Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Well unfortunately for you someone knows different. Who would that someone be, oh aye Robbie Neilson!!

If you listen to the extended interview with him on 29/4/21 -

https://essentialpodcasts.podbean.com/

he clearly states that Ann had been talking to Craig Gordon and the deal was on the table before he Neilson even came in. He did say “he authorised it” but I think he’s kidding himself on. 

Craig Gordon was an Ann Budge signing.

Thanks for confirming that Robbie authorised the Craig Gordon signing and that everything else in that montage of utter shite is just you imagining things. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

7 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Well done!

What an accolade.

Let's hope that a progressive English team now comes along and takes Bob Guardiola off our hands!

I will pray RN leaves for Sheffield Utd or some other team, in fact any team, we’ll even pay for someone to take him, wait a minute we don’t want to look to eager. One Manager For Sale, Easy Terms Available. 0% interest for a quick sale.

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

And then he eventually realised it wasn’t going to happen and changed his tune. All the reasons to sack Neilson suddenly just melted away and he jumped back onto his wee happy clappy spamming the board bandwagon.

Neilson staying and Hibs favourites for the cup, he’ll be beside himself.

Ach he’s just one of those guys who fears change in case it makes your situation worse. He knows deep down Neilson is a disaster waiting to happen but he is hiding under the bed until it happens. He’s not a bad person, just delusional.

17 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Queens Park win the league by 16 points and part company with Ray McKinnon. 

Can’t be right. We were told by the experts on here that just doesn’t happen. 

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t be right. We were told by the experts on here that just doesn’t happen. 

GR?

It just goes to show that all the ‘experts’ on here don’t fulfil their job description.  😳

There are too many Pep’s, Jose’s and Jurgen’s imo.  👍

2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Nothing gives the many Hobos on here more comfort than the few who spend all their time criticising the club.

That’s probably true, actually.  👍

Some may of course deem your comment to be ‘delusional’.

Greedy Jambo

6 years of absolute pish and a hell of a lot of money spent, but if you criticise the club, you're a hibs fan. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

6 years of absolute pish and a hell of a lot of money spent, but if you criticise the club, you're a hibs fan. 

Agreed SRB has a few followers ,then we have the fantasists who want to believe we are spending big on 3 players, really, we still have a floor to develop in new stand before any talk of spending decent money......

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Agreed SRB has a few followers ,then we have the fantasists who want to believe we are spending big on 3 players, really, we still have a floor to develop in new stand before any talk of spending decent money......

100% convinced you are hibs. Not only is that not true. Not way would that be a point made by a hearts fan. 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100% convinced you are hibs. Not only is that not true. Not way would that be a point made by a hearts fan. 

Agreed. The comment on the floor of the stand was questionable to say the least. 

Hagar the Horrible

So well done Robbie winning the league by utilising the borefest methodology to win it in the end comfortably. But even the games we won by a margin there were warnings. The good results were good but so what? Should we be grateful for doing what we pay them for. Not for me 3 points are sometimes not enough especially when some clubs deserved a humiliation. The bad results were horrendous and the saddest indictment was you could see them coming. And when we needed a reaction we just got more of the same. Winning that league wasn't  a success it was a given a meagre expectation like my next shite. Thats twice we won that league yet bowed out of the cups with a whimper almost deliberate. 5 cups under Robbie is not bad luck. Its either gross incompetence or a deliberate act. But every cause has an effect and on both time Hibs winning the cup. While we have to be content with the lowest expectation.  Oh and Hibs will win the cup. Budge reverts to type because although she is clever her ego is the mother of idiocy. She will keep sticking with what is wrong because we are all contemptible and are right. Yet again we will have to accept mediocrity and she wont change anything until its too late and another season has to be written off. I am getting too old to subject to another write off. When with 20/20 foresight we could start rebuilding now with a new coach who uses the length of the pitch and not its width. I dont want bored to death being sucker punched by every bellend club in the spfl. All of which are better than Robbies Hearts but should not be. I cant switch off my passion for hearts and feel sick to the pit of my stomach that next season we can only expect preordained reality checks that oh its a hard league yadayadayada. We will be shite on the road. 

50 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

This. The AB fan club simply refusing to acknowledge the garbage served up, the weekly apologies from the players, the hopeless defeats in the cups. Anyone not on their myopic bus is a Hobo.  There is nothing they won't swallow from the AB/RN table. Literally nothing. And pretending to themselves there's only a tiny minority who want change. 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

👍

Well said, man.

jambopilms
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Or just plain boring.

Do we really need told every hour of every day of the mistakes of the last few years. We all ****ing get it. 

1 minute ago, One five said:

I’ll second that 👍

Greedy/Spacey spouts some shite but, in this instance, his point is a good one.

29 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So well done Robbie winning the league by utilising the borefest methodology to win it in the end comfortably. But even the games we won by a margin there were warnings. The good results were good but so what? Should we be grateful for doing what we pay them for. Not for me 3 points are sometimes not enough especially when some clubs deserved a humiliation. The bad results were horrendous and the saddest indictment was you could see them coming. And when we needed a reaction we just got more of the same. Winning that league wasn't  a success it was a given a meagre expectation like my next shite. Thats twice we won that league yet bowed out of the cups with a whimper almost deliberate. 5 cups under Robbie is not bad luck. Its either gross incompetence or a deliberate act. But every cause has an effect and on both time Hibs winning the cup. While we have to be content with the lowest expectation.  Oh and Hibs will win the cup. Budge reverts to type because although she is clever her ego is the mother of idiocy. She will keep sticking with what is wrong because we are all contemptible and are right. Yet again we will have to accept mediocrity and she wont change anything until its too late and another season has to be written off. I am getting too old to subject to another write off. When with 20/20 foresight we could start rebuilding now with a new coach who uses the length of the pitch and not its width. I dont want bored to death being sucker punched by every bellend club in the spfl. All of which are better than Robbies Hearts but should not be. I cant switch off my passion for hearts and feel sick to the pit of my stomach that next season we can only expect preordained reality checks that oh its a hard league yadayadayada. We will be shite on the road. 

The problem with Hearts it’s so simple and it all comes down to Ann Budge’s inability to employ a management team that is up to the standard of making Hearts successful in winning Trophies, Playing entertaining football and making the Hearts support proud to follow our team home & away. When you look at St Johnstone going for the double in Cups with the resources they have it just hurts our support that we are so far behind them in leadership. We are so behind other teams in the management of our team and in my opinion Ann Budge is the person who is to blame. The problem will be who takes over from her as Chairperson of the club because the new CEO is an unknown quantity. 

Greedy Jambo

13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I can't keep everyone happy, although you do a good job in trying. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I can't keep everyone happy, although you do a good job in trying. 

Trying what?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I will pray RN leaves for Sheffield Utd or some other team, in fact any team, we’ll even pay for someone to take him, wait a minute we don’t want to look to eager. One Manager For Sale, Easy Terms Available. 0% interest for a quick sale.

No returns though 😜

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It really irks me when I read a post when a fan has criticised something about  the running of our club and then posts come in with the sniff sniff shite! There's a lot of fans that are season ticket holders and have been for years that have every right to post there opinions without being called vermin. 

2 minutes ago, One five said:

It really irks me when I read a post when a fan has criticised something about  the running of our club and then posts come in with the sniff sniff shite! There's a lot of fans that are season ticket holders and have been for years that have every right to post there opinions without being called vermin. 

That’s more or less what I was getting at.  👍

KyleLafferty

He isn’t going anywhere, so why not just try and back the team now? I don’t want him as manager but a big negative cloud hanging around won’t help. He’s probably got the first round of fixtures next season, then if it’s bad, we can crank up the pressure.. but Christ just relax and see what the summer brings. 

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He isn’t going anywhere, so why not just try and back the team now? I don’t want him as manager but a big negative cloud hanging around won’t help. He’s probably got the first round of fixtures next season, then if it’s bad, we can crank up the pressure.. but Christ just relax and see what the summer brings. 

Because he didn't even have the backing of the players - as was made clear when Craig Gordon spoke out on live TV post match , after another abject performance , one of many  -   Neilson is a lost cause. Those same players will still be in the dressing room next season because he can't get rid of them all no matter what posturing he makes eg "there will be changes next season".  It's another shit show in the making. 

siegementality
4 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Thanks for confirming that Robbie authorised the Craig Gordon signing and that everything else in that montage of utter shite is just you imagining things. 

😂😂😂😂😂 You don’t really deal in facts after all 😂😂😂😂😂

siegementality
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Ach he’s just one of those guys who fears change in case it makes your situation worse. He knows deep down Neilson is a disaster waiting to happen but he is hiding under the bed until it happens. He’s not a bad person, just delusional.

Is the definition of delusional - an arse?

siegementality
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Or just plain boring.

Do we really need told every hour of every day of the mistakes of the last few years. We all ****ing get it. 

No, we all don’t get it, hence it needs repeated.

3 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Even stretch Armstrong couldn't make that stretch! 

Hibs would be far more relieved to see Hearts out of the cup than the OF. If we had remained in the cup, they wouldn’t be winning it (they still might Hibs it)

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hibs would be far more relieved to see Hearts out of the cup than the OF. If we had remained in the cup, they wouldn’t be winning it (they still might Hibs it)

That’s true in that every time Hibs have won it we’ve, surprisingly, been knocked out.  🧐

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Join the gang, get a club together am Hearts truth hurts.

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Even stretch Armstrong couldn't make that stretch! 

There wasn’t a single stretch in it. If hibs go onto win the cup in a season where we were knocked out by Brora Rangers it’s not great is it. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Join the gang, get a club together am Hearts truth hurts.

Don’t believe you. Too often you make points, use phrases, use names that would never come from a hearts fan.  

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don’t believe you. Too often you make points, use phrases, use names that would never come from a hearts fan.  

Don't care a Donald duck what you think.

On 10/05/2021 at 08:48, fabienleclerq said:

After watching us this season the evidence would certainly not point to us having a good league season. 

What do you class as good? 

RNs last 2 seasons where he’s had vastly superior squads , spending many times the opposition both teams struggled ,Utd relied on a goalscorer but performances were poor hearts relied on the fact everyone was worse and beating each other, hearts performance were in the main poor , both Utd and hearts gubbed out the cups Utd putting up a wee struggle against hearts n Hibs but ultimately beaten early in both comps 

we may have a reasonable season in the league but evidence points to it being a struggle and we will be out the cups at the earliest opportunity allowing RN to concentrate on 6 th in the league 

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Its like trying to have a conversation with a child! 

I wasn’t aware we were having or have ever had a conversation tbh

Your rivals being successful tends to amplify the pain of your own failure - in this case, it won’t help hearts or Robbie “sweep” Brora under the carpet like they would love to do.  

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

That’s true in that every time Hibs have won it we’ve, surprisingly, been knocked out.  🧐

🤓

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

There wasn’t a single stretch in it. If hibs go onto win the cup in a season where we were knocked out by Brora Rangers it’s not great is it. 

It was shite when we got knocked out by Broro and it's still shite now. 

It's not great whenever we get knocked out any cup. 

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Of course, but it isn’t a stretch to say if hibs go on to win the cup again then many hearts fans will shine an additional light on it again

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Any news on our new manager from Hendolad?

He got the year wrong. It was 2023 RN was leaving not 2021.

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He got the year wrong. It was 2023 RN was leaving not 2021.

😢

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're lucky, you get another shot at it with your Lochend darlings.

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Of course, but it isn’t a stretch to say if hibs go on to win the cup again then many hearts fans will shine an additional light on it again

It's not great. 

On 09/05/2021 at 16:59, kingantti1874 said:

Logan was key to that system, he was one that he got right. We were all eating a bit of humble pie and giving him a bit of credit for a change - me included.

But bafflingly - we let him go. Now if we were going to sign someone younger and better I’d say ok fair enough but that doesn’t appear to be the case- he’s gone public saying smith will go back to playing on the right. 

Smith doesn’t have the legs, ive been saying it the whole season. His lack of legs and getting beyond the midfield have been a huge problem. A blind man can see that surely.  Then he compounds that bizarre decisons with an equally bizarre decisions to sign a keeper who in the event that we need him isn’t god enough. 

I don’t trust the guy at all. He won’t make it till Christmas.

I liked Logan when he was playing regularly for Aberdeen and hoped that Hearts might've signed him even before Michael Smith arrived. I was quite happy to see him come in during the last part of the season and help out. For someone who hasn't played much (if at all) for Aberdeen this season he was remarkably sharp which shows up our levels of fitness. He played like he was 23 not 33. He would've been ideal for a year and experienced head for the return to the Premier. If Smith is to go back to right-back then that could suggest that we're going back to the defensive style that Neilson prefers. 

We should've went out and sorted a deal for Steven O'Donnell in January when we had the chance but Hearts lack of activity for him suggests that either we weren't interested or just turned a blind eye......again.

As for the goalie....if he's not good even enough for a place in the first team or on the bench for Livy then we'll just have to hope Gordon stays injury-free the whole season. 

The Real Maroonblood
On 10/05/2021 at 11:29, Hashimoto said:

Well done!

What an accolade.

Let's hope that a progressive English team now comes along and takes Bob Guardiola off our hands!

:laugh2:

Whether we like it or not, I think it's highly likely he will be head coach next season. Personally I'm hopeful that we'll see better results and performances.

On 10/05/2021 at 11:30, kingantti1874 said:

A few haters 😂. When Levein out stayed his welcome it was unanimous, wall to wall booing. 

robbie could very well face the same if we doesn’t start well

To be honest there was a lot of games he/the team were booed off the field before he left for MK Dons. I remember some dodgy substitutions, taking off attacking-type players and replacing them with defensive-type players leaving nothing up-field if we were under pressure and scrambling the ball away from our penalty box. Doing that rather than killing a team off cost us quite a few goals late in games and let's not forget, there was no outrage/uproar from the fans when he left, something that tends to be forgotten. I know a Dundee Utd fan and funnily enough he and loads of their fans (he said) were quite happy that Neilson had gone. He reckoned they'd lost out on a year earlier Premier return because of some of his tactics. I wouldn't know as i rarely watched them but i have no reason (or right) to doubt his words. He's been a season ticket holder up there since the early 90s.