• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That Palmerston is a tricky place for our international players to go on a winter's evening. Too cold with a plastic pitch and opposition players that are well organised and try really hard. We'll be better when spring arrives imo.

🤣

9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Same here.

Safety first football until we sign Neymar & Messi : the Neilson way. 

Another "meh" appointment. 

Hopefully "The Benefactor" has his cheque book ready for the summer clear out. 

just call him craig nelson, to cautious away from home, last night it was obvious that we needed someone on that could make that telling pass, so why did it take him until the 80th minute to bring on naysmith. only boyce  worked his socks of with nobody willing to help him. as I have said before kingsley plays best with white in front of him an under estimated player on here. have been watching hearts for over 60 years, performances like this does not surprise me its the hearts way.

8 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

37 matches since the last time we started back to back starting 11’s. Always worry about the oppositions strengths and never seem to try play to our own strengths. Last time round Robbie was innovative and demanding. Triple sessions, hiring oppositions parks to train on, relentless and fit. Now he makes excuses week on week, and pathetic ones at that. In his whole Hearts tenure we’ve only ever fielded back to back starting 11’s twice in the league. He appears to be too wary of this league and too easily out managed. Every team we play against will play 451 and pack the midfield. Why are we still so shocked by this. Every team treats us like a cup final, we are we still so shocked by that. 4231 every week, no width and no tempo. No goals within the first 30 minutes in any game in 2021. Take Boyce out the side and we are in serious trouble. 

Robbie was brought back cause Budge couldn’t handle Stendel wanting to shake the place up. He binned Berra, chucked Whelan, stopped the senior players missing training, made injured players be at the club on match days, stopped the training from home. He slaughtered the coaches and football department. He wasn’t impressed with the scouting and or recruitment process. He wanted it all changed, he wanted it all brought up to a better standard. Not saying Stendel done a great job, just highlighting what someone outside the “bubble” thought when exposed to the mess. Robbie won’t rock the boat. He’s safe. He’s friends with budge. He’s worked under her before. Robbie is a great guy and I want him to succeed. Why wouldn’t we want him to Succeed. He’s a hearts man, cup winner, likeable guy. He seems as if hasn’t learned a thing in his time away from Hearts. Lawerence Shankland was the difference of 18 points last season for United. His goals saved Robbie 18 points. United fans were happy to see him go. All of them have pretty much the same gripe as us. Dreadful football, mediocre away from home and side to side turgid game plan. 

So how do we judge the season. He’ll win the league and we will do so by a few points. Is that enough? It’ll be enough for the board as another season in that league would be crippling for us. In that sense he’s achieving his goals. Our playing budget is near £9million a year, I think that should entitled us to see some better football than what we see. This season should’ve been about building for next season. As it stands now, we need at least 4 players at least in in The summer to improve the squad. I really hope Savage is applying pressure to Robbie. We can’t keep wasting money every transfer window on punts and hopeful signings. 98 signings we have made since Budge took over. We average 6 players a transfer window. Rossi, Sow and Lafferty I believe are the only notable transfer fee’s we’ve received from players brought in. The other notable transfer fee’s we’ve received have all been from academy players, Patterson, Hickey etc. 

11 games left, 13 point advantage with Raith having 2 games in hand. We will get over the line by a mix of us winning enough games and the fact that the other teams will all take points off each other. It’s not going to be pretty but it’s going to get us up. 

Great post 👍

2 minutes ago, whyskey said:

just call him craig nelson, to cautious away from home, last night it was obvious that we needed someone on that could make that telling pass, so why did it take him until the 80th minute to bring on naysmith. only boyce  worked his socks of with nobody willing to help him. as I have said before kingsley plays best with white in front of him an under estimated player on here. have been watching hearts for over 60 years, performances like this does not surprise me its the hearts way.

Henderson on for Kasteneer at 1-0 down says it all......Meanwhile, your most influential, club captain sits and warms his ar%e on the bench.....

Neilson hasn't got a clue!

Wonder what Pep Neilson master tactic he will come up with next week....... 

The problem we’ve had for years now is our brutal away form. I wouldn’t fancy us at any away game next season, that piles pressure on our home form and teams have sussed us out at home . Sit deep , frustrate us and we crumble, we have no clue how to deal with it. 

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

The problem we’ve had for years now is our brutal away form. I wouldn’t fancy us at any away game next season, that piles pressure on our home form and teams have sussed us out at home . Sit deep , frustrate us and we crumble, we have no clue how to deal with it. 

This squad will melt in a Tynecastle relegation arena. Very few influentual characters at the club, who understand the club, i feel. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Ex member of the SaS

I have said many times I support Robbie and was happy when we signed him but I am slowly starting to think Budge has made a big mistake. I think she saw Robbie's first stint in the Championship and thought he's the one to get us back up. YES we WILL get back up but in what state? He like Levein seems to worry about the opposition rather than his own team, his tactics show we are too defensive against lesser opposition and we SHOULD be attacking more. ONE and at time no one in the box when there was an attack shows why we are so poor. Get the player forward and get an attacking mid in there somewhere.

As long as Neilson remains at the club (Which I hope is not long!) this thread will have the potential to run and run.

It could reach epic proportions. There is absolutely no doubt that Neilson is just not universally popular as manager at Hearts.

A couple of results and this place quietens down, however you just know that the pot is just simmering and that the same issues about style, lack of application reappears.

The same arguments regarding Neilson are regurgitated again and again....Hibs SC, MK Dons, 2nd in the league, Europe and all that stuff.

The bottom line is Neilson will never win over his doubters, it would take something major for that to happen. And on the evidence of his 2nd stint the likelihood of that happening is ZERO! 

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I have said many times I support Robbie and was happy when we signed him but I am slowly starting to think Budge has made a big mistake. I think she saw Robbie's first stint in the Championship and thought he's the one to get us back up. YES we WILL get back up but in what state? He like Levein seems to worry about the opposition rather than his own team, his tactics show we are too defensive against lesser opposition and we SHOULD be attacking more. ONE and at time no one in the box when there was an attack shows why we are so poor. Get the player forward and get an attacking mid in there somewhere.

Safe appointment for Budge someone she was comfortable with. 

Another to the list of her inept tenure

Is there any Neilson lover out there who can come on and tell us what they are seeing that tells them he is the man to take us forwards next season. 

13points ahead in a piss poor league we would be winning with any of us in charge or what happened in 2015/16 are not acceptable answers, I want to know what he is doing now that has you so excited.

Edited by Gambo

The Apprentice

What worries me is that I don’t think Robbie has ever come out and taken responsibility for a poor performance. After sitting through that last night and then listen to him blame the pitch is so frustrating. It always seems

to be someone else’s fault, the pitch, the ref etc. I’m not expecting him to come out and slate the players one by one but at least show us that you understand that was nowhere near good enough. 

9 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

37 matches since the last time we started back to back starting 11’s. Always worry about the oppositions strengths and never seem to try play to our own strengths. Last time round Robbie was innovative and demanding. Triple sessions, hiring oppositions parks to train on, relentless and fit. Now he makes excuses week on week, and pathetic ones at that. In his whole Hearts tenure we’ve only ever fielded back to back starting 11’s twice in the league. He appears to be too wary of this league and too easily out managed. Every team we play against will play 451 and pack the midfield. Why are we still so shocked by this. Every team treats us like a cup final, we are we still so shocked by that. 4231 every week, no width and no tempo. No goals within the first 30 minutes in any game in 2021. Take Boyce out the side and we are in serious trouble. 

Robbie was brought back cause Budge couldn’t handle Stendel wanting to shake the place up. He binned Berra, chucked Whelan, stopped the senior players missing training, made injured players be at the club on match days, stopped the training from home. He slaughtered the coaches and football department. He wasn’t impressed with the scouting and or recruitment process. He wanted it all changed, he wanted it all brought up to a better standard. Not saying Stendel done a great job, just highlighting what someone outside the “bubble” thought when exposed to the mess. Robbie won’t rock the boat. He’s safe. He’s friends with budge. He’s worked under her before. Robbie is a great guy and I want him to succeed. Why wouldn’t we want him to Succeed. He’s a hearts man, cup winner, likeable guy. He seems as if hasn’t learned a thing in his time away from Hearts. Lawerence Shankland was the difference of 18 points last season for United. His goals saved Robbie 18 points. United fans were happy to see him go. All of them have pretty much the same gripe as us. Dreadful football, mediocre away from home and side to side turgid game plan. 

So how do we judge the season. He’ll win the league and we will do so by a few points. Is that enough? It’ll be enough for the board as another season in that league would be crippling for us. In that sense he’s achieving his goals. Our playing budget is near £9million a year, I think that should entitled us to see some better football than what we see. This season should’ve been about building for next season. As it stands now, we need at least 4 players at least in in The summer to improve the squad. I really hope Savage is applying pressure to Robbie. We can’t keep wasting money every transfer window on punts and hopeful signings. 98 signings we have made since Budge took over. We average 6 players a transfer window. Rossi, Sow and Lafferty I believe are the only notable transfer fee’s we’ve received from players brought in. The other notable transfer fee’s we’ve received have all been from academy players, Patterson, Hickey etc. 

11 games left, 13 point advantage with Raith having 2 games in hand. We will get over the line by a mix of us winning enough games and the fact that the other teams will all take points off each other. It’s not going to be pretty but it’s going to get us up. 

Excellent post mate👍

10 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

not disagreeing with some pf you points but what i will say if and when AB leaves so does James Anderson and he has pumped big bucks into our club and yes along with us the supporters. After she leaves we can only rely on ST money and FoH donations, TV, Sponsor money etc and at the moment the FoH money can only be used for anything other than players wages, transfers etc. So unless we have some brilliant players coming through from the Youth academy we could be stuck in mid table mediocrity imo. 

So we shit our pants to make changes at the club because James Anderson might stop giving us money!!

ffs it’s like living under Romanov all over again 

“ssshhh don’t piss him off or he will leave us and we are in the shit”

this club will be here long after Ann budge and James Anderson 

9 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Best post I’ve read in a long time.

Bazzas right boot

We are pissing the league as expected but there is room for improvement, as there is always. 

We can come back from  being a goal down, are winning away and competed with 2 clubs in the top 3.

Folk spitting the dummy out of we don't win every game need to get a grip. Was never going to happen. 

On promotion last time we ended up 3rd and were in about 2nd. 

All the evidence suggests Robbie will get us up and improve us next season, like he did last time. 

Everything else is just slavers, tears, snotters and in some cases pining fur a manager that did actually take us bottom of the top league, unlike Robbie who had us 3rd.

21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Is there any Neilson lover out there who can come on and tell us what they are seeing that tells them he is the man to take us forwards next season. 

13points ahead in a piss poor league we would be winning with any of us in charge or what happened in 2015/16 are not acceptable answers, I want to know what he is doing now that has you so excited.

I would love these folk to come out and tell us what it is they are seeing that I and many others are clearly missing? Is it the wonderful attacking football? 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are pissing the league as expected but there is room for improvement, as there is always. 

We can come back from  being a goal down, are winning away and competed with 2 clubs in the top 3.

Folk spitting the dummy out of we don't win every game need to get a grip. Was never going to happen. 

All the evidence suggests Robbie will get us up and improve us next season, like he did last time. 

Everything else is just slavers, tears, snotters and in some cases pining fur a manager that did actually take us bottom of the top league, unlike Robbie who had us 3rd.

You were the biggest Levein apologist and now you are Robbies

i honestly believe you like watching this turgid boring football.

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The ignore function works well for some people.

William H. Bonney
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There is zero evidence Robbie will improve us next season when he can’t even improve us from last season. 

Fxxx the SPFL
24 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So we shit our pants to make changes at the club because James Anderson might stop giving us money!!

ffs it’s like living under Romanov all over again 

“ssshhh don’t piss him off or he will leave us and we are in the shit”

this club will be here long after Ann budge and James Anderson 

of course the club will be here long after AB and JA and no we won't be shitting our pants if he goes but we will have to live within our means.

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

The Apprentice
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Whilst I agree there can be some OTT opinions on Robbie you cannot honestly argue against some very valid points on this thread and that there are concerns. There have been many good points raised that are not ‘slavers, tears or snotters’ as you put it. The failings last night in particular were all down to his set up of the team and failure to change personnel/tactics quickly enough and that has been the case a few times this season. 

The highlighted part I don’t agree with whatsoever either. You are referring to something that happened several seasons ago and the landscape has changed drastically. We are going into a (in my opinion) stronger Premiership for starters. I did not expect us to win every game this season however I did expect much much better than performances like last night. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

There is zero evidence Robbie will improve us next season when he can’t even improve us from last season. 

Exhibit A. 

He's done it before. 

Where us your evidence he can't? 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Exhibit A. 

He's done it before. 

The evidence is right in front of us. I don’t need a crystal ball to know how this will turn out. 

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Agree. To suggest we are pissing the Championship is nonsense. Maybe he was thinking about the last time we won the Championship or Rangers in the Premiership.
People have to realise We are playing the second tier of clubs in Scotland, most of whom struggle financially, with a expensive squad and are scraping out results. By any measure our league performance is dire.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I supported CL while he remained in place until the 3-2 well defeat. 

I still don't see a 6th place Finish, lc sf and sc final as a automatic sacking for Hearts. 

I still wouldn't for any Hearts manager. 

And the fact is, CL left us in 11th, despite what many make up we actually got worse under stendel and ended up bottom. Another fact. 

Cl's tenure also has nothing to do with Robbie. 

I've also enjoyed most games this season. Scored lots, conceded too many, but in general decent viewing and we are well on track for promotion. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Exhibit A. 

He's done it before. 

Do you think the pitch played a part in our performance last night mate? 

Exhibit A. 

He's done it before. 

Watching the games this season.

STB and a few others who I won’t name will slowly come crawling out of the woodwork after yet another woeful away performance and rant in about us being top of the league or look at what happened last time Robbie was in charge. 

No one expects to win every game bout in a majority of our away matches, even the ones we have won, we have barely created chances and their goalkeepers have had easy games. That’s what’s concerning. No cutting edge, no desire to get forward, just play the 5 yard square pass. It’s been our tactics most of the season and in some games such as Morton, Arbroath and Ayr we got away with it, especially Morton and Ayr when they showed zero as an attacking threat.

RN was a mistake to bring back

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

😂 you’re the worst person on this board for setting traps. You just make it so obvious. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

The evidence is right in front of us. I don’t need a crystal ball to know how this will turn out. 

The evidence is right in front of us. 

Robbies league record with us

1st

3rd

2nd when left( played more than Aberdeen) 

1st right now. 

You seem to be  going all trump and ignoring the evidence? 

Where is this evidence he can't take us forward? 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

1st

3rd

1st right now. 

Probably drawing with a team who were three points off the bottom of the championship.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah, we never scored first, were pretty flat in the final third and imo never went direct enough. 

Not a good performance Tbh. 

Leveins Battalion

It's clear what we lack,real leaders and drive.

Our centre backs are average at best,they can get roughed up too easy.

Halliday and Irving just dont work together,the balance is just all wrong.

I feel so sorry for Boyce,what else could he of done last night?absolutely no support at all from midfield,no one goes beyond the striker either.

Lots and lots to improve on.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 you’re the worst person on this board for setting traps. You just make it so obvious. 

Isn't a trap mate want to genuinely see what he thinks about that comment, as it's fecking embarrassing for a manager to use that as an excuse. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

1st

3rd

1st right now. 

Again, like I said, right in front of us. You can’t make presumptions based on previous regimes. 
He won’t get us to 3rd in the premiership this time around. Not a chance. 
If it’s evidence you’re after let me ask you this. Where’s the evidence that makes you think he’ll succeed? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

download (6).jpeg

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Isn't a trap mate want to genuinely see what he thinks about that comment, as it's fecking embarrassing for a manager to use that as an excuse. 

Surely that’s not what he’s saying to the players though? 

Nah, we never scored first, were pretty flat in the final third and imo never went direct enough. 

Not a good performance Tbh. 

Glad you agree 👍

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I supported CL while he remained in place until the 3-2 well defeat. 

I still don't see a 6th place Finish, lc sf and sc final as a automatic sacking for Hearts. 

I still wouldn't for any Hearts manager. 

And the fact is, CL left us in 11th, despite what many make up we actually got worse under stendel and ended up bottom. Another fact. 

Cl's tenure also has nothing to do with Robbie. 

I've also enjoyed most games this season. Scored lots, conceded too many, but in general decent viewing and we are well on track for promotion. 

But we’d finished 6th the season before?  What Hearts manager would get away with 2 , 6th place finishes in a row in times the owner actually put demands and expected a standard at Hearts?  Levein was actually in that environment in his first spell. 

Great getting to cup finals and we should be getting to and winning more, but your standards are set in the league where it’s about consistency, fans go to watch you week in week out and it affects the mood. 

Now splitting hairs from 11th to 12th spot?  We’d been set on that path long before Stendel.  

Edited by Debut 4

19 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

of course the club will be here long after AB and JA and no we won't be shitting our pants if he goes but we will have to live within our means.

And I’d be happy with that, it’s what most good businesses do.

10 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

This is really good post. I really hope Robbie is the man to take us forward but he is coasting as much as his team are at the moment. Last time in the Championship Neilson was trying to prove himself and his team were up for beating Rangers and Hibs to promotion. This time, it was like the opening day thrashing of Dundee was enough to tell them that they can win the league without really trying...

The worrying thing for me was how positive McEnuff looked in his debut as a sub v Ayr, and then last night he came on and was passing the ball as square as every other midfielder we have!

Edited by Spellczech

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

1st

3rd

1st right now. 

The evidence is before my eyes.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But we’d finished 6th the season before?  What Hearts manager would get away with 2 , 6th place finishes in a row in times the owner actually put demands and expected a standard at Hearts?  Levein was actually in that environment in his first spell. 

Great getting to cup finals and we should be getting to and winning more, but your standards are set in the league where it’s about consistency, fans go to watch you week in week out and it affects the mood. 

Now splitting hairs from 11th to 12th spot?  We’d been set on that path long before Stendel.  

Gonna concentrate on the facts, as folk get personal and I'm sick of getting telt aff. 

CL finished 6th, lc sf, lf final. 

Not automatic sacking imo. 

Robbies record is clear with us, he currently has us top. 

His past form suggests he can take us forward in the top league as he's done it before and nothing in the past or currently suggests that he can't do it again. 

It's a big hair to split Tbh, the difference between 11th and 12th was massive. 

All Stendel had to do was keep us 11th, not finish 6th or 3rd, keep us 11th. We ended up 4 points off 11th. 

All facts, take what you want from it. 

If folk cant separate CL from Robbie because of the mood then that is thier problem Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The evidence is before my eyes.

So you're ignoring the actual evidence then. 

Fair doos. 

Leveins Battalion

Gordon 5

Smith 3

Halkett 4

Popescu 4

Kingsley 3

Halliday 3

Irving 3

GMS 3

Walker 5

Kastaneer 4

Boyce 6

Having a bunch of charlatans who are constantly producing this level of shite is why RN is getting abuse.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

This squad will melt in a Tynecastle relegation arena. Very few influentual characters at the club, who understand the club, i feel. 

Just like the team that melted in our very last Premier league game against St Mirren! The whole culture of our club has been destroyed in the Levein era!

42 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He’s hibs. Nothing surer. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )