Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

maroonplatoon87
9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Nobody 'shat it' and her legacy as it stands is far from an embarrassment.

When Ann Budge/the board appointed Robbie Neilson as manager they appointed a guy who had past experience of managing Hearts, who has twice as a manager won the division Hearts are currently competing in, and who has previously led Hearts to a third place finish in the top division. 

It's really not difficult to see why he was viewed as a safe pair of hands and a good candidate to get us out of the Championship at the first time of asking. Which was the immediate priority for Ann Budge/the board once our fate was sealed last summer.

I get that some supporters were hoping for a more imaginative or original appointment as manager, but I can totally understand why the people running the club opted for Robbie Neilson. Given that Hearts are a mile ahead at the top of the league and very nearly won the Scottish Cup this season, Ann Budge/the board are probably feeling quite vindicated in their decision at this point. And they have every right to feel that way. 

Neilson has been a poor manager since the day he left Hearts for the dizzy heights of MK Dons....

Budge has taken us back to the championship, ONE crack at Europe, a stand which is unfinished and £10m over budget and turned Tynecastle into a morgue.

Not to mention her biggest error in sticking by Levein for nearly a year to long, disgraceful action. Oh and then taking 6 weeks to appoint Stendel! 6 weeks where we may have picked up enough points to be clear of the relegation zone, only to then totally unprofessionally sack the guy.

And to then loan a player to St Mirren..... yet another decision to anger the fans

I agree she stepped in and saved us and that can’t be forgotten but that can’t blind the fact we have been a shambolic team on the park under this regime bar one season from 7. 

Come back in a year when we’re languishing in 8th or 9th

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just watched motd.

All top clubs vary their game and not averse to the long through ball.

Vardy, love the guy, pace to burn thrives on the through ball. Don't laugh, but we had Wighton, who could have been used for this. We have no other to play this way.

Maybe Henderson.

We are trying  to get wingers to cross the ball to Gnando, when fit. This is where we badly need Haring or similar to give us more threat. Badly missing Haring completely. 

How do you play a long through ball against teams sitting extremely deep

in a 4-5-1.

Not possible

Glamorgan Jambo

The team needs more pace full stop. Not just to hit teams on the break but to harry opposition defences and midfields. Pace is most generally an attribute of younger players. The one young player that regularly starts for us (Irving) has plenty of strengths but pace isn’t one of them. I’d start McAneff and Henderson for the next 3 or 4 games if I was Neilson.

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

in a 4-5-1.

Not possible

The way Boyce was coming so deep it was more like a 4-6-0

Hmmm...that sounds familiar 🤔

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The way Boyce was coming so deep it was more like a 4-6-0

Hmmm...that sounds familiar 🤔

I’m pretty sure Robbie was not telling him to do that, that doesn’t mean he isn’t due criticism as he got it wrong imo.

We have to accept what the opposition are doing and give credit when due. Hearts have played 4-5-1 to great affect against better opposition many time during my life, it works and it’s a nightmare to play against. There is no space in behind, the benefits of outright pace is nullified.. there is no “behind” to play into.

As you brought up the levein example go watch Bordeaux V Hearts.  A team we were no where close to on ability needed a wonder goal to beat us across 2 legs. There are literally thousands of examples of this tactic being a huge success.

what was inexcusable for me is retaining one up front.. if you are going break that system down you have to gamble more, get 3/4 players into the box all the time, full backs overlapping the wingers whenever that is possible.  you want midfield players to make runs into the box, players with a quick step to create a yard and taking a shot from distance so that they can’t stand off. I suspect lack of pace at the back is the reason we don’t do this.  To exposed to the counter but regardless we should go for it.

In 2014/15 we faced this many times, we had a wee bit of extra magic with sow and 2014/15 walker.. and were effective from set pieces with CP. once you score the game opens up. 

Neilson should be open to criticism, I do laugh when people expect us to play like Bielsa’s Leeds 😆 it’s just naive . We will

never ever look good in games like Friday. At best we could look effective

Edited by kingantti1874

When RN sees there are problems why doesn’t he fix them. It was obvious after the Dunfermline game that we weren’t creating enough yet we still had to suffer 180 minutes of football after that where we needed two penalties to salvage points. Same with Berra, clear he was struggling and bang out of form yet we need an injury to see him replaced. Same with Naismith, he could still do a fantastic job at this level, yet we play him in midfield or as second striker, where because our midfield pair sit so deep, he has to drop into midfield anyway. Same with the formation, he said two weeks ago he thought 4-3-3 is the formation that suited us best. Why not play it then?

Edited by GinRummy

58 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

in a 4-5-1.

Not possible

They don't sit deep all game, there all opportunities for an over top/through ball over 90mins.

Edited by Tommy Brown

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m pretty sure Robbie was not telling him to do that, that doesn’t mean he isn’t due criticism as he got it wrong imo.

We have to accept what the opposition are doing and give credit when due. Hearts have played 4-5-1 to great affect against better opposition many time during my life, it works and it’s a nightmare to play against. There is no space in behind, the benefits of outright pace is nullified.. there is no “behind” to play into.

As you brought up the levein example go watch Bordeaux V Hearts.  A team we were no where close to on ability needed a wonder goal to beat us across 2 legs. There are literally thousands of examples of this tactic being a huge success.

what was inexcusable for me is retaining one up front.. if you are going break that system down you have to gamble more, get 3/4 players into the box all the time, full backs overlapping the wingers whenever that is possible.  you want midfield players to make runs into the box, players with a quick step to create a yard and taking a shot from distance so that they can’t stand off. I suspect lack of pace at the back is the reason we don’t do this.  To exposed to the counter but regardless we should go for it.

In 2014/15 we faced this many times, we had a wee bit of extra magic with sow and 2014/15 walker.. and were effective from set pieces with CP. once you score the game opens up. 

Neilson should be open to criticism, I do laugh when people expect us to play like Bielsa’s Leeds 😆 it’s just naive . We will

All lot of good balanced comments made here.

Just one minor point.....I don't see why we can't play like Leeds. After all it was the formula that worked well for them last season!

This season, despite the adversity was an opportunity for Hearts, Neilson in particular to throw a bit caution to the wind. After all, we mostly agree that this is the poorest championship in years with the part time teams being hit hardest in terms of fitness and preparation.

Neilson, especially away from home has made a rod for his own back and in some ways has deservedly brought on his criticism.
His post match comments also does no credit to him or Hearts.

I won't hide the fact...I don't like Neilson, never have!......However, he had a chance to redeem, and endear himself, "so far" he has failed to capitalise on that opportunity.

If we are all complaining about the usual stuff in this championship year....What is next year going to be like when the going gets a lot tougher?   

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

They don't sit deep all game, there all opportunities for an over top/through ball over 90mins.

They sit deep for a lot of the game though. The whole attack is dragged back because the central midfielders don’t get far enough up the pitch often enough. Boyce is isolated too often or too far back. This wouldn’t be as much of a problem if we had two effective wingers but our wingers have been poor. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

I think "relegation" was an opportunity for budge to get rid of stendel and his team, plus reduce our costs due to the pandemic. I would imagine stendel and his team would have been on decent wages. Also, he maybe tried to rock the boat a bit and not the yes men she was used to.  So I sort of get why she got rid of stendel but would have been good to see how we would have played this season under him. 

I presume budge is a Hearts fan like the rest of us and if so, I can't understand why she brought Robbie back. He is a limited manager and his team was so boring to watch last time in the Premier league. Boring, pointless passing across the back. He is a very poor appointment. Anyone saying "he got us third last time" either didn't go to those games or doesn't know anything about football. 

Neilson was a lazy appointment by budge. She basically appointed him as he is the only person she knows in football, other than levein. 

It's so frustrating watching us being totally mis managed over the past 5 seasons, despite all the cash we bring in, and allegedly being fan owned! You'd never guess. I've never felt more disconnected to the club. 

You think and pressume a lot, generally just make up stuff to suit your agenda. 

He did get us third, what is your point about that? 

You feel disconnected as you have made up a story in your head and somehow believed it. 

If you backed the manager and team you'd feel connected  again. 

We're top and comfortably so, get behind Robbie and acknowledge he's doing his job, then on promotion give him a chance to do what he did last time. 

If you think we played boring football on our return to the top league last time then I think you've lost all concept of reality and have a selective memory or more simply - dislike Robbie. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

We scored 3 v Celtic because they are struggling and they played open, trying to win the game. Same with Hibs. 

That was the case last season too. We beat Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers etc when the games 50/50.. didn't matter because we couldn't break down the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County. Any side that sits in against us and we seem to struggle. 

We had serious trouble last season breaking teams down, we've struggled in many games this season to break even lesser opposition down with what is probably a better team than last season. 

Same issues seem to still trouble us. 

The issue is still there but at home I've seen improvement. 

Last season imo we wouldn't have beat Dundee or Dunfermline at home. 

We've improved on this at home, a lot imo. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

All lot of good balanced comments made here.

Just one minor point.....I don't see why we can't play like Leeds. After all it was the formula that worked well for them last season!

This season, despite the adversity was an opportunity for Hearts, Neilson in particular to throw a bit caution to the wind. After all, we mostly agree that this is the poorest championship in years with the part time teams being hit hardest in terms of fitness and preparation.

Neilson, especially away from home has made a rod for his own back and in some ways has deservedly brought on his criticism.
His post match comments also does no credit to him or Hearts.

I won't hide the fact...I don't like Neilson, never have!......However, he had a chance to redeem, and endear himself, "so far" he has failed to capitalise on that opportunity.

If we are all complaining about the usual stuff in this championship year....What is next year going to be like when the going gets a lot tougher?   

Ability is the answer - they have players that are 3 or 4  levels above ours. 

they also have one of the top 5 coaches in world football. We have to be realistic- if we managed to find that guy he’d be away.  No different to finding a top player. 

I can’t say I “love” Robbie Neilson, but I do defend him Becuase he has a little bit of credit in the bank for 14/15 and don’t think our players are anywhere near as good as we think they are, we have improved just maybe not as much as we’d have hoped.  We ve been rotten for years, a bloated squad full of old / slow players - I think it’s hard to turn that around in 4 months. I also think he’s been unlucky with some signings - Ginelly for example we looked like a different team when he was available.  He has spotted the problem, altogether different problem trying to fix it. 

Next season is the true measure for me. Judge him when we play our peers.. if we are bottom 6 after Christmas next season I will be 100% on board the out bus

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

3rd bottom ?

Last time he had us 3rd top and was in about that again when he left. 

Robbies tenure will rightly be measured by results it's not great to watch away from home but thats what you get with a team of journey men playing on astro in winter , measuring our style or success v teams that play in the Epl is laughable Queen of the South v Heats will never be Leeds v Man City😂

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ability is the answer - they have players that are 3 or 4  levels above ours. 

they also have one of the top 5 coaches in world football. We have to be realistic- if we managed to find that guy he’d be away.  No different to finding a top player. 

Yes, agreed!

However, I still think that we could adopt a faster "back to front" approach, even with our limited HC and the players at our disposal.

Player for player there are not many, if any you would swap from the current championship sides. Yet we go away and apart from an initial 10 minutes burst fall back into our old, usual ways......
Coaches get paid a shedload of money to be able to react to how teams setup, sit in......Neilson fails to react on most occasions.

We might not be Leeds, we might not have the best coach, or players......But on paper we are streaks ahead of everyone in the league. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Yes, agreed!

However, I still think that we could adopt a faster "back to front" approach, even with our limited HC and the players at our disposal.

Player for player there are not many, if any you would swap from the current championship sides. Yet we go away and apart from an initial 10 minutes burst fall back into our old, usual ways......
Coaches get paid a shedload of money to be able to react to how teams setup, sit in......Neilson fails to react on most occasions.

We might not be Leeds, we might not have the best coach, or players......But on paper we are streaks ahead of everyone in the league. 

agreed. There is no denying we have to improve.  

We need younger, hungry players eager to impress and ultimately leave Hearts for bigger things.. who put the effort in all the time

I don’t think we have the right balance at all.Too many Players who are closer to the end of their careers than the beginning. Who’ve made their money - and with hearts who have been used to losing every week. - I just don’t think it’s reasonable to expect that to be fully corrected in 4 months. Mceneff is the type of signing we need. 

do I think Neilson will be manager in 3 years? No I do not - but I do think we will win the league by a distance and he deserves a chance against our peers. He did fine the last time around. We just need a bit of stability then we can look to build on it

Edited by kingantti1874

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

see when we “skooshed” the championship first time around a lot of it down to the influence of levein - our first season in the premier league likewise

the championship season in particular one of the most important in our history control just handed to an indisputable novice while an experienced manager with contacts aplenty just sat back and let him run the show in a season absolutely vital to the welfare of the club :lol:

whichever of hearts or hibs didn’t get out of the league at first time of asking was almost certain to be there for three years as it was almost impossible that sufficient disarray would continue at rangers for 2 years not to take advantage of their massive budget advantage - we seemed to recognise this and massive credit due to all (including Robbie’s part played) to that success - subsequent events have rendered it close to pointless now though

3 years in the championship would have been a disaster for hearts or hibs - year 1 the fans increased backing due to siege mentality and novelty etc - that significantly diminishes as seasons go on - hibs looked to be heading for very very serious financial trouble until neilson gifted them the Scottish cup and gave them their biggest fill-up in generations

and for those who actually went to the games in the championship (I missed about 2) there were plenty games where we were absolute dross and outplayed for large periods by feisty teams up and at us only to run out convincing winners in the end due to goals in the last 20 mins due to teams running out of legs, Jamie Walker etc 30 yarders and teams missing vital chances at vital times - not unlike what happens in the premier league  in games against the old firm

we did have some excellent performances especially early in the season and excellent periods within games but the myth that we flew through the championship using “robbie’s passing game” to blow teams away is a bit of myth

and just in case folk are doubting the Levein thing - after we failed to break down Dumbarton in the 0-0 game with “robbie’s passing game” (a reaction to which was folk on here going nuts - check the match thread) in subsequent games like that on difficult pitches we played Callum Paterson upfront (like Cowdenbeath away) and then we signed zeefuik just in time to make his debut at Dumbarton - and both of these launch it to the the big strong man upfront worked a treat - textbook leveinball - and like a lot of leveinball (last couple of years being the exception) a successful strategy

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You feel disconnected as you have made up a story in your head and somehow believed it. 

We're top and comfortably so, get behind Robbie and acknowledge he's doing his job, then on promotion give him a chance to do what he did last time. 

If you think we played boring football on our return to the top league last time then I think you've lost all concept of reality and have a selective memory or more simply - dislike Robbie. 

So we should be top. This is a pub league. I am 45 and still playing and I could get my game for some of these outfits. Snatching a draw at Queen of the South does not bode well for the future and going by his recent signings, Neilson looks like he is following in his predecessor's footsteps by signing dross. Playing 2 holding midfielders and 1 up front against a decimated pub team?  What was he thinking? Just like Levein he is thinking too hard about this and giving far too much respect to these nothing teams. We have been beaten by and struggled against teams, a well managed Hearts side should be putting 3 or 4 past in the first half. Neilson is yet another in this long line of underachievement which has been going for the past few seasons. 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The issue is still there but at home I've seen improvement. 

Last season imo we wouldn't have beat Dundee or Dunfermline at home. 

We've improved on this at home, a lot imo. 

I do think we are slightly better than last season, mainly having Boyce from the start but I have no doubt we'd still be a bottom 6 side in the SPL because of our inability to break teams down. There's no danger we'd take points against Livi, Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone etc this season, as they battle for everything. 

Captain Lithuania

We are the biggest scalp in the league, the biggest game for every team. This is not like the last time where there was Rangers and Hibs for all the other teams to raise their games every other week. Teams will sit in, defend and frustrate us. 

No matter what Neilson does the same folk will always want rid of him. In fact, some would rather we did not get promoted this season if it means no more Neilson. 

55 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This is spot on. When you face a side who are intent on defending deep it becomes very difficult to simply rely on pace to open them up. However you do need midfielders who are keen to get in the box and score goals. That’s a major problem we have right now. Our wingers aren’t the type who bust a gut to score. Same with Irving/Halliday whose only goal threat are long range shots.

Another difficult we have is with Naismith. To be most effective he needs to be playing beside Boyce to help set up opportunities as he did on Friday for the penalty. However, he seems unable to restrict himself to forward positions and constantly comes deep to try to initiate moves, leaving Boyce up front on his own. 
The problems we face in these games are pretty clear, and I’m sure our coaching staff can see them. The challenge is getting players to adopt habits that are not natural to them.

7 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

We are the biggest scalp in the league, the biggest game for every team. This is not like the last time where there was Rangers and Hibs for all the other teams to raise their games every other week. Teams will sit in, defend and frustrate us. 

No matter what Neilson does the same folk will always want rid of him. In fact, some would rather we did not get promoted this season if it means no more Neilson. 

Fair points. The last sentence isn’t true though.

I think most reasonable and sensible fans will just have to accept that for unfathomable reasons there will always be a small but vocal minority that will want Neilson out no matter what. 

I suspect many of these will be fans who cemented their love of Hearts during the good Romanov days and therefore think it is normal for Hearts to be splitting the old firm every year.

The reality is if Raith win both games in hand, which is far from guaranteed, Hearts are 7 points clear after 16 games.

In 2015/16 Rangers won the 36 game Championship by just 11 points and in 2016/17 Hibs also won the 36 game Championship by just 11 points. 

Based on a 36 game season, our current form suggests a 16 point winning margin.

To put that into context this would be the fourth highest winning margin in the Championship since we moved to 3pts to a game in the middle of the 90s.

The others being

Neilson’s Hearts 21 points 2014/15 Ross County 24 points 2011/12

Hibs 23 points 1998/1999

Couple of 12 point margins

Plus...

Neilson’s Dun utd 11 points 2019/20 after 28 games

So if we give Dun Utd some more credit for the curtailed season, in summary we have a manager that is on track this season to have three of the top five winning margins in Scottish Championship history.

Yip some games have been disappointing and yip we all want us to be winning every game with free flowing football but we are playing on average pitches with no crowds against teams that are set up to frustrate us and the priority is just to win the league, which we are comfortably on track to do.

Edited by 77Mackay77
Edit

baron of ness
34 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

So we should be top. This is a pub league. I am 45 and still playing and I could get my game for some of these outfits. Snatching a draw at Queen of the South does not bode well for the future and going by his recent signings, Neilson looks like he is following in his predecessor's footsteps by signing dross. Playing 2 holding midfielders and 1 up front against a decimated pub team?  What was he thinking? Just like Levein he is thinking too hard about this and giving far too much respect to these nothing teams. We have been beaten by and struggled against teams, a well managed Hearts side should be putting 3 or 4 past in the first half. Neilson is yet another in this long line of underachievement which has been going for the past few seasons. 

Who do you play for?

14 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Perhaps for yourself, but there are some people.

Definitely not for myself. I don’t even want Robbie to leave. I do want him to improve though and I definitely think there is room for criticism at the moment. I don’t think there are any Hearts fans, not one, that would rather have us stay in the championship just so RN leaves. There are some very bitter fans though who don’t like Neilson. Just as galling to me are people who blindly defend everything he does when it’s blatantly obvious we’re floundering in the last three games. Probably the same people who were on here defending the Levein collapse (but I don’t know that for sure). It’s almost like some people see it as their job to defend the manager when massive warning signs are plain to see.  

Edited by GinRummy

The Grim Reaper
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't know, we can score 3 v Celtic in Glasgow but struggle to score at QoS, who we also beat 6-1 at home. 

Football doesn't work in a linear way like that, if that's the right phrase. 

We drew 1-1 at QoS so Dundee Utd would beat us by x amount. 

As I say, if we get promoted and do as well as last time under Robbie I'll be happy and Hearts will be moving forward. 

It’s just so dull though. Don’t you want a bit a bit of excitement? 

Hearts a playing on Friday night. You look forward to it all week and it’s another total letdown. I don’t understand how you can be happy with it? It’s shit. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's you who has the selective memory, or didn't go to the games, if you think the football under Robbie last time (or this time) was anything other than boring and unimaginative. 

From reading your posts you're either a. Not a Hearts fan or b. You're Robbie Neilson. 

16 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Who do you play for?

Sorry mate I was trying to be funny. I only play at a local level, but I was trying to say is that I am an average player and these teams are poor

Dusk_Till_Dawn
28 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

I suspect many of these will be fans who cemented their love of Hearts during the good Romanov days and therefore think it is normal for Hearts to be splitting the old firm every year.

:rofl:

I suspect they’re fans who think Hearts being bottom of the Premiership last season and now playing in the Championship is unacceptable - and are therefore critical of the people running the club and the consistently poor decisions they’ve made (like going back to Neilson on the basis that Budge can only cope with appointing either him or Levein).

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It's you who has the selective memory, or didn't go to the games, if you think the football under Robbie last time (or this time) was anything other than boring and unimaginative. 

From reading your posts you're either a. Not a Hearts fan or b. You're Robbie Neilson. 

Look at our wins, goals and league finishes under him

Top 5 in the past 20 years. Best in a decade? 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

in a 4-5-1.

Not possible

Exactly. Teams are not going to roll over and let us hammer them. They play not to lose. Even the best sides find difficulty playing against sides who set up to defend. Scoring first goal is crucial. QotS scoring before half time go in with a bonus. They come out in the second half and stick to a game plan. We had shots and crosses which were blocked by five or six of their players being in box.  The first 10 mins in the first half was all Hearts unfortunately crosses were sent into the box that required Gnando. It was also clear that as soon as a Hearts player had the ball QotS had two players on him. Damage limitation tactics. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I suspect they’re fans who think Hearts being bottom of the Premiership last season and now playing in the Championship is unacceptable - and are therefore critical of the people running the club and the consistently poor decisions they’ve made (like going back to Neilson on the basis that Budge can only cope with appointing either him or Levein).

Not one person has indicated they are happy with ending up bottom of the league. 

Curiously some pine for the manager that cemented our position there while slagging the guy who had the last  3rd place finish Hearts had and is currently reversing the damage done. 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ha ha. Yeah okay then.
it couldn’t possibly be that Budge has gone back to a manager that got us and Dundee Utd promoted at a canter and had us in our best Premiership league position for a very long time before he left.  

Ex member of the SaS

Robbie set us up to attack Celtic's defense, to harass and get stuck in to stop them playing. This is what other teams are doing to us. Our defense takes too long to make the forward pass and get closed down and play breaks up. The ONLY way to combat this is for the forwards and mid field players to make runs and create space and for the defense to move the ball quicker. Static players are easy to play against and while the defense tries to draw the opposition out they take too long and get closed down.

Playing two holding mids compounds the problem as they are more likely to pass back to a defender who is already marked.

The other problem is substitutions, the manager has to be able to see who is not cutting it or who is off form and change things to adapt to how the game is being played out

None of this is happening.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Hearts a playing on Friday night. You look forward to it all week and it’s another total letdown. I don’t understand how you can be happy with it? It’s shit. 

Been a few dull games, always will be. That's not a Hearts or Robbie thing. 

This year there has been more exciting games tho, lots of goals scored and conceded. 

Not dull. 

In fact, I want more dull 1/2- 0 wins. 

The sc final was the least dull game I've seen in years, possibly ever given what was at stake. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Ha ha. Yeah okay then.
it couldn’t possibly be that Budge has gone back to a manager that got us and Dundee Utd promoted at a canter and had us in our best Premiership league position for a very long time before he left.  

Can't be that..... 🙄

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Been a few dull games, always will be. That's not a Hearts or Robbie thing. 

This year there has been more exciting games tho, lots of goals scored and conceded. 

Not dull. 

In fact, I want more dull 1/2- 0 wins. 

The sc final was the least dull game I've seen in years, possibly ever given what was at stake. 

These exciting games you mention, would they be games where we lost the first goal and panic mode set in and we stepped up to win? We should not be playing games in this style against teams with less than half our talent or budget.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I do think we are slightly better than last season, mainly having Boyce from the start but I have no doubt we'd still be a bottom 6 side in the SPL because of our inability to break teams down. There's no danger we'd take points against Livi, Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone etc this season, as they battle for everything. 

I think we'd be winning most hone games and having watched hibs, Aberdeen and Utd we could easily be around them. 

Also, Robbie has a track record with us for doing just that with us. 

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

It takes two sides to make a game. It is usually the home side who make the running. Unfortunately in our last three games we have been up against teams set up not to lose. Because they are trying to stay in this league or  get into playoff places. Also the last two Friday night games have been played in terrible weather conditions which affects the attacking team more than those defending. 

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Good idea, all we need is the same budget as the OF

Or a coach that can play that style?. 

Brentford, Barnsley, Leeds, Brighton, Fulham, 

To put it into context Leeds have had their strongest centre half pairing, out for large parts of the season they are a newly promoted team. 

Their back four currently cost them £5.4 mil , Alioski, Struijk, Cooper, Ayling, 

Newells old boys, play attacking football no matter who is manager, it's their philosophy. 

I don't agree with you that we can't play that week in week out. 

It's what the fans want, a packed Tynecastle with entertaining Football. 

baron of ness
22 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Sorry mate I was trying to be funny. I only play at a local level, but I was trying to say is that I am an average player and these teams are poor

That's ok mate, just need to get back to the games so we can get behind the team .

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

These exciting games you mention, would they be games where we lost the first goal and panic mode set in and we stepped up to win? We should not be playing games in this style against teams with less than half our talent or budget.

There has been poor games, yes, but the league is there for a purpose. 

If you go in the huff after every draw or defeat to teams you think we should be beating you'll always be angry. 

We've never constantly won away v all the  teams that comes under your bracket of less budget. 

We have however finished above them more often than not, Robbie is doing that now and done it in his 2 full seasons with us. 

The exception is hibs, we beat them more despite equalish budgets. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Or a coach that can play that style?. 

Brentford, Barnsley, Leeds, Brighton, Fulham, 

To put it into context Leeds have had their strongest centre half pairing, out for large parts of the season they are a newly promoted team. 

Their back four currently cost them £5.4 mil , Alioski, Struijk, Cooper, Ayling, 

Newells old boys, play attacking football no matter who is manager, it's their philosophy. 

I don't agree with you that we can't play that week in week out. 

It's what the fans want, a packed Tynecastle with entertaining Football. 

Leeds who spent 15 seasons or somthing in the lower division. 

😂😂😂

Basket case of a club. 

Too much sky and football manager for you. 

Put the TV remote down and lap top away. 

17 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Ha ha. Yeah okay then.

Mid way through a season, and left to go to England third division giants mk dons, he also left the reputation of being the only Hearts manager to blow a two goal lead in the Scottish Cup, only for Hibs to go on and win the trophy. 

And his interview after the game he said it's a good money spinner, which was nothing but a slap in the face / puss to supporters that had bought a ticket to go watch that. 

And he wonders why the support is divided? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

Basket case of a club. 

Can i ask what your point is? And then when a manager that's knows what he is doing? Gets them promoted? 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

Basket case of a club. 

All the other teams i mentioned? , you know your that stupid, the manager your backing even agrees with me that we can play attacking football 😂

Just a shame he's not very good at it 😂

10 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

That's ok mate, just need to get back to the games so we can get behind the team .

Definitely. With you 100%

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

Basket case of a club. 

Leeds a basket case of a club wow has your head been up your arse? What are we? 😂😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )