Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

The Grim Reaper
9 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Agreed. Robbie won't be going anywhere for a long time. 

Cba moaning about it anymore.

Passion for the club is draining from me more with every passing day. 

Not been on here as much recently as I've been bored into not caring as much as I should. 

I’m the same. It’s utterly depressing. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smith's right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• ToqueJambo

fancy a brew
2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Quite surprised tbh, with your name and avatar you always struck me as one of life's natural optimists.

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

The thought of them lifting the cup while Anne and Robbie bleat on about the achievement of winning the Championship makes me sick. 

We have absolutely no standards and no one is held accountable for anything. 

Anyway I said I wasn't going to moan so I'll put our joke of a club to the back of my mind where it belongs. 

The Grim Reaper
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Quite surprised tbh, with your name and avatar you always struck me as one of life's natural optimists.

Touche 🙃

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

The thought of them lifting the cup while Anne and Robbie bleat on about the achievement of winning the Championship makes me sick. 

Anyway I said I wasn't going to moan so I'll put our joke of a club to the back of my mind where it belongs. 

The last few seasons have been sickening.  

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Next season promises very little, either.

That's what depresses me. The unshakeable fear that it's already a write off.

No crystal ball, of course, but the dreadful performances, awful tactics, mind numbingly boring football and shocking results suggest it's likely.

kingantti1874
18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

What is it then? As I say every time, I find him vanilla. Could be better could be worse. 

I understand frustration, just not the level of, and going back to last night's response, November was a bit early, considering how positive December was in performances. 

I think a point conveniently forgotten, we were a Championship club, not many folk would have been interested, maybe still wouldn't,  and what can we realistically afford under circumstances, are Hearts a career risk?

So many aspects to simply dismissing, even after a couple of nightmares,  Alloa in the League Cup I bugged me more than Brora in truth. 

I was less than thralled probably surprised he returned. Anyhow hes staying, look forward to the day we go and get ahead of the other's, meantime maybe Steady Eddie, League anyway, is as good as it gets 

it’s the lack of passion he sends his teams out with.

It’s his belief that his pointless slow possession based non threatening football means anything 

it’s his constant excuses and refusal to shoulder the responsibility for anything

its is inability to learn from his mistakes in the transfer market

its his dull monotone uninspiring voice

its his acceptance of mediocrity

its his refusal to learn from his mistakes. E.g constant tinkering and inability to learn that playing players out of position is a bad idea

its his unbelievably predictable tactics despite the tinkering.

it’s his dismissive attitude towards criticism 

When people say he won’t change - it’s that they recognise he a manager of limited ability. He isn’t going to get any better - he is what he is. He is no better than tinpot managers at tinpot teams all across the country. He’s a man out of his depth 

Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

What a lofty height to aim at.......

It was only 2 years ago we used see outside the Top 4 was a failure.

Never said that was my aim,  I said he'd be sacked for not being top 6. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Which is a lovely comfort blanket for him.

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

No crystal ball, of course, but the dreadful performances, awful tactics, mind numbingly boring football and shocking results suggest it's likely.

He’s not good enough. That will become apparent to everyone but at the cost of another sub par season. 🙁

Hectormasson
40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A lot more sickening if they f.....s manage to win it, saying that FTh......and hope st Johnstone get through and f...k them make it a good summer for the fans ....

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s his belief that his pointless slow possession based non threatening football means anything 

it’s his constant excuses and refusal to shoulder the responsibility for anything

its his refusal to learn from his mistakes. E.g constant tinkering and inability to learn that playing players out of position is a bad idea

When people say he won’t change - it’s that they recognise he a manager of limited ability. He isn’t going to get any better - he is what he is. He is no better than tinpot managers at tinpot teams all across the country. He’s a man out of his depth 

It's spot on. 😊

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Liking 3 at the back myself, been quite a refreshing change. 

He clearly wasn't out of his depth last time, just wasn't. The League tables didn't lie.

Would also like Callum Davidson too, very well organised and incisive 

Leveins Battalion

If we were run properly instead of the shambles Budge has created we should be all over Davidson or even Goodwin.Instead we are stuck with Neilson.

If Ross left Hibs I guarantee they would go for Davidson.

Utterly sheeite being a Jambo under this Crowd.

Ethan Hunt
5 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Shut up and pay your money. 

5 hours ago, jambonian said:

The message is simply... get your wallets out and stop whinging. In otherwords....put up and shut up!. (And smile while you're at it).

Well there will be no more money out of me.

Ethan Hunt
57 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He clearly wasn't out of his depth last time, just wasn't. The League tables didn't lie.

The last time he had Levein handing him notes down from the stand and coming into the dressing room to do half time team talks.

There should be enormous pressure on budge and neilson if hibs win the cup again on their watch.  They will ignore it however and we run an enormous risk of being lukewarm at best again next season.

The line that the Alloa and Brora debacles didn't matter because the league was our focus is utterly derisory.

kingantti1874
56 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Logan was key to that system, he was one that he got right. We were all eating a bit of humble pie and giving him a bit of credit for a change - me included.

But bafflingly - we let him go. Now if we were going to sign someone younger and better I’d say ok fair enough but that doesn’t appear to be the case- he’s gone public saying smith will go back to playing on the right. 

Smith doesn’t have the legs, ive been saying it the whole season. His lack of legs and getting beyond the midfield have been a huge problem. A blind man can see that surely.  Then he compounds that bizarre decisons with an equally bizarre decisions to sign a keeper who in the event that we need him isn’t god enough. 

I don’t trust the guy at all. He won’t make it till Christmas.

Leveins Battalion

1st bad pass next season and Neilson and Budge will be turned on.

Relationship cannot be repaired imo.

ScottieMac17
10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The last time he had Levein handing him notes down from the stand and coming into the dressing room to do half time team talks.

Pretty sure it was Cathro that Levein passed notes to and went into the changing rooms not Neilson.

3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Again, who set the top 6 aim?  Was this a mutual agreement by Budge and Neilson? Or Budge’s low standards and ambition forwarded to Neilson?......  

Or, have we again got the management telling the board what to expect?

This is what a hell of a lot of Hearts fans talk about when they say everything has to come from the top.  The push in standards, the expectancy laid out for the manager to aspire to....but it’s worrying though if the person at the top isn’t driving those standards above and beyond and simply accepting “getting by” on the park.  

This is when the management get no pressure put on them. A grey area of accountability. 

siegementality
3 hours ago, martoon said:

Wait a minute!!  Someone posted an email from the FOH with the FOH saying how excited they were at next seasons plans!!  Surely that can’t be more bullshit? Surely the plans will be exciting? Won’t they?  

Na, probably not, more bullshit from an organisation who seem to believe any old shite Budge tells them.

Ethan Hunt
58 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Pretty sure it was Cathro that Levein passed notes to and went into the changing rooms not Neilson.

You are correct. Brain fart by me. Got my incompetent managers mixed up 🤦‍♂️

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Wait a minute!!  Someone posted an email from the FOH with the FOH saying how excited they were at next seasons plans!!  Surely that can’t be more bullshit? Surely the plans will be exciting? Won’t they?  

Na, probably not, more bullshit from an organisation who seem to believe any old shite Budge tells them.

It’s only polite to wait and see them before tearing them to shreds. 😂

ScottieMac17
13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You are correct. Brain fart by me. Got my incompetent managers mixed up 🤦‍♂️

Easily done... They all blend into one after a while hahaha

34 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Dismissed that when I heard it. The only exciting plan would be getting rid of ykw.

Strange, too, that this fan owned set up, which was supposed to protect us against one person calling the shots with impunity, hasn't.

We still have an owner making poor decisions, like we have had in the past, and still have no real voice.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Tearing who to shreds?

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why wait though, dave.

If there are indeed exciting plans for the Summer that will get us all enthused, then spill.

Why the mystery and why, if this is supposed to be a brave new world of fan ownership, are we being kept in the dark?

At best, we're being treated like children, at worst, gullible simpletons.

Not having a go at you, dave, btw. 👍

Edited by martoon
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The exciting plans. 

Wonder if they’re going to be plans over multiple years. Say 5 years 😮

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

1st bad pass next season and Neilson and Budge will be turned on.

Relationship cannot be repaired imo.

The relationship will certainly be repaired if we have a great season next year.  If we have a good season next year, top 3 or 4 and decent cup runs, I'd say the relationship would be on the mend for many.  Enjoy your booing of the first pass, if you choose to! Fans can and should act how they want. 

davemclaren
Just now, martoon said:

Why wait though, dave.

If there are indeed exciting plans for the Summer that will get us all enthused, then spill.

Why the mystery and why, if this is supposed to be a brave new world of fan ownership, are we being kept in the dark?

At best, we're being treated like children, at worst, gullible simpletons.

I don’t recall reading the quote but presumably, whatever the exciting plans are, haven’t been firmed up yet. I would expect something to be announced alongside the season ticket launch. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wonder if they’re going to be plans over multiple years. Say 5 years 😮

Maybe. 😜

Just now, davemclaren said:

I don’t recall reading the quote but presumably, whatever the exciting plans are, haven’t been firmed up yet. I would expect something to be announced alongside the season ticket launch. 

It's going to have to be pretty spectacular to get the majority of the support back onside. 

Not sure how possible that's going to be while Boaber's part of those plans.

As added in edit, dave, not having a go at you. 😊

Rave MacPherson
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

There should be enormous pressure on budge and neilson if hibs win the cup again on their watch.  They will ignore it however and we run an enormous risk of being lukewarm at best again next season.

The line that the Alloa and Brora debacles didn't matter because the league was our focus is utterly derisory.

If Hibs win the cup it's down to Neilson and Budge? Really? Ffs

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

At least we mounted a decent challenge to stop them winning it. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

well hibs beat Stranraer who in turn beat Brora.  I don’t need to remind you of who beat Hearts.  

Now I know it would maybe not have worked out exactly like that for a number of reasons but the real problem is that hibs winning the cup would re-highlight our utter failure against Brora, and Ann Budge’s tolerance of that utter failure.

siegementality
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The exciting plans. 

Oh come on! We’ve had the exciting 5 year plan, the exciting new stand plan, they’ve either completely bombed, or been miles over cost.

To be honest I no longer trust this board to deliver anything ‘exciting’. They’ve presided over a period when they have had more money than at any other time in our history, yet we have regressed.

One thing I do know is that the ‘exciting plans’ will cost the fans money. This board always costs the fans money. All this board is concerned about is money. Our money allows them to make piss poor decisions at no financial cost to themselves. Nothing exciting about that.

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good post. 

Many nails getting hit on the head there. 

The Mighty Thor
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exciting plans to tie in with ST launch you say? 🤔

Free dessert when you leave a 5 star Skyline review on trip advisor?

Maybe it'll be a raft of injury prone journeymen to fire us into Europe?

Upwards projectory!

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Oh come on! We’ve had the exciting 5 year plan, the exciting new stand plan, they’ve either completely bombed, or been miles over cost.

To be honest I no longer trust this board to deliver anything ‘exciting’. They’ve presided over a period when they have had more money than at any other time in our history, yet we have regressed.

One thing I do know is that the ‘exciting plans’ will cost the fans money. This board always costs the fans money. All this board is concerned about is money. Our money allows them to make piss poor decisions at no financial cost to themselves. Nothing exciting about that.

I’ve no great expection of anything particularly exciting, especially as I can’t remember the context around the quote and most ‘exciting plans’ tend not to be in my experience. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Exciting plans to tie in with ST launch you say? 🤔

Free dessert when you leave a 5 star Skyline review on trip advisor?

Maybe it'll be a raft of injury prone journeymen to fire us into Europe?

Upwards projectory!

The desserts were nice actually but who knows. 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Touch of maturity needed . If Hubz win the cup it’s because the other clubs were crap, it’s the Hearts players who effed up against Brora not Budge. Few players if any broke sweat in that game. A large part of our squad are lazy barstewards.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Top 6 is RN’s aim.....Top 4 used to AB’s aim.

Smith's right boot
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Top 6 is RN’s aim.....Top 4 used to AB’s aim.

I think being 4th is the top 6 tbh.

The Bobmeister was 3rd on promotion last time I am sure he is confident of repeating the trick even if some of the fans are shitting the bed at the thought  playing the top flight heavy weights next season.