Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

To be honest there was a lot of games he/the team were booed off the field before he left for MK Dons. I remember some dodgy substitutions, taking off attacking-type players and replacing them with defensive-type players leaving nothing up-field if we were under pressure and scrambling the ball away from our penalty box. Doing that rather than killing a team off cost us quite a few goals late in games and let's not forget, there was no outrage/uproar from the fans when he left, something that tends to be forgotten. I know a Dundee Utd fan and funnily enough he and loads of their fans (he said) were quite happy that Neilson had gone. He reckoned they'd lost out on a year earlier Premier return because of some of his tactics. I wouldn't know as i rarely watched them but i have no reason (or right) to doubt his words. He's been a season ticket holder up there since the early 90s.

I can’t remember a lot of games where the team were booed off. Was only five years ago, less really, and while the football wasn’t fantastic, we were sitting in second when he upped sticks. Not saying you are wrong but don’t remember it being as bad as when CL was in a bit of soapy.
The exit from Europe done it for him though. A shocking state of affairs. Brora is a deja vu moment for the bobster.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I can’t remember a lot of games where the team were booed off. Was only five years ago, less really, and while the football wasn’t fantastic, we were sitting in second when he upped sticks. Not saying you are wrong but don’t remember it being as bad as when CL was in a bit of soapy.
The exit from Europe done it for him though. A shocking state of affairs. Brora is a deja vu moment for the bobster.

Tynecastle resembled a morgue pre COVID. A few games with a bit grumbling, disquiet afterwards.....

The apathy from the stands at times matched the apathy on the pitch!

The only time I can remember any real hostility in recent times was when the Rangers fans in hospitality started to noise up the Hearts fans in the SC game.

Sign of the times really under Budge's stewardship. 

17 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Don't trust him, he's well dodgy. 

Reported for defamation of character.

26 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Tynecastle resembled a morgue pre COVID. A few games with a bit grumbling, disquiet afterwards.....

The apathy from the stands at times matched the apathy on the pitch!

The only time I can remember any real hostility in recent times was when the Rangers fans in hospitality started to noise up the Hearts fans in the SC game.

Sign of the times really under Budge's stewardship. 

Aye, that’s what I remembered. Not loud booing under Robbie, just a general disquiet. 
Away days were much better the last few years.

way out west jambo
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Congratulations Robbie on Championship manager of the month:walk_man:

FFS🤦🏼‍♂️

siegementality
49 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

You’re 24 hours too late to stir that particular shit.

52 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Phenomenal achievement 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Phenomenal achievement 😂😂😂

Widely acknowledged as the hardest to win. 

Just ask AB. 

😆

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I made my point in the first reply, when i commented about you blaming Neilson and Budge for Hibs being in the final. 

The point I was trying to make is that people will perceive we could have stopped them! that is the conclusion that which will be drawn by many regardless.

That the annoyance of hibs winning the cup will in my opinion only highlight our own failure against Brora again.  That is will make airbrushing from history that little bit harder. 

Anyway, I did try and delete my pointless post . If you disagree with my view that’s fair enough. 

Edited by kingantti1874

On 10/05/2021 at 11:47, Niemi’s gloves said:

It’s time that those who orchestrated some of the extreme behaviour at the start of the 2019/20 season accepted at least part of the responsibility for our demotion

Candidate for maddest post of the season - and there's lots more genuine contenders for that title than the Championship was ever going to have...

siegementality
3 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Is he still here?  :facepalm:

I believe he’s been painting the trusses, with any paint left over getting used on McCulloch’s teeth 😁

What we're the award winners thinking not giving Neilson Manager of the Year award?

Did they not know he got us out the toughest league in the world with a budget of more than the combined budget of all other teams on league?

Did they not know he alone had to work miracles whilst in middle of a pandemic?

Did they not know we had no fans in attendance?

Did they not know we came back training weeks in advance of our rivals?

Did they mot know we signed 5 wingers?

FFS, why is he still here?

I'm hoping that Ann is letting FoH sack him when handover happens.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What we're the award winners thinking not giving Neilson Manager of the Year award?

Did they not know he got us out the toughest league in the world with a budget of more than the combined budget of all other teams on league?

In fairness, even Ann has yet to publicly acknowledge the Championship win so I don’t see why the authorities should. 

25 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The first thing FoH should do when they take over is get rid of Ann. 5 years of shit is enough.

Ford Prentice

Not seen it discussed elsewhere but Nielson's interview on Scarves around the Funnel has given me pause for thought. Seems to know what he's doing and to be committed to lowering the age of the squad and getting into the top 4. Not turned back into a happy clapper yet but I'm a bit more encouraged and willing to see how he does.

Bazzas right boot
On 12/05/2021 at 08:59, kingantti1874 said:

The point I was trying to make is that people will perceive we could have stopped them! that is the conclusion that which will be drawn by many regardless.

That the annoyance of hibs winning the cup will in my opinion only highlight our own failure against Brora again.  That is will make airbrushing from history that little bit harder. 

Anyway, I did try and delete my pointless post . If you disagree with my view that’s fair enough. 

Be the same group that hold him to account for hibs winning it last time tho, so no net gain or loss in terms of support. That group was never going to give him a chance, no matter what.

Brora on it's own is his shame and the players shame. What hibs do and most will agree ( apart from that small group) has very little or nothing to do with Hearts once we are out.

Wilmslow Jambo
5 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Not seen it discussed elsewhere but Nielson's interview on Scarves around the Funnel has given me pause for thought. Seems to know what he's doing and to be committed to lowering the age of the squad and getting into the top 4. Not turned back into a happy clapper yet but I'm a bit more encouraged and willing to see how he does.

I agree with this.

thehibsareintheirbeds
18 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Saw the new scarves episode appear and went to listen this morning but on seeing that Robbie was on couldn't face it. Been a long year listening to the same old excuses and had honestly given up on him and the current regime.

Expected to come on here and find a huge thread ripping into him after the interview- so suprised only a few comments- and even more so that they're positive.  Sounds like I'll need to give it a listen.

kingantti1874

far from convinced but thought it was a good interview. I’ve made my views clear enough times but the one thing I will say is last season did sound absolutely pish from a coaching and playing perspective. Same for all teams tho

Rogue Daddy
On 13/05/2021 at 07:42, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness, even Ann has yet to publicly acknowledge the Championship win so I don’t see why the authorities should. 

Didn't realise this... but she has been very quiet. Her last muttering was the condescending statement about the protest to have RN removed IIRC.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Robbie will be gone by October. We will appoint a new manager around Christmas time.

Hopefully not, it will mean we are doing shit if that happens. 

A reasonable interview from whispering Bob.

He does seem to be a thoughtful chap so hopefully he takes the criticism onboard and adopts a less cautious approach, if he's going to get hounded out he might as well go down swinging.

When you hear him talking it's difficult to imagine him inspiring players to run through brick walls for the team, you can understand why they end up playing his trademark walking football.

On a side note, the presenter patronisingly calling Rob 'son' reminded me why I don't subscribe to this podcast anymore.

Edited by fancy a brew

Ainsley Harriott
48 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hopefully not, it will mean we are doing shit if that happens. 

It's the exact same scenario repeating itself as Levein gate 2 years ago. Robbie should have gone the week we went out thr cup everyone could see it expect Robbie and Ann

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

far from convinced but thought it was a good interview. I’ve made my views clear enough times but the one thing I will say is last season did sound absolutely pish from a coaching and playing perspective. Same for all teams tho

The last part is something that has too often been overlooked. Yes it was the same for all clubs but training and preparation for matches last season was not easy due to all the restrictions in place 

44 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

He does seem to be a thoughtful chap so hopefully he takes the criticism onboard and adopts a less cautious approach, if he's going to get hounded out he might as well go down swinging.

When you hear him talking it's difficult to imagine him inspiring players to run through brick walls for the team, you can understand why they end up playing his trademark walking football.

On a side note, the presenter patronisingly calling Rob 'son' reminded me why I don't subscribe to this podcast anymore.

I don't think it was patronising, just a term of endearment. I'd say 'whispering Bob' is more patronising.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Takes the Criticism on board..... 

Whispering Bob.... 

Then  goes on and calls the presenter patronising. 

🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, marcus said:

I don't think it was patronising, just a term of endearment. I'd say 'whispering Bob' is more patronising.

If you think describing someone that talks quietly as whispering is patronising then you don't know what patronising means (it means talking down to someone 😉). 

All about opinions son.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It's the exact same scenario repeating itself as Levein gate 2 years ago. Robbie should have gone the week we went out thr cup everyone could see it expect Robbie and Ann

It's completely different imo. 

Our league form deterioted after a good start and went on for the rest of the season

LC sf and sc final bought him the start of the next season, but after a round of games were 10th/11th and he was sacked as manager. 

The Bobmeister has shown consistency in the league-got us promoted, but 2 poor ( 1 very bad) Cup results rightly pissed off most fans. 

CL was also in charge of several areas, Bobmeister is working within a completely different structure. 

The situations aren't even comparible. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Takes the Criticism on board..... 

Whispering Bob.... 

Then  goes on and calls the presenter patronising. 

🤷‍♂️

Aw, you still ragin cos I highlighted your flip flopping over wanting Bob sacked?

9 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Aw, you still ragin cos I highlighted your flip flopping over wanting Bob sacked?

Does no one remember The Old Grey Whistle Test ?

That’s the question !

🥴

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Does no one remember The Old Grey Whistle Test ?

That’s the question !

🥴

That's the reference the angry pair above seem to have missed.

All those nasty people patronising Bob Harris.

:seething:

Just now, fancy a brew said:

That's the reference the angry pair above seem to have missed.

All those nasty people patronising Bob Harris.

:seething:

Quite.

A term of endearment for Bob the legend ! Harris that is !!

218 pages of Robbie out calling him all the names under the sun Robbie , Bobbie , Jobbie , Knobbie, Rob , Neilsen 

'The Tackle' will be going no where any time soon. Next season the premier league will be very competitive I am sure we will get top 6 but we should be aiming for 3rd and a cup run. I'm not his biggest fan but I don't hate the guy. By Christmas if we are not in the top 6 and been beating by Hibs he should be sacked but I have a feeling we will be fine next season and the core of players we have are better than many teams currently in the SPL

Ainsley Harriott
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's completely different imo. 

Our league form deterioted after a good start and went on for the rest of the season

LC sf and sc final bought him the start of the next season, but after a round of games were 10th/11th and he was sacked as manager. 

The Bobmeister has shown consistency in the league-got us promoted, but 2 poor ( 1 very bad) Cup results rightly pissed off most fans. 

CL was also in charge of several areas, Bobmeister is working within a completely different structure. 

The situations aren't even comparible. 

I like the name Bobmeister I'm a fan of that. But I feel we are sleep walking into another season with a useless manager clearly not up to the job just like before 

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Aye, I'm raging. More raging than anyone else. 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly this.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, I'm raging. More raging than anyone else. 

At what point did you go from calling for Bob's head to thinking he was the right man for the job all along?

The next game after Brora was the first defeat to QOS since the 1960s, so it couldn't have been that, but within no time you were having a pop at other fans for holding the opinion you yourself were espousing only a few days before.

What was it in particular that caused this gear crunching 180?

24 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

218 pages of Robbie out calling him all the names under the sun Robbie , Bobbie , Jobbie , Knobbie, Rob , Neilsen 

'The Tackle' will be going no where any time soon. Next season the premier league will be very competitive I am sure we will get top 6 but we should be aiming for 3rd and a cup run. I'm not his biggest fan but I don't hate the guy. By Christmas if we are not in the top 6 and been beating by Hibs he should be sacked but I have a feeling we will be fine next season and the core of players we have are better than many teams currently in the SPL

What if we are beaten by Hibs twice but in the top six ?

I can see this running longer than a soap opera !

Broxburn Jambo
26 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Nothing apart from the Rangers has impressed me much this season, and I think they may be in trouble if Kent and Morales leave, the proof in this has been the standard in the cup competitions, so I think we will more than hold our own next season with whoever is Manager.

Rogue Daddy
11 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Nothing apart from the Rangers has impressed me much this season, and I think they may be in trouble if Kent and Morales leave, the proof in this has been the standard in the cup competitions, so I think we will more than hold our own next season with whoever is Manager.

Yeah, I've not watched any SPFL football this season on tv but from what I've heard/read, (Rangers aside) it seems to have been a pretty poor standard. If I was a hobo or sheep, I'd be pissed off that shellick hadn't been pushed further... they were there for the taking. 

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Just not better than Broara? 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

At what point did you go from calling for Bob's head to thinking he was the right man for the job all along?

The next game after Brora was the first defeat to QOS since the 1960s, so it couldn't have been that, but within no time you were having a pop at other fans for holding the opinion you yourself were espousing only a few days before.

I could give you a detailed  answer ( but I'd be repeating myself) so  I'll keep it short and sweet. 

He wasn't sacked, he got us promoted and he'll lead us into next season. 

So instead of greetin about it, moaning about everything and marauding across every thread slavering the same pish and thinking of ways to get angrier I decided to back him, the team and be positive. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
54 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

At some point though you have to accept that he will be here for at least the start of next season, so winding yourself up about him leaving will do no good, so get behind the team?

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So instead of greetin about it, moaning about everything and marauding across every thread slavering the same pish and thinking of ways to get angrier I decided to back him, the team and be positive. 

Says the man who’s marauded over every thread every day, week, month, season and year for god knows how long. You posted that you thought he should be sacked and because everyone else was on the same page, you changed your mind because of your need to be different. Without any problem you now argue vehemently that he should be kept. A true contrarian if ever there was one. 

Ps. How the **** do you actually accumulate 45,000+ posts? 

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I could give you a detailed  answer ( but I'd be repeating myself) so  I'll keep it short and sweet. 

He wasn't sacked, he got us promoted and he'll lead us into next season. 

You went from proclaiming Bob's upward projectory, to calling for his sacking after Brora, then quickly moved on to trying to ridicule anyone that didn't flip flop as fast as you.

The league wasn't in doubt when you wanted him sacked, so it's a flimsy excuse for your spectacular volte-face.

You've made over 600 posts on a thread where you apparently only agreed with the title for a few days. Remind me who's angry again?