Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Then why not start now? 

Going by this season we could be unbeaten, scoring for fun, and have pumped Hibs and the manager's head will be demanded after ur first loss to Hamilton or whoever. Is that acceptable or normal behaviour?

It has become normalised for some Hearts fans it seems, but it's not normal.

it wouldn’t be normal if the manager has credit in the bank. A reserve of goodwill to draw on.  

Neilson has used up his lives and then some.  We’ve dropped points in 10 games in an absolutey dogshit championship, out of 27 games I could 5 decent performances!! We suffered some unbelievably bad losses such as QOS and Raith at home and suffered 2 absolutely ridiculous cup exits. Brora was simply the straw that broke the camels back. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it wouldn’t be normal if the manager has credit in the bank. A reserve of goodwill to draw on.  

Neilson has used up his lives and then some.  We’ve dropped points in 10 games in an absolutey dogshit championship, out of 27 games I could 5 decent performances!! We suffered some unbelievably bad losses such as QOS and Raith at home and suffered 2 absolutely ridiculous cup exits. Brora was simply the straw that broke the camels back. 

My point is Neilson should have some credit in the bank. Not just the start to the season, some good signings that saved some problem areas and a great, and almost epic, mini cup run, but what he did with us before. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

My point is Neilson should have some credit in the bank. Not just the start to the season, some good signings that saved some problem areas and a great, and almost epic, mini cup run, but what he did with us before. 

For some he didn’t have any when he came back for a multitude of reasons. I think that was very unfair, I supported the appointment and defended him massively until Brora despite growing doubts . 

in all honesty, his post match excuses and his dismissive views of the support haven’t done him many favours either killing the last embers of goodwill.. and if we are honest, whether it’s fair or not his mouth is partly responsible for his unpopularity across large segments of the support from his first spell. 

I genuinely hope I’m wrong, I just want hearts to win

siegementality
32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You are definitely taking the piss.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, because the problem is the idiots who started this thread and the many others who thought it was a reasonable thread to start have been enabled by the lack of condemnation. 

Condemnation? It's been people expressing their opinion. You simply dislike that volume of opinion against your own rather than simply disagreeing. If I were you I'd be taking succour in the fact your blessed Robbie is a protected species in Budge's eyes.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

One person's tinkering is another's trying to find the best combination of players or formation. I'm actually fairly meh about Neilson as a manager believe it or not, I just don't think he deserves the stick he gets from some quarters and I think he should get some time. He's a solid appointment for me, someone who did very well the first time around, and who has the potential to get better as he's young and not stuck in his ways yet. I've said loads of times his cup record is mostly terrible.

But I don't see him tinkering much more than other managers. All managers change things up to an extent during a season, whether due to injuries, bringing players in etc. It's also very common to "tinker" when you're new to the job. Stendel did. All managers do. I'd rather have someone like Neilson who is open to switching tactics etc up than Stendel and Cathro who seemed fixed to their vision of football. The only manager we've had who was completely predictable in how he set teams up, the players he liked, and how he played, I can think of was JJ. And he was older than Neilson is now when he first managed Hearts.

Oh dear I’m afraid you really are up the creek without a paddle my wee friend. Your post has just ignored the biggest problem Robbie Neilson has that being,  The Man Is Not Good Enough To Manage Heart Of Midlothian F.C.

Robbie Neilson is just not up to the standards Hearts supporters demand. This last season has proved the point 100% and 95% plus of the latest Mitch41 survey is not wrong Neilson must go now. And if Ann Budge insists that Hearts can’t afford to sack him she just needs to ask our loyal support to chip in with the money because the truth is we can’t afford to keep him as manager. Message to Ann Budge: Stay well away from appointing a future manager because on that front you’ve done enough damage.

Edited by mitch41

NANOJAMBO
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

November 20th does seem to indicate most people on this thread were waiting anxiously for the first opportunity to kick the boy in the nuts.

Nonsense.  Your problem is you just can't let a chance pass to have a dig at critics. 

Do yourself a favour and stick to telling us all how shite McInness would be as a Hearts manager. 

PS Brora : the tipping point. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Nonsense.  Your problem is you just can't let a chance pass to have a dig at critics. 

Do yourself a favour and stick to telling us all how shite McInness would be as a Hearts manager. 

Indeed. I was happy to give Neilson the season but the idea of him doing the same in the top flight was an anathema. Brora should have been a sacking on the spot.

gregzy2k7

Lets be honest if RN went tomorrow around 80% of the fans wouldn't be gutted, he should be gone but he's not, that's the main gist of it, no point in getting wound up now that he is going to remain, The club have put themselves under immense pressure to get things right next season though imo, i do think that this very much is last chance saloon for RN now, player recruitment has to be absolutely spot on, The first 11 games will be critical imo, if we are bottom 6 after the first 11 then the pressure will go up 10 fold, I don't think neilson will survive that kind of pressure, especially if fans are back in tynie, I hope it works and he turns it around but i am not confident tbh.

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Lets be honest if RN went tomorrow around 80% of the fans wouldn't be gutted, he should be gone but he's not, that's the main gist of it, no point in getting wound up now that he is going to remain, The club have put themselves under immense pressure to get things right next season though imo, i do think that this very much is last chance saloon for RN now, player recruitment has to be absolutely spot on, The first 11 games will be critical imo, if we are bottom 6 after the first 11 then the pressure will go up 10 fold, I don't think neilson will survive that kind of pressure, especially if fans are back in tynie, I hope it works and he turns it around but i am not confident tbh.

This is where I'm at. People can continue to moan, but it won't make any difference, so let's see how he does with the team this season. I hope he proves me wrong.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

This is where I'm at. People can continue to moan, but it won't make any difference, so let's see how he does with the team this season. I hope he proves me wrong.

I think that’s where we are all at surely?.  Doesn’t mean we can’t have a debate when posters like toque are telling us there are no tanks in Baghdad 

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Aye.

Probably the most accurate summation on this thread.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think that’s where we are all at surely?.  Doesn’t mean we can’t have a debate when posters like toque are telling us there are no tanks in Baghdad 

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot

Generally agree, but I am confident. 😂

Des Lynam
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

:gok: 

Never mind wouldn't be gutted, if he went tomorrow Monday would have to be declared a Gorgie Public Holiday 🍻

Ethan Hunt
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Actually it’s not where I am at. I’m afraid I’ll have to continue to moan until he’s gone. If he gets the performances and results required to stay in the job next season then fair enough, but I don’t think he will.

He should have been gone by now. There were enough embarrassing results and excuses this season to merit him being punted. Budge deciding Neilson is staying won’t change my view. I’ll certainly not be showing the apathy of others in just accepting the decision. We’ve just accepted too many of Budges decisions and look where it has us. 

A few more people need to have the courage of their convictions. Sometimes change has to be forced through, and you don’t do that by caving in at the first sign of resistance.

Neilson out!

Edited by Ethan Hunt

jager man
13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure about that. We beat them this season against the odds. Not long after, "Neilson Oot" So basically win or lose some have it in for him.

The hatred some have for Neilson is so strange. It was in his first season and it has been this season. Levein I could understand, he's not everyone's cup of tea. 

I hate him. Not scared to admit it. Doesn't feel strange to me. He is the most useless manager we've ever had and that's including some of the jokes we had in the Romanov era. I'll want him out no matter how we start the season.

Ethan Hunt
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

So are folk still going to be demanding Neilson's head a few days before the start of the season? Because that would be sensible. 

Yes.

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Actually it’s not where I am at. I’m afraid I’ll have to continue to moan until he’s gone. If he gets the performances and results required to stay in the job next season then fair enough, but I don’t think he will.

He should have been gone by now. There were enough embarrassing results and excuses this season to merit him being punted. Budge deciding Neilson is staying won’t change my view. I’ll certainly not be showing the apathy of others in just accepting the decision. We’ve just accepted too many of Budges decisions and look where it has us. 

A few more people need to have the courage of their convictions. Sometimes change has to be forced through, and you don’t do that by caving in at the first sign of resistance.

Neilson out!

Don’t mistake not talking about it on here with apathy. I just haven’t got the strength anymore to spend hours arguing the same thing over and over with the same people. 

My position hasn’t changed - I want him to leave - but kickback never changed anything. 

Not sure how we show the “courage of our convictions”, unless you fancy replicating what Man Utd fans did last week...

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don’t mistake not talking about it on here with apathy. I just haven’t got the strength anymore to spend hours arguing the same thing over and over with the same people. 

My position hasn’t changed - I want him to leave - but kickback never changed anything. 

Not sure how we show the “courage of our convictions”, unless you fancy replicating what Man Utd fans did last week...

The courage of our convictions is to continue the “external noise” as Neilson calls it. Noise can be heard, silence can’t. Too many people now just resigning themselves to the fact that Budge has made another crap decision and they can’t do anything about it. Silence will achieve nothing.

I’ll continue to make my thoughts heard, despite the shills on here wanting us all to just forget about it and move forward. Bludgeoned needs to be continually reminded that the majority of fans are unhappy with Neilson as manager. The club monitor this site and any reduction of the noise will be seen as acceptance, feck that!

I was always a Budge supporter but I am

now in the position that FOH need to complete the transfer of ownership ASAP and Budge needs sidelined. She has made too many costly mistakes and its time the club moved away from her mini dictatorship.

The Mighty Thor

Shills putting in a monumental shift here. 

This thread started on 20th November during the Dunfermline away fixture when we got to see Bob's sideways football, Neilson-ball, taking shape. It had been there to see from the game away to Arbroath. Slow, turgid sideways football with no attacking threat. Two wingers, neither of whom could beat a man, two holding mids, neither of whom can pass a ball. 

Alloa in the LC came as no shock and then the rot set in as Neilson stuck to his footballing ethos. 

Brora put the tin hat on it. Beaten by a semi-professional outfit of posties and plumbers who had neither trained nor kicked a ball for more than two months. 

In any other performance related industry you'd be getting your jotters for that but not in Auntie Ann's cosy wee world. 

So on we go to the PL with Bob's players and Bob's tactics. 

siegementality
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I also wonder this. But fair play to him. Shows cojonies. Much braver to go around putting up "phoodle" posters though.

As for the inconsistencies in their arguments, they're all over the shop. They all thought the Hibs semi would be their opportunity, but the team didn't comply. The Brora result was the one they needed and Neilson (and the players who are probably delighted about the attention on Neilson as they were very much to blame as well) unfortunately gave it to them.

Oh dear! Please tell us about the consistency of your argument, other than that you consistently post shite. Then tell us about the inconsistency of “their arguments”. I dunno who “their” is, but my argument has been consistent throughout.

NANOJAMBO
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Oh dear! Please tell us about the consistency of your argument, other than that you consistently post shite. Then tell us about the inconsistency of “their arguments”. I dunno who “their” is, but my argument has been consistent throughout.

It's that catch all-BS he resorts to, time & again. Absolutely deludes himself into thinking he's the gatekeeper of HMFC when all he does is close his eyes to the shambles of a football department that is HMFC. 

siegementality
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's that catch all-BS he resorts to, time & again. Absolutely deludes himself into thinking he's the gatekeeper of HMFC when all he does is close his eyes to the shambles of a football department that is HMFC. 

I find it hard to believe he’s for real. His continual attempts to belittle and discredit JJ’s time at Hearts is particularly appalling. At least he’s been consistent in his attempts though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

You are fundamentally missing the point with that third paragraph. His inability to learn that his constant tinkering is a bad idea that’s the problem. 

Peoplw don’t actually want him to constantly ***** about with players in the wrong positions .

But he won't change? Sorry that's just contrary 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hardly been on lately so more pish. I'd be here all day if I was hardly letting a chance pass, that's nonsense chum :lol:

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Kelly hearts have just beaten Brora 4-1.

let that sink in for a minute.

It was just a blip.😎

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Kelly hearts have just beaten Brora 4-1.

let that sink in for a minute.

It was an unacceptable result against Brora. Arguably the worst in the clubs history. No hearts manager should survive that and the ‘response’ against QoS.  

siegementality
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It was an unacceptable result against Brora. Arguably the worst in the clubs history. No hearts manager should survive that and the ‘response’ against QoS.  

Let’s not forget the League Cup exit to Alloa.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Let’s not forget we got put out the other cup by part time Alloa 🤬🤬🤬.The only reason Neilson is still at Hearts is because Budge is fecking clueless. 

Just now, siegementality said:

Let’s not forget the League Cup exit to Alloa.

Indeed. I won’t forget any of it, or the painful, ineffective football that led us to those results. 

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

But he won't change? Sorry that's just contrary 

No it’s not contrary. You are missing the point entirely somehow. 

When people say “he won’t change”. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with changing the selection. 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The courage of our convictions is to continue the “external noise” as Neilson calls it. Noise can be heard, silence can’t. Too many people now just resigning themselves to the fact that Budge has made another crap decision and they can’t do anything about it. Silence will achieve nothing.

I’ll continue to make my thoughts heard, despite the shills on here wanting us all to just forget about it and move forward. Bludgeoned needs to be continually reminded that the majority of fans are unhappy with Neilson as manager. The club monitor this site and any reduction of the noise will be seen as acceptance, feck that!

I was always a Budge supporter but I am

now in the position that FOH need to complete the transfer of ownership ASAP and Budge needs sidelined. She has made too many costly mistakes and its time the club moved away from her mini dictatorship.

Can’t argue with that 🤷‍♂️

logopolis

Given that we beat Alloa 3 times scored 12 goals  and conceded only 1 ... might that not suggest that the cup game it was a one off blip ?

I'll let you argue amongst yourselves what a Championship side losing to a Highland league side is 😛

40 minutes ago, flem said:

Let’s not forget we got put out the other cup by part time Alloa 🤬🤬🤬.The only reason Neilson is still at Hearts is because Budge is fecking clueless. 

All the games around these months were pitiful. 

20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, the plane hirers are geniuses 🤣

As for Levein, no-one saw him starting 18/19 the way he did and nearly winning us the SC did they? They went all quiet for a few months then reappeared when we got all the injuries and everything went pear shaped. Oracles they are.

Were you really convinced that was a Hearts team in progress?  I never like to run down my team but in all

honesty we were presented the easiest path to a final we ever had. 

The Hearts fans I keep circles with were never convinced,but as a fan there’s always an element of going with the flow. You hope for the best. 

But I notice you continually bring up

that start to 18/19. Was there any answer to Naismith getting injured in the semi or Uche being out? No. 

No overdrive into a positive mindset, back we went into our shells and the poor squad building was exposed after all that money put in Levein’s hands.

The management shut up shop and here we are. 

Edited by Debut 4

Italian Lambretta

If this *** doesn't get us into a European spot this season he better find a new occupation smartish........

17 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If this *** doesn't get us into a European spot this season he better find a new occupation smartish........

Not a chance. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Indeed. I won’t forget any of it, or the painful, ineffective football that led us to those results. 

How the hell he survived these results is almost beyond belief, plus all the other mind numbing performances of the last few months. 😏

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

No it’s not contrary. You are missing the point entirely somehow. 

When people say “he won’t change”. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with changing the selection. 

What is it then? As I say every time, I find him vanilla. Could be better could be worse. 

I understand frustration, just not the level of, and going back to last night's response, November was a bit early, considering how positive December was in performances. 

I think a point conveniently forgotten, we were a Championship club, not many folk would have been interested, maybe still wouldn't,  and what can we realistically afford under circumstances, are Hearts a career risk?

So many aspects to simply dismissing, even after a couple of nightmares,  Alloa in the League Cup I bugged me more than Brora in truth. 

I was less than thralled probably surprised he returned. Anyhow hes staying, look forward to the day we go and get ahead of the other's, meantime maybe Steady Eddie, League anyway, is as good as it gets 

qferryjam
12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

What is it then? As I say every time, I find him vanilla. Could be better could be worse. 

I understand frustration, just not the level of, and going back to last night's response, November was a bit early, considering how positive December was in performances. 

I think a point conveniently forgotten, we were a Championship club, not many folk would have been interested, maybe still wouldn't,  and what can we realistically afford under circumstances, are Hearts a career risk?

So many aspects to simply dismissing, even after a couple of nightmares,  Alloa in the League Cup I bugged me more than Brora in truth. 

I was less than thralled probably surprised he returned. Anyhow hes staying, look forward to the day we go and get ahead of the other's, meantime maybe Steady Eddie, League anyway, is as good as it gets 

So basically the only competitions we have a chance of winning ,the cups , are now put to one side while Neilson is at the club 

Jambof3tornado
14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He should never have been given the response game!!!

#BUDGEOVERNEILSONOUt now

Jambof3tornado
13 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

How the hell he survived these results is almost beyond belief, plus all the other mind numbing performances of the last few months. 😏

With hibs about to be gifted another scottish cup you have to wonder if we had done better in the competition could it have been us.(if my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle I know but).

siegementality
6 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Neilson  Neilson  GTF

Neilson  GTF.

Best post of the thread.

15 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If he didn't get told to find new employment after Brora etc, what makes you think above could happen?

29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If he didn't get told to find new employment after Brora etc, what makes you think above could happen?

If we finish 6th we’ll get a mission accomplished statement from our chair.  If we avoid relegation we’ll get excuses galore and the focus will quickly shift to fans unacceptable behaviour, nasty emails etc.  If we get relegated then nobody has a better record of getting out of the championship than Robbie.