Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Load of shite. 

No, the clear evidence of us performing well in the league under him  is evidenced by his league finishes with us. 

1st

3rd

left us in 2nd/3rd

1st 

Can't be any clearer than that. Really can't be. If you don't see the correlation between league placings and that being evidence of overall performance for the team  over a league season then I am unable to help you. 

How is evidence that a manager who did well 5 years ago enough to convince you he will do well again next season. That’s just hope. It’s not evidence. We’ve had 2 fairly recent returning managers who did well first time round and were abject failures second time round.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Mars plastic
41 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Thank god your not in charge we’d have no fans at all allowed in Tynie.

Unfortunately, it's symptomatic of the attitude that pervades Tynie these days.

13 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Well done Robbie!  Shame that some won't bring themselves to congratulate him 😔

Aye, he's certainly silenced the outside noise with that triumph.

23 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

20210510_110359.jpg

Well done!

What an accolade.

Let's hope that a progressive English team now comes along and takes Bob Guardiola off our hands!

kingantti1874

A few haters 😂. When Levein out stayed his welcome it was unanimous, wall to wall booing. 

robbie could very well face the same if we doesn’t start well

Niemi’s gloves
24 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Well done Robbie!  Shame that some won't bring themselves to congratulate him 😔

Agreed

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Logan was key to that system, he was one that he got right. We were all eating a bit of humble pie and giving him a bit of credit for a change - me included.

But bafflingly - we let him go. Now if we were going to sign someone younger and better I’d say ok fair enough but that doesn’t appear to be the case- he’s gone public saying smith will go back to playing on the right. 

Smith doesn’t have the legs, ive been saying it the whole season. His lack of legs and getting beyond the midfield have been a huge problem. A blind man can see that surely.  Then he compounds that bizarre decisons with an equally bizarre decisions to sign a keeper who in the event that we need him isn’t god enough. 

I don’t trust the guy at all. He won’t make it till Christmas.

I'll have 50p he does  :)

He has a habit of getting League campaigns right, bad League Cup would see pressure amplified. 

I'm an optimist, not sure Logan's legs were any better than Smith's mind you, but definitely agreed its a position for legs. Actually one that might have suited Clare better had Stendel tried a 3.

I like the idea of Gino, Boyce and GMS, midfield not being addressed would have been my biggest criticism for the year and still remains my worry. Would be where I would judge him on strategy. 

Niemi’s gloves
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Let's sterlise the atmosphere completely. Make it like a night at the pictures.  

Absolutely not what I’m saying. I’m all for an atmosphere that intimidates the opposition and puts pressure on referees, and there have been plenty of those at Tynecastle over the years. But that’s not on some people’s agenda.

Niemi’s gloves
40 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Have you been going to football long?

Every fan has the absolute right to voice their opinion whether you agree or not. It's not North Korea!

And your bit about football as an entertainment..... Can you have a look in your crystal ball and tell me when Neilson is going into the entertainment business?

Many decades, well  over 50 years as a regular supporter. No fan has the absolute right to behave in a way that is offensive to others’ enjoyment of the game. 

Niemi’s gloves
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A few haters 😂. When Levein out stayed his welcome it was unanimous, wall to wall booing. 

And that worked out well!

It’s time that those who orchestrated some of the extreme behaviour at the start of the 2019/20 season accepted at least part of the responsibility for our demotion

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Mars plastic
43 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

20210510_110359.jpg

Similar to Susan Boyle winning the karaoke in Lammies of a Saturday evening.

kingantti1874
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

And that worked out well!

It’s time that those who orchestrated some of the extreme behaviour at the star of the 2019/20 season accepted at least part of the responsibility for our demotion

You have to be joking, the problem wasn’t the fans. It was 1. Budge leaving Levein in role for far too log , then 2. blindly “hoping” that Austin McPhee could be the man then 3 wait about 8 weeks to recruit Stendel.

It’s all at Ann Budge’s door. She doesn’t understand football, she doesn’t understand what it takes to win, she doesn’t understand that you have to act decisively! And she is currently in the midst of making the same mistake again

11 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Absolutely not what I’m saying. I’m all for an atmosphere that intimidates the opposition and puts pressure on referees, and there have been plenty of those at Tynecastle over the years. But that’s not on some people’s agenda.

If fans are at the ground and pissed off, they will let the club, manager, chairman and players know they're pissed off. Whether you or I thinks it's right in any particular set of circumstances is nothing but chit chat. Nothing will change.

5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Many decades, well  over 50 years as a regular supporter. No fan has the absolute right to behave in a way that is offensive to others’ enjoyment of the game. 

Yes, I agree...I to have been a regular for 50+ years. However, the atmosphere at Tynecastle has been sterile for years now.
That is the problem with an all seated stadium....We don't have, or at least have limited choice to move away from the moron's like we did when standing was an option.

But you know as well as I do.......Budge and Neilson are going to be subjected to the most vile, offensive abuse heard at Tynecastle not heard in a long time!
I wouldn't subject my Grandkids to it......But there again.....I'm just sick of the whole Budge / Neilson show, which will be enough to keep me away. 

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You have to be joking, the problem wasn’t the fans. It was 1. Budge leaving Levein in role for far too log , then 2. blindly “hoping” that Austin McPhee could be the man then 3 wait about 8 weeks to recruit Stendel.

It’s all at Ann Budge’s door. She doesn’t understand football, she doesn’t understand what it takes to win, she doesn’t understand that you have to act decisively! And she is currently in the midst of making the same mistake again

You are entitled to your view, some of which I’d agree with. But I’m entitled to the view that the behaviour of a section of the fans was partly responsible for our lousy season. Moreover some appear anxious to go down the same route again, regardless of the consequences.

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

You are entitled to your view, some of which I’d agree with. But I’m entitled to the view that the behaviour of a section of the fans was partly responsible for our lousy season. Moreover some appear anxious to go down the same route again, regardless of the consequences.

Dear me.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

good god! I would normally say I respect your opinion but in this case I just don’t. It is so far wrong it doesn’t warrant a proper response 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The fans that have contributed £60m to Budges regime are partly at fault for how shite we were?:mmtaxi:

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

good god! I would normally say I respect your opinion but in this case I just don’t. It is so far wrong it doesn’t warrant a proper response 

Do you agree that fans getting firmly behind the team on the park, home and away, is likely to help produce better results? Why is the opposite situation so hard to grasp?

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How is evidence that a manager who did well 5 years ago enough to convince you he will do well again next season. That’s just hope. It’s not evidence. We’ve had 2 fairly recent returning managers who did well first time round and were abject failures second time round.

So all the evidence, apart from his previous league form and finishes with us. 

That doesn't count. 

Got you now. 👍

Also, There is no evidence for what will  happen next season, it's not happened yet. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbf, apparently folk want entertained firstly at the football now and forget it's a competitive sport. 

All about the flair and personality. 

Bazzas right boot

There will be no toxic atmosphere, all the rabid Budge and Robbie oot Brigade are not going back until they are removed. 

They've thrown all their toys out the pram and according to the most  rabid on here they  won't be back. 

Either that or they are more full of wind, piss and broken Promises than I first thought. 

If that lot stick to their word, Tynecastle will be rocking  and without them greeting and taking hissy tantrums at our own we can get behind the team and help them win while abusing the opposition team and fans. 

Niemi’s gloves
18 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Yes, I agree...I to have been a regular for 50+ years. However, the atmosphere at Tynecastle has been sterile for years now.
That is the problem with an all seated stadium....We don't have, or at least have limited choice to move away from the moron's like we did when standing was an option.

But you know as well as I do.......Budge and Neilson are going to be subjected to the most vile, offensive abuse heard at Tynecastle not heard in a long time!
I wouldn't subject my Grandkids to it......But there again.....I'm just sick of the whole Budge / Neilson show, which will be enough to keep me away. 

I’m glad  we have a fair amount to agree on. Personally I’ll be renewing my season ticket in the hope/expectation that the folk in the immediate vicinity will be reasonably well behaved and positive, as they generally are. League cup games are more problematic. I’m inclined to give home ones a miss but might make an away one if it’s a ground with terracing where, as you say, you can move away from the morons. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No it wasn't. 

There was no wall to wall booing at Tynecastle. 

There were boos after a defeat as always, but no wall to wall booing. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Just how granny Budge likes it.

ScottieMac17
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No it wasn't. 

There was no wall to wall booing at Tynecastle. 

There were boos after a defeat as always, but no wall to wall booing. 

The way people are on here, I'm expecting booing when the players warm up and walk out the tunnel. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

The way people are on here, I'm expecting booing when the players warm up and walk out the tunnel. 

I'm gonna boo the boos if the boos aren't boo-ey enough. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Just how granny Budge likes it.

Agiest and sexist, subtle. 

2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think if any fans go to games with the intention of causing a toxic atmosphere and overstep the mark in the ground, Budge would be well within her rights to have them thrown out by security or by the police if necessary. As people here have been keen to point out, football is a form of entertainment. What the haters have to remember is that they are potentially disrupting other people’s entertainment (not to mention causing upset to very young fans). They don’t have a right to do that simply because they want a change of manager/chairman. As far as I’m concerned it is or should be support the team during games or GTF. If a few balding, red-faced middle aged men get thrown out and subsequently banned from the ground, I won’t shed any tears.

Aye, that'll work. 

"the haters" :facepalm:

I thought "the haters" were told repeatedly on here ( re "football is a form of entertainment".) that if they wanted to be entertained they should **** off somewhere else. 

Get a grip : accountability is coming next season when fans are back.   You can be sure of that. 

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Aye, that'll work. 

"the haters" :facepalm:

I thought "the haters" were told repeatedly on here ( re "football is a form of entertainment".) that if they wanted to be entertained they should **** off somewhere else. 

Get a grip : accountability is coming next season when fans are back.   You can be sure of that. 

ok we can differ. I want the season to start with fans giving the team every chance to do well.

You seem to have ousting Neilson/Budge as your prime objective, regardless of the impact on the team.

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Do you agree that fans getting firmly behind the team on the park, home and away, is likely to help produce better results? Why is the opposite situation so hard to grasp?

there was nothing to get behind. When a club out size fails to perform actions needs to be swift and decisive. 5 years we’ve been watching garbage 

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There will be no toxic atmosphere, all the rabid Budge and Robbie oot Brigade are not going back until they are removed. 

They've thrown all their toys out the pram and according to the most  rabid on here they  won't be back. 

Either that or they are more full of wind, piss and broken Promises than I first thought. 

If that lot stick to their word, Tynecastle will be rocking  and without them greeting and taking hissy tantrums at our own we can get behind the team and help them win while abusing the opposition team and fans. 

Have you actually been to Tynecastle regularly in the last 2 -3 years and seen how it usually ‘rocks’ even with a near capacity ? I’m not talking about derbies or OF games here. I’m talking about bread and butter bog standard league games.

Edited by JimmyCant

7 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

ok we can differ. I want the season to start with fans giving the team every chance to do well.

You seem to have ousting Neilson/Budge as your prime objective, regardless of the impact on the team.

Mate, the team is part of the reason for the atmosphere at the club* , to the extent Neilson stopped blaming the pitches/the weather and said "there will be changes next season". 

*Did you miss Craig Gordon's scathing criticism on national TV ? Did you miss the weekly apologies from "the team" ?  There's so much wrong under Neilson. 

Or are we just supposed to pretend none of this happened and that it's all suddenly rosy in the Neilson garden because he got Souttar & Haring back ? 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Have you actually been to Tynecastle regularly in the last 2 -3 years and seen how it usually ‘rocks’ even with a near capacity ? I’m not talking about derbies or OF games here. I’m talking about bread and butter bog standard league games.

Been like that all my lifetime. 

Surely we're now not at the point of "TYNECASTLE OOT"? 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Yip, they are now hoping we fail so this happens. 

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Grants vodka, how extremely tinpot and apt. 

We’ve all probably drank more shite vodka than we know.  Less scrupulous barmen then you have been known to fill dear vodka bottles with it. 

Mars plastic
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mate, that 'oot' chat is beyond excruciating.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mars plastic said:

Mate, that 'oot' chat is beyond excruciating.

Do you ever add to a thread content or just go about grading folks posts? 

Are you suggesting "oot chat" oot? 

Mars plastic
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Do you ever add to a thread content or just go about grading folks posts? 

Are you suggesting "oot chat" oot? 

Can somebody holler the Irony Polis please?!!

The other bit, for you, was quite funny.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

So in your lifetime you’ll have heard good performances being cheered heartily and you’ll have heard the exact opposite for bad performances. Tell me something, in your imaginary world are bad performances going to be universally accepted with a shrug of the shoulder by your imaginary crowd of only carpet sweepers and, the easily led who’ll accept any old shite being served up. If you think for a minute your crowd, devoid of the toys out mob you think won’t be going will react with some sympathy and circumspection to a 2-0 home defeat by bottom 6 fodder or league cup no marks, you’re more deluded than you even come across here. 

Edited by JimmyCant

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, they are now hoping we fail so this happens. 

No we’re hoping it happens if he fails. That’s a completely different hope and damn well you know it. He should have been sacked the morning after Brora. You said so yourself in this very forum.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So in your lifetime you’ll have heard good performances being cheered heartily and you’ll have heard the exact opposite for bad performances. Tell me something, in your imaginary world are bad performances going to be universally accepted with a shrug of the shoulder by your imaginary crowd of only carpet sweepers and, the easily led who’ll accept any old shite being served up. If you think for a minute your crowd, devoid of the toys out mob you think won’t be going will react with some sympathy and circumspection to a 2-0 home defeat by bottom 6 fodder or league cup no marks, you’re more deluded than you even come across here. 

This season we won promotion tho, so league wise we done well. 

He could have easily been sacked for the sc performance, he wasn't. 

He was never getting sacked for the league performance, we won it, easily. 

Whoever is manager will suffer defeats, we shouldn't sack folk after every one we think is shite, that would be madness. 

We should sack folk for a consistant run of poor /bad results ( for example one that takes us to 10th after the first round of fixtures or to bottom of the league after 30 games played, but that never happened under Robbie.

He's  also not been sacked for his sc shocker, so I'll move on. 

Moving on, the evidence is that under Robbie we'll be consistent in the league but poor in the cups. 

Getting us high in the league and back to where we belong is priority atm I think, and hopefully he improves his cup record. 

siegementality
18 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think Neilson signed Craig Gordon too but I know a lot of supporters don't want to credit him with that despite the fact Gordon himself stated that his relationship with Robbie was a factor. But let's not allow facts to get in the way of matters. 

Well unfortunately for you someone knows different. Who would that someone be, oh aye Robbie Neilson!!

If you listen to the extended interview with him on 29/4/21 -

https://essentialpodcasts.podbean.com/

he clearly states that Ann had been talking to Craig Gordon and the deal was on the table before he Neilson even came in. He did say “he authorised it” but I think he’s kidding himself on. 

Craig Gordon was an Ann Budge signing.

siegementality
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

No we’re hoping it happens if he fails. That’s a completely different hope and damn well you know it. He should have been sacked the morning after Brora. You said so yourself in this very forum.

And then he eventually realised it wasn’t going to happen and changed his tune. All the reasons to sack Neilson suddenly just melted away and he jumped back onto his wee happy clappy spamming the board bandwagon.

Neilson staying and Hibs favourites for the cup, he’ll be beside himself.

6 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Agreed

Nothing gives the many Hobos on here more comfort than the few who spend all their time criticising the club.

12 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Nothing gives the many Hobos on here more comfort than the few who spend all their time criticising the club.

Delusional. 

frankblack
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Well unfortunately for you someone knows different. Who would that someone be, oh aye Robbie Neilson!!

If you listen to the extended interview with him on 29/4/21 -

https://essentialpodcasts.podbean.com/

he clearly states that Ann had been talking to Craig Gordon and the deal was on the table before he Neilson even came in. He did say “he authorised it” but I think he’s kidding himself on. 

Craig Gordon was an Ann Budge signing.

Shhh! Better not tell i8. :lol: