Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

We will stumble to promotion this year, budge will give neilson the start of next season, we'll undoubtedly do rubbish, he'll eventually get sacked after about 10 games due to fan pressure and we've wasted another season and back to square 1 yet again. The same as we had with cathro and levein. 

I'm hoping the fan buy out goes ahead soon and we can start afresh with a complete clear out. Get a new management team in early and allow them to build for the future. 

the first paragraph is what will happen, although Budge would probably give Neilson 30 games at the bottom of the league. He’s one of the boys so he’d have to  pish in her mouth to get sacked.

The buy-out will make no difference sadly because our FOH reps are a mile up Budge’s ringpiece and don’t have the stones or the inclination to push for a clear out

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

45 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Correct but I'm not really bothered about performances in this tin pot league.  Its just about getting out of it.  There were some encouraging signs when we came up against Hibs and Celtic in the SC. 

Only encouraging if you discount the first 45minutes in those games.

50 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He has showed very very little to me that shows he deserves next week never mind next season.

Spot on Gambo.

This is fast becoming a re run of the horror show that was Craig Levein's tenure. I have little expectation that Budge will act in a decisive manner and swing the axe before things get any worse, if that is possible.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This club will not progress until every part of the Levein era, is gone and that includes Robbie. 

With every passing week I am more of this thinking. He will still be here the first game of the Premiership season though.

Didn't want him back in the first place, was disappointed  but not surprised when he replaced Levein. 

Comes across as being uninspiring and dull and his team more often than not reflects his personality. 

Neilsons brand of football is the exact same as Leveins, slow, low energy and hard on the eyes, changes nothing, sure in the knowledge that one day it will  workout exactly as he sees it in his head. he's deluded same as Levein, he should be emptied ASAP.  

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Toy boy.... 

And folk try to say it's not personal. 

Deary me. 

It's a message board were people will use term lime toy boy for fun. 

It's you who is happy to turn it into being personal because that's a well uses tactic of yours.  

Your hater card no longer works 

Not seen you on other threads since last nights game.

3 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Neilsons brand of football is the exact same as Leveins, slow, low energy and hard on the eyes, changes nothing, sure in the knowledge that one day it will  workout exactly as he sees it in his head. he's deluded same as Levein, he should be emptied ASAP.  

Agreed but talks a different game, the way we play is not the way he says he wants us to play, wingers, fast passing, byline, crosses, headers, passion, he knows the way Hearts are meant to play etc etc so bit unsure why when we take to the pitch we do the opposite.

I'm still hoping it all click, 3 players who would be key to how he wants us to play weren't available last night, been unlucky but there is no excuse for the rest of them to spend most of the game passing about sideways and back..... jury's still out for me ...

12 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Didn't want him back in the first place, was disappointed  but not surprised when he replaced Levein. 

Comes across as being uninspiring and dull and his team more often than not reflects his personality. 

He replaced Stendal.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sandylejambo said:

Should watch the game again from last night. 

I put the first 25 minutes back on.

It wasn't slow,  absolutely opposite. If anything it was a bit frenetic. 

Quality was poor though. You should watch that part of the game again. 

Our final ball is honking, our decision making is poor, I believe that is players not bursting their balls to move and importantly get into the box. 

Also got to take into account, this season we are playing in a league of attack v defense and that never makes for a good watch. 

Man City v Sheffield United the other week was not the best viewing. 

I think Neilson should stay, gets results 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Marriott said:

Agreed but talks a different game, the way we play is not the way he says he wants us to play, wingers, fast passing, byline, crosses, headers, passion, he knows the way Hearts are meant to play etc etc so bit unsure why when we take to the pitch we do the opposite.

I'm still hoping it all click, 3 players who would be key to how he wants us to play weren't available last night, been unlucky but there is no excuse for the rest of them to spend most of the game passing about sideways and back..... jury's still out for me ...

Plenty of crosses into the box last night. Shit ones, but hardly surprising since nobody bothered to get their arse in the box 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Mate, you are at the wind up......Your arguement is both weak and thin......Stendel get's stick from you for taking the team from 11th to 12th place....pathetic!

Now listen carefully.....This Hearts team was in serious freefall weeks before Stendel finally came into the club. The malaise was already there. The rot was well and truly set in....Your argument...."Stendel took us from 11th to 12th".......Do you seriously think Pep Neilson would have reversed that situation back in January 20?......

I'm trying hard not to be insulting mate, but you sound like one of those North Korean propaganda agents who have been brainwashed into the Levein/Neilson footballing ethos.....
The frustrating part for me and no doubt many others is that we can all see with dismay what the future looks like with Neilson at the helm....Ann Budge unfortunately disnae!

Season ticket renewal time is fast appraoching.....Me and my mates are reluctant to pony up £500 to watch Neilsons brand of tippy, tappy fitbaw. 

Wrong, I supported Stendel and would like him to have stayed.

There is no stick or argument- it is a fact. He taken over a team 11th and taken it to 12th.

You listen carefully,- he never had to reverse anything, he simply had to stay 11th. That is all he had to do.

That part is just nonsense. Levein and Robbie are different coaches, different people- There is no "Levein/ Neilson footballing etho's, it doesn't exist. You made it up in you head and can't separate CL from Robbie, that is your problem and systematic of many on here that group CL and Robbie together. Strange.

Do what you want, I'll be renewing and can't wait to see us play again. Hopefully Robbie can get us near where he had us last time.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Jambo in Bathgate
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Should watch the game again from last night. 

I put the first 25 minutes back on.

It wasn't slow,  absolutely opposite. If anything it was a bit frenetic. 

Quality was poor though. You should watch that part of the game again. 

Our final ball is honking, our decision making is poor, I believe that is players not bursting their balls to move and importantly get into the box. 

Also got to take into account, this season we are playing in a league of attack v defense and that never makes for a good watch. 

Man City v Sheffield United the other week was not the best viewing. 

I think Neilson should stay, gets results 

That’s what I thought. We started off well and attacked at pace got in crosses but missed 6.4 striker or crosses were poor. Any team that are thumped ie QotS and Ayr in first game at Tynecastle are not going to roll over again. Same with Alloa after 3 nil in league. All these teams played defensively and stuck to game plan. Two players onto Hearts player when on ball. Last night had we scored in first 10 mins we would have won. Because they got their game plan going after that and scored thanks to a dubious penalty. That type of game makes the other team look good especially if they succeed in taking something from the match. Penalty besides they had no shots at goal to worry Gordon. 

Jambo in Bathgate
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There is no stick or argument- it is a fact. He taken over a team 11th and taken it to 12th.

You listen carefully,- he never had to reverse anything, he simply had to stay 11th. That is all he had to do.

That part is just nonsense. Levein and Robbie are different coaches, different people- There is no "Levein/ Neilson footballing etho's, it doesn't exist. You made it up in you head and can't separate CL from Robbie, that is your problem and systematic of many on here that group CL and Robbie together. Strange.

Do what you want, I'll be renewing and can't wait to see us play again. Hopefully Robbie can get us near where he had us last time.

👍

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Correct but I'm not really bothered about performances in this tin pot league.  Its just about getting out of it.  There were some encouraging signs when we came up against Hibs and Celtic in the SC. 

True but those are two of three teams (other being rangers) who will attack us and give us space. 

The other 8 teams sit in like QoS and Aye Utd do and hit us on the break. And they are much better at doing so. 

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You must see the similarities between the approach CL and Robbie take to football.

As DoF Levein was always going to appoint a manager who fitted his ethos otherwise it would cause way too much friction behind the scenes. That’s just common sense and explains why Robbie was comfortable with Levein’s input during games. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

True but those are two of three teams (other being rangers) who will attack us and give us space. 

The other 8 teams sit in like QoS and Aye Utd do and hit us on the break. And they are much better at doing so. 

They don't sit in as much at home v us, never have.

At Tynecastle it is a concern and my biggest concern over the past 2/3 years, in fact since Robbie left tbh. we struggled badly at home v teams sitting in.

Robbie had us pretty solid at home and winning games in the top flight last time  and that is the foundation of any team, not just Hearts to have a good season. We are scoring goals again at Tyne castle, alot of goals and won outside Edinburgh for the first time in ages, so we are heading in the right direction. Even got a hampden win under his belt as well now.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You must see the similarities between the approach CL and Robbie take to football.

As DoF Levein was always going to appoint a manager who fitted his ethos otherwise it would cause way too much friction behind the scenes. That’s just common sense and explains why Robbie was comfortable with Levein’s input during games. 

There is no shared ethos. It's made up shite.

Think what you want, in fact many have said the opposite on here and that they clashed a lot and that is also part of the reason Robbie left.

CL never managed us in the championship, so can't compare although Robbie did finish 3rd with us as did CL, twice in a row iic, that is the only ethos they share and hopefully Robbie can do that again.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There is no shared ethos. It's made up shite.

Think what you want, in fact many have said the opposite on here and that they clashed a lot and that is also part of the reason Robbie left.

CL never managed us in the championship, so can't compare although Robbie did finish 3rd with us as did CL, twice in a row iic, that is the only ethos they share and hopefully Robbie can do that again.

You’re confusing ethos with results. I am talking about how they approach games, and transfer policies etc

Saying it’s “made up shite” is disrespectful though 🙂

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You’re confusing ethos with results. I am talking about how they approach games, and transfer policies etc

Saying it’s “made up shite” is disrespectful though 🙂

They don't share anything, it is made up by folk on here. 

It's not disrespectful, it's nonsense. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

They do both of them couldn't spell attack, if it slapped them right in the puss. 

Berra than you
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

They do both of them couldn't spell attack, if it slapped them right in the puss. 

We have consistently scored more goals under Robbie in both his spells than any other manager in a long time. But he gifted Hibs the cup eh, so that counts for nothing apparently. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The goals scored column under Robbies tenures makes that a false claim, more nonsense. 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

But you don’t know what ethos means so it’s not really a worthwhile discussion. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

But you don’t know what ethos means so it’s not really a worthwhile discussion. 

Agreed , because it's nonsense. 

52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They don't sit in as much at home v us, never have.

At Tynecastle it is a concern and my biggest concern over the past 2/3 years, in fact since Robbie left tbh. we struggled badly at home v teams sitting in.

Robbie had us pretty solid at home and winning games in the top flight last time  and that is the foundation of any team, not just Hearts to have a good season. We are scoring goals again at Tyne castle, alot of goals and won outside Edinburgh for the first time in ages, so we are heading in the right direction. Even got a hampden win under his belt as well now.

Our first season in the top flight under Robbie was excellent for large parts of that season.  He actually signed some quality players (Rossi and Juanma for example).  The wheels came off towards the end of that season and of course that Birkirkana defeat was inexcusable.  But I feel the guy deserves another shot in the top flight next season.  

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, yennifrt said:

Look up the dictionary under Robbie Neilson and you'll find a picture of Craig Levein. 

0e5f01db54695e28cdc8e9090f465033.jpg

28 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

We have consistently scored more goals under Robbie in both his spells than any other manager in a long time. But he gifted Hibs the cup eh, so that counts for nothing apparently. 

So fans aren't pissed off because of last nights result and performance, it's because of something 5 years ago? 

Are really watching good attacking football?

Squad for next year currently looks something like this?

Gordon, Zlamal

Smith, Kingsley, Halkett, Popescu, Souttar

Haring, Halliday, McEneff, Damour

Walker, Mackay-Steven, Roberts, Naismith, Boyce, Gnanduillet

Doesn't look like Robbie is building anything very special.  It's an old, slow squad full of mediocre players.  Add the appalling return from Arnott's enormous spend on the youth academy and at the moment there's very little to look forward to.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Coco said:

Squad for next year currently looks something like this?

Gordon, Zlamal

Smith, Kingsley, Halkett, Popescu, Souttar

Haring, Halliday, McEneff, Damour

Walker, Mackay-Steven, Roberts, Naismith, Boyce, Gnanduillet

Doesn't look like Robbie is building anything very special.  It's an old, slow squad full of mediocre players.  Add the appalling return from Arnott's enormous spend on the youth academy and at the moment there's very little to look forward to.

How do you know thats the squad for next season? 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

So fans aren't pissed off because of last nights result and performance, it's because of something 5 years ago? 

Sacking Robbie won't change the last 5 years. 

Yes, top goal scorers and top of the league. 

You can't blame robbie for the shite football and performances, ironically since he left?

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sacking Robbie won't change the last 5 years. 

Yes, top goal scorers and top of the league. 

You can't blame robbie for the shite football and performances, ironically since he left?

There were plenty shite performances when he was here 1st time around, especially last year.

Sacking Robbie, imo, would give us a chance of performances improving as nothing I have seen this season gives me hope for next season.

What have you seen this season in the majority of games that gives you hope that performances will improve?

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How do you know thats the squad for next season? 

I think that's the players with contracts for next season

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There were plenty shite performances when he was here 1st time around, especially last year.

Sacking Robbie, imo, would give us a chance of performances improving as nothing I have seen this season gives me hope for next season.

What have you seen this season in the majority of games that gives you hope that performances will improve?

No point in argueing. 

Robbie has us top. 

Once we're promoted I hope he'll replicate the performances and results of last time. 

Time will tell. 

Either he'll succeed, or he'll be sacked and a new guy will be in and folk can do this all again. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Coco said:

I think that's the players with contracts for next season

We'll add to that and lose some. 

That should be obvious. 

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I give him slack as he was the last Hearts manager who was successful in the league with us. 

Generally agreed, tho. 

I'll judge him next year, so far we've been good, but room for improvement. 

C'mon, you are having a laugh.

2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

We also ripped up the championship winning team, and changed the way we played as soon as we got promoted. 

Got tanked by Aberdeen at home, bottled many matches away from home, played bauben as a defensive winger 😂😂

Signed Connor sammon, signed juwon, binned our captain ozturk because he had a go, at how we set the team up. 

If Neilson is such the manager you think he is, for someone that left us in second place, with Aberdeen having two games in hand, surely the next guy to come in only needed to make a few tweaks, here and there?. 

He left us with pish 😂 centre of a doughnut to kick on and challenge. 

And both him and Levein were responsible for that, you just have to look at how many players, we're recruitied **** up after **** up. 

Listen i don't claim to be a bigger fan than anyone on this forum, but if you think I'm going to stand their and see the team perform like that and not ask questions. 

What even is our style of play? what is the long term goal of the club?. 

We have an academy their that is first class, why aren't we seeing more talent coming out of it? How come when we do unearth a player he leaves for buttons, and they refuse to sign contract extensions?. 

Hearts have always been an attacking side, so let the players go out there and express themselves. 

This Robbie Neilson isn't the same one that won the championship at a canter, that Robbie Neilson changed as soon as the championship was won, and we got promoted we used to blitz teams in the championship, relentless. 

Players were fit as ****. 

And i personally feel Robbie can't give us the Hearts, we want and deserve. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

22 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Unbelievable comments on this thread. Queen of the South played to avoid defeat they get dubious penalty no matter what the so called pundits say. Boy stuck his leg out. By the way Irving should sign his contract he’s not going to get a better offer. 

Queen of the South played a very limited counter attacking game. I'm not one for blaming the pitch but they may have been taking the pitch / as affected by the weather into account. 

It wasn't a penalty too. Overall in terms of league position it was an okay result. 

The question is are our coaching team developing a good side. I say that takes time. It's still possible to question if we have the right people. 

Irving is discussed elsewhere. I guess none of the people complaining about Robbie ever were those saying Irving was a really good player. They can’t be. It would question their judgement. They can't be right about both. 

Edited by Mikey1874

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We also ripped up the championship winning team, and changed the way we played as soon as we got promoted. 

Got tanked by Aberdeen at home, bottled many matches away from home, played bauben as a defensive winger 😂😂

Signed Connor sammon, signed juwon, binned our captain ozturk because he had a go, at how we set the team up. 

If Neilson is such the manager you think he is, for someone that left us in second place, with Aberdeen having two games in hand, surely the next guy to come in only needed to make a few tweaks, here and there?. 

And both him and Levein were responsible for that, you just have to look at how many players, we're recruitied **** up after **** up. 

Listen i don't claim to be a bigger fan than anyone on this forum, but if you think I'm going to stand their and see the team perform like that and not ask questions. 

We have an academy their that is first class, why aren't we seeing more talent coming out of it? How come when we do unearth a player he leaves for buttons, and they refuse to sign contract extensions?. 

Hearts have always been an attacking side, so let the players go out there and express themselves. 

This Robbie Neilson isn't the same one that won the championship at a canter, that Robbie Neilson changed as soon as the championship was won, and we got promoted we used to blitz teams in the championship, relentless. 

:greatpost:

2 hours ago, yennifrt said:

Look up the dictionary under Robbie Neilson and you'll find a picture of Craig Levein. 

Dictionaries don't have pictures....

We blitzed QoS for 10 minutes yesterday and were a shambles for 80 :laugh: He got no reaction from the touchline, halftime team talk or his substitutes, except Naismith who was brought on far too late.

We're only ever up for the games that require no motivating...Hibs and Celtic.

25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot right on. 

I wonder sometimes that Robbie is trying too much to be a pragmatic thinker at a time when the fans are angry and want a team to go out and be *****.  We almost seem apologetic when we step over the line when we really want to us see us snarling our way to victory. 

He says he understands the Hearts DNA. He doesn’t at all. 

Berra than you
2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Fans can be pissed off about the performance and result from last night and rightly so, we were garbage. But accusing Neilson of being a manager that can't spell attack is just way off the mark. And the poster in question has countless times stated that as one of the reasons he doesn't like neilson. I'm not saying he's 100% the right guy and he should have done better so far. But his remit is promotion and until he doesn't look like hell achieve that then he deserves to keep his job.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )