Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gonna concentrate on the facts, as folk get personal and I'm sick of getting telt aff. 

CL finished 6th, lc sf, lf final. 

Not automatic sacking imo. 

Robbies record is clear with us, he currently has us top. 

His past form suggests he can take us forward in the top league as he's done it before and nothing in the past or currently suggests that he can't do it again. 

It's a big hair to split Tbh, the difference between 11th and 12th was massive. 

All Stendel had to do was keep us 11th, not finish 6th or 3rd, keep us 11th. We ended up 4 points off 11th. 

All facts, take what you want from it. 

If folk cant separate CL from Robbie because of the mood then that is thier problem Tbh. 

I wasn’t really comparing RN and CL.  Just touching on your CL comments. And the season wasn’t finished under DS, fact. 

As it stands, RN left us with a decent PL record before he left. While performances aren’t great, he’s got us top just now and will probably get us up.

What people are concerned about , and is the job of the chairperson to have the vision to see , are lukewarm performances.  Yes, he’ll deservedly get the return season in charge in the SPL but we’ll need to be a whole lot more convinced we can be as good as last time.  I hope we can as the market for better players will be open to us.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gonna concentrate on the facts, as folk get personal and I'm sick of getting telt aff. 

His past form suggests he can take us forward in the top league as he's done it before and nothing in the past or currently suggests that he can't do it again. 

All Stendel had to do was keep us 11th, not finish 6th or 3rd, keep us 11th. We ended up 4 points off 11th. 

If folk cant separate CL from Robbie because of the mood then that is thier problem Tbh. 

You cannot just look at finishing place though. The year Robbie got us 3rd in the SPL after promotion, Hibs and Rangers were still in the Championship. So 3rd behind Celtic and Aberdeen was about right. We all know the SPL has the OF and sometimes Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts will put together good squads. The worrying thing is that in the years when any of those 3 have poor managers, they might drop into the bottom 6 but they equally might drop a league altogether. 6th is not a safe position in the SPL. It is barely better than 12th! We've proved it, last year, and so has every other team that comes 6th...

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you're ignoring the actual evidence then. 

Fair doos. 

I can tell by watching us that we are pish, if you need written down stats to tell you what you are seeing then I suggest football ain’t for you bud 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon 5

Smith 3

Halkett 4

Popescu 4

Kingsley 3

Halliday 3

Irving 3

GMS 3

Walker 5

Kastaneer 4

Boyce 6

Having a bunch of charlatans who are constantly producing this level of shite is why RN is getting abuse.

Ah so it’s not the pitch, the weather, the referee......it’s been the players all along.....the same players that Robbie signed, selects and prepares etc.

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

He’s hibs. Nothing surer. 

Only a Hibs fan would be happy with what they’re seeing us serve up at the moment.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Only a Hibs fan would be happy with what they’re seeing us serve up at the moment.

There are a few of them on here

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ah so it’s not the pitch, the weather, the referee......it’s been the players all along.....the same players that Robbie signed, selects and prepares etc.

I am no fan of Robbie Neilson,his attitude or style of play,but the buck starts with the 11 on the pitch.Too often they are an unmotivated,timid shower of shite who have no pride in wearing the Hearts badge.

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon 5

Smith 3

Halkett 4

Popescu 4

Kingsley 3

Halliday 3

Irving 3

GMS 3

Walker 5

Kastaneer 4

Boyce 6

Having a bunch of charlatans who are constantly producing this level of shite is why RN is getting abuse.

He signed more than half of those players listed.

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I supported CL while he remained in place until the 3-2 well defeat. 

I still don't see a 6th place Finish, lc sf and sc final as a automatic sacking for Hearts. 

I still wouldn't for any Hearts manager. 

And the fact is, CL left us in 11th, despite what many make up we actually got worse under stendel and ended up bottom. Another fact. 

Cl's tenure also has nothing to do with Robbie. 

I've also enjoyed most games this season. Scored lots, conceded too many, but in general decent viewing and we are well on track for promotion. 

The fact is Levein left us in that state and it was always going to take 18 months to get rid of the rot within the club, Stendel or no Stendel. We were already on-track to hit bottom spot. He got 4 months at most, got rid of the comfort-zoners like Mulraney, Berra and Whelan and wanted to make Hearts an attacking, enjoyable team to watch. Budge said she wanted someone who would work and improve some of the players already at the club, she got that. Clare, Bozanic and a couple of others bought into the way Stendel wanted to go and whingers like Berra were shown the door. He brought in Sibbick who looked better in midfield than anyone else, brought in Boyce and yes, had a couple of poor signings like Avdijaj and Langer but a 50% decent transfer window given the circumstances at the time. No-one can say Stendel was a success or a disaster as we never got the chance to find out. I remember that day when i heard that Neilson had re-signed. My reaction was "What!? You are at the wind-up!?" Next thought being "great, back to Levein-esque style football again!" Neilson will do enough to get us up, as would the vast majority of managers given the difference in budgets. I'm just not looking forward to our relegation battle, mid-table at best season i predict for 21-22.

10 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

37 matches since the last time we started back to back starting 11’s. Always worry about the oppositions strengths and never seem to try play to our own strengths. Last time round Robbie was innovative and demanding. Triple sessions, hiring oppositions parks to train on, relentless and fit. Now he makes excuses week on week, and pathetic ones at that. In his whole Hearts tenure we’ve only ever fielded back to back starting 11’s twice in the league. He appears to be too wary of this league and too easily out managed. Every team we play against will play 451 and pack the midfield. Why are we still so shocked by this. Every team treats us like a cup final, we are we still so shocked by that. 4231 every week, no width and no tempo. No goals within the first 30 minutes in any game in 2021. Take Boyce out the side and we are in serious trouble. 

Robbie was brought back cause Budge couldn’t handle Stendel wanting to shake the place up. He binned Berra, chucked Whelan, stopped the senior players missing training, made injured players be at the club on match days, stopped the training from home. He slaughtered the coaches and football department. He wasn’t impressed with the scouting and or recruitment process. He wanted it all changed, he wanted it all brought up to a better standard. Not saying Stendel done a great job, just highlighting what someone outside the “bubble” thought when exposed to the mess. Robbie won’t rock the boat. He’s safe. He’s friends with budge. He’s worked under her before. Robbie is a great guy and I want him to succeed. Why wouldn’t we want him to Succeed. He’s a hearts man, cup winner, likeable guy. He seems as if hasn’t learned a thing in his time away from Hearts. Lawerence Shankland was the difference of 18 points last season for United. His goals saved Robbie 18 points. United fans were happy to see him go. All of them have pretty much the same gripe as us. Dreadful football, mediocre away from home and side to side turgid game plan. 

So how do we judge the season. He’ll win the league and we will do so by a few points. Is that enough? It’ll be enough for the board as another season in that league would be crippling for us. In that sense he’s achieving his goals. Our playing budget is near £9million a year, I think that should entitled us to see some better football than what we see. This season should’ve been about building for next season. As it stands now, we need at least 4 players at least in in The summer to improve the squad. I really hope Savage is applying pressure to Robbie. We can’t keep wasting money every transfer window on punts and hopeful signings. 98 signings we have made since Budge took over. We average 6 players a transfer window. Rossi, Sow and Lafferty I believe are the only notable transfer fee’s we’ve received from players brought in. The other notable transfer fee’s we’ve received have all been from academy players, Patterson, Hickey etc. 

11 games left, 13 point advantage with Raith having 2 games in hand. We will get over the line by a mix of us winning enough games and the fact that the other teams will all take points off each other. It’s not going to be pretty but it’s going to get us up. 

Fantastic post mate.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am no fan of Robbie Neilson,his attitude or style of play,but the buck starts with the 11 on the pitch.Too often they are an unmotivated,timid shower of shite who have no pride in wearing the Hearts badge.

Having mr Monotone fire you up in the dressing room before a game and on the sidelines doesn’t help.

and yes I agree the players need a rocket up their arses but that fecker puts me to sleep when he speaks 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jambonian said:

The fact is Levein left us in that state and it was always going to take 18 months to get rid of the rot within the club, Stendel or no Stendel. We were already on-track to hit bottom spot. He got 4 months at most, got rid of the comfort-zoners like Mulraney, Berra and Whelan and wanted to make Hearts an attacking, enjoyable team to watch. Budge said she wanted someone who would work and improve some of the players already at the club, she got that. Clare, Bozanic and a couple of others bought into the way Stendel wanted to go and whingers like Berra were shown the door. He brought in Sibbick who looked better in midfield than anyone else, brought in Boyce and yes, had a couple of poor signings like Avdijaj and Langer but a 50% decent transfer window given the circumstances at the time. No-one can say Stendel was a success or a disaster as we never got the chance to find out. I remember that day when i heard that Neilson had re-signed. My reaction was "What!? You are at the wind-up!?" Next thought being "great, back to Levein-esque style football again!" Neilson will do enough to get us up, as would the vast majority of managers given the difference in budgets. I'm just not looking forward to our relegation battle, mid-table at best season i predict for 21-22.

So you acknowledge CL left us in a state and where wiling to give Stendel a chance despite taking us to 12th, but not Robbie who has in the past proven he can get us in the top 3 and has us top now. 

Cracking logic. 

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You are right - but my point is who signs and trains this shower of unmotivated timid shite?

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely that’s not what he’s saying to the players though? 

As maybe, but he's pulled this stunt several times already this season. It's straight out of the Levein playbook and I don't appreciate being treated in such a contemptuous manner - does he think our collective heads zip up the back?

I'd still replace him now but do accept that's a gamble but unless it went spectacularly wrong you'd have a second bit to get it correct in the summer.

Appreciate that's a bit risky though. He's got to be replaced at the end of the season though

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

So you acknowledge CL left us in a state and where wiling to give Stendel a chance despite taking us to 12th, but not Robbie who has in the past proven he can get us in the top 3 and has us top now. 

Cracking logic. 

Hi Tosh welcome back - we all missed you last night 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Levein went from March, win v aberdeen until September, win away to Hibs, without a winning a league game. That is fact, 12 league games without a win at a club like hearts is, well imo, an automatic sacking. 

But it's been and gone. I hope Robbie never finds himself on that kind of run with us.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I can tell by watching us that we are pish, if you need written down stats to tell you what you are seeing then I suggest football ain’t for you bud 👍🏻

Best in the division by a distance. 

Beat hibs and taken celtic to penalties. 

Last 16 of lc, knocked out by Alloa. 

Not pish, but room for improvement. 

10 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

37 matches since the last time we started back to back starting 11’s. Always worry about the oppositions strengths and never seem to try play to our own strengths. Last time round Robbie was innovative and demanding. Triple sessions, hiring oppositions parks to train on, relentless and fit. Now he makes excuses week on week, and pathetic ones at that. In his whole Hearts tenure we’ve only ever fielded back to back starting 11’s twice in the league. He appears to be too wary of this league and too easily out managed. Every team we play against will play 451 and pack the midfield. Why are we still so shocked by this. Every team treats us like a cup final, we are we still so shocked by that. 4231 every week, no width and no tempo. No goals within the first 30 minutes in any game in 2021. Take Boyce out the side and we are in serious trouble. 

Robbie was brought back cause Budge couldn’t handle Stendel wanting to shake the place up. He binned Berra, chucked Whelan, stopped the senior players missing training, made injured players be at the club on match days, stopped the training from home. He slaughtered the coaches and football department. He wasn’t impressed with the scouting and or recruitment process. He wanted it all changed, he wanted it all brought up to a better standard. Not saying Stendel done a great job, just highlighting what someone outside the “bubble” thought when exposed to the mess. Robbie won’t rock the boat. He’s safe. He’s friends with budge. He’s worked under her before. Robbie is a great guy and I want him to succeed. Why wouldn’t we want him to Succeed. He’s a hearts man, cup winner, likeable guy. He seems as if hasn’t learned a thing in his time away from Hearts. Lawerence Shankland was the difference of 18 points last season for United. His goals saved Robbie 18 points. United fans were happy to see him go. All of them have pretty much the same gripe as us. Dreadful football, mediocre away from home and side to side turgid game plan. 

So how do we judge the season. He’ll win the league and we will do so by a few points. Is that enough? It’ll be enough for the board as another season in that league would be crippling for us. In that sense he’s achieving his goals. Our playing budget is near £9million a year, I think that should entitled us to see some better football than what we see. This season should’ve been about building for next season. As it stands now, we need at least 4 players at least in in The summer to improve the squad. I really hope Savage is applying pressure to Robbie. We can’t keep wasting money every transfer window on punts and hopeful signings. 98 signings we have made since Budge took over. We average 6 players a transfer window. Rossi, Sow and Lafferty I believe are the only notable transfer fee’s we’ve received from players brought in. The other notable transfer fee’s we’ve received have all been from academy players, Patterson, Hickey etc. 

11 games left, 13 point advantage with Raith having 2 games in hand. We will get over the line by a mix of us winning enough games and the fact that the other teams will all take points off each other. It’s not going to be pretty but it’s going to get us up. 

Everything you said about Stendel is so true. 

As long as Budge is here we'll never get a real manager, just a yes man.

We need someone from outside Scottish football to shake the entire club up and make it run properly.

It'll never happen under her because she wants the nice safe option. 

Case in point: St Mirren. All the 'only Hearts' pish the club kept posting online then as soon as midden, who very gladly voted us down, needed any help she agreed to let them borrow Zlamal. 

They would have been absolutely ****ed without us and it was the perfect opportunity to win some support from fans, **** the people who ****ed us and really make a stand.

Instead she decided to go with the nice friendly option.

We've never been a 'nice' club. It just doesn't suit us. I firmly believe she's stepped in to stop us signing 'controversial' players in the past. 

Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey means feck all to her.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Levein went from March, win v aberdeen until September, win away to Hibs, without a winning a league game. That is fact, 12 league games without a win at a club like hearts is, well imo, an automatic sacking. 

But it's been and gone. I hope Robbie never finds himself on that kind of run with us.

Yeah, agreed. 

23 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The worrying thing for me was how positive McEnuff looked in his debut as a sub v Ayr, and then last night he came on and was passing the ball as square as every other midfielder we have!

Doesn't matter what players we bring in, it's the way they all turn out in the end.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You cannot just look at finishing place though. The year Robbie got us 3rd in the SPL after promotion, Hibs and Rangers were still in the Championship. So 3rd behind Celtic and Aberdeen was about right. We all know the SPL has the OF and sometimes Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts will put together good squads. The worrying thing is that in the years when any of those 3 have poor managers, they might drop into the bottom 6 but they equally might drop a league altogether. 6th is not a safe position in the SPL. It is barely better than 12th! We've proved it, last year, and so has every other team that comes 6th...

Sticking to the facts, 3rd is 3rd. 

Rangers and Hibs stayed down because we crushed them over the league that season and Motherwell finished of rangers. 

The rest of your post is just an opinion, if my auntie had Bawz type post. 

If we had scored 2 penalties this thread wouldn't exist, but we never and it does. 

He's not that good football manager. All the discussion in the world won't change that, so we just need to hope he somehow changes his personality and approach to the game.

Can you imagine how tight he'll get it when we're back in the stadium. This team and the manager will collapse.

4 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

5-0 loss to livi should have ended Levein but we stuck with him and it ultimately cost us 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He's not that good football manager. All the discussion in the world won't change that, so we just need to hope he somehow changes his personality and approach to the game.

Can you imagine how tight he'll get it when we're back in the stadium. This team and the manager will collapse.

Well we normally get the blame for players playing shite and the team freezing and being negative! Players  Taking the safe option rather than trying something different for fear of the fans getting on their backs.

what’s their excuse now with no fans there.

I think lockdown has debunked that pish that’s continually trotted out by some apologists.

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

5-0 loss to livi should have ended Levein but we stuck with him and it ultimately cost us 

I had erased that game from my memory, thanks for installing it again 😭

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The thing is he will get no time next season,the 1st inept or bad performance the wrath will come down full throttle.

I am not even sure the management and players are aware of how shite we think they are.🤣

magicjohnston

Dundee United fans I know, are saying all the poor performers currently in a united team dropping like a stone are all neilson signings and they are stuck with most for another good while it seems.

I think Robbie will come good, but the sooner we have this tinpot league wrapped up the better. 

Jambo in Bathgate
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cracking logic. 

Well said. Stendel unfortunately was the wrong appointment at the time. Yes his tactics worked against sides who played attacking football. Unfortunately like last night he got caught out by sides who parked the bus and caught us with long balls over the top. Robbie was the right appointment he has won this league twice and has a proven record in SPL before he left. We are 13 points in the lead this season. We do have hand wringers in our support. 

Ex member of the SaS

I have supported Robbie, but even I can't see how he has done anything about improving the team. His selections and tactics are baffling to say the least. Not going with a settled squad, not starting with our strongest team, not going with two up front when it's clear Boyce is not that type of player. I was convinced that Robbie's relationship with Levein was the reason he left, I was sure Levein interfering with team selection and tactics were to blame, yet here we are with the same turgid crap we have suffered for years. What I can't get my head around is Budge. She stated that when interviewing Stendle she had numerous applications, yet went for Robbie without apparently looking at some of the others on this invisible list. There were decent managers she could have had a second look at yet decided on Robbie.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Feel like shit just want him back 😢

image.jpeg.e15e0367085ef6577850787c3b6d34dc.jpeg

I liked Stendel, he might have been good long term. 

But, he was poor, taken us from 11th to bottom and he's not here. 

The cult hero status he gets over Robbie who spent 10 years with us as a player, a cup winner and who had us In about third last time is ridiculous. 

Tragic actually. 

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Best in the division by a distance. 

Beat hibs and taken celtic to penalties. 

Last 16 of lc, knocked out by Alloa. 

Not pish, but room for improvement. 

No ones that interested surely in this league and the fact that we’re pishing it points wise. That was always going to happen. Winning this league, let’s be clear, is not an achievement, it’s a foregone conclusion.

Cup games you can’t argue with. Beat Hibs in a coin toss we worked hard for. Lost to Celtic in a coin toss we also worked hard for 

Lost to ALLOA in the last 16 of the LC. You were clearly not as furious about that shameful result and performance as other Hearts fans were. It was unforgivable and ranks alongside Neilson’s other shameful results in cup competitions

The whole point of this season is to build and prepare a team for next season. I don’t think that’s going terribly well at the moment.

Edited by JimmyCant

4 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Well said. Stendel unfortunately was the wrong appointment at the time. Yes his tactics worked against sides who played attacking football. Unfortunately like last night he got caught out by sides who parked the bus and caught us with long balls over the top. Robbie was the right appointment he has won this league twice and has a proven record in SPL before he left. We are 13 points in the lead this season. We do have hand wringers in our support. 

So did robbies tactics work last night then 😂😂😂

Ex member of the SaS
12 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Well we normally get the blame for players playing shite and the team freezing and being negative! Players  Taking the safe option rather than trying something different for fear of the fans getting on their backs.

what’s their excuse now with no fans there.

I think lockdown has debunked that pish that’s continually trotted out by some apologists.

Fans feed of performances and when players are up for a game it transmits to the stands.  Those who blame the boo boys are only covering for poor players who won't shake a leg. When the players try the fans show it and when they are poor the fans have every right to moan. Blaming the fans for poor performance is a myth.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fans feed of performances and when players are up for a game it transmits to the stands.  Those who blame the boo boys are only covering for poor players who won't shake a leg. When the players try the fans show it and when they are poor the fans have every right to moan. Blaming the fans for poor performance is a myth.

I agree, maybe we should sign players with a bit of heart and dig rather than pampered wee pets.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The cult hero status he gets over Robbie who spent 10 years with us as a player, a cup winner and who had us In about third last time is ridiculous. 

Tragic actually. 

I think Robbie gets extra slack from certain fans because of his past with the club.  I couldn’t care less what he’s done in the past. He needs to get us playing better now. 180 minutes against two piles of shite and only two penalties to show for it just isn’t going to cut it. 

Not advocating he leaves, not supporting this silly thread and not underestimating the job he inherited but we need to be better.  He’s had two windows now, time to see improvements all over the pitch. 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sticking to the facts, 3rd is 3rd. 

Rangers and Hibs stayed down because we crushed them over the league that season and Motherwell finished of rangers. 

The rest of your post is just an opinion, if my auntie had Bawz type post. 

If we had scored 2 penalties this thread wouldn't exist, but we never and it does. 

Funny, I thought it was a fact that our last 3 league finishes were 6th, 6th, 12th...

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Funny, I thought it was a fact that our last 3 league finishes were 6th, 6th, 12th...

And 5th the season before that! 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tragic actually. 

He finished 3rd in a league without Hibs and Rangers. The absolute minimum expected of a Hearts team IMO. Neilson is a cult hero for one goal and one tackle in 10 years. The entire rest of his contribution has been poor to average. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cracking logic. 

Neilson did well first season back up. I remember at the time when we got promoted that even though he'd won us the Championship, i wanted a more experienced manager to take us that next step.  I then thought, no, that would be unfair on Robbie and he deserves his chance, and he took it. Fair play. However, that season, particularly the second half of it we were starting to play a more defensive style of football and some dodgy containment substitutions were causing problems. He was wanting to "see games out" rather than find another goal to take the pressure off. The hard work was done in the first half of the season. The following season when he walked away to whoever dropped their keks at him first, he signed Sammon. A player i have never rated and thought would be a disaster. He was. Too many defensive midfielders started arriving and continued throughout Levein's reign. Neilson may have had us sitting in third when he left but we were never going to finish there, not with the signings he brought in. I predicted mid-table at the start of that season and that's where we ended up. Although he did well that first season he was in one of the weakest Premier Leagues ever. Dundee Utd were on the way out, Celtic were too far ahead of anyone and Aberdeen finished where i expected them to. Next season though, it's a different thing. Celtic will improve, probably with a new manager, Hibs are as strong as i ever remember them being in near 40 years and Rangers are a different kettle of fish from the last few years. So here's the thing...if we struggle to compete, show enthusiasm, attack, lack appetite or imagination against Championship opposition, we will struggle big time in the Premier. 

As for your "willing to give Stendel a chance" remark....yes. Nobody can say whether it would've worked or not, even though you've convinced yourself that he failed, totally ignoring what he had to deal with as well as him saying he was shocked at the condition of the players for a professional football team then, fine. That's your opinion.. It doesn't mean i am correct or you are correct regarding Stendel but it does mean i am slightly fearful of what could happen after we get promoted.  

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tragic actually. 

SRB. The more I read your posts the more I think that your are just at the wind up. I'm even beginning to think that you are of a Hibs persuasion.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think Robbie gets extra slack from certain fans because of his past with the club.  I couldn’t care less what he’s done in the past. He needs to get us playing better now. 180 minutes against two piles of shite and only two penalties to show for it just isn’t going to cut it. 

Not advocating he leaves, not supporting this silly thread and not underestimating the job he inherited but we need to be better.  He’s had two windows now, time to see improvements all over the pitch. 

I give him slack as he was the last Hearts manager who was successful in the league with us. 

Generally agreed, tho. 

I'll judge him next year, so far we've been good, but room for improvement. 

6 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Don't agree, though the procrastination that led to his appointment was most unhelpful, i don't feel he was given a fair shake at all. Clearly he saw through the problems and had the energy to set about fixing it, clearly that jived against AB who patently wanted to stay the exact same course we were on. She has reset this or doubled down on this if you prefer by bringing back Robbie who to my eyes is a less intelligent(?), less cantankerous, less arrogant version of Levein - but essentially a clone.

I believe if he was still here we'd be in better overall shape right now. I think that we'd be looking at a younger, fitter, hungrier team playing attractive football. Points wise I'm not suggesting it'd be any better, you make a fair point that Robbie is well versed in this league but we ought to be building a squad for the journey ahead, lets be fair here anyone coming in to manage Hearts in this division has a massive leg up in terms of the resources at their disposal.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He finished 3rd in a league without Hibs and Rangers. The absolute minimum expected of a Hearts team IMO. Neilson is a cult hero for one goal and one tackle in 10 years. The entire rest of his contribution has been poor to average. 

3rd is 3rd. 

Even with that in mind, RN was the last manager to do the minimum by your standards. Why is that bad?

I'll start from there after the failures that have followed him. 

30 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I had erased that game from my memory, thanks for installing it again 😭

I’ll never forget that game unfortunately 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Donald Ford said:

SRB. The more I read your posts the more I think that your are just at the wind up. I'm even beginning to think that you are of a Hibs persuasion.

Please debate my points or if you think I'm hibs report me. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, 1874robbo said:

I’ll never forget that game unfortunately 

Nothing to do with Robbie tho. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nothing to do with Robbie tho. 

Livvy might have taken 5 off us last night 😩 we still have a result like that in our locker, unless you think it’s impossible because we’ve improved so much since then ?

I’d need to hide behind the couch if this Hearts team was playing Livvy away.

Edited by JimmyCant

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )