- which you yourself accept will happen.

If you debated the point rather than calling folk hibs, pig headed and a liar you might have saved us both a bit time.

I wouldn’t mind if you were ever right about anything. All the horses you back are the wrong horses. Which does make me wonder

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I wouldn’t mind if you were ever right about anything. All the horses you back are the wrong horses. Which does make me wonder

I'm unlucky.

My logic is sound.:vrface:Honestly.

I did warn that simply sacking cl wouldn't fix anything and despite what many thought- it could get worse!

Covid was the cherry on that particular shit cake.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

top by 13 points

top goal scorers

best GD

or

You clearly don't-

:laugh: You are so rattled by the idea we might not be playing well that I genuinely think you might end up smashing your phone/laptop/tablet. I've seen a few internet breakdowns in my time but this is an absolute belter. If someone told me you had to stop crying half way through typing all this out, I wouldn't even begin to question it.

Anyway, I'll console myself with the knowledge the adults/genuine Hearts supporters kicking about on here also see that we're not playing all that well, albeit grinding out results. Oh, and by the way. I didn't say you supported Hibs, I just said I didn't think you supported Hearts. You're the one who brought them up :) 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm unlucky.

My logic is sound.:vrface:Honestly.

I did warn that simply sacking cl wouldn't fix anything and despite what many thought- it could get worse!

Covid was the cherry on that particular shit cake.

Here’s where you’re going wrong though. Levein deserved to sacked. Whether it would make things better was immaterial. He deserved to be sacked, full stop, and much sooner than he was. What you need to acknowledge is that the problem was also bigger than him - starting with Budge, who is the root of all this.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What does wanting Hibs to win the cup count as?

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Just because you don't admit you're at it, doesn't mean everyone can't see what your game is. Although it is interesting you jumped to me accusing you of supporting Hibs. Doesn't look like I did. Although others have also called you pig headed. Seems to be a common theme around here.

No, it means getting results without playing particularly well. Hopefully that explanation finally penetrates whatever might reside between your ears. I doubt it though.

Anyway, I'll leave you to gnash your teeth about trolling and work yourself up into a frenzy when someone dares raise any questions about the HMFC manager. Have a good evening.

I apologise, you said I probably wasn't a hearts fan, not hibs.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

top by 13 points

top goal scorers

best GD

or

You clearly don't-

Top by 13 points i take it teams don't have games in hand?. 

How shite of a manager do you have to be, to be beaten by Raith, even laptop could get the job done against them 🙈

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Here’s where you’re going wrong though. Levein deserved to sacked. Whether it would make things better was immaterial. He deserved to be sacked, full stop, and much sooner than he was. What you need to acknowledge is that the problem was also bigger than him - starting with Budge, who is the root of all this.

If you read back, my stance was-

After a 6th place finish , a sc final and lc sf it wasn't a automatic sacking, but it was 50/50.

After backing him that summer, he deserved the chance to capture the early season form of the season before imo.

Just because I wasn't jumping up and down and calling him names doesn't mean didn't have concerns. I stated concerns lots of times.

Budge is a different debate and now with cl gone and Savage in has little to do with the football side, lets give that a chance to become successful?

All irrelevant in regards to Robbie tho who deserves our backing atm as he's doing his job.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

:laugh: You are so rattled by the idea we might not be playing well that I genuinely think you might end up smashing your phone/laptop/tablet. I've seen a few internet breakdowns in my time but this is an absolute belter. If someone told me you had to stop crying half way through typing all this out, I wouldn't even begin to question it.

Anyway, I'll console myself with the knowledge the adults/genuine Hearts supporters kicking about on here also see that we're not playing all that well, albeit grinding out results. Oh, and by the way. I didn't say you supported Hibs, I just said I didn't think you supported Hearts. You're the one who brought them up :) 

ofc we won't play well every game, but we aren't 13 clear because we are grinding out results.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What does wanting Hibs to win the cup count as?

who wanted hibs to win the cup...:62:

We have prob ground out 5 games, so 33.3% add 3 losses makes 53.3%

No grinding 7 games, 46.67%

Mixed bag. 12 points gained from 4 one goal wins, 2 of which were fortunate.

Edited by Riccarton3

21 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

All the Aberdeen fans are willing to drive Mcinnes out of their club, yet they have had more success under him than any other manager since fergie, They are currently 4th in the league (How many of us would take that right now?) on course to yet again qualify for europe and will probably even overtake hibs by the end of the season imo, and the sole reason for wanting him gone is because the style of play is poor.

Neilson is never going to have us playing like barcelona or ajax etc however i believe he is very much in the mcinnes mold and will have us consistent whilst not pretty finishing towards the top end of the table, I suppose the arguement is why can't we have both style and get results? In all honesty I'm not really sure, It seems to happen everywhere in football though, Spurs under Mourinho, Even the hobos are getting results under Ross and they sure as hell aren't playing great.

I'm unsure what the answer is but to suggest the removal of Neilson right now is crazy imo, If we are going to get rid of him, do it after next season (providing we go up this year) and allow a new manager the time to come in and get a full pre season and everything else, own players/coaches etc

That’s a fair point about McInnes and Neilson. Neither of them are going to be Klopp or Pep. They’re effective at what they do but it’s not necessarily what the fans want.

I do think we’ve missed a couple of opportunities and the blame for that has to fall fairly and squarely at the door of Ann Budge.

Stendal was very impressive at Barnsley and can consider himself unlucky to be replaced there especially in light of his team getting ripped up. There were other opportunities at the time. Nathan Jones was out of work at the time and probably deserved more credit for his season than Stendal when they got promoted.

The way Robbie was appointed was shambolic. Excluding the fact that we hadn’t told Stendal he’d been replaced was bad enough but to bring back someone who divides opinion was another own goal by her. 

There are some on here who criticise Stendal for not learning from his mistakes with regard setting up more defensively or continuing with Pereira yet from where I am Robbie is doing the same thing. Failing to adapt his tactics to deal with defensively minded teams. Boyce plays best in and around the box. Little give and goes to create chances. He’s wasted playing with his back to goal 50 yards from it but he’s there because there is zero coming from the middle of the park. Walker and Irving should be driving on to get to Boyce to receive the ball and pushing us forward, not 10 yards from our defenders and static. 

It’s pointless getting rid of Neilson at the moment but unless he changes tactics and gets more dynamism into the middle of the park it will be a bottom 6 struggle next season. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
32 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

mcinnes has consistently finished second in a 2 horse race and the 3rd in a 3 horse race and won one league cup in a time where hearts hibs and rangers were in disarray for an extended periods and no real challenge from the Dundee clubs - at best he’s met expectations based on budget which is more than some previous Aberdeen managers have to be fair

that useless dinosaur Tommy Wright has way exceeded expectations based on budget in a number of years in the same period (I think)

please lets not set our ambitions based on derek mcinness ( a step on neilson to be fair tho)

Guest ToqueJambo

Haha this is a laugh.

No fans and lockdown affecting players (we keep hearing about the mental health toll - are players and managers not included there?), bad pitches, teams parking the bus or treating it like a cup final. None of these matter do they? Context completely irrelevant is it?

Even not taking into account the above, christ the OF have been grinding out results in exactly the same way we are now for decades. And like the OF, every so often we smash someone, then we sneak a 2-1 win. It's the way they've always stayed ahead of the rest. Consistency in relation to the other teams is what matters.

Do we have a right to expect flowing football when literally no-one else is doing it? Even Rangers are grinding out results just now. Promotion all that matters surely.

Anyhow, carry on ignoring the context of this season and pretend it's just a normal season ya bunch of absolute mentalists.

Edited by ToqueJambo

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How shite of a manager do you have to be, to be beaten by Raith, even laptop could get the job done against them 🙈

Would you rather be 13 points ahead or be 13 points behind with 2 games in hand worth 6 points?

Asking for a friend.

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Would you rather be 13 points ahead or be 13 points behind with 2 games in hand worth 6 points?

Asking for a friend.

The way SRB is going on is that we are strolling this and everyone has played the same number of games and that Robbie is the messiah incarnate 

Advising for a friend

Edited by merseyjambo

26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Better to have the points on the board though. No guarantee that raith will take full advantage and even if they do they'll still be a fair bit off. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The way SRB is going on is that we are strolling this and everyone has played the same number of games and that Robbie is the messiah incarnate 

Advising for a friend

That’s not answering the question.

• Moderators

Ok, let’s try and discuss the actual topic of ‘Neilson’ rather than what member said this or that years ago or people will be leaving the thread. 

Thanks

alwaysthereinspirit

Why do other team fans go on a Hearts board and post as Hearts fans?

I like reading the stupid #!bs board posts on here when they’re posted but I would never, ever deliberately go to that board and sign in.

Guest ToqueJambo

People who think Raith Rovers will catch us 😁 Man up everyone FFS. We're still doing better than Rangers were after 16 games on the way to the title in 15/16 and better than Hibs were doing after 16 in 16/17.

The only person who has bettered Robbie Neilson's record so far in the Championship this season is Robbie Neilson in 14/15.

And Hibs and Rangers didn't have to also contend with a pandemic, players and their families in lockdown and worried about loved ones, and no fans having a dramatic levelling affect, as we've seen quite a few times in many different leagues. There have been all sorts of odd results and weird performances over the last year. No-one outwith the elite of Europe are playing scintillating, consistently good football.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )