Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

No chance you were at Falkirk away if you think Stendel won every game in the cup run convincingly.

From what i remember Falkirk had 7 shots, 0 on target to our 6 with 5 on target, we had 62% of possession it was a really bad night for football. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye hibs were great, so great that their result going into the game was a 0-0 Draw away to county I'm sure 🤔please correct me if I'm wrong?. 

I thought Hubs would come good. Boy Newell was getting some good press. Yogic, too. I jest. Ended up a diving *******, Newell. Absolute sickener for Hubs. Another day at the office for the Hearts

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

We got shagged that night, Falkirk hit the woodwork 3 times in 5 minutes😂 Weather was horrendous too 

We got shagged what was the score?. 

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

We got shagged that night, Falkirk hit the woodwork 3 times in 5 minutes😂 Weather was horrendous too 

We were dreadful. Weather did play a part mind. I was two rows from the front, miserable night haha.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

From what i remember Falkirk had 7 shots, 0 on target to our 6 with 5 on target, we had 62% of possession it was a really bad night for football. 

From what I remember... Or quickly looks at the BBC match report. You can spout as many stats as you like but we were far from convincing. 

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Won 1-0, Clare penalty if I am correct

So that's a shagging 😂, so what is being 3-0 down within 52 minutes?. Against a pub side? 

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

From what I remember... Or quickly looks at the BBC match report. You can spout as many stats as you like but we were far from convincing. 

See above? 

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes both teams were poor very poor, I can see why people call us diet huns and diet tims, both teams put on a shite spectacle, for Scottish football. 

Perhaps, but we won. So I reckon that’s a positive for the coach.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

So that's a shagging 😂, so what is being 3-0 down within 52 minutes?. Against a pub side? 

Mate I’m not Neilson in😂 FWIW I’d rather Stendel than Neilson, wouldn’t really want either but

I think.if a team has smashed your woodwork three times in 5 mins, even the most blinkered arsehole would say, hmm, think we were a bit fortunate. Unless you've already stated the run to the semi was comfortable. pretty pathetic.

33 minutes ago, S Form said:

A win against Hibs in a Scottish Cup semi final is a failure? Think I’ve heard it all now.

People put themselves in strange shapes to ‘prove a point’. 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We got shagged what was the score?. 

You could argue that in favour of the games won by Robbie you regularly discount. Folks  are so entrenched. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You could argue that in favour of the games won by Robbie you regularly discount. Folks  are so entrenched. 

They game's were all won within 90 dave. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And the league Cup this season?. 

Lot Less points for that.

However my last live game was St Mirren away which was a shambles in every sense of the word. 

If he was still here I would have backed him but he’s not so we best move on. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

However my last live game was St Mirren away which was a shambles in every sense of the word. 

Something seriously awry that night. Team seemed to revert to back to front. No shape, no desire. Strange one given what was at stake. Was Bobby back in by then?

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If that's what you think it's about dave then crack on 👍

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I’m not sure what else it possibly can be about. Stendel ain’t coming back any time soon and the jury was out on him anyway imo. It’s either Robbie or someone else.

In a time of footballing and pandemic driven financial implosion you tend to go for someone that has proven they can get teams out of the particular merde you find yourself in.  

I read Stendel is up for some sort of assistant coach role in France anyway. 

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unfortunately, so are Robbies tactics.....

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

"We"? Speak for yourself. That's not Neilson's problem. It's your and their problem.

We're currently experiencing what Celtic and Rangers have faced for decades - teams raising their games against us and preventing us from playing, and occasionally putting in a momentous effort to win the game. We're also doing what the OF do though and are grinding out results, with a healthy sprinkling of gubbings thrown in. Just like it's a shock when we get beat or even draw in this league, it's a shock when it happens to the OF - but it still usually happens multiple times every season no matter who their manager is.

When the better weather returns we'll see a difference. If there were fans at games we'd be even more out of sight.

Sorry Mrs Neilson, in reality I think your son is fabulous 

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah funny we won the next couple of games, when Berra wasn't in the team. 

It's amazing what can happen when you pick the team on merit, and not an old friends act. 

Please stop making excuses Raith are toilets. 

This line jumped out at me. Seeing as you loved Stendel that much, what was his excuse for picking Perriera all the time?! Can have been on merit. Even picking zlamal a few games sooner and we wouldn't have been in the championship. 

Wow, you go to bed, and when you get up, you discover the NDF who were nowhere to be seen on Friday after yet another crap performance are out in force.

If you want to be pedantic about the semi final, which goalkeeper had more to do that game. That’s right, Craig Gordon. We were possibly the width of the goal frame from losing that match.

You can have all the possession you want in a game but if you don’t make it count then possession football is pretty worthless. 

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Similar peformance levels to Moncur and Cathro. 

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

"We"? Speak for yourself. That's not Neilson's problem. It's your and their problem.

We're currently experiencing what Celtic and Rangers have faced for decades - teams raising their games against us and preventing us from playing, and occasionally putting in a momentous effort to win the game. We're also doing what the OF do though and are grinding out results, with a healthy sprinkling of gubbings thrown in. Just like it's a shock when we get beat or even draw in this league, it's a shock when it happens to the OF - but it still usually happens multiple times every season no matter who their manager is.

When the better weather returns we'll see a difference. If there were fans at games we'd be even more out of sight.

Your post is fair enough but I assume the final sentence is satire. 

51 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Wow, you go to bed, and when you get up, you discover the NDF who were nowhere to be seen on Friday after yet another crap performance are out in force.

If you want to be pedantic about the semi final, which goalkeeper had more to do that game. That’s right, Craig Gordon. We were possibly the width of the goal frame from losing that match.

You can have all the possession you want in a game but if you don’t make it count then possession football is pretty worthless. 

Possession is overrated. There are numerous examples of teams having more than the opposition and getting thumped by a team that lets you have the ball and then breaks with purpose. 

Leicester beat Man City 5-2 with 28% possession. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Similar peformance levels to Moncur and Cathro. 

except bobby moncur signed Chris Robertson John Robertson Alex Macdonald Gary mackay and davie bowman which fundamentally helped to transform hearts from a joke club back to where we belonged for the next 20+ years (and won the first division)

and had (for a time) hearts fans singing moncur must stay

2 hours ago, fast_blood said:

This line jumped out at me. Seeing as you loved Stendel that much, what was his excuse for picking Perriera all the time?! Can have been on merit. Even picking zlamal a few games sooner and we wouldn't have been in the championship. 

Stendel had Bobby in at the start and he was horrendous. He wildly clashed with Berra and he looked a right calamity. So it was justified putting Pereira in but then he stuck with him for too many games.

The goalkeeper situation is why we found ourselves where we are. I don’t know if Stendel was allowed to sign a keeper in January despite the Gordon rumours because he was under a strict 1 in 1 out from Budge…

Edited by kila

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If it's not about supporting the current manager and team what is it about then? 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

except bobby moncur signed Chris Robertson John Robertson Alex Macdonald Gary mackay and davie bowman which fundamentally helped to transform hearts from a joke club back to where we belonged for the next 20+ years (and won the first division)

And luckily Doddie got time after struggling to get promoted and a very average first season in the top flight. 

This place would have been howling for him to be sacked as we scraped promotion iirc at the second try. 

46 minutes ago, kila said:

Stendel had Bobby in at the start and he was horrendous. He wildly clashed with Berra and he looked a right calamity. So it was justified putting Pereira in but then he stuck with him for too many games.

The goalkeeper situation is why we found ourselves where we are. I don’t know if Stendel was allowed to sign a keeper in January despite the Gordon rumours because he was under a strict 1 in 1 out from Budge…

I understand zlamal isn't exactly Buffon but after the amount of points perriera cost us surely he, or even Doyle, would have been better. 

Either way, we can't change what happened but sacking Neilson is not the answer. Whether performances have been convincing or not, we are sitting clear at the top and promotion is a the target, not how convincingly it is achieved. 

We can't even use our last championship campaign as comparison as things were totally different. We even had some insipid performances against hibs and rangers that season. 

10 hours ago, Berra than you said:

We were dreadful. Weather did play a part mind. I was two rows from the front, miserable night haha.

I was in the front row with a leaking roof,been dryer in the bath

Back to the topic of the OP. The real worry for most of us is that we can’t see a lot of improvement on the pitch. Players with a good pedigree seem to play like seaside donkeys and the tactics are constrained midfield play with the occasional flurry of attack. Instead of comfortably winning the league we are just getting by. It’s simply not good enough.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

If it's not about supporting the current manager and team what is it about then? 

Supporting a sacked shit manager apparently. 

Honestly couldn't care less how it happens, as long as we just go back up. We're going to have horrible games, we're going to lose some games, but as long as we get there at the end of the season, he's done the job he was brought in to do and will be going nowhere, and I for one am 100% behind him.

He'll still be here next season. He'll be the one shifting players around in the summer. He'll be the one in the dugout at Ibrox and Parkhead etc next season. That's when I'll judge him and if we're doing badly, that's when I'll be questioning whether or not he should be in the job; not now.

We're strolling it and will win the league comfortably. When has a manager ever been sacked when his team is 13pts clear at the top of the table lol... And massive favourites to stay there...?? 

Edited by Batistuta87

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Honestly couldn't care less how it happens, as long as we just go back up. We're going to have horrible games, we're going to lose some games, but as long as we get there at the end of the season, he's done the job he was brought in to do and will be going nowhere, and I for one am 100% behind him.

He'll still be here next season. He'll be the one shifting players around in the summer. He'll be the one in the dugout at Ibrox and Parkhead etc next season. That's when I'll judge him and if we're doing badly, that's when I'll be questioning whether or not he should be in the job; not now.

We're strolling it and will win the league comfortably. When has a manager ever been sacked when his team is 13pts clear at the top of the table lol... And massive favourites to stay there...?? 

:greatpost:

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It’s this in a nutshell, the transfer to FOH will take place. Someone new will be running the club day to day and he will need to do a good job otherwise there is no hiding place.

this season is about promotion. 

4 hours ago, fast_blood said:

1 hour ago, fast_blood said:

I understand zlamal isn't exactly Buffon but after the amount of points perriera cost us surely he, or even Doyle, would have been better. 

Either way, we can't change what happened but sacking Neilson is not the answer. Whether performances have been convincing or not, we are sitting clear at the top and promotion is a the target, not how convincingly it is achieved. 

We can't even use our last championship campaign as comparison as things were totally different. We even had some insipid performances against hibs and rangers that season. 

Aye he's that much better that our current manager has loaned out Doyle, and Bobby is third choice 😂😂 give your arse a rest man. 

Guy was destined to fail after Potter left him with crap ☺. 

4 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

And if Kingsley and Wighton score Robbie wins cup as manager. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s this in a nutshell, the transfer to FOH will take place. Someone new will be running the club day to day and he will need to do a good job otherwise there is no hiding place.

FOH’s takeover will make zero difference to the running of the club. You’ll see very little tangible change. Sad but true.

Any coach could have got us out of this league, which is why we should have gone for someone who could fit into a credible, longer term plan. Instead we appointed one of the only two people in the world who Budge can bring herself to employ.

2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I quite liked Moncur but he didn’t get on with Mercer. Tony Ford wasn’t so good though. 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

FOH’s takeover will make zero difference to the running of the club. You’ll see very little tangible change. Sad but true.

Any coach could have got us out of this league, which is why we should have gone for someone who could fit into a credible, longer term plan. Instead we appointed one of the only two people in the world who Budge can bring herself to employ.

Correct 👍

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Instead we appointed one of the only two people in the world who Budge can bring herself to employ.

Apart from Cathro and Stendel. 

30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And hopefully it’s done with no fuss. None of this players celebrating with the championship trophy. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Cathro Levein, Stendel fan driven 👍 after the club seen it mentioned on kickback from a poster on here. 

The Apprentice
42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye he's that much better that our current manager has loaned out Doyle, and Bobby is third choice 😂😂 give your arse a rest man. 

Guy was destined to fail after Potter left him with crap ☺. 

Ah. So you are happy to back Neilson's judgement and managerial abilities here when it means you can back Stendel?

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Disagree on the FOH front. That depends very much on the individual elected to run the club day to day. That individual will need to earn re-election so delivering on the pitch will be key.

On Robbie - there is no long term consideration.

If a manager at our level succeeds then we will lose him to a bigger club, if he fails we will sack him.

99% of the time managers last for about 2/3 seasons.  He was the right appointment for the circumstances we found ourselves in.  The club wanted a manager who could work with what we had and GUARANTEE promotion. Stendel was neither of those things

whilst Robbie isn’t setting the heather on fire it’s not a a disaster. We will achieve our #1 objective with room to spare 

Note: the one exception to this is Derek McInnes. But Aberdeen would have lost him if they hadn’t paid him £800k per annum.. now they can’t afford to pay him off or he’d be gone. I would never advocate hearts paying a manager in excess of £15k per week 

Edited by kingantti1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a more through-gritted-teeth appointment than Stendel. Or appointments made with less vision than Levein or Neilson. It’s an indisputable fact that Budge is lost without comfort blankets

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )