Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve never been sure if Jamie needs his arse kicked or given an arm round his shoulder. Maybe he has issues that mean no coach could get a consistent tune out of him. His knee problems don’t help of course. But Jamie Walker on fire is one of the top 5 football players at the club.

We are that bad............feck!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Silvery_Moon
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

What makes you think that even with another manager in place and a limited budget we would achieve much more than top six?  Our squad is nowhere near as good as you think it is.

Our squad is crap. But Neilson is not the man to revamp it in my opinion. 

JimmyCant
7 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

We are that bad............feck!

There’s been a few games this last season where Walker came on late and secured points. To the extent that folk were mystified as to why he wasn’t starting. Then of course when he DID eventually start he was largely anonymous. Overall I’d say he’s a good player performing mostly poorly if that makes sense.

Edited by JimmyCant

frankblack
15 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Our squad is crap. But Neilson is not the man to revamp it in my opinion. 

He isn't going any time soon.

Time to focus positive energy on next season as there is no point bashing on here about it over the close season.

Edited by frankblack

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Time to focus positive energy on next season as there is no point bashing on here about it over the close season.

It's a bit difficult when it feels like last season with our fixtures completed and games going on elsewhere.

Weakened Offender
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve never been sure if Jamie needs his arse kicked or given an arm round his shoulder. Maybe he has issues that mean no coach could get a consistent tune out of him. His knee problems don’t help of course. And he’s had Naismith ahead of him in the picking order in his best position. But Jamie Walker on fire is one of the top 5 football players at the club.

Jamie Walker has played under half a dozen managers at Hearts and the manager who got the most out of him was Neilson, 6 years ago. 

The reason why Walker is a 65% player has nothing to do with his knee and everything to do with Jamie Walker. 

JimmyCant
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It’s really hard to be positive when we can anticipate what’s coming due to the evidence we’ve already seen. Unless we pull some unexpected box office out the bag in the summer and loads of other things just start clicking we’ve got a manager who won’t see Hallowe’en.

JimmyCant
8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Jamie Walker has played under half a dozen managers at Hearts and the manager who got the most out of him was Neilson, 6 years ago. 

The reason why Walker is a 65% player has nothing to do with his knee and everything to do with Jamie Walker. 

Not sure what Walkers issue is but of course you might be right. His body language has never been great that’s for sure. I agree Neilson got the best out of him. Which makes you think have we actually already had the best out of Neilson ?

JimmyCant

When Neilson was first in charge he had a decent team full of decent young players getting a regular game. Within 2 years and at the end of the Cathro reign, they were all gone. SOMEONE, be that Neilson, Levein or Cathro or a combination of all 3 made a decision that young boys couldn’t be played at a high level of football. What an utter disaster of a decision, one which Neilson clearly still believes in too

sandylejambo

Are we sure Neilson is not going soon? We are due to transfer shares to be fan owned, and the FOH can and must act in our interests, they have the power to get Neilson out even if the have to do an EGM and get it through on a share vote, but it is their job to represent us or they can GTF and we'll elect someone who will represents us.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

When Neilson was first in charge he had a decent team full of decent young players getting a regular game. Within 2 years and at the end of the Cathro reign, they were all gone. SOMEONE, be that Neilson, Levein or Cathro or a combination of all 3 made a decision that young boys couldn’t be played at a high level of football. What an utter disaster of a decision, one which Neilson clearly still believes in too

Spot on.
Young players do crazy things like running out of position and not doing what they’re supposed to in the attempt to score goals and entertain. 

I think it’s time to accept he is getting to manage the next season. I’m not a fan but am prepared to put my energy into backing him and see what happens. The Brora result was (for me) as much on the players as it was on RN. It’s happened so we need to move on as much as it was an embarrassment of epic proportions. 
He needs to sort out away form but in reality no manager in recent times has had good form in away games which is brutal for a club our size.  
he will get the first round of SPL fixtures IMHO and if he is top 6 after that then he will continue. There was no way he was getting punted after winning the league. It is what it is.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Are we sure Neilson is not going soon? We are due to transfer shares to be fan owned, and the FOH can and must act in our interests, they have the power to get Neilson out even if the have to do an EGM and get it through on a share vote, but it is their job to represent us or they can GTF and we'll elect someone who will represents us.

I think would need to grow a pair, they do what they’re told by the person who handpicked them and has loaned us £3.1m to make up for the disastrous mistakes she’s made. 

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

he should of used younger players I agree but his decision is vindicated as we are up. Rightly or wrongly there’s no argument as he got promotion. 

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I still have faith in Halkett, new manager, better training regime etc. 

He'll no doubt go to Kilmarnock or something and be outstanding. 

Halkett has been the consistent element of our defence.

He was shite under Levein, shite under Stendel and now shite under Bob. 

Wherever he goes outstanding will not be used to describe him. 

Arthur Morgan
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I think it’s time to accept he is getting to manage the next season. I’m not a fan but am prepared to put my energy into backing him and see what happens. The Brora result was (for me) as much on the players as it was on RN. It’s happened so we need to move on as much as it was an embarrassment of epic proportions. 
He needs to sort out away form but in reality no manager in recent times has had good form in away games which is brutal for a club our size.  
he will get the first round of SPL fixtures IMHO and if he is top 6 after that then he will continue. There was no way he was getting punted after winning the league. It is what it is.

Yeah this is where I'm at.

7 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Problem is that the FoH haven't got two beans too rub together. Budge wants her £3m that she "kindly" loaned us back.
Unfortunately until such time as FoH can magic up the cash she is here for the foreseeable, which ultimately means that she is going to remain the principle decision maker.
And as for FoH representing the views of their membership.......That would be a first!

Edited by Hashimoto

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Problem is that the FoH haven't got two beans too rub together. Budge wants her £3m that she "kindly" loaned us back.
Unfortunately until such time as FoH can magic up the cash she is here for the foreseeable, which ultimately means that she is going to remain the principle decision maker.
And as for FoH representing the views of their membership.......That would be a first!

They are promising a big announcement over the summer so let’s see. 

Big Moysey

There are many examples where a group of players can respond positively under better management. One of the most striking examples in 2017/18 season where Killie under Lee McCulloch didn't win any of their first 8 matches. They ended up 4th, after LM was sacked, with Clark manager and the same players winning around 55 points from a possible 90. We have probably about 20 decent players that, imho, with a decent modern positive thinking manager and about 4/5 player additions could shape us into a very decent team. Sadly looks like we are stuck with RN and LM as Ann won't change her loyalty to her pals eg. CL and RN. 

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

(This is what I meant. It was a response to an email sent by a member on here. )

“As stated earlier in this thread I emailed FOH with my concerns for next season and asked it they would consider polling members on their current feelings and to ascertain their intentions going forward regarding season tickets and FOH contributions, below is the reply I received today. 

Thanks for the message, please have my assurance that the club is well aware of the range of thoughts on this one. I feel sure there is no need for a poll of any type, we would be telling the club what they already know.

Having the heard the plans I am looking forward to what will happen this summer, hopefully you will share in that news soon.”

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

he should of used younger players I agree but his decision is vindicated as we are up. Rightly or wrongly there’s no argument as he got promotion. 

Well there is an argument for the mid to long term because we now have an ageing squad who pretty soon, if not this summer will have to be re-built. If you only ever look 12 months ahead, then every 12 months you’ll have things seriously needing fixing. We’ve been doing that for 5 years. Even teams that win big leagues, develop the squad as they go.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s really hard to be positive when we can anticipate what’s coming due to the evidence we’ve already seen. Unless we pull some unexpected box office out the bag in the summer and loads of other things just start clicking we’ve got a manager who won’t see Hallowe’en.

The evidence?

All the "evidence" would Point  to us having a good league season under Robbie. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The evidence?

‘Evidence’ mostly from 5-6 years ago with a completely different set of players. ? Evidence which excludes the evidence of our last season in the Premier league ? Evidence which ignores a whole load of poor results and performances in the last season against really poor opposition ?

frankblack
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

‘Evidence’ mostly from 5-6 years ago with a completely different set of players. ? Evidence which excludes the evidence of our last season in the Premier league ? Evidence which ignores a whole load of poor results and performances in the last season against really poor opposition ?

You must be a bundle of fun at parties with that negative outlook.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Neilson wasn't manager for that season. You can't use that as evidence against him ffs. 

His Hearts league record - 

1st

3rd

Left us in around 2nd/3rd

1st.

That evidence, the evidence that counts - his league record with Hearts. 

fabienleclerq
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The evidence?

After watching us this season the evidence would certainly not point to us having a good league season. 

What do you class as good? 

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The evidence?

What a load of utter shite. Like, utter shite.

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The evidence?

You really never miss an opportunity to embarrass yourself do you 😂😂😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

What a load of utter shite. Like, utter shite.

What is? 

What is? 

Your post. Surely that was obvious from his reply?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

After watching us this season the evidence would certainly not point to us having a good league season. 

What do you class as good? 

Sigh. 

The poster I replied to said all the evidence suggests we'll be poor in the league. 

The evidence of Robbie's league finishes with us is evidence of the contrary. 

In the future, I'm not sure, but all the evidence does not point to a poor league season, some of it might, but not all of it. 

I'd class top 4 as good. 

All the evidence only points to a poor league season if you ignore the evidence of his previous league campaigns with us, which folk can do but in doing so it leaves a big massive hole in their argument. 

9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Course he will - this is Budge. We'll keep this shite manager until it's just too late to save the season he's ruined.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Your post. Surely that was obvious from his reply?

It wasn't. 

Surely he's not saying that Robbies league record with us of finishing 1st, 3rd, leaving in 2nd/3rd and 1st is made up? 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, HighTimes said:

Course he will - this is Budge. We'll keep this shite manager until it's just too late to save the season he's ruined.

Not if the fans are back in. The atmosphere will be the worst ever witnessed for years I reckon. 

The fans have not only turned on Bob but also Budge, she won't like that one bit.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

All the evidence only points to a poor league season if you ignore the evidence of his previous league campaigns with us, which folk can do but in doing so it leaves a big massive hole in their argument. 

The clear evidence of us being poor this season is invalidated by failing to take into account his performance in seasons years ago?

ok.

It wasn't. 

Surely he's not saying that Robbies league record with us of finishing 1st, 3rd, leaving in 2nd/3rd and 1st is made up? 

Oh, I think it was pretty clear. The fact you don't is unsurprising - the most obvious things do seem to pass you by...

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Not if the fans are back in. The atmosphere will be the worst ever witnessed for years I reckon. 

The fans have not only turned on Bob but also Budge, she won't like that one bit.

I hope you're right - if we get shot of him by October, maybe we can scrape top 6 with a better manager.

But we'd all turned on Levein in the stadium long, long before Budge got off her arse and (sort of, kinda) sacked him.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

I hope you're right - if we get shot of him by October, maybe we can scrape top 6 with a better manager.

But we'd all turned on Levein in the stadium long, long before Budge got off her arse and (sort of, kinda) sacked him.

Load of shite. 

5 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

The clear evidence of us being poor this season is invalidated by failing to take into account his performance in seasons years ago?

ok.

No, the clear evidence of us performing well in the league under him  is evidenced by his league finishes with us. 

1st

3rd

left us in 2nd/3rd

1st 

Can't be any clearer than that. Really can't be. If you don't see the correlation between league placings and that being evidence of overall performance for the team  over a league season then I am unable to help you. 

Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Unless she has Alzheimer's I'm sure she won't want another Levein scenario. Also this time I think fans are holding her more accountable due to the Levein fiasco. She will get as much if not more abuse than Neilson.

Niemi’s gloves
4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think if any fans go to games with the intention of causing a toxic atmosphere and overstep the mark in the ground, Budge would be well within her rights to have them thrown out by security or by the police if necessary. As people here have been keen to point out, football is a form of entertainment. What the haters have to remember is that they are potentially disrupting other people’s entertainment (not to mention causing upset to very young fans). They don’t have a right to do that simply because they want a change of manager/chairman. As far as I’m concerned it is or should be support the team during games or GTF. If a few balding, red-faced middle aged men get thrown out and subsequently banned from the ground, I won’t shed any tears.

Mars plastic
12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think if any fans go to games with the intention of causing a toxic atmosphere and overstep the mark in the ground, Budge would be well within her rights to have them thrown out by security or by the police if necessary. As people here have been keen to point out, football is a form of entertainment. What the haters have to remember is that they are potentially disrupting other people’s entertainment (not to mention causing upset to very young fans). They don’t have a right to do that simply because they want a change of manager/chairman. As far as I’m concerned it is or should be support the team during games or GTF. If a few balding, red-faced middle aged men get thrown out and subsequently banned from the ground, I won’t shed any tears.

I'm not sure football is the game for you, kidda.

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I'm not sure football is the game for you, kidda.

It has been for the last sixty odd years. 

18 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Thank god your not in charge we’d have no fans at all allowed in Tynie.

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Then took a holiday on her boat and took six weeks to get a replacement, no planning had went into it. 

37 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Have you been going to football long?

Every fan has the absolute right to voice their opinion whether you agree or not. It's not North Korea!

And your bit about football as an entertainment..... Can you have a look in your crystal ball and tell me when Neilson is going into the entertainment business?

58 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Let's sterlise the atmosphere completely. Make it like a night at the pictures.