Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A good manager would've left the next guy coming in, something to build on. 

some revisionism that. In all honesty I always feel that in order to have any credibility in a debate you have to see the good with that bad.  

When people become so massively polarised, to the extent they start re-writing history everything that follows you need to take with a pinch of salt.

they way some go on you’d think he was the worst manager ever.

when in actual fact he is at worst above average when you consider our full history. He’s the best manager we’ve had since JJ

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cup record? 

Needs improvement, decent start beat hibs and winning at Hampden this season tho. 

We've won 3 cups in over 50 years, I wouldn't hold cup records against any manager, for example I think Doddie was one of our best managers in my lifetime, if not the best but he never won anything with us. 

We actually play ok except the final ball where communication breaks down. For example Boyce make's near post run and ball played to far post and vice versa. Teams also seem happy to concede corners to us as we don't vary our routines and invariably hit the first man. 5 wingers now shows Robbie has recognised this but when you buy from the free and available market then you'll get more than a few duds. Every player we sign is accompanied by a YouTube video of them looking amazing but few are. I think the trick is to give six month contracts until we get a player who can beat a man, cross a ball and score a goal. Gino was the answer if he could stay fit.

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A good manager would've left the next guy coming in, something to build on. 

A good manager should take what he has got and make them better.

Ok a Mum & Dad are Season Ticket holders and they have a boy and a girl who play football at school and love the game. The parents decide it’s time for them to take them along to Tynecastle so there whole family can go together. Now the parents are used to watching Hearts but after 2 to 3 months the kids are just bored watching the Hearts team toil against Championship teams. Now this season the product on the pitch has been dire and who could blame these kids preferring to go to somewhere else where they know they will be entertained. In the league this season how many games have we enjoyed watching. 2 ? 3 tops. Yes Ryan Stevenson was very honest when he answered the question How do you think Hearts played ? His answer, They were a shambles. Our fans deserve better, much better and it is looking like we have another manager who isn’t up to the job and my advice to Hearts is start looking Joe Savage for a manager that is worthy of being Heart of Midlothian Football Clubs manager.

31 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

To be fair, there were options available to Budge to ensure we would not regret Neilson's departure. Her subsequent actions have us where we are now. A club the size of Hearts will attract a lot of potential coaches including ones with proven ability

You're absolutely right on both points, R3  👍   However AB (as CEO) has no ability to analyse which of these football coaches would be the best for Hearts, other than an impression of who's the "nicest" in the interview.   I'd guess that's why Elvis, Hartley, McCann etc were discarded - and she happily accepted CL's suggestion that he take over as manager.   

The same would happen now if she was looking for a replacement for Robbie - although perhaps having Joe Savage on the interview panel would provide  a more accurate football  assessment of candidates ?

The season we finished 3rd celtic had Ronny Delia, celtic were at their worst ever Ronny Delia a bus 😂

And as for me being all over the place, your all over the place everyday mate. 

Have you coached the game at any level at all mate ☺? Going on some of your posts it's excuse after excuse. 

2 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

We are the biggest scalp in the league, the biggest game for every team. This is not like the last time where there was Rangers and Hibs for all the other teams to raise their games every other week. Teams will sit in, defend and frustrate us. 

No matter what Neilson does the same folk will always want rid of him. In fact, some would rather we did not get promoted this season if it means no more Neilson. 

Your first paragraph is correct. Your last sentence in paragraph two...no. I find it hard to believe that any Hearts fan would rather we lost out on promotion because Neilson is in charge, like him or not. That would be cutting your nose of to spite your face. Whether Neilson is here or not is irrelevant. It's one thing not to fancy the manager you have but another to not want promotion. For me with our budget, just about any manager would be able to see us promoted.

It will be all about who we sign next season as the current squad will struggle big time against lower League opposition. We're going to need two central defenders, right-back, left-back cover, a midfielder with pace and another striker. We will need to cull half the squad as it's too bloated. Twenty outfield players, two for each position (not including goalies), not half a dozen average at best wingers and defensive midfielders and not enough in other positions. This will free up some space in the squad for young players to get game/bench-time.  Whether Neilson sees it this way or if he continues to bloat the squad with DMs and wingers is something we have to hang on for. If he misses out on good potential in favour of more of the same then he'll deserve any criticism he gets. Promotion is pretty-much guaranteed as it stands, it's all about next season now, whether that's with Neilson in charge, i don't know.

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope, you're all over the place on this one. 

You are devaluing our 3rd place finish as there was no Hibs or rangers. 

There was no Hibs and rangers because they failed to get promotion. 

Promotion from the league you across multiple threads say we should be pissing. 

If true, how come two teams that you think add value to the top flight couldn't get promoted out of this tin pot league? 

The tin pot league we pissed under Robbie 1st time and are doing so again. 

All over the place and all in an attempt to belittle our 3rd place and try to make Robbie look bad. 

Extreme lengths to prove a point that Robbie is shite and finishing 3rd was rubbish or whatever spin you are putting on it. 

All over the place, contradiction yourself and ignoring sinoke facts. 

He was also better than rangers and Hibs for 2 seasons  and the start of the 3rd, not 1 season. 

Under Robbie we never finished below hibs or rangers. 

The season we finished 3rd celtic had Ronny Delia, celtic were at their worst ever Ronny Delia a bus 😂

And as for me being all over the place, your all over the place everyday mate. 

Have you coached the game at any level at all mate ☺? Going on some of your posts it's excuse after excuse. 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ok a Mum & Dad are Season Ticket holders and they have a boy and a girl who play football at school and love the game. The parents decide it’s time for them to take them along to Tynecastle so there whole family can go together. Now the parents are used to watching Hearts but after 2 to 3 months the kids are just bored watching the Hearts team toil against Championship teams. Now this season the product on the pitch has been dire and who could blame these kids preferring to go to somewhere else where they know they will be entertained. In the league this season how many games have we enjoyed watching. 2 ? 3 tops. Yes Ryan Stevenson was very honest when he answered the question How do you think Hearts played ? His answer, They were a shambles. Our fans deserve better, much better and it is looking like we have another manager who isn’t up to the job and my advice to Hearts is start looking Joe Savage for a manager that is worthy of being Heart of Midlothian Football Clubs manager.

This is a reflection of my family, the 2 eldest lads are staunch Jambos as 2005-2010 was their informative years, however they both play/coach lower league football so rarely get to games but will watch night games on TV.

On the other hand, my youngest son & daughter were born in 2003 and 2005 and while both support the club and will go along to games if I take them, there main interest is other things.  On Friday night I watched the game alone as my son watched a movie and my daughter did schoolwork.  My youngest son's bedroom was covered in my souvenirs going back to 1956 programme, however he just redecorated his room and the walls are now music and film posters with my memorabilia relegated to the garage.

A generation is lost due to COVID-19.

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Needs improvement, decent start beat hibs and winning at Hampden this season tho. 

We've won 3 cups in over 50 years, I wouldn't hold cup records against any manager, for example I think Doddie was one of our best managers in my lifetime, if not the best but he never won anything with us. 

He never got to that semi himself, Robbie doesn't do semi's 😉

And it took a very debatable pen to get to that final. 

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Our fans, sorry, some fans are happy to accept the bare minimum.

That and the argument that we've been shite before so no need for us to expect to do better....I never understand that logic.

2 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

We are the biggest scalp in the league, the biggest game for every team. This is not like the last time where there was Rangers and Hibs for all the other teams to raise their games every other week. Teams will sit in, defend and frustrate us. 

No matter what Neilson does the same folk will always want rid of him. In fact, some would rather we did not get promoted this season if it means no more Neilson. 

We should be able to cope with that. This is the sort of thing that happens to the bigger teams at any level.

The problem we have is that teams realise that if they sit back and allow us to playu then we beat them confortably hence why they press us  as they know we can't cope with that.

Our midfield is not creative enough and we fail to play to our players strengths.

It is really quite simple although it appears that Robbie and his merry men can't work that out and get the team playing in a manner to blow teams away.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We should be able to cope with that. This is the sort of thing that happens to the bigger teams at any level.

The problem we have is that teams realise that if they sit back and allow us to playu then we beat them confortably hence why they press us  as they know we can't cope with that.

Our midfield is not creative enough and we fail to play to our players strengths.

It is really quite simple although it appears that Robbie and his merry men can't work that 

Edited by Byyy The Light

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Robbie set us up to attack Celtic's defense, to harass and get stuck in to stop them playing. This is what other teams are doing to us. Our defense takes too long to make the forward pass and get closed down and play breaks up. The ONLY way to combat this is for the forwards and mid field players to make runs and create space and for the defense to move the ball quicker. Static players are easy to play against and while the defense tries to draw the opposition out they take too long and get closed down.

Playing two holding mids compounds the problem as they are more likely to pass back to a defender who is already marked.

The other problem is substitutions, the manager has to be able to see who is not cutting it or who is off form and change things to adapt to how the game is being played out

None of this is happening.

Attack Celtic's defence?.......When was that?

2nd half in the SC final.....when we were already chasing the game.......Kind of mirrored of semi final as well......

Neilson's tactics were crap both games......It was only when he had nothing to lose that he decided to go for it.

The final was a waisted opportunity thanks to Neilson's negative 1st half tactics. 

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

2nd half in the SC final.....when we were already chasing the game.......Kind of mirrored of semi final as well......

Neilson's tactics were crap both games......It was only when he had nothing to lose that he decided to go for it.

The final was a waisted opportunity thanks to Neilson's negative 1st half tactics. 

Spot on!!

some people seem to have a memory block of just how bad we were in that first half!! Could have been 3 or 4 down at half time and couldn’t have complained.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I hate the comparison to Stendel. Who made an absolute buck load of mistakes.  Took him far too long to suss out perreira and far too long to realise we simply didn’t have the players to play like he wanted

I'm lead to believe the deal we struck with Man Utd on Pereira was that we didn't have to pay as much in wages as long as we guaranteed him (apart from an injury) playing every week. I'm sure he did drop Pereira and brought Zlamal in but had to revert to Pereira. If this was true then there's not a lot Stendel could do, his hands were tied. For me, Stendel's biggest mistake was not bringing in a central defender in the January transfer window, a problem that still stands now, a whole year on. He was right to lose Berra who threw his toys out the pram and ran to the media but the style he wanted to play, out from the back was never going to suit Berra who preferred long-ball punts. A striker was needed, we got Boyce in. Sibbick looked the part with maybe a central defender role in mind long-term but played him in midfield. Langer and Avdijaj were poor signings but a 50% decent transfer window overall. Like you, i hate comparisons...Stendel's way was the complete opposite to Levein or Neilson. (i'll call it Leveilson-style from now on)

5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

A back 5 and surrendered the midfield against the worst Celtic team in years 🤦‍♂️ It's shitebag Neilson all over, set up to stop the opposition playing instead of trying to win games.

A team managed by Sergio, Stendel or even Robbo would have put up a much better fight in that game.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

I'm lead to believe the deal we struck with Man Utd on Pereira was that we didn't have to pay as much in wages as long as we guaranteed him (apart from an injury) playing every week. I'm sure he did drop Pereira and brought Zlamal in but had to revert to Pereira. If this was true then there's not a lot Stendel could do, his hands were tied. For me, Stendel's biggest mistake was not bringing in a central defender in the January transfer window, a problem that still stands now, a whole year on. He was right to lose Berra who threw his toys out the pram and ran to the media but the style he wanted to play, out from the back was never going to suit Berra who preferred long-ball punts. A striker was needed, we got Boyce in. Sibbick looked the part with maybe a central defender role in mind long-term but played him in midfield. Langer and Avdijaj were poor signings but a 50% decent transfer window overall. Like you, i hate comparisons...Stendel's way was the complete opposite to Levein or Neilson. (i'll call it Leveilson-style from now on)

The has to play thing is a pile of shite. 

Neil Dongcaster

I think that there seems to be a generational disconnect in expectations between fans that hit adulthood post 98 and the guys who were kicking about when we were truly shite in the 70’s and 80’s. The guys that waited 40 years or so to see us win a major trophy. 

I’m in my early 30’s, I’ve came to expect Hearts to be challenging for Scottish cups every couple of years and more often than not finish 3rd. I also spent a significant proportion of my adult Hearts supporting life during the early Romanov years in which we had some truly fantastic players and at times played spectacular football.

From mine and many of my peers prospective Hearts being relegated or finishing in the bottom few places of the league is a seismic event. To us it just should never happen. 

Rightly or wrongly we expect Hearts to be best of the rest. We also have far more leisure time options than guys did 30 or 40 years ago. Following Hearts is not cheap, my season ticket is twice as expensive as it is for a season ticket to watch Bayern Munich. Younger fans generally don’t feel that Hearts offer value for money when we watch the dross on offer in recent years.

Perhaps we are spoilt and our expectations are unreasonable. However there is only so long the club can continue to rely on good will from fans. The culture has changed dramatically since guys went to the football for 10 pints, to get piss over their shoes on the terraces and a good fight in Airdrie.

Rightly or wrongly younger fans expect more than has been on offer from Hearts since we got promoted out of the championship. 

Craig Herbertson
2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I think that there seems to be a generational disconnect in expectations between fans that hit adulthood post 98 and the guys who were kicking about when we were truly shite in the 70’s and 80’s. The guys that waited 40 years or so to see us win a major trophy. 

I’m in my early 30’s, I’ve came to expect Hearts to be challenging for Scottish cups every couple of years and more often than not finish 3rd. I also spent a significant proportion of my adult Hearts supporting life during the early Romanov years in which we had some truly fantastic players and at times played spectacular football.

From mine and many of my peers prospective Hearts being relegated or finishing in the bottom few places of the league is a seismic event. To us it just should never happen. 

Rightly or wrongly we expect Hearts to be best of the rest. We also have far more leisure time options than guys did 30 or 40 years ago. Following Hearts is not cheap, my season ticket is twice as expensive as it is for a season ticket to watch Bayern Munich. Younger fans generally don’t feel that Hearts offer value for money when we watch the dross on offer in recent years.

Perhaps we are spoilt and our expectations are unreasonable. However there is only so long the club can continue to rely on good will from fans. The culture has changed dramatically since guys went to the football for 10 pints, to get piss over their shoes on the terraces and a good fight in Airdrie.

Rightly or wrongly younger fans expect more than has been on offer from Hearts since we got promoted out of the championship. 

31 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So what's Robbie's excuse? 

Probably the same as everyone else's, the squad are too old and slow and knackered. Not what he left behind the first time.

13 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

a ****ing myth, your totally right

My own opinion is that Stendel couldn't believe he could be so shit on the park. 

He was ok wih the ball at his feet (or better than bobby) and why he stck with him.

Unfortunately, he stuck by him far too long.

Edited by Tommy Brown

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Probably the same as everyone else's, the squad are too old and slow and knackered. Not what he left behind the first time.

😂😂

22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

a ****ing myth, your totally right

Aye try justifying having a player in your squad, that we are paying 6.5k a week to have. 

And the sole purpose of the loan is so he can get first team game time. 

Honestly what fecking planet are people on. 

Waiting in the wings you have Coco the Clown and Bobby dazzler Zlamal. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Leeds a basket case of a club wow has your head been up your arse? What are we? 😂😂

This.

Robbie was responsible for Hearts being knocked out of the Cup by Hibs in 2016. Worthy of criticism, lots of it, but it's ridiculous to blame him for their subsequent wins in the qf, semi and final.

He was also responsible for a terrific Hampden semi win against Hibs little more than 3 months ago and getting Hearts within touching distance of a major trophy. He had us fully prepared for that derby, which is something we Jambos demand, despite the late start to our season, SPFL closing Riccarton etc.

Like many, I have my doubts about Robbie going forward, and some performances have been a concern, but he does deserve to be defended against the tiresome "handed Hibs the Cup" nonsense and praised for what he's achieved thus far.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie plays attacking football 😂😂😂😂👍👍👍

Levein told him how too 😂😂😂

Robbie's mentor Craig Levein 😂😂

If Robbie doesn't play attacking football how come only the bigot twins have scored more goals than us and that is only because they have played twice as many games 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Robbie was responsible for Hearts being knocked out of the Cup by Hibs in 2016. Worthy of criticism, lots of it, but it's ridiculous to blame him for their subsequent wins in the qf, semi and final.

He was also responsible for a terrific Hampden semi win against Hibs little more than 3 months ago and getting Hearts within touching distance of a major trophy. He had us fully prepared for that derby, which is something we Jambos demand, despite the late start to our season, SPFL closing Riccarton etc.

Like many, I have my doubts about Robbie going forward, and some performances have been a concern, but he does deserve to be defended against the tiresome "handed Hibs the Cup" nonsense and praised for what he's achieved thus far.

Eloquently put. 

I'd say any ***** still slavering on about a ****ing cup game from 5 years is a ****ing troll. 😂

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

If Robbie doesn't play attacking football how come only the bigot twins have scored more goals than us and that is only because they have played twice as many games 

One look at the teams in this league 👍

Away from home nah don't see it. 

You tell me what attacking manager celebrates a draw, during a play off final, with the team he's playing against having a man sent off. 

Only for his team to not get promoted. 

10 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

To be honest, if a club you get a player on loan from dictates what you do with him is a thing then it should be looked into. I wouldn't be getting involved with that club ever again if that was the case so i hope you are right.

When we got Mitchell from Man Utd he came here as a winger and did relatively well. It was also a thing i'd heard when he came back, he was to be converted into a wing-back which we ultimately did. He was never the same player. Whether it was hearsay or not i couldn't say but there was a bit of talk going about at the time. On that subject...haven't we got young Hamilton out on loan with the intention of converting him into a defensive midfielder rather than a defender? So maybe it's not all shite that clubs loaning players tell them what to do with them. I don't know, maybe others will know more. Either way, it's what i was lead to believe at the time.

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye try justifying having a player in your squad, that we are paying 6.5k a week to have. 

And the sole purpose of the loan is so he can get first team game time. 

Honestly what fecking planet are people on. 

Waiting in the wings you have Coco the Clown and Bobby dazzler Zlamal. 

😂😂 love watching you melt down over this. Stendel wanted a sweeper keeper over someone who could catch the ball.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

One look at the teams in this league 👍

Away from home nah don't see it. 

You tell me what attacking manager celebrates a draw, during a play off final, with the team he's playing against having a man sent off. 

Only for his team to not get promoted. 

He also celebrated our equaliser on Friday like we had won the game. 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

What's your thoughts on it mate, don't you think we could get better? And don't we deserve better?

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

I did as well, I have to admit. I had been drinking though. 🧐

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Celebrating his team scoring.... 

What a dick Robbie is... 

Ffs.. Can't even celebrate goals now, that is bad. 

Folk are either at the wind  up or bat shit mental. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Which is a false economy. We should be well clear at the top of the league, not doing so would be akin to the "crisis" Celtic have found themselves in all year. We're grinding out results to clubs we should be putting to bed quite comfortably and that does not bode well for next season.

EDIT: I'm going to bow out of this conversation now, since it's well known that you're unable to accept alternate views to your own. Anyone who read your posts about Levein will attest to that.

Grinding out results, 13 Clear, check our goal difference. 

Nonesense. 

Quoting Ryan Stevenson as some sort of Legendary seer with unparalleled knowledge and fortitude......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The same Ryan Stevenson who thought QOTS penalty was justified.

Deary me. 

19 minutes ago, jambonian said:

To be honest, if a club you get a player on loan from dictates what you do with him is a thing then it should be looked into. I wouldn't be getting involved with that club ever again if that was the case so i hope you are right.

When we got Mitchell from Man Utd he came here as a winger and did relatively well. It was also a thing i'd heard when he came back, he was to be converted into a wing-back which we ultimately did. He was never the same player. Whether it was hearsay or not i couldn't say but there was a bit of talk going about at the time. On that subject...haven't we got young Hamilton out on loan with the intention of converting him into a defensive midfielder rather than a defender? So maybe it's not all shite that clubs loaning players tell them what to do with them. I don't know, maybe others will know more. Either way, it's what i was lead to believe at the time.

Surely if Stendel eventually replaced the keeper it clarifies the situation. He continued to p!ay him at the cost to the team despite horrendous errors. Maybe up to 5 points? Hmmm

Then maybe we had info sent from Man U that we were to turn him into a centre half.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celebrating his team scoring.... 

What a dick Robbie is... 

Ffs.. Can't even celebrate goals now, that is bad. 

Folk are either at the wind  up or bat shit mental. 

Sad times eh. 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Surely if Stendel eventually replaced the keeper it clarifies the situation. He continued to p!ay him at the cost to the team despite horrendous errors. Maybe up to 5 points? Hmmm

Then maybe we had info sent from Man U that we were to turn him into a centre half and this is why he was binned.

20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

How do you celebrate an equaliser differently from celebrating a winner?

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )