Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Neilson did well first season back up. I remember at the time when we got promoted that even though he'd won us the Championship, i wanted a more experienced manager to take us that next step.  I then thought, no, that would be unfair on Robbie and he deserves his chance, and he took it. Fair play. However, that season, particularly the second half of it we were starting to play a more defensive style of football and some dodgy containment substitutions were causing problems. He was wanting to "see games out" rather than find another goal to take the pressure off. The hard work was done in the first half of the season. The following season when he walked away to whoever dropped their keks at him first, he signed Sammon. A player i have never rated and thought would be a disaster. He was. Too many defensive midfielders started arriving and continued throughout Levein's reign. Neilson may have had us sitting in third when he left but we were never going to finish there, not with the signings he brought in. I predicted mid-table at the start of that season and that's where we ended up. Although he did well that first season he was in one of the weakest Premier Leagues ever. Dundee Utd were on the way out, Celtic were too far ahead of anyone and Aberdeen finished where i expected them to. Next season though, it's a different thing. Celtic will improve, probably with a new manager, Hibs are as strong as i ever remember them being in near 40 years and Rangers are a different kettle of fish from the last few years. So here's the thing...if we struggle to compete, show enthusiasm, attack, lack appetite or imagination against Championship opposition, we will struggle big time in the Premier. 

As for your "willing to give Stendel a chance" remark....yes. Nobody can say whether it would've worked or not, even though you've convinced yourself that he failed, totally ignoring what he had to deal with as well as him saying he was shocked at the condition of the players for a professional football team then, fine. That's your opinion.. It doesn't mean i am correct or you are correct regarding Stendel but it does mean i am slightly fearful of what could happen after we get promoted.  

Robbie was hounded out whilst sitting 3rd, make no mistake about it. 

Planes, posters, bed sheets all over the city ripping the pish out him and wanting him gone.

And look where we ended up. A more tangible case of “careful what you wish for” you’ll struggle to find. 

what I find incredible is that Twitter is full of hearts fans wanting McInnes, because “his football is terrible but who cares, we just want a steady 3rd place” but Robbie gets hounded for his crap football, which is absolutely eye bleeding at times I agree, but it just doesn’t make any logical sense. 

Robbie will never win over some of our fans no matter what he achieves at hearts. That’s a shame but more than anything it tells me that while he’s here well never get real unity across the fans.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I liked Stendel, he might have been good long term. 

But, he was poor, taken us from 11th to bottom and he's not here. 

The cult hero status he gets over Robbie who spent 10 years with us as a player, a cup winner and who had us In about third last time is ridiculous. 

Tragic actually. 

Yeah, I understand where you’re coming from. From what I remember, we had turned a corner with Stendel then Hamilton went on a weird run of form beating rangers at ibrox for the first time in decades which spurred them on. I think our points per game was improving and RC were dropping like a stone so had the season been allowed to finish I’m confident we’d have caught them. 

Our form wasn’t good enough, admittedly, but signs of progress were there. I’d have liked DS to have gotten another season. 

With Robbie, I’m just not happy with what I’m seeing. I can’t see any structure to our play and he doesn’t seem too concerned with bringing in youth. Even at the start of the season with Irving, it seemed like it was more through necessity not intent that Irving was given a chance. The whole Moore Frear/Roberts situation has annoyed me too. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nothing to do with Robbie tho. 

If you read what I was posting about you’d see I never mentioned Robbie.

please keep up.

I know you have Robbie on the brain but do try to read all the posts.

thanks 

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Planes, posters, bed sheets all over the city ripping the pish out him and wanting him gone.

And look where we ended up. A more tangible case of “careful what you wish for” you’ll struggle to find. 

what I find incredible is that Twitter is full of hearts fans wanting McInnes, because “his football is terrible but who cares, we just want a steady 3rd place” but Robbie gets hounded for his crap football, which is absolutely eye bleeding at times I agree, but it just doesn’t make any logical sense. 

Robbie will never win over some of our fans no matter what he achieves at hearts. That’s a shame but more than anything it tells me that while he’s here well never get real unity across the fans.

I want Robbie out and I certainly wouldn’t replace him with Mcinnes that’s for sure.

Feel Robbie has got worse as a manager. Was doing the simple things well at first. But really is turning into Levein. Must sort club out top to bottom!

53 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You are right - but my point is who signs and trains this shower of unmotivated timid shite?

Correct. 

The players should have a long hard look at themselves but Neilson is their manager and the buck stops with him. 

If he can't  motivate and prepare them properly he is not doing his job right. 

6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I want Robbie out and I certainly wouldn’t replace him with Mcinnes that’s for sure.

Of course not everyone will, either would I. But it’s something I’m seeing more and more as McInnes looks less and less likely to win back the Aberdeen fans.

2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I've never said Neilson should be sacked, ever. I've said that there were loads of other options out there if the board were willing to go about it. I don't know about Twitter as i've never been interested in it. I certainly wouldn't want McInnes anywhere near Hearts....for the record.

Your point on Neilson being hounded out...nonsense. Even if that was true and he did walk because of what you posted, that would show him up as a weak individual who would bow to pressure. No club would want a weak-willed manager at their club. If i'm him i'd have been wanting to stay and say "get it right up yiz!" to the plane people and whoever else. I have my own thoughts on why he left. I think he was wanting to get away from Levein who, going by what lots of folk have said previously, is not an easy individual to get on with. The fact that shit like MK Dons came in for him says that he was willing to go to anyone to get away from Hearts. If he had hung about a wee bit longer he might've got a move to a decent club. Loads of managers get sacked at much bigger clubs down south and had it been me i'd have waited until the right club came along. He didn't, he walked. The real disaster about the whole thing is not Neilson leaving, it was not replacing him with a proven manager. If someone came in and been a bit more successful we would've all been going "Robbie who!?". Levein should've known better but didn't want to be out-shone by anyone else whom he thinks he's better than. Arrogance seems to be his downfall. He's always right, everyone else is wrong, and it's cost us big time in the last few years.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If you read what I was posting about you’d see I never mentioned Robbie.

please keep up.

I know you have Robbie on the brain but do try to read all the posts.

thanks 

It's a RN out thread.... 

Think you need to keep up. 

19 minutes ago, Squirt said:

what I find incredible is that Twitter is full of hearts fans wanting McInnes,

He wasn't : a few nutters made a lot of noise and he jumped ship when it suited him.

That's an exaggeration , to put it mildly.

We "ended up" where we did , not because Neilson chose to walk but because Levein appointed his toy boy as head coach , a guy who he openly admitted he'd tried to appoint even earlier. 

So what if Twitter is "full of Hearts fans". And even if it is, there's precious few on here talking about McInnes. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He wasn't : a few nutters made a lot of noise and he jumped ship when it suited him.

We "ended up" where we did , not because Neilson chose to walk but because Levein appointed his toy boy as head coach , a guy who he openly admitted he'd tried to appoint even earlier. 

So what if Twitter is "full of Hearts fans". And even if it is, there's precious few on here talking about McInnes. 

Toy boy.... 

And folk try to say it's not personal. 

Deary me. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a RN out thread.... 

Think you need to keep up. 

Yeh and hopefully he gets binned shortly before the rot really sets in 👍🏻

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

I've never said Neilson should be sacked, ever. I've said that there were loads of other options out there if the board were willing to go about it. I don't know about Twitter as i've never been interested in it. I certainly wouldn't want McInnes anywhere near Hearts....for the record.

Your point on Neilson being hounded out...nonsense. Even if that was true and he did walk because of what you posted, that would show him up as a weak individual who would bow to pressure. No club would want a weak-willed manager at their club. If i'm him i'd have been wanting to stay and say "get it right up yiz!" to the plane people and whoever else. I have my own thoughts on why he left. I think he was wanting to get away from Levein who, going by what lots of folk have said previously, is not an easy individual to get on with. The fact that shit like MK Dons came in for him says that he was willing to go to anyone to get away from Hearts. If he had hung about a wee bit longer he might've got a move to a decent club. Loads of managers get sacked at much bigger clubs down south and had it been me i'd have waited until the right club came along. He didn't, he walked. The real disaster about the whole thing is not Neilson leaving, it was not replacing him with a proven manager. If someone came in and been a bit more successful we would've all been going "Robbie who!?". Levein should've known better but didn't want to be out-shone by anyone else whom he thinks he's better than. Arrogance seems to be his downfall. He's always right, everyone else is wrong, and it's cost us big time in the last few years.

We can agree to disagree on the personal toll that the plane period let’s call it had on Robbie as it’s not as if either of us can prove themselves to be correct. You can choose to see it as being a weak individual and that has some weight to it, need a thick skin in football, but it was incredibly personal with certain sections of our support when it came to Robbie. Always has been and it always will. 

I agree in terms of Levein however there’s a paradox there in a way. Levein’s stubbornness and arrogance could be seen as being a strong willed, thick skinned manager who wanted to turn it around and say “get it up yiz” which as you say is what you want in a manager. Granted he just had **** all else of the characteristics required towards the end and a mixture of his arrogance and Budge’s hesitance to sack him has us where we are.

Putting Cathro in place was a gamble and we all knew it was. I’m happy to say that was just a gamble that didn’t work out and move on but when Budge then decided Levein should be the manager I do think is where it really started to go downhilll.

One thing that does get forgotten quite often is that Jack Ross was to be our manager after Robbie. That was the plan of succession and had that happened, as much as it pains me to say it now that he’s at Hibs, I think we’d have avoided the utter implosion that came our way and we’re still trying to get out of. It didn’t happen, we didn’t have any real plan B so we took a risk that didn’t work out and here we are years down the line still arguing about it all.

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Same as my last reply to another poster we can agree to disagree on the toll that period took on Robbie and I’ll not type it all out again.

Cathro, or Leveins ‘toy boy’ as you call him (weird, unneeded comment btw) was a gamble and we all knew that at the time.

Robbienks the safe option and people say that’s pish and Budge being scared to take a chance. The last time Budge took a chance on someone it kick started one of the worst periods at Hearts I’ve seen in my lifetime, so I could forgive her for being sceptical of taking more risks.

IMO it makes sense to just let Robbie take us up. Once that’s achieved I’d agree that, depending on the fashion he gets us up, that a change might well be needed to take us further in the premiership. But again, I can absolutely understand why she’s picked him to just get us up and get the job done.

50 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He finished 3rd in a league without Hibs and Rangers. The absolute minimum expected of a Hearts team IMO. Neilson is a cult hero for one goal and one tackle in 10 years. The entire rest of his contribution has been poor to average. 

Correct and people can't see this, he won the championship against the odds i give him full credit for that, but its a different ball game this time. 

5 minutes ago, Squirt said:

We can agree to disagree on the personal toll that the plane period let’s call it had on Robbie as it’s not as if either of us can prove themselves to be correct. You can choose to see it as being a weak individual and that has some weight to it, need a thick skin in football, but it was incredibly personal with certain sections of our support when it came to Robbie. Always has been and it always will. 

I agree in terms of Levein however there’s a paradox there in a way. Levein’s stubbornness and arrogance could be seen as being a strong willed, thick skinned manager who wanted to turn it around and say “get it up yiz” which as you say is what you want in a manager. Granted he just had **** all else of the characteristics required towards the end and a mixture of his arrogance and Budge’s hesitance to sack him has us where we are.

Putting Cathro in place was a gamble and we all knew it was. I’m happy to say that was just a gamble that didn’t work out and move on but when Budge then decided Levein should be the manager I do think is where it really started to go downhilll.

One thing that does get forgotten quite often is that Jack Ross was to be our manager after Robbie. That was the plan of succession and had that happened, as much as it pains me to say it now that he’s at Hibs, I think we’d have avoided the utter implosion that came our way and we’re still trying to get out of. It didn’t happen, we didn’t have any real plan B so we took a risk that didn’t work out and here we are years down the line still arguing about it all.

Why would Robbie come back to the club when the fans HOUNDED him out before? It’s not like the fans have gone anywhere. 

Your final paragraph is spot on. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why would Robbie come back to the club when the fans HOUNDED him out before? It’s not like the fans have gone anywhere. 

Made me chuckle because actually, the fans have gone since Robbie’s come back. But obviously I get what you mean.

I can’t answer that because I’m not Robbie. Maybe he thought it had all blown over. That we’d accept and forgive anyone after the shambles of Levein. Im sure the move suited Robbie for a variety of reasons but no one can point blank deny that the treatment he was receiving had zero to do with it and I don’t know why we’re trying to.

At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter anyway. My main view is that he’s here now, he’ll get us up and that’s the main aim. Let’s get back to where we belong and accept that we need to walk before we can run. As long as we don’t start ****img crawling I’ll keep my shit together for now.

Edited by Squirt

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh and hopefully he gets binned shortly before the rot really sets in 👍🏻

Hopefully he stays, get us to the top end of the league like last time and that he stays longer to build on that.

That would be best for  Hearts.

Sacking another manager and starting again likely means the club is doing poorly, I don't want that, so hopefully not. Each to their own tho.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I found it all very cloak and dagger on Robbie's return.

As i said in a previous post, i think he wanted out and he decided to go anywhere (MK Dons, outer Mongolia) just to be away from Levein/Hearts. Levein's contract was up at the start of summer and as quick as he's gone, Robbie's rocked up at Tynie with the obligatory scarf above the head shortly afterwards. This, at the time he was mid-preparation for Dundee Utd's Premier return. From what i saw on the Hearts documentary, Stendel was replaced before he even knew it with Budge saying she had tried to get in touch with Stendel to tell him but strangely couldn't get hold of him. Maybe they don't have telephones in Germany? As for your point on the fans...i don't believe Neilson left because of the fans and the plane nonsense and i'm with you on why would he return if it was the fans that made him leave. The plane stuff was absolutely ridiculous,  said so at the time and still stick by that. 

Quick point on Jack Ross....funny how he left Hearts the way he did as well. Common denominator maybe? Who knows.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hopefully he stays, get us to the top end of the league like last time and that he stays longer to build on that.

That would be best for  Hearts.

Sacking another manager and starting again likely means the club is doing poorly, I don't want that, so hopefully not. Each to their own tho.

Not every manager gets sacked when things are going wrong.

Burley being a case in point.👍🏻

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

You were the biggest Levein apologist and now you are Robbies

i honestly believe you like watching this turgid boring football.

This.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Not every manager gets sacked when things are going wrong.

Burley being a case in point.👍🏻

What point?

That it is a good decision to sack a manager doing well, that sacking Burley was a good decision at the time?

What is your case and point?

Italian Lambretta

Neilson stands on the touchline like a stuffed dummy totally clueless.

Wee Robbo would at least show some passion and make an effort to make the team play better.

Think the first problem is we’ve got such an old and aging squad, the average age for most teams we’ve had started this season is 28 plus, that makes us one of the oldest teams in the league, doesn’t help when neilson brings 30 year old has beens that can’t perform in the championship, his eye for a player is way to hit and miss, makes you think if/when we get promoted what is neilson going to do with signing players, he’s not been great so far with players and I worry that he might not be capable of signing the players we need. 

It doesn’t help this is the worst hearts team in 30 years and it’s not all down to neilson but his signings don’t give me huge hope. For me he’s not the long term solution for the success

of this club.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Neilson stands on the touchline like a stuffed dummy totally clueless.

Wee Robbo would at least show some passion and make an effort to make the team play better.

He's in deep thought about what excuses to use.

10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Correct.  👍

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What point?

That it is a good decision to sack a manager doing well, that sacking Burley was a good decision at the time?

What is your case and point?

Burleys sacking raised plenty eyebrows that’s for sure and rightly so.

Robbie being emptied now would raise some eyebrows yes but there would t be a lot of surprise amongst our fans other than the fact we’d be more surprised Ann budge actually done it.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Burleys sacking raised plenty eyebrows that’s for sure and rightly so.

Robbie being emptied now would raise some eyebrows yes but there would t be a lot of surprise amongst our fans other than the fact we’d be more surprised Ann budge actually done it.

:wtfvlad:

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s going nowhere until at least next season so your tirade is a waste of time right now.

This club will not progress until every part of the Levein era, is gone and that includes Robbie. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This club will not progress until every part of the Levein era, is gone and that includes Robbie. 

Sad but true. 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

True. We tried to give that a bash but some fans and the owner shat themselves.

Edited by Gambo

Not a fan of Neilson at the moment but he deserves next season when we're back in the top flight.  Anything worse than a 4th place finish then he should be booted IMO (unless he wins a cup).

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you acknowledge CL left us in a state and where wiling to give Stendel a chance despite taking us to 12th, but not Robbie who has in the past proven he can get us in the top 3 and has us top now. 

Cracking logic. 

Mate, you are at the wind up......Your arguement is both weak and thin......Stendel get's stick from you for taking the team from 11th to 12th place....pathetic!

Now listen carefully.....This Hearts team was in serious freefall weeks before Stendel finally came into the club. The malaise was already there. The rot was well and truly set in....Your argument...."Stendel took us from 11th to 12th".......Do you seriously think Pep Neilson would have reversed that situation back in January 20?......

I'm trying hard not to be insulting mate, but you sound like one of those North Korean propaganda agents who have been brainwashed into the Levein/Neilson footballing ethos.....
The frustrating part for me and no doubt many others is that we can all see with dismay what the future looks like with Neilson at the helm....Ann Budge unfortunately disnae!

Season ticket renewal time is fast appraoching.....Me and my mates are reluctant to pony up £500 to watch Neilsons brand of tippy, tappy fitbaw. 

Dreading the Morton game.

Really not convinced by Neilson at all at the moment. His tactics, substitutions and the things he talks about in pre and post match are a little concerning...

Assuming we actually get promoted at this rate - if Neilson struggles in the top flight Budge has to act sooner than when she did with Levein. But she'll keep giving Neilson all the time he needs, and all the transfer windows. The club is stuck in a loop and Budge is culpable.

Edited by kila

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Not a fan of Neilson at the moment but he deserves next season when we're back in the top flight.  Anything worse than a 4th place finish then he should be booted IMO (unless he wins a cup).

He has showed very very little to me that shows he deserves next week never mind next season.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He has showed very very little to me that shows he deserves next week never mind next season.

Correct but I'm not really bothered about performances in this tin pot league.  Its just about getting out of it.  There were some encouraging signs when we came up against Hibs and Celtic in the SC. 

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Correct but I'm not really bothered about performances in this tin pot league.  Its just about getting out of it.  There were some encouraging signs when we came up against Hibs and Celtic in the SC. 

After around 20 games in total this season and with the players we have, I think we should be seeing a lot more than encouraging signs by now.

1 hour ago, Squirt said:

We can agree to disagree on the personal toll that the plane period let’s call it had on Robbie as it’s not as if either of us can prove themselves to be correct. 

Personal toll ? But he still chose to come back to a club that you vlaim he was hounded out of ?

You didn't know it was a "gamble", no one did and plenty on here were moist at his appointment. Cathro's failings had nothing to do with Neilson so why people like you dredge up the old "careful what you wish for" chat is a mystery. 

It didn’t happen, we didn’t have any real plan B so we took a risk that didn’t work out and here we are years down the line still arguing about it all. There was no need to "take a risk" - the board/owner  shat the bed & appointed Levein to continue his disaster and we've been paying the price ever since. None of that has anything to do with Neilson's departure.

What is equally concerning other than the sheer boredom of our style of play, is that even when RN was appointed many on here, myself included, were underwhelmed by the appointment. Since then even more are underwhelmed, yet we are top of the league and almost won the cup. So what has caused this divide amongst the support so early in his 3 year contract? Simply the style of football. What RN says and what he delivers are miles apart and that is where I come in with my criticism. If he delivered the style he says he wants then great, but we are a long way away from that. 

We've got the rest of this year and most of next year as a bare minimum of Robbie,  if he gets us promoted,regardless of what any on here hope for.The notion of him being removed after getting us promoted is a definite non starter. 

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Mate, you are at the wind up......Your arguement is both weak and thin......Stendel get's stick from you for taking the team from 11th to 12th place....pathetic!

Now listen carefully.....This Hearts team was in serious freefall weeks before Stendel finally came into the club. The malaise was already there. The rot was well and truly set in....Your argument...."Stendel took us from 11th to 12th".......Do you seriously think Pep Neilson would have reversed that situation back in January 20?......

I'm trying hard not to be insulting mate, but you sound like one of those North Korean propaganda agents who have been brainwashed into the Levein/Neilson footballing ethos.....
The frustrating part for me and no doubt many others is that we can all see with dismay what the future looks like with Neilson at the helm....Ann Budge unfortunately disnae!

Season ticket renewal time is fast appraoching.....Me and my mates are reluctant to pony up £500 to watch Neilsons brand of tippy, tappy fitbaw. 

Spot on.

We will stumble to promotion this year, budge will give neilson the start of next season, we'll undoubtedly do rubbish, he'll eventually get sacked after about 10 games due to fan pressure and we've wasted another season and back to square 1 yet again. The same as we had with cathro and levein. 

I'm hoping the fan buy out goes ahead soon and we can start afresh with a complete clear out. Get a new management team in early and allow them to build for the future. 

south morocco
26 minutes ago, David Black said:

What is equally concerning other than the sheer boredom of our style of play, is that even when RN was appointed many on here, myself included, were underwhelmed by the appointment. Since then even more are underwhelmed, yet we are top of the league and almost won the cup. So what has caused this divide amongst the support so early in his 3 year contract? Simply the style of football. What RN says and what he delivers are miles apart and that is where I come in with my criticism. If he delivered the style he says he wants then great, but we are a long way away from that. 

That’s where I am too. His brand of football is torture to watch 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )