Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Yeh I was going to say that to @Hashimoto

My understaning of the structure is Savage finds and recruits the players. Neilson just says the positions he beleive's needs strengthend. 

McEneff and Gnando are two examples.

Good examples too , both have come in and contributed. Gnandos work ethic isnt the best but he does what hes supposed too

Edited by sadj

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Savage won’t be picking the players.....but I assume he’ll forward his suggestions to RN....as will our Recruitment Manager and incoming Analysis person.

RN will have the final say......surely ?

Mars plastic
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We were last time tho. 

To remind, Robbies league positions with us-

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd

1st

If anything we are a pretty safe bet for a good league finish and certainly not at a disadvantage having Robbie in charge. 

Nothing suggests we'll be poor in the league under him. 

Cup progress is a different matter tho. 

We’ve just been emptied out the big cup by the crofters of Brora, emptied out the diddy by part time Alloa, lost to the southernly queens at home for the first time in about 200 years, had 2 good performances in 25 games, one against the part time Alloa, but aye, we’re not at a disadvantage having your ‘Robbie’ in charge. 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Savage won’t be picking the players.....but I assume he’ll forward his suggestions to RN....as will our Recruitment Manager and incoming Analysis person.

Its explained above

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

We’ve just been emptied out the big cup by the crofters of Brora, emptied out the diddy by part time Alloa, lost to the southernly queens at home for the first time in about 200 years, had 2 good performances in 25 games, one against the part time Alloa, but aye, we’re not at a disadvantage having your ‘Robbie’ in charge. 

I think the “disadvantage” comment is unfair. League wise he has a good consistent record. If he matched his previous prem win percentage wed be third this season. The performances , the feeling of fans and the fact that one bad result will just put everyone back into a “**** off Robbie” thought process no matter how well we do prior to said bad result is the most important aspect

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its explained above

Yes......but is this the respective posters interpretation of what will happen ?

I don’t believe for a second that Neilson won’t ever be going to Savage with a specific name he wants. 

glynnlondon
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Open Revolt? I love peoples use of language on here. Makes me picture something like the French Revolution. 

I think the minimum next season has to be top 6. Somewhere between consolidation and where we should be. The make up of the squad will be different I think. Imo we only need a couple of changes in the first XI to be more than competitive. Wether that also brings entertainment people want is very different. 

The club coming up determines if its difficult or not. Teams like Dundee , St Mirren , Hamilton it can be. Teams like Livi with no expectation its a lot easier. Teams like Rangers , Hibs and us - simple consolidation should never be “difficult”

Took that at the Dumfy game.

In general the support has gone along with AB and crossed our collective fingers that things would get better.

They haven't.

Not the fans fault the last few years all on chronic ineptitude at the top.

Just see more of the same and a lot of the support has gone past their tipping point.

1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

Took that at the Dumfy game.

In general the support has gone along with AB and crossed our collective fingers that things would get better.

They haven't.

Not the fans fault the last few years all on chronic ineptitude at the top.

Just see more of the same and a lot of the support has gone past their tipping point.

No argument here. Personally im not in the category of withholding money is correct especially at the moment. 

Fans are fickle and if Brora hadn’t happened then it might be there is a way back to full happiness from fans but it would take a miracle i think as I said above one poor result and itll be carnage again. 

Italian Lambretta
26 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah Neilson and Budge will have a cosy sit down over tea and scones and decide what's best for the football side of the business 🙄

26 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Savage will probaby give RN a couple of options.

Further to my earlier post and using Gnando as an example we originally were in for the boy at Walsall. That never worked out so we swooped for Gnando.

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Further to my earlier post and using Gnando as an example we originally were in for the boy at Walsall. That never worked out so we swooped for Gnando.

The way I believe it happens now is Neilson says to savage he needs say a RB and savage goes and scouts a few.He then gets back to Neilson who discusses the names and they come to an agreement with Neilson having the final say.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

As I said the league positions under him are a fact. 

I also said the cup runs were a different matter. 

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

brora was the straw that broke the camels back in the eyes of a lot of fans

My camel was broken well before then!!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Rods said:

"swooped" 

:yas:

54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"swooped" 

:yas:

ha ha ha an apt use of an EPL term on the day its on the backfoot. 

4 hours ago, sadj said:

It hasnt really , plenty of folk were talking about it. I havent read that thread but because its not posted on a jkb thread doesnt mean it wasnt in the air or being discussed. 

You should read the thread. 

A suspension was mentioned as I said earlier, but it certainly wasn't seen as inevitable.

You really think if people thought it was a relegation decider it wouldn't warrant a mention?

Events were moving very quickly, with football suspended 2 days later and full lockdown 10 days after that.

As someone else mentioned most leagues played to a finish after a pause, so there was no reason at that time to believe this was do or die, and if people say it was they are either misremembering or they have an agenda.

Edited by fancy a brew

9 hours ago, whyskey said:

we are out of two cups to brora and alloa , is that not disastrous enough for you.

Not for Tosh...

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah but Savage picks the players Neilson will choose from. 
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-january-transfer-plan-how-19556044

Edited by Pasquale for King
Info

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, sadj said:

I think the 1-0 in 2006 , 3-0 at Ibrox , 3-2 in Scottish Cup 86 are all far better performances for a start. 

Stendels games it felt like most at the moment we get a goal we can do ok , if not 🤷🏻‍♂️ I really didn’t feel like we pressed Rangers into submission in those games

The 3-0 v Hibs was a great performance but even that could have gone the other way until we got the goal.

The 4-1 under Cathro was lucky more than anything.

The 4-0 v Celtic was a brilliant performance , tactically and performance levels. 

Meant to add Sc 98 too - that was a team performance too where despite the pressure , outside of our own fears of conceding a goal because of the historic nature of the game , watching back you never felt we werent in control

Home games. 
The goals were a direct result of pressing. 
Hibs was 3:1. 
Harsh to say beating them 4:1 was harsh, we pressed them well and scored goals from it. 
The cup final was torture, we had three chances and took two. We were camped in our box the whole game, we’ve played better and lost important cup games. You only think we were in control because you know how it ends, I was shouting at the tv when it was replayed last year 🙈

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said it was two of our best home performances against Rangers, because I loved the way we pressed them into submission.The 4:1 under Cathro was pretty good too.  
Could you name any better ones? 

The wins against Rangers under Stendel were fantastic. Pity there weren't more in the ground to enjoy them. What hope and genuine excitement he created for those few short weeks!

The game I always remember when I think of wins over Rangers at Tynecastle was back in 2011 when Ryan Stevenson scored the only goal near the end. Rangers should have been out of sight after half an hour but missed their chances and Kello kept us in it. We gradually got back in the game and the atmosphere when we scored after a bit of a scramble was incredible.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

The wins against Rangers under Stendel were fantastic. Pity there weren't more in the ground to enjoy them. What hope and genuine excitement he created for those few short weeks!

The game I always remember when I think of wins over Rangers at Tynecastle was back in 2011 when Ryan Stevenson scored the only goal near the end. Rangers should have been out of sight after half an hour but missed their chances and Kello kept us in it. We gradually got back in the game and the atmosphere when we scored after a bit of a scramble was incredible.

I remember it too as my pal asked after the game why I wasn’t happy, I thought it was a chance to really put down a marker against these *******s but we were awful. She thought I was mental, she knows it now 😆
Seeing Kevin Kyle today made me think about that season, who knows how far we could’ve went if he had stayed fit. His attitude was fantastic and with Temps & Rudi beside him we were flying. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I remember it too as my pal asked after the game why I wasn’t happy, I thought it was a chance to really put down a marker against these *******s but we were awful. She thought I was mental, she knows it now 😆
Seeing Kevin Kyle today made me think about that season, who knows how far we could’ve went if he had stayed fit. His attitude was fantastic and with Temps & Rudi beside him we were flying. 

I know what you mean. It felt like a bit of a reality check that they outplayed us in the first half. But the goal changed my mood somewhat!

Just watched a video of the goal on YouTube. Commentator called it a statement of intent in the race for the title!

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

You should read the thread. 

A suspension was mentioned as I said earlier, but it certainly wasn't seen as inevitable.

You really think if people thought it was a relegation decider it wouldn't warrant a mention?

Events were moving very quickly, with football suspended 2 days later and full lockdown 10 days after that.

As someone else mentioned most leagues played to a finish after a pause, so there was no reason at that time to believe this was do or die, and if people say it was they are either misremembering or they have an agenda.

Don't you think losing and going clear bottom was going to expose us to serious problems?

Many were warning about that on here at the time but we went out and rolled over.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I know what you mean. It felt like a bit of a reality check that they outplayed us in the first half. But the goal changed my mood somewhat!

Just watched a video of the goal on YouTube. Commentator called it a statement of intent in the race for the title!

Our only shot on target. Just a pity we couldn’t keep it going, Stevo was new to playing up front and didnt have the same qualities as KK but similar attitude. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Rabs pissed me off even more now that Hibs have thumped the team that embarrassed us. Another honour to add to Robbies lengthy list of embarrassments. 

siegementality
15 hours ago, sadj said:

I think the “disadvantage” comment is unfair. League wise he has a good consistent record. If he matched his previous prem win percentage wed be third this season. The performances , the feeling of fans and the fact that one bad result will just put everyone back into a “**** off Robbie” thought process no matter how well we do prior to said bad result is the most important aspect

The drab, dour, over thought, negative performances will continue, its in his DNA. He’s showed it at Hearts, MK Dons and Dundee Utd.

There will be more bad (understatement) results, the Birkirkara, Alloa and Brora results are evidence of that.

Some of us - quite rightly - don’t need to be put “back into a feck of Robbie” thought process as we’ve never left it.

Neilson is not the person to take us forward. He’ll find that out once the fans are allowed back at games.

siegementality
8 hours ago, frankblack said:

Don't you think losing and going clear bottom was going to expose us to serious problems?

Many were warning about that on here at the time but we went out and rolled over.

The point still stands that the majority of leagues completed after a pause.

The corruption within the SPFL ensured Scotland was one of the few leagues that didn’t.

There were a few English clubs in a similar position to us when their leagues paused. If memory serves right the bottom three in one league all survived after going on a wee unbeaten streak, if their league had been called all three would have been demoted.

On 17/04/2021 at 15:11, Jodami said:

Do shills get paid an overtime rate at the weekend?

Must do. Will be based on number of posts as well

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

The point still stands that the majority of leagues completed after a pause.

The corruption within the SPFL ensured Scotland was one of the few leagues that didn’t.

I accept that point.

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

There were a few English clubs in a similar position to us when their leagues paused. If memory serves right the bottom three in one league all survived after going on a wee unbeaten streak, if their league had been called all three would have been demoted.

That might be the case but we knew that the St Mirren game was a must win game and simply didn't turn up.  We gave the SFA and the likes of the vermin the opportunity to shaft us.  Had we gone out prepared and seen of St Mirren, we would have been safe.

10 hours ago, frankblack said:

From a football point of view losing the game put us in very deep shit, no question, but we were already 3 points adrift at the bottom, not turning up to games was what we'd been doing all season.

11 hours ago, frankblack said:

You can't read the thread and come to that conclusion, I've already said the possibility of football stopping was mentioned, but to say many were warning about it is a fiction.

19 hours ago, Jodami said:

Even if we signed decent players the issue is Neilson is clueless about setting a team up. As soon as teams sussed us after the first round of games he was unable to make changes to break teams down. To put things in perspective we have one of the best strikers in Scotland and can't find a way to maximise it. Our international goalkeeper is the principal reason we won the league so easily and his absence led to the worst result in our history. This is why it won't improve until he is removed.

It's hard to argue against any of this. Pretty much how I see it. 

On 17/04/2021 at 16:29, Auldbenches said:

That is what he is saying.  Shut it and stop moaning or you aren't a real fan.  Also would rather have a few thousand less at games if they aren't going to accept things they don't like.  Would rather the club lost paying customers than criticise the club.

It's those stupid fans again...

Yep - a genuinely bizarre POV.

On 17/04/2021 at 16:21, ToqueJambo said:

The evidence for that is how much backing Stendel still gets. I can't think of a single managerial decision Robbie's made in both spells that was as bad or as damaging as Stendel's goalie decision last season.

That's not really evidence, though is it? It's just that you disagree (and personally I agree that Stendel sticking with Periera is the single biggest footballing reason we ended up in this league) so when you see people sticking up for Stendel it takes on greater significance to you, confirmation bias style.

It's really not a majority position amongst Jambos.

Plus, while Neilson may not have made a single decision as disastrous as picking Periera, he's not in a position where anything he does can have such disastrous consequences - purely because he couldn't actually fail to win this league, so shit is it.  But he still managed to pick a team which had a worse result than any other in the entire club history, bought and persisted in playing Popescu, who has cost us time and again, picked Berra when he was obviously a busted flush and not good enough even for the Championship, and so on.

It's a death by a thousand cuts with Neilson, not a single massive mistake.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

If Spurs can sack Jose we can sack Bobby. 

Big difference between Daniel Levy and Old Ann. Daniel probably sees the need to react quickly. Ann is planning an open top bus to celebrate the sky lounge trip advisor rating. 

14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Big difference between Daniel Levy and Old Ann. Daniel probably sees the need to react quickly. Ann is planning an open top bus to celebrate the sky lounge trip advisor rating. 

😂😂😂

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hahahahaha 👍🏽👏🏾

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Zamal?

Yeah there was a thread by someone who said he called RN Rob or Bob so every variant of MY name has been used to describe our lame duck of a manager. 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah there was a thread by someone who said he called RN Rob or Bob so every variant of MY name has been used to describe our lame duck of a manager. 

Is that right Bert? 😎

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

I never think of Bert bring short for Robert tbh. 

So many its scary, Roy is the daftest. 

Pasquale for King

Angry Spurs fan “have you seen the football we’ve played this season? Players have downed tools”, sounds familiar 🤔?!?!

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Agree with everything he says, he's been perfectly reasonable and sensible. 

Let's just see who he signs tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Or maybe he reacted too quickly and shouldn't have replaced their last manager. 👍

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Of course he'll still be here.

We'll do what we always do and we'll get out of it what we always get out of it and when Bob gets emptied around Christmas we'll have another inquest as to how it could possibly have happened again.

Meanwhile we'll be saddled with Popescu/GMS/Gnanduillet types on 3 and 4 year deals.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Of course he'll still be here.

We'll do what we always do and we'll get out of it what we always get out of it and when Bob gets emptied around Christmas we'll have another inquest as to how it could possibly have happened again.

Meanwhile we'll be saddled with Popescu/GMS/Gnanduillet types on 3 and 4 year deals.

You know none of them are on 3/4 year deals so perhaps a touch of common sense to be applied rather than an emotional response